Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 December 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

2 fast 2 spanktown!

I live my life a quarter mile at a time!

ROFL Laughing Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 December 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're just worried that you'll be eating spank's dust... Shocked

I think a 4agte running nawwwss will even give my 3sgte a good spanking
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 December 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha feral, classic Surprised

nah, you will find out next week what i get... Ill let you know how my new suspension setup handles with a blatt down from newcastle on the weekend.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 December 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Thu, 16 December 2004 15:19

You're just worried that you'll be eating spank's dust... Shocked

I can assure you, im not worried about anyone beating me. Even a 3sgte mr2 Cool
General_Bupkiss
Regular

August 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 17 December 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you guys know if I can fit a black top 20v 6 speed gearbox with lsd to an aw11???
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 17 December 2004 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was a thread http://www.mr2oc.com/index.php?s= <-- on there about that question. Sign up and do a search. Cool
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 17 December 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
General_Bupkiss wrote on Fri, 17 December 2004 15:16

do you guys know if I can fit a black top 20v 6 speed gearbox with lsd to an aw11???

The 20v will fit fine the only problem i can see is the extra gear on the gearbox getting in the way of the chassis. My friend is putting a new celica gearbox into his corolla and the length on the gearbox is about 2 inches more than the 5 spd.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 17 December 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have some pictures of such a conversion.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 December 2004 10:51]

old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 17 December 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Thu, 16 December 2004 16:24

haha feral, classic Surprised

nah, you will find out next week what i get... Ill let you know how my new suspension setup handles with a blatt down from newcastle on the weekend.

will you be in newcastle this weekend mate? Lets meet up I wanna see GTE!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 18 December 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you guy's wait til i get pic's up tonight of what i started on today.... Shocked

my mate dropped his s/c off at 6.30 this morning Mad and asked if i could fit all this stuff in it. what a mission. Confused

oh well, back to it. Smile
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 18 December 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok after much swearing and cursing the 2 has had a coolant change...

but.... i cant for the life of me find the bloody block drain point. the manual specifially shows it to the left and up of the oil filter... i cant even see the stupid thing netherlone undo it. after much feeling around, swearing a banged head and several grazed knuckles i simply felt the block didnt really want to be fully drained.

anyone have any input to where on earth the drain point is ?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 18 December 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
since i've owned the feral and all the coolant changes i've given it, i have never once drained from the block valve.
all i do is reverse it up on some ramps and open the radiator drain vavle to drain the system, refil with water and drain again.
it also makes it sooo much eaiser when it's up on ramps to refill with-out any dramas of getting air in the system.

well here are a couple pics of what my mate left me this morning to put into his 2...
http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/feralcakiegear1.jpg
http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/feralcakiegear2.jpg

hopefully i'll have the sub enclosure done by tomorow arvo and amp/s wired up so i can make a little noise. he wants to go into competition so i'll have to remember how to do it proper.. Shocked
and seeing i didnt get home til 3 this morning i am not doing any work tonight at all. Razz
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 18 December 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice looking setup!
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 18 December 2004 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmmmmmmm wicked
I've got 2 X 12" subs and clarion speakers running off 2 alpine v12 amps in the subaru, so a similiar setup in an aw11 would be defening (it is in the subaru).
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 18 December 2004 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clown, 2 12's are deafening in a aw11 when you crank it... Evil or Very Mad i spose if they where in the cab with you it might be even better. haha

it'll be interesting to hear what this new slim line 12" sounds like (only 4" deep). the box is being a right pain in the ass though, it's not working out how i wanted it to.. grrr
(or maybe it's just been too long since i did this sort of thing). Rolling Eyes
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 18 December 2004 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sub looks pretty impressive! i may have to buy one to put in the cabin behind one of the seats Rolling Eyes

At only 4 inches thick it wouldnt need too much space and im sure a box could be made to fit it in there.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 19 December 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damnit, i'd given up on a bassy setup in the mr2 till i saw that pic again!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 19 December 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indeed it is a good looking sub, the front is kinda ordinary but the rear is awesome.
because of the way i want to fire the sub, the box is a hard one that i hope works Confused . it has a seperate enclosure for the smaller 4 channel amp built on to it and so far looks wierd. Surprised getting the right space inside is tricky, the sub uses about .9 cubic feet.

i still need to build an enclosure behind the drivers seat for that massive 2 channel amp, which will be the one running the sub.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 19 December 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 19:31

ok after much swearing and cursing the 2 has had a coolant change...

but.... i cant for the life of me find the bloody block drain point. the manual specifially shows it to the left and up of the oil filter... i cant even see the stupid thing netherlone undo it. after much feeling around, swearing a banged head and several grazed knuckles i simply felt the block didnt really want to be fully drained.

anyone have any input to where on earth the drain point is ?

