Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 January 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you have a decent net connection, have a look at this 3sgte conversion (8MB)
http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/mr2faq_archive/mk1_5_ instructions_crawford.pdf

This is where I'm throwing mine. In a shroud in front of the gearbox, down low. I figure if I clock the turbo 180 degrees the output will be a small elbow away from my rx7 cooler.
  Send a private message to this user    
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 January 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 23:16

fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 20:23

I think it all comes down to the turbo. I should have put something bigger on it but everyone was like "it'll make 200rwkw"
For all you guys that said that....... Blow me!

cant you change the compressor housing for something bigger to get you the extra flow?

Whats the point? it would only increase a little bit. For the hassle of taking my turbo out i would rather just swap it. Shit, my engine was built to make so much more power i might as well use it the way it was intended.

In saying that.....It wont happen over night. I want to re do the manifold, dump pipe and all that while I'm at it too.

Give me till the end of the year Laughing Then you'll see a real mr2!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 January 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just buy a 400hp gt30 and u will make big power no worries

As for those i/c ideas ive seen the one in the boot b4 but i reckon the one mounted under the car would cop a hammering from stones, pot hole speed humps etc..

Never the less thanx.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 January 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks wicked though Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 January 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 19:03

just buy a 400hp gt30 and u will make big power no worries

I need one that will fit the manifold i have now.

Dont you worry, i might have a surprise for you all when i get my car back Very Happy
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 January 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after coping a flogging by the fully laden feral, the young owner of the s/c 2 now wants me to do a twincharge set-up for him... Shocked (i think he was pissed that the feral flogged his ass so much Very Happy )
anyways, i plan on mounting the i/c down in front of the gearbox. as the big mutha turbo he has will be where the i/c and battery was.

all still talk as of yet, but later in the year i will get it underway. been wanting to try out my twincharge ideas for ages.

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 January 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I pondered the twin charger set up before i started my car......
It would be good but IMO you would need to remake the plenum as the sc one is a little restrictive. Also, i would clean out all the shit you dont need so it makes for a much neater and less packed engine bay.

It would be pretty cool though. Just put a massive turbo on it and weeeeeeeeee!

HA HA Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 January 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it makes me cringe thinking about the stones hitting the fins..

Feral mount it in the boot who uses theirs anyways.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 January 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ever heard of grill mesh 4agte? i had a transmission oil cooler mounted down there for about 6 months, never had any damage on it.

Quote:

people that have gf's and/or like to travel further than the next suburd need all the space thy can get. Wink
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 January 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fat, having a big turbo in ya face when the engine lid is opened will take emphisis of everything else i think.

i look forward to trying this on the lads car, it'll have to wait til after i am back from my road trip and get a new place to live sorted out.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 January 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 22:53

ever heard of grill mesh 4agte? i had a transmission oil cooler mounted down there for about 6 months, never had any damage on it.

Quote:

people that have gf's and/or like to travel further than the next suburd need all the space thy can get. Wink

pfft girlfriends put them in the boot aswell Laughing
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 13 January 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMN YOU FERAL!!
I'd let my car be the guinea pig but your to far away Sad
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 14 January 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 22:55

fat, having a big turbo in ya face when the engine lid is opened will take emphisis of everything else i think.

You wouldnt see it! Tucked away behind the engine. you cant even see the one i have now.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 14 January 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fat, you must of misunderstood. open the engine lid on this twincharge when i get to do it, and you'll deffinatly see the big mutha turbo where the battery and i/c used to be.... Twisted Evil
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 14 January 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Fri, 14 January 2005 21:07

fat, you must of misunderstood. open the engine lid on this twincharge when i get to do it, and you'll deffinatly see the big mutha turbo where the battery and i/c used to be.... Twisted Evil

Oh, i see Embarassed

Still, mount it low behind the motor. It'll fit!
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 14 January 2005 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Feral man your giving me ideas again, idea's that i can't afford!!. Fuck i need to get a rich girlfriend Rolling Eyes
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 14 January 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sat, 15 January 2005 02:58

Fuck i need to get a rich girlfriend Rolling Eyes

i think we all need one of those... Laughing
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 14 January 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sat, 15 January 2005 03:58

Yeah, so do i Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 15 January 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss MR2 wrote on Sat, 15 January 2005 10:36

Yeah, so do i Laughing

Hhhhmmmmmmmm........... Rolling Eyes

Now that i'd like to see Laughing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 15 January 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss MR2 wrote on Sat, 15 January 2005 10:36

Yeah, so do i Laughing

*raises eyebrow*
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 15 January 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw another one of you newcastle boys cars today, parked in union street maybe? red with white enkies, EJ something was the plate. But now my suspension is completely in! woot woot. Handles crazy now.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 15 January 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sat, 15 January 2005 16:25

But now my suspension is completely in! woot woot. Handles crazy now.

