Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 December 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK.........I was having a look at those model cars that davedave posted and i have decided that i want the bodykit off the black one Very Happy I can only imagine that it isnt a real kit as the wing is 3 times higher than the car but i still think it looks the bomb!! I think the whole wide bodykit look is mad and if i found the right one i would buy it.

So.....My question to you all is what kits are out there for our cars?

The only one i know about is the one at carmate but ive been told of its crappyness so i want to know what else is out there?

Yeah it is german but i have seen a lot of computer nerds that use it Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 08 December 2004 04:50]

Send a private message to this user    
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 December 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe, I reckon it would look tops wide bodied with no wing.

For the record though, I'm usually against wingless and think the standard body kit is the bomb!

http://www.mr2sc.com/websites/Reference/MKI%20Models/mr2%20345%20model.jpg
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 December 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bling!
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 December 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats the one Very Happy

I love that kit!! I want it so bad Laughing

I found a place that sells side scoops for our cars. Fiberglass, looks ok. i 'll try to get a pic up.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 December 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fat, for a kit like that you would be best to build yourself. a body shop would need both your balls before they even started a mold.
what sort style side scoop you after?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 December 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm after a scoop like the sw20 one. The toms snorkel.

Found this place that sells them. I'll send you a pic.

I'd like to get one for either side Very Happy i think it would look good but they only make it for the left side.

I have found the kit i want and am in the process of sourcing one. Maybe they can get me a snorkel for both sides too Rolling Eyes
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 December 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know where there is a kinda mold for this one...

*edit* i'll upload it to a better site. grr

[Updated on: Wed, 08 December 2004 21:53]

mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 December 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was only meant to come out wsid to watch today but was curious to see if my nevo was worth it so took it for a fang down the strip

results: 60' - 1.993
ET - 14.708
MPH/KPH - 93.23/150.04

note that it was quite hot tonight, temp was 23 compare to 13 last time i ran, and humidity was 87 compare to 35

conclusion: i reckon nevo did a bit, even though it didnt feel it. on a 13*C night i reckon i be able to pull mid 14s. and these 185/60/14 g grid are awesome for 90 bucks each
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 December 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There should be a pretty big difference, boost leak maybe?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 December 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as soon as i installed my nevo i felt a big difference just driving a little on boost going up the street.... this was with stock exhaust and a pod..
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 December 2004 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doubt theres leak, vacuum guage reads about 19 inchHG, thats normal right?

as i said it was pretty hot and humid night, last time i ran i was freezing with jackot on. that would have made big difference, especially with the crappy stock i/c probably getting heatsoaked after 1 hr driving from work to the strip anyway

will be dynoed soon to see difference, and getting the timing tuned aswell, then out to wsid again. any nevo equiped aw11s want to give me a run for comparison?

maybe i forgot to install the nevo sticker that came with the package, should give me few more horses Laughing
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 08 December 2004 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oi feral be sure to drop in at Newcastle on your way to sydney, catch up with me and Miss Mr2 and toof (who should have his import by then)

mk1sc is your belt done up real tight? if it isnt it could be slipping at high rpm. But that cant be right you probably wouldnt see anywhere near 10PSI.

they run 15.0 from factory. To only gain .3 with a Nevo on sounds a little suspect

What intake are you running? Boot or engine bay mounted? A big pod and fat piping helds you find those missing PSI's.