Yeah I know where it is, you may need to unbolt your aircon compressor from the mountings to get to it. I just pulled mine off the other day to change the oilpressure sender and the drain plug is right beside that, in between the filter.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 19 December 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry old but i was in newy... I also think i saw your old two tone.. was driven by a brunette chick! going into merewether maccas.
had a problem with front springs.. gota get them put in on wednesday and rear sway... but fuck the new koni adjustables are feeling farking awesome
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 19 December 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About time you got that suspension in there spank!

So.......You pick up the rest of your STUFF yet Rolling Eyes
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 19 December 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sun, 19 December 2004 20:53

sorry old but i was in newy... I also think i saw your old two tone.. was driven by a brunette chick! going into merewether maccas.
had a problem with front springs.. gota get them put in on wednesday and rear sway... but fuck the new koni adjustables are feeling farking awesome

Cool bro. hehe theres no Maccas in Merewether. It would have been the infamous "king street" Maccas in Newcastle West. Local ricer hangout. Tell me nextime your up I want a ride in GTE!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 19 December 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral's wierd sub box design #568.32

http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/feralcakiesubin1.jpg
http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/feralcakiesubin2.jpg
http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/feralcakieamps1.jpg

that sub goes off.. Evil or Very Mad
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 19 December 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found some AWESOME AW11 GTE vids on mr2oc.com.

Brent Picasso
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=136411
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=136423
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=136432

Scott ?
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=136442
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=136443
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=136445

Enjoy!!!!!!!

BTW nice sub box feral

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 19 December 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah havent got the rest of the parts yet... will be on tuesday lunchtime. Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 19 December 2004 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey feral, now that youve put the box there how far back will the seat go?
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I went to the audio shop and asked how do I upgrade my sound system on a 2 the guy said....
"Well mate, you go get a towbar installed, buy a box trailer and put the speakers in that."
Ha ha It was a crack up...
But since managed to squeeze 2 10in Subs into the boot and custom centre console to hold 2x6in. Sound is really good cept for the engine lid vibrations...
Feral... had any experience in getting rid of sub vibes in the engine lid... in the metal NA lid.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fat, i put it on the drivers side to see where the seat would be and when the seat is up against it, it's exactly where i have mine to drive.
the owner is taller than me though. his g/f is much shorter so she is fine for leg room on the passengers side (the owner still sits on the pass side comfortably, just not legs streched right out).

adamb131, you put subs in the rear boot?
as for engine lid vibrations, get some natural cure silastic and run it around where the underside braces meet the top section. see if that works.

Quote:

When I went to the audio shop and asked how do I upgrade my sound system on a 2 the guy said....
"Well mate, you go get a towbar installed, buy a box trailer and put the speakers in that."

the guy obviously had inability in his job.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah fat, because of how i have the sub loading against the fire wall and slot porting it the box sticks out further (there'll be a pespex window to see the rear of the sub). if you made a normal box so the cone faces the rear of the seat you could make a much slimmer box and just build it up the fire wall to get the inside dimensions needed.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool Smile
Thats what i thought i might do to mine.
i used to have my amp and that behind my seat but i couldnt get my seat back far enough so thats why i had to move it. But i think i can build a nice box to fit the pas. side with one of those subs Rolling Eyes
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 00:08

I found some AWESOME AW11 GTE vids on mr2oc.com.

Brent Picasso
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=136411
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=136423
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=136432

Scott ?
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=136442
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=136443
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=136445

Enjoy!!!!!!!

BTW nice sub box feral

Oh yeah, these movies are mad! The 4agte sounds soooo good.

Mines coming Feral Very Happy its only a matter of days!
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure how many of you out there have big power 4agte's but i was just wondering if any of you have had problems with your breaks not being up to the task? If so, what sort of breaks are you using and how easy are they to fit?

I was given a price a while back for sw20 front end break conversion but i cant remember exactly how much it was Rolling Eyes

Im just not sure my breaks will b enough.........?
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice install looking good there feral, just one question though how are you going to install the 6.5". i seen your site and it seems like a big job. have to lengthen all the wiring to the power window module and move it away, cut the service hole bigger, and build out f/g pods. i havent the tools to do all this is there an easier way? i've always had strong upfront midbass on all my previous car and 4" in stock location isnt going to do it for me
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get some good pads

however I read GT4 celica calipers bolt straight on (with a little cutting of the dust shield) I dont know about the discs though.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey there fellow aw11 owner, what do you recommend for an exhaust system? does it improve performance? im planning on keeping the exhaust manifold as i heard they are already good design and replace the rest. want to keep it simple and cheap

so basically im going to walk into my local exhaust shop either 'tuffy mufflers' or 'hi tech' and what do i ask for?
sports cat? sports muffler? 2.5"? mild steel? mandrel bent?