Too bad you drive like a BIATCH! Twisted Evil
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 15 January 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would be me at work, im miss mr2's car Razz
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 15 January 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sat, 15 January 2005 16:25

i saw another one of you newcastle boys cars today, parked in union street maybe? red with white enkies, EJ something was the plate. But now my suspension is completely in! woot woot. Handles crazy now.

So the struts helped?
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 15 January 2005 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
while working on the 2 today i noticed 2 really annoying problems.

1. How do you guys cover the paint work when working in that awkward engine bay? I've seen the usual 2 things over the sides for front engine cars, but i find my self reaching over the spoiler and from the sides all the time, cant be doing much for the paint

2. I have a BHG Shocked i have been trying to work out if I've had one for a while, there is no water coming outa the exhaust, i have no loss of power, it runs great and no exhaust coming outa the radiator cap. But what i do get is tinny little bubbles enough to make the coolant throth a little. As i changed the coolant there was a small trace of oil in the bucket as i poured it out Sad

Obviously the solution to number 2 is money + time, but what about number 1?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 15 January 2005 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just throw a big cloth over the boot and rear quarters
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 16 January 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just stand or sit on the boot while working in the engine.

man i just put the air filter back into the boot, minimise the chance getting defected/fine again as cops usually dont look into boot. havent notice lose in power but im pretty sure should. still getting around 11psi. maybe goin to bring it to wsid this week see if it makes a difference. if my times goes up by a second or so im putting it back in the engine bay
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 16 January 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Sat, 15 January 2005 18:29

that would be me at work, im miss mr2's car Razz

Yeah, i let him drive her sometimes. Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 17 January 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you have had your gearbox's rebuilt and how much it cost?

Can anyone from Sydney recommend a place that is good?

Thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 17 January 2005 05:59]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 17 January 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh no, whats happened? Shocked
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 17 January 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he transplanted my motor into his car and it cracked under the pressure.... haha Surprised
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 January 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Went down the great ocean road over the weekend. I now need new tyres and pads Laughing Attempted a evening run but got stuck behind a bloody corolla that would pull over, and i had a M3 up my ass aswell, woulda been a bit of fun Jap and Euro busting it up the G.O.R.... Midnight runs are wicked.

I once had a rich g/f, people fucked that up and now we are good friends. She was gonna buy me my aw11 for my 21st aswell!.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 January 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://home.iprimus.com.au/subaru2/GORboosted.jpg

One of the pics that i took. (headlights were semi sleepy)
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 January 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

he transplanted my motor into his car and it cracked under the pressure.... haha

Laughing Now that would have to be the funniest shit on this forum!!!

You could only wish that your dodgy engine could come into contact with the fatness that is my mr2!

Well people, The verdict is in.....

My whole engine is gone. The bores are fucked, the head is gone and my cams are fucked!

Looks like its rebuild time Laughing

As for the box feral, i had some grinding in third and that so i figure since it'll be off the road for a while i'll get it rebuilt.

There is a lot in store for my mr2 over the next month or so.....

A lot of long nites in the garage Very Happy

Stay tuned for project mr2 part 2.......The search for more power

Sweet pic Clown Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 18 January 2005 08:02]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 January 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
taaa Very Happy Wish i got vid footage and had a car behind with a cam. Flames and shit everywhere Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 January 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » EOI: Complete turbo set up for AW11 mr2

Just incase any of you are interested?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 January 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope that means you are planning on putting a real turbo on the thing, not cutting your losses.

I want to see as many tough AW11's around as possible.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 January 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats a real turbo?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 January 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Something that will get you up over your power goal.

I reckon a nice little GT2835 would be the go if you can find a second hand one or maybe a 450HP rated GT30.

Don't worry dude I'm not trying to have a go at you, just agreeing that your original turbo choice may well not be big enough for your target.

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 January 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries Smile I think its the wrong turbo for me too!

I've pondered some of the larger turbos but i cant fit them in properly due to me still having the AC in the car. And NO, i wont take it out Laughing

I dont really want too much lag as you get with the bigger turbos, it wasnt supposed to be a dyno queen just a very quick street car Smile

And i will only change the turbo if i can get rid of my other one. I cant afford to just keep buying turbos and when im finished with them put them on the shelf and buy another.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 January 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went for a ride in Jasons KE20 on Sunday and while he has a massive turbo on that little 1800 8V engine, it comes on boost at around 4000rpm but I have to say it is the quickest street car I've been in for a hell of a long time.