I gained 1.5PSI putting on my filter ( i previously had just the pipe with some cloth clamped over it, I know, shoot me)

Also take off you intercooler and flush it out with thinners (thanks feral) I gained 1PSI
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 09 December 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 08:33

Oi feral be sure to drop in at Newcastle on your way to sydney, catch up with me and Miss Mr2 and toof (who should have his import by then)

HA, if it has even left Japan by then Mad
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 09 December 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dont forget me OldMR2... I'm in Newcastle too now.
Seems it's a bit hard to crack into this clicky Newwie AW11 crew... jus kidding! I wanna meet the Feral too.
Who is gonna organise the unofficial Feral run. I vote Wollombi.
OldMR2, did you end up using those eyelashes I got you from JP. Ha, I still have a spare set since then.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 09 December 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc, my vacum reads at 21 when idling, so it would suggest you do have a leak!
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 09 December 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine sits on around 20.... but i don't trust my autometer guage!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 09 December 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for those i dont get to meet on the way over i'll make sure i endevour to meet on the way back. Smile

i still have lots of planning and stuff to do, and those of you that know me through chat etc. know it takes me a little bit to get stuff done... haha
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 09 December 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you mean a few tins feral... Rolling Eyes
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 09 December 2004 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Wed, 08 December 2004 22:31

i know where there is a kinda mold for this one...

*edit* i'll upload it to a better site. grr

is that the one you made?
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 09 December 2004 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 14:26

Hey dont forget me OldMR2... I'm in Newcastle too now.
Seems it's a bit hard to crack into this clicky Newwie AW11 crew... jus kidding! I wanna meet the Feral too.
OldMR2, did you end up using those eyelashes I got you from JP. Ha, I still have a spare set since then.

Yeah mate Ive still got them. But im lazy and I havent sprayed them and put 'em on.
What suburb you in? Still got your SC? lets line 'em up for a run!

QUESTION TO ALL WITH A JDM SC
who does your insurance? How much for full comprehensive?

Im with NRMA and my vehicle is only insured as an NA. I told them that it was imported and SC'ed but all that came up in their computer was AW11 NA 1.6L

I am a little worried that if something does happen 'Mr NRMA' will not payout because its an SC. Even though I explained this to the woman at the office.

I phoned NRMA and said how I was worried about this. They said if I could provide documents or manuals or photo's to prove it is a factory SC'ed car they would insure it as one. Should I go ahead and do this or leave it insured as NA?

Comments please...

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2004 20:01]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 09 December 2004 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tins?

old_mr2, i was 28 (i think) when i did my s/c conversion and i had a good insurance record. i could not get insured with RAC, AIMMI, SUNCORP etc. i ended up getting insurance through Torque Underwriters, problem is it had to be insured as a show car and had stupid restrictions (which i never did anyways, haah) cost me $690 a year for $15,000 full comp.
i explained that it was a 'factory option engine' to the other insurance companies but that fell on death ears.
being that your car came with the 4agze you might be ok... Confused
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 09 December 2004 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 14:26

up for a bit of Putty Rd action eh ?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 09 December 2004 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just remember guy's, i wont be able to afford to break this already flogged the shit out of 4agte.. or break anything else for that matter... Shocked

adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 10 December 2004 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Old MR2...
NRMA wont touch any imports. Shannons is really the only way to go and they are very reasonable with rates. I had both my SC and NA insured for $165 a month with a 65%NCB and I'm 33. The SC by itself was $105 per month.
I had troubles with my NA when I made a claim through NRMA )and that it Aus delivered). They tried to claim that it was illegally lowered. had to fight for ages to get them to pay out $1600 miserable dollars.
I would advise ditching NRMA ASAP.
I'm still living on the Central Coast but working every day now in Wickham.
My SC is broken ATM... but thanks to Feral I now have a 'non-bent' Axle hub... (Thanks for the bonus ball joint feral!)... so the SC will be back badder than ever soon.
I have seen the posts about boost with the SC.
My cheapo 'Speco' gauge reads -16 at idle and always hits 10-11 psi under full boost. Engine is stock as a rock with an Apexi drop in filter in the factory airbox and Tanabe exhaust.
Guys I would suggest if you are low on boost figures to totally drain and refill your charger unit with fresh oil.
I gained about 3psi when I did this to my import.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 10 December 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have my NA insured with GIO, the thing I found funniest was when I signed up she said "their records show the 88 MR2 came with differant engines, is it a 1.6L petrol, 1.6L supercharged or 1.6L turbocharged"

I found the turbo funny cause they never came factory turbo. Rolling Eyes
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 10 December 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Insurance, hmmmmmmmm.............

