Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 09 October 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SC hardtop? PHAT

Those rims on the maroon 2 look sick

Hey who did your respray and what price am I looking at? The thought of spending 3grand for a spray scares me...

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 06:44]

Send a private message to this user    
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 09 October 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be out and about tomorrow so monday would prob be best. dont bother messaging me some @&^%@#$ nicked my phone. so ive got to sort out a replacement so that;'ll be next week some time. but monday after 5 i should be home so swing past.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 09 October 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you seen my old two tone getting around? My friend sarah owns it now. I like to pretend I still own it Embarassed She lives in mayfield too! its becoming aw11 central
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/472977_15_full.jpg
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 09 October 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha sorry but monday is my last shift. So after monday. PM me your address bro
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 09 October 2004 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah seen her around. spoke to her briefly the other day.. she drives like erin Smile she dosent recognise me when im in the celica or the cougar though.

paint job me and a mate did it ourselves. he's done a bit of painting before.. ive done none.. so i was relegated to sand this, sand this, sand this....... took about 5 weeks of weekends and spare time. ill be the first to admit that ive seen better paint jobs but ive certainly seen worse. total cost for us was about 1k which included a new windscreen, so aroung $750 paint work wise. that said its a nightmare to paint.. sooooo many little panels and removable pieces, heaps more then a *normal* car.

when we grabbed some quotes everyone wanted about 3k as well.

yup SC hard top. id love a targa but i found this one and it looked too nice to pass up.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 07:12]

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 09 October 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where abouts did you pick up those white enkeis? they are awesome... i got rid of my 17's but those looked like 15's? (on the red car)
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 09 October 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 17:52

where abouts did you pick up those white enkeis? they are awesome... i got rid of my 17's but those looked like 15's? (on the red car)

they are 16X7, i brought them in direct from japan. got them for erin's birthday present Smile

they weigh about half of stuff all too which is cool Smile
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 09 October 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want a set of the Lenso Maglite. Absolutely minimal material. Would also weigh stuff all.
http://www.tuner.com.mx/prodrinlenso.php
(top right in this group)

they are the perfect size and offset aswell, ET38 & 4x100PCD

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 13:20]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 09 October 2004 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chicks that drive mr2's = mighty fine........ Laughing
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 October 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn those maglites are awesome.... ive just got 'gay' looking lightwieght ones i got from tempe for cheap hehe how much were the enkeis?
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 October 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those maglites are TOUGH. So few people have 4 spoke rims as well. I would love a set. Sigh. Other things need doing first..
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 October 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just did a quick photoshop (with Jasc PSP). Man Im getting excited!

http://img47.exs.cx/img47/9896/mike-1989-aw11-1.jpg

DAMN! THATS HOT! Make it cooler! Good God!

This what Im running at the moment
http://www.tg-yokosuka.com/img16-15/bbs_rg.jpg
BBS RG's 15x6.5

according to http://www.wheelweights.net/ they only weigh 9 pounds each and they were only released in Japan. They came with my import. W00t! I wish mine still looked that good!

What should I use to get a little surface corrosion of my rims??

[Updated on: Sun, 10 October 2004 05:27]

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 October 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where can ya buy those MAGLITES... i would SNAP a set up.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 October 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bling Very Happy
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 October 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was wondering if anyone could tell me what the oz record is for
GZE aw11 in GZE chassis....... and just the overall record for the s/c chassis is. I know ben (??) has the over all record (4agte in a n/a chassis). The overall record is some time off but i suspect i may be in the running for the S/C with S/C chassis record witha few tweaks.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 October 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry clown that title is mine Twisted Evil
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 October 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seems there are a few people building some good cars out there at the moment. Those records could change very quickly..... Rolling Eyes

You seem pretty sure about yourself there old mr2 Laughing

[Updated on: Sun, 10 October 2004 10:26]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 October 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car is yet to be run, so you might be talking a little to soon....... care to post ya time, that is unless your a little scared? Laughing
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 October 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sh!t my blue aw11sc seems to have busted a rear wheel bearing yesterday (metalic grinding noise and heat coming from passenger rear hub and it is not suspension or brakes). Crying or Very Sad
Have any of you guys done a rear wheel bearing?
I had a look today and I dont have the tools to do it myself as a few special tools are needed according to the guide i have so it looks like i have to take it to my mechanic.
Any ideas on price would be greatly appreciated Smile

Regards Neil.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 October 2004 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you're looking for maglites, give mx5mania a call.

http://www.mx5mania.com/wheels.htm
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 October 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha
I was only mucking around guys. The closest dragstrip is Western Sydney ID and its about 2.5 hours away. After a few more tweaks I will go down there. I wont hesitate to post my time slip.