Sure it has to be driven for it to make the power but that's cool, I kind of like the option of being able to drive off boost when you want to. Especially in my car, the 3S is quicker in my car off boost than the 4A was anyway.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 January 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of power are you making with the 3sgte?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 January 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing at the moment. It's sitting on the floor. However my 4A was a dog and only made around 55KW so it's not to hard to beat that.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 January 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 16:20

My whole engine is gone. The bores are fucked, the head is gone and my cams are fucked!

reason?
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 18 January 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh: as you can guess, I never made dyno day and hence didn't need to borrow your selector. This project is definately taking a lot longer than I thought, but I suppose I didn't allow for all of the time pulling down the engine to 'freshen it up'. It will all be worth it though Very Happy

Update: Just positioning at the moment before I weld up and start wiring/piping. I was speaking to a very cluey mechanic which told me that I should be very careful to get the drive shaft perpendicular to the run of the car. Otherwise I'll notice vibrations and general weirdness at speeds. So I spent all of yesterday arvo dropping a plumbob, drawing on the floor and doing maths.

I'm really happy with how it's going to sit.
At the moment the intake manifold is sitting hard up against the rear firewall and the turbo is about 2 inches away from the front firewall. This gives me enough room at the front to run an asbestos (or something) sheet over the fuel lines and a nice custom heat shield over the top of that. I'll still probably even going to keep the 3sgte heat shield if it will fit over my turbo bag. I'm planning on massaging the rear firewall about an inch for intake clearance, so it looks like I won't have to cut a thing Smiley =

I've found the mounts I have cut out (from paul woods) are actually a fair way out on the gearbox side. But I think that's because I'm using a GT4 one and not a SW20 one.

Anyways, it's getting exciting now as everything I do seems to be a step towards completion Cool
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 19 January 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 01:53

fatmr2 wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 16:20

reason?

I should find that out this week i hope.... Confused
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 19 January 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 17:20

As for the box feral, i had some grinding in third and that so i figure since it'll be off the road for a while i'll get it rebuilt.

Good to hear your not being weak and taking this as an oportunity to make more power. I would be in tears.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 19 January 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 18:08

fatmr2 wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 17:20

Good to hear your not being weak and taking this as an oportunity to make more power. I would be in tears.

To be honest, i havent had my car for nearly two years so im used to it Smile

I would like to get some more power out of it but looks like all the turbos that i would need cost like $2500!!!

I might see if i can get the power up still using this turbo and then later on down the track just swap it with a nice hks or trust item Very Happy

Im going to ramake my whole exhaust and cooler pipes so im hoping i will find some power there. I was getting boost leaks before so i should see the power go up a little.
Im getting my gearbox rebuilt as well.

Shit man, i just keep spending money on a car i never drive Laughing

Should be good when its done though.

Oh, and as for the tears....... ive come close Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 19 January 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im learning about boost leaks atm my lazyness has made a hole in the intercooler read: to lazy to relocate battery or make mounts for the intercooler. But good excuse to upgrade Smile
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 19 January 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There the best type of excuse Very Happy

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 20 January 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i have nearly finished moving out of the house i am living in (geez i got some shit!!).
soon as i am set out the parents farm, time to start preping the feral for a looong drive. Smile
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 21 January 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Feral,

Where have you been lately??

Thought we lost you there for a second Laughing
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 21 January 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any sydney people have a spare standard i/c they can let me test? im suspecting an intake leak at the i/c, its very loud. my idle bounces and my vacuum guage at idle is now at 16inHG, used be 18 before

if problem fixed i'll buy the cooler of you if price is reasonable

thanx
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 21 January 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I was working there last night, from memory I think I saw only 1 AW11. Gun-metal grey, or a grey-blue? I think. If it is Patricks bringing it in, it would be the Hamilton wharf, Fish Is is just containers and shit.

MY NEW 2 IS IN THE COUNTRY

im flying up to brisbane early next week to collect. ive got trade plates organised and im driving her home to newcastle.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/mr2.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 21 January 2005 11:40]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 21 January 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome! I can imagine your excitement!
The best colour too Razz
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 21 January 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 14:55

Hey Feral,

Where have you been lately??

Thought we lost you there for a second Laughing

i am out the farm as of tonight mate Sad

extememly slow connection, but i should be online a bit each night.
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 22 January 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a great lookin 2 Toof,I know what that long wait for the new toy feels like.
Look forward to pics and drive review when you get it home.
Cheers.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 23 January 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » EOI: 4AGTE AW11 MR2

Just in case anyone is interested.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 23 January 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 i noticed that your running a msd setup in the mr2 was the 4agze from an mr2? If so would you still have the 4agze dizzy?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 23 January 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
farknuckle, why the HELL would you sell it after it been off the road and you been throwing all that money and time into it... i dont understand>!!?!>! Shocked Confused Shocked Shocked
Pages (84): [ «  <  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:10:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.033044815063477 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.