I hate all the companies but i managed to get full comprehensive with shannons for $1800 a year. And thats for a 4agte mr2. Not bad considering my age and all that.

Could be cheaper though Rolling Eyes
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 10 December 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
insurance company's can licka dick for screwing me around.......... Im with Just cars for the mr2, and being stooged by AAMI with the subaru
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 10 December 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why is it that no matter how old you get the age you need to be for cheaper insurance is always about 5 years ahead of you????? Mad

Bastards!!!!!!!
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 10 December 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, for insurance try being a 20y/o female trying to insure even an NA AW11. I pay 1500 for full comprehensive (with no mods) through GIO. That, however, is based on TooF and not me.

Shannons wont touch either of us as we are both under 25, but i think that this year we will go with Virgil.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 10 December 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Fri, 10 December 2004 18:10

insurance company's can licka dick for screwing me around.......... Im with Just cars for the mr2, and being stooged by AAMI with the subaru

Just Car prettey much is aami
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 10 December 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went to an Insurance broker and let him do the hard work.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 10 December 2004 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad
Rained pretty hard for the first time in a while, my targa top wasdripping a tiny bit on one side, i parked it, stayed inside for a while, came out.... WET FUCKING SEAT ARSE FUCKERR!! ill have to try and fix them again. They didnt leak for like 3 months.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 10 December 2004 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vigil don't touch anyone under 25 either aparently. My liberty's been insured through AAMI since i was 16 (im 22 in feb) when i went to check out what rating I was on so i could find out to insure the mr2 they politly told me "we're sorry...... you don't have a rating........ Please bend over so we can F@#$ you up the arse!"
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 11 December 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"miss mr2" toof rang up Virgil and they said that they would insure both him and me, third party property for about 300. So, im going to see what they can do for me for comprehensive.

Side note: anyone from sydney way going on the toymods cruise on Sunday 19th?

[Updated on: Sat, 11 December 2004 00:20]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 11 December 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Sat, 11 December 2004 11:19

Side note: anyone from sydney way going on the toymods cruise on Sunday 19th?

Is that a newcastle cruise? Cause there isnt anything about it in the events section?

Is anyone going to the monthly meeting on the 20th? If my car is back i might pop in Rolling Eyes

Also, will anyone be going in the dyno day in jan????
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 11 December 2004 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will have had the mr2 insured for a year early next month. will be interested what they do with my rating etc. Might have to ring around a few insurance companies again to see what i can get it for.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 12 December 2004 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, it is the Toymod's official cruise on the 19th (its a sticky) We will be there since we will be in Sydney anyway and it ends up near we want to be at the end too.

But the little beast wont be there, we are taking the celica down for someone to have a look at (crosses fingers)
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 12 December 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, found it Smile

Man, if my car is ready i'd love to go to that.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 12 December 2004 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Fri, 10 December 2004 13:51

Guys I would suggest if you are low on boost figures to totally drain and refill your charger unit with fresh oil.
I gained about 3psi when I did this to my import.

Hey I checked the oil in my SC and it appears to be nice and clear (and smelly) Does this mean that the oil doesnt need changing. My cars mileage is approaching 100 000klms

I would love an extra PSI or two. Anyone got a part number for the oil (toyota) and is there a cheaper brand?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 12 December 2004 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the toyota oil smells very much like a Lanolin based oil to me. (smells like sheep oil).
i always used Mobil 1 5w(what ever it was), other people seem to use Syntrax gear oil.

not really sure how changing the oil will give you more boost. but hey, if it works for ya go for it. Smile
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 12 December 2004 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where abouts is the SC Drain plug? Is it on the pulley side or the dipstick side?