I have to show my 13B ext port series III rx7 friend adrian that he sucks.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 October 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mx5 mania doesnt work..... i wanted to find out how much a set would cost me...
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 October 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alot of very nice aw11s here im jealous
i dont have any pics of mine but nuthin to brag about anyway. pretty bad condition hopefully i will respray it later. some monkey did a hit and run and left a big dent on rear driver panel i gotta fix aswell

i've seen those lenso wheels at bigO before. i guy a new had white ones on a new shape rolla aswell. not my type though

hopefully i'll post pic of my aw11 after i fix it up abit. i've always liked the xr6 type blue dunno what it look like on an aw11
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 October 2004 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've done a 14.1@95mph but mines an australian chassis... Crying or Very Sad

And 112.5rwkw
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 October 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its also a MAP gze isnt it benjamin?

I think clown is talking about SC chassis with original SC motor?

Am i right?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 October 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 10:39

damn those maglites are awesome.... ive just got 'gay' looking lightwieght ones i got from tempe for cheap hehe how much were the enkeis?

dont ask Smile

they will set you back around the $450 a piece here. i brough them in from japan so a bit cheaper.

they weigh bugger all though which is their biggest feature,.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 October 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah s/c from factory. and also the overall s/c chassis aswell.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 October 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 16:35

mx5 mania doesnt work..... i wanted to find out how much a set would cost me...

The link worked for me, 16x7, $215, 6.5kg
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 October 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on that page my wheels are the starcorp racing in 15x6.5 hah only wiegh 5 kilos.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 October 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ALSO, if anyone has any info on where i can get some mr2 gearboxes from... it would be great!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 October 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmm 6.5kg for the enkei RP01 16x7 Smile

spanktown: can ou pls post a pic of your wheels as they look like the ones that are on my 2 (finally on the boat). if they are the same *woop woop* light weight rims on both Smile

*argh* white rims on both to clean Sad

what do others think of white wheels ? im impressed with how clean the Rp-01's stay. my MOMO's on the celica seem to get heaps dirtier quicker then the enkei's. admittadly using different brake pads.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 04:06]

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 October 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RP-01's are awesome rims. I actually bought mine from a guy up Newcastle way for $400 the set, one had slight gutter rash.

I love the things but I'd like to find a pair in 16 or 17x8 for the back.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 October 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$400 the set !!!! bargain galore Smile

the RP-02's that have replaced them (RP-01 discontinued) are more then that EACH !!!
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 October 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I was pretty stoked with it. Apparently he'd been trying to sell them around the place in Newy for a few weeks then I saw them on the forums and bought them about 2 minutes after he listed them.
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 October 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow. awesome to see some many kick-ass aw11's out there. you nsw guys should join the mr2club and come fang through the country once a month or do super-sprints next year.... show all those SW20 poser's up Laughing

89 NA Aussie delivered Sunroof (Super Red) - Leaky unopened 235k's.
K&N Drop-in, TRD HT Leads, King Springs, KYB Shocks, TRD suspension rubbers. 15inch CSA Pursuits, Crap rubber, Kenwood CD Player, 2x Sony XPlod 4in, 2xPioneer 6in, Sony 222w Amp, 10in Pioneer Sub. Custom 2.25 in cat-back.

86 SC JDM T-top (Super White) - 114k's currently broken Sad
APEXi Intake, TRD Springs and Shocks, Platinum Plugs, 2xEnkie & 2xBBS 15in ET20 rims, Crap Rubber. Erebuni 4-piece bodykit. Tanabe Cat-back.

Will try post some pics!