will the new muffler be as big as the stock one? should i have the exhaust system bend around like the stock system or just straight back? how much am i expecting so i dont get ripped off

lastly and importantly i want it quiet. this main reason have put me back when wanting to get one, but i want bit more performance and racing feel to driving experience. how do i get it quiet?

thanks

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup ST185RC calipers will bolt on to not onlt the existing mounts but also use the standard rotors (87+) no probs.

note this is the ST185RC (Group A) twin piston numbers the single piston units use a larger rotor and require a different rotor to the standard mr2 front units.

these calipers also use the standard pads for the ST185 single piston calipers and hence arnt too hard to get your hands on.

only modification required to fit the twin piston brakes on is cut out about an inch off the dust shield and it works tops.

only problem i can see with them is they can produce a bit of heat and kill rotors they are designed to go on a thinker rotor then the aw11 ones they have warped the rotors on ours in a matter on months but i would imagine some slotted units would sort that problem out. also keeping in mind these rotors were quite old when the new calipers were installed.

and you will have the remove either the caliper or the brake line to install pads as the standard brake line isnt long enough to allow you to swing the caliper open when it is installed.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_1187a.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_1172a.jpg
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 17:46

hey there fellow aw11 owner, what do you recommend for an exhaust system? does it improve performance? im planning on keeping the exhaust manifold as i heard they are already good design and replace the rest. want to keep it simple and cheap

Last time I spoke to Hi-Tec about getting a system for my AW11 from dump pipe back they were talking about $1200. I left fairly quickly.

The tuffy I went to in Epping wanted $500 to fit the extractors I took to them. That was after they figured out that the engine was not in the front. Needless to say I got out of there ASAP.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks toof Surprised

I might do that. There are a few places around my area i can look at getting these from. Hopefully they wont cost me a small fortune.....?
And from what i understand i can get some slotted rotors for my car for around $208 a piece.

I'd say that should be more than enough to stop my car.

Oh i forgot to ask.....Will they fit under the standard rims??

Hey josh, how is your car going?

[Updated on: Mon, 20 December 2004 11:11]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fat, all i be doing for my brakes is getting slotted rotors (fronts need replaceing anyways) and good pads. i would prefer to beef up the rear brakes more.
i gotta pull off my brake master and get it rebuilt asap before i do anything.. Mad (unless someone has a 2nd habd unit in good condition?)

mk1sc, no need to lengthen the pwr window module wires at all, just move it aside and cable tie it to the wiring harness in the door. and when building a pod set-up no need to cut the hole bigger either unless you got massively deep speakers.
i have started on these copies of my door pocket/pods, i still want to build out the pod so the speaker is on axis and then make another mold of them.
http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/feraldoorpods1.jpg
i will be making more of these next year sometime.

Quote:

how do i get it quiet?

make sure it has a good cat, no turbo muffler and IMO not 2.5".

mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey there feral, so for this install you actually going to sit the speakers on the pod as oppose to bolting them directly to the door like your own install? do you think you can make an extra pair of them pods your making and send them down to sydney? will pay you for it. its just a job like this will cost about $500 from a pro and im not going to spend that much on an audio install when i dont even listen to much music anyways.

yeah i quickly had a look ages ago behind my door and those wires from the pwr window module is very short, i couldnt move it around too much, but if you say it can be done should be ok.

so i shouldnt be getting 2.5" ? i thought standard exhaust was already 2-2.25" i want the end to be similar to the standard one, dual exhaust tip. any performance different to getting 2.25 compare to 2.5 ?
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats correct, the speakers will be mounted on a mdf base in the door pod on axis.
Quote:

do you think you can make an extra pair of them pods your making and send them down to sydney?

as i said above i will be making more next year sometime.

Quote:

so i shouldnt be getting 2.5" ? i thought standard exhaust was already 2-2.25" i want the end to be similar to the standard one, dual exhaust tip. any performance different to getting 2.25 compare to 2.5 ?

you said you didnt want it loud. i had a 2.5" system, hi flow cat and twin exit turbo muffler and it was too damn loud. (bearable but loud).

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 23:42

any performance different to getting 2.25 compare to 2.5 ?

Correct me if im wrong but isnt it the bigger the better performance wise?
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you a shift worker fatmr2?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 04:13

you a shift worker fatmr2?

Laughing

Nah man. Im on holidays. Got some bad sunburn and couldnt sleep Mad
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Toof, do you know if you can put those calipers on the rear of an aw11 as well? or would you use the st185 rear calipers if they fit?