Anyone got any tips on changing the oil?
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 12 December 2004 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dipstick side, I can guarantee that it wind up dripping all over something (Toyota seem to like doing that..)
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 12 December 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I should have defined... The SC oil level was LOW... actually topping it up to it's correct level regained the boost. But at the time I totally drained and refilled. It wasn't just change but a top up that did it!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 13 December 2004 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stick ya head underneathe and you'll see it. i always used a big syringe and some small plastic tubing to fill it.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 13 December 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Mon, 13 December 2004 08:11

the toyota oil smells very much like a Lanolin based oil to me. (smells like sheep oil).
i always used Mobil 1 5w(what ever it was), other people seem to use Syntrax gear oil.

not really sure how changing the oil will give you more boost. but hey, if it works for ya go for it. Smile

i use fuchs 0w-20 in mine
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 13 December 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats about the only Fuchs oil i havnt sold at work yet.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 13 December 2004 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 00:12

thats about the only Fuchs oil i havnt sold at work yet.

its like water martin donnan used it in his soarer and gain a few kw at the wheels
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 13 December 2004 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*chuckle* fuches oil.. there is a workshop in newcastle, Lambton for the locals that has a "One Stop" followed by a Fuches logo. i always read it as "One Stop Fu*ks"

eheheh Razz
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 13 December 2004 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i tell the customers at work it's chooks not ducks. Laughing
MrJoo
Regular

May 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 14 December 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys Im with Torque insurance, 28 years old rating 2
paying $677 Full Comprehensive..insured for 10k
might wanna check em out. And yep, told them it was a 1989 Imported Supercharged Aw11 Targa..

Ta

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2004 07:29]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 14 December 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was with Torque for 3 years until they lowered the value of my car in my renewal with-out letting me know in advance. only way i could get it insured for what i wanted was to get a evaluation done. even then they still would not insure the stereo for anymore than $1500 and had to be insured as a show car with silly restrictions.
they were prity good to deal with though, and it is worth checking them out.
but i have heard better things about Shannons and Just Cars.

p.s. to all you guy's waiting to see my in Feb, dont hold your breath just yet as things have gone a bit crazy up here and my trip is looking a little daunting.. Mad Crying or Very Sad
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 14 December 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hope everything falls back in to place for you mate, would be tops to have you come through our little town, even if it is later on in the year.

Or maybe we could organise an mr2 run all the way up the coast, now how cool would that be Very Happy
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 14 December 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmmmmmmmmm............ A cruize up the coast? That would be pretty cool.

But i dont want to have to drive slow just so spanktown can catch up Twisted Evil
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 14 December 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, if i have to go later on it the year then so be it. grrr
but i AM driving the feral to WA!!!! one way or another.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 14 December 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rofl fat.... ive got some suprises in store for you... you just wait till next week.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 14 December 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit, didnt you get that e-mail i sent? i wont get that Nos kit in stock for another week yet man. Sad
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 December 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be surprised if your car doesnt fall apart spankman Laughing
Should i start getting worried now, or should i wait?

My car went to SAS today Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Front mount turned out really well, as did the oil catch can and inlet pipe.
I hope to god its done for friday Confused

Are you getting the NOS are you feral? Niiiiice Very Happy What size kit you getting (hp) ?
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 December 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail. asp?id=19657062

The new member to my car family im going to pick it up on the weekend with my dad.
Not to sure if any works been done to it yet ill find out when i have a look Smile
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 December 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF is with that paint job Shocked

otherwise, nice car Very Happy
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 December 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Quote:

Are you getting the NOS are you feral? Very Happy Niiiiice What size kit you getting (hp) ?

not mine, the one spanktown ordered so he could kick your ass... Razz
and it's only cause he wanted the 2 big ones that it is taking so long.

Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 15 December 2004 14:11]

Pages (84): [ «  <  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:12:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.017103910446167 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.