PS... Toof... I want your white Buddy Club P1's... IMO the best rims for any AW11.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 October 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ones on the grey one ? i dont even know what they are yet lol Smile i havent seen the car Sad

but its set sail and will be here soon. im busting to get it Smile
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 October 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah.. the ones on the grey one... 15x7 28 offset... absolutely perfect to keep your AW11 handling properly... and 5.5kg each... drool.. I'm saving
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 October 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can get those starcorp ones from tempe tyres with rubber for 800 for the set... they look pretty shit, but only 5kgs! I used to have 17" white enkeis but i didnt like the scrubbing.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 October 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It did look mad though paddy! Very Happy
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 October 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 20:34

Its also a MAP gze isnt it benjamin?

I think clown is talking about SC chassis with original SC motor?

Am i right?

yeah MAP. Im a cheater...
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 October 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ti did look mad, but a bit riceyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 October 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deep dish, deep dish!!!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 October 2004 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$800 for a set of 5.5kg rims with rubber !!! thats cheap as. id expect to pay that much for 2 rims and $200 a corner for rubber.

sure they arnt knock off's ?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 October 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they arent knock offs, they are pretty ugly, with shitty rubber... I had no cash at the time.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 October 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair nuff. even if they came with no rubber. $200 per rim is pretty cheap for such light weight rims. ugly or not.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 October 2004 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats a set of TRD leads worth??? Boosted needs a service!!
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 October 2004 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnecor all the way.

7mm set for 4AGZE is A$125 plus freight

distributed thru thundercords (http://www.magnecor.com.au)

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 20:07]

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys i got my box changed over by my mechanic, and i had the same problem, turns out it was the shifter cables........ so i need the shifter cables ASAP, does anyone know where i can buy a set? also i think i scored an LSD box for 300....
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a spare set of shifter cables in the shed, I'll have a look at them tonight.

Does this mean you've got a spare LSD box??
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, i dont think so... the one that was put in if i turn the wheel, the both turn the same way... BUT i didnt change my shafts... i thought the LSD ones were different? If those cables are from a SC mr2 and are in good condition ill snap em up ASAP!
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the mr2 LSD uses the same shafts as the NA, I didn't hear anything about the different shafts until I started looking into Corola 'boxes..
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh ok, yeah it had a SC box in it to start with, so maybe they are the same...

its shitting me off if the cables dont fix this problem, its like a nightmare.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know if the aussie cables are the same as the jap Supercharged cables?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, aussie ones are shorter than the SC ones. This is becoming the biggest mission in the world... Toyota has them in japan but they are 370+ per cable!!!!!!!!! I cant find any at SSS and about 5 other wreckers. Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the cables and where i could find them so i could possibly get new inners made? Neutral haha i feel like shooting someone
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine are SC cables out of my rearcut.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where abouts are you? if you have them you are a freeeeeeekin life saver! Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing ill PM you with my mobile phone #
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Thu, 14 October 2004 06:04

magnecor all the way.

7mm set for 4AGZE is A$125 plus freight

distributed thru thundercords (http://www.magnecor.com.au)

i have a set of magnecor 8mm in my car. took them under an hr to make. first time installed it wasnt perfect fit coz the boot where it seals the water didnt really contact the rocker cover so water can get it.
then after 3rd time changing sparkplugs it decided to slide apart whe=ile i was taking the leads out

so yeah not very good first impression
think im gonna just clean up my old leads, check the condition and put them back in
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Number one: I hope those shifter cables are the same otherwise im in trouble. i hooked all mine up and they seem ok? im sure i will find out soon enuff though!

Number two: i just had some 8mm top gun leads custom made. try them.

Im still worried about those shifter cables Confused
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apparently it moves the shift further forward... the guy at SSS said they wouldnt work... but i think they can
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 14 October 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
My NA and SC driveshafts are different... the NA has 2 sort of hollows in the metal block that is in the joint closest to the gearbox. The SC is just a solid round bit of metal and seems to not be as long. sorry for teh non-technical terminology. i need my bgb... at a different pc atm. that being said i have a post in the parts wanted section seeking an sc driveshaft for drivers side.. the long one!

regs adams
Pages (84): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:03:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.022692203521729 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.