Either way that would be a really nice conversion, twin piston calipers with slotted rotors all round Rolling Eyes

I just need conformation on those breaks fitting under stock 14in rims....?
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, those calipiers fit under the stocker rims. We havent done anything to the backs yet- the first thing that needs doing is some slotted numbers up the front(the old ones warped under the heat).
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss MR2 wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 08:57

Yes, those calipiers fit under the stocker rims.

SWEET Very Happy

Just rang up for a price.....$300

Add $416 for two slotted rotors and there you have it........

$716 for a break upgrade Very Happy

How could you not be happy with that?
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The backs are a lot harder than the front.
I think the conversion to do at the moment, is mk2 rear calipers (1993+) on VW corrado discs (G60 1989). But check out http://www.mr2mk1club.com/Bigbrakes.html, it has all of the info.

I'm just going to stick to removing the brake proportioning valve to give the backs a bit more juice. Apparently this works a treat, with the front still locking up before the back but as a whole, pulling up a heap quicker.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 09:37

How could you not be happy with that?

You could be even happier if someone on the forums had em for $50
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=52960&start=0&rid=3884&S=707b844c3c2 3d51a91bb4df380ef939a

or failing that, $200
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=52372&start=0&rid=3884&S=707b844c3c2 3d51a91bb4df380ef939a

Don't know either of these blokes thoug, or if they're actually single or twin piston variety.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 20 December 2004 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very true Smile

That price was from sss so i know i could get them cheaper. I just figured that would be my worst case price. Still not too bad if you consider some of the prices for big break kits out there Rolling Eyes
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 21 December 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 22:08

Hey josh, how is your car going?

At the moment it's not. The 3S will be going in to get a bottom end rebuild with Eagle rods and Arias forgies etc in early January. Then I guess the hunt for power begins.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 21 December 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats mad Very Happy

i'd love to see your car man. i wanted to come down last night and meet up with you guys but i just didnt have time. Next time i guess.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 21 December 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate I'm very much looking forward to seeing yours as well. Are you planning on bringing it to the Dyno day in January? Mind you I guess you'll have a fair idea what it'll make anyway. I assume you're getting Dave at SAS to tune it for you.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 21 December 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, its been there since last wednesday. I need it back badly too. i was supposed to go away but thats been stuffed up cause they havent finished it yet.
Im not sure about the dyno day? i may not have it run in and reprogrammed by then?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 21 December 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey fat ST165 gt4 caliper will also fit on the fronts (and all ST165 fronts are twin piston) straight bolt up. the ST162 and AW11 actually have the exact same front brake calpiers, and all 3 cars have the same disc sizes, the only thing is the celi is 5 stud. bummer cause I have a mad set of ST165 discs here which have massive venting compared to the standard celi disc. ohh well.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 21 December 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
urgentrly needed rear swaybar linkages............. AND does anyone if if the SC import aw11 came with a rear swaybar cause mine doesnt have one.... I need the linkages for my new whiteline swaybar...
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 21 December 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got the st185rc calipers for $120 shipped Razz

as far as rotors id look for something other then the stock aw11 rotors even slotted. if you are buying new rotors id suggest something a shade thicker even if you have to get it machined down in diameter or redrilled studs as the thinner rotors i feel are too prone to overheating and warping. like i said earlier we warped the stock fronts in about a month after the new calipers went on.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 21 December 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 18:31

urgentrly needed rear swaybar linkages............. AND does anyone if if the SC import aw11 came with a rear swaybar cause mine doesnt have one.... I need the linkages for my new whiteline swaybar...

My halfcut had one?

Hey Toof,

Where did you get them from? Also, as you said with the rotors, dont you think they are thick enough? What else would fit? Im sure if i asked dba or B&R brakes if they have something the same size as the aw11 but thicker they could come up with something Rolling Eyes
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 21 December 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 17:45

hey fat ST165 gt4 caliper will also fit on the fronts (and all ST165 fronts are twin piston) straight bolt up. the ST162 and AW11 actually have the exact same front brake calpiers, and all 3 cars have the same disc sizes, the only thing is the celi is 5 stud. bummer cause I have a mad set of ST165 discs here which have massive venting compared to the standard celi disc. ohh well.

Thanks man, thats very handy to know Smile might be cheaper or easier to get these instead???

I love this thread Very Happy
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 21 December 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Spanktown wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 18:31

From what I understand early AW11's didn't have the rear sway bar. Maybe late 87/early 88 they were added. Feral will know this one for sure.

My 86 SC dont got one but the 89 NA has!
Pages (84): [ «  <  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:31:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.019591808319092 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.