Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 April 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
may 22nd is OUT OUT OUT..
skid pan day with the MR2 Club.
  Send a private message to this user    
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 April 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toof,

Thats intersting because i spoke to Grant Cunningham last week and i know its on the calender but he did not know if it was going ahead. I was also keen to get on the skid pan i will send him an email and let him know.

Also for others in NSW the MR-2 club is doing a run this weekend around my way and through the National Park. All are welcolm however non MR-2 club member need to pay a $10 intrim membership to attend (its refunded if you join the club) go to www.mr2clubnsw.com for details

Also if my calculations are correct we have 9 people for June 5, i know thats not everyone but it seems like a solid number to me
Regards

Scott
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 April 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*sigh* i hadnt spokent ohim re the skid pan day but id definantly be keen to get there. Sad

hey if the skid pan day isnt on we can just hold it on old_mr2's front lawn Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2005 04:16]

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 April 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got a reply from Grant, its still not organised they are having a meeting this Tuesday night to organise the feasability.

Personally i would love to do the skid pan day, but for me i would prefer to get a whole lot of AW11s together ! Very Happy
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 April 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fook me this is a big thread!!

il be heading out on sunday, hope to see u all there Very Happy
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 April 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 14:02

Also if my calculations are correct we have 9 people for June 5, i know thats not everyone but it seems like a solid number to me

I only see 2 votes at the moment and I predict your 9 votes was based when there was only two options before.
I think we give it till monday arvo before we set the date to allow people who wear nutcuffs to verify with their partner.

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 April 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 16:14

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 14:02

I only see 2 votes at the moment and I predict your 9 votes was based when there was only two options before.
I think we give it till monday arvo before we set the date to allow people who wear nutcuffs to verify with their partner.

Indeed you are correct !!

any yep i agree we should wait as long as possible to get as many votes as possible Smile is was just happy with the responses so far Very Happy

I also appreciate your comment on the nutcuffs nice work !

I would also like to re iterate what mighty boy said about the size of this thread, obviously us AW11 owners are very enthusiastic ! Very Happy Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 April 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mighty_boy wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 15:36

fook me this is a big thread!!

il be heading out on sunday, hope to see u all there Very Happy

might hitch a ride with you mighty if thats cool dont think the 2 is up to a long thrashing till i get the gb leaking sorted ill bring the video camera tho.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 April 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was any one from here in the White AW11 that followed me from Hastings road towards pennant hills? Sweet car, MRZ***
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 April 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw a white AW recently in newcastle with MRZ*** plates. But dont know the owner Confused
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 April 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I know the guy, James, thats the one MRZ-16V (thats also his user name here, he made one post advertising his car for sale a while back), No he doesn't normally post on here, I met him once though, cool guy, his was the first AW11 I ever looked at, gave me a lot of help on how mine should look back when I first bought mine in the damaged state

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2005 09:32]

adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 07 April 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in for any time but the 22 May Very Happy
The SC is nearly ready for the donut ummm... skid pan day Evil or Very Mad
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey scott you wanted to see what my mr2 looks like atm here we are

http://img98.exs.cx/img98/8315/im0010380le.th.jpg http://img98.exs.cx/img98/3569/im0010407fg.th.jpg

I got my new wing on, looks awsome, soo much better than wingless, sorry old Sad

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wiso,

its looking good ! Cool

Its certainly come a long way and i like the bleck roof, i was thinking of doing this ages ago but it looks like you have started the trend ? anyone else got a black roof ?
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 12:17

Hey scott you wanted to see what my mr2 looks like atm here we are

http://img98.exs.cx/img98/8315/im0010380le.th.jpg http://img98.exs.cx/img98/3569/im0010407fg.th.jpg

I got my new wing on, looks awsome, soo much better than wingless, sorry old Sad

hahaha. wings are for wimps

oh and another thing, Jap spec tailights RULE!!!!!!!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you only say that casue you havent got a wing Razz and yeah jap tail lights are the shit.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah way man n/a lights all the way its the sleeper look
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 18:48

you only say that casue you havent got a wing Razz .

haha, dont make me come round there!!! Evil or Very Mad

nah my wing is in my shed. I choose not to put it on.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that cause its a differnt colour ? just like you *choose* not to have side skirts Razz
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha no sideskirts is GHETTO. I must try it.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont, after painting erin's car i didnt put them back on for like a month through sheer laziness and it looks anorexic
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh shit my secret is out!!!

OK heres the deal my rear wing and sideskirts are red they came 2 months after my import arrived. After i hassled KDA motor traders limited. This was a very BAD idea as it cost me 400 postage with UPS.

I will try to get the sideskirts on before our first aw11 meeting I just have to get my lasy ass down to the paint shop and get some paint matched. Are you still available to paint them with you spray gear toof??

EDIT I will be remaining wingless though!

[Updated on: Fri, 08 April 2005 09:36]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mate im cool to spray im on uni holidays atm so in the next fortnight would be cool. we can do that boot lid while we are at it.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine will look even more sleeper as I will soon have all the sc gear, but the NA tailights and NA engine lid, they'll have no idea

yeah spankman don't take the skirts off, they look pretty bad without them, they lose that real squareish boxy look that everbody loves them for.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope your running a w/a cooler or some cooler arangment other then the factory SC one else youll have an intercooker and if you are planning on doing that with the cast high compression pistons = kaboom.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 4age casties are tougher than people think. but i agree, everyone should invest in a w2a set-up.

when i seen Adam's car in Perth i thought it looked prity tough with-out the side skirts. i think it was the 1st time i seen one with-out them too.

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
even if its a/a it id want something better then top mount cooler under a n/a engine lid so its got no ventilation. w/a would be nice but a/a in a better location could probaly do ok.. dont know where you'd hide it though.. perhaps infront of the gearbox with a fin or somethng below to catch air up onto it.

guys do you realise we are about to overtake the ST162 thread in length... and its been running for months longer..
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha i was just joking about the side skirts haha. I MIGHT take off the wing to see how it looks. Im thinking of running 205/50 rubber on the front and 205/60 on the back... do you think it looks good like that? so the back is a bit higher than the front?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
205/60 ... what rim size ?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
15"
so it would look like this...
http://www.nismo.com.au/images%202/benzoomp4.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 08 April 2005 12:12]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep in mind that tyre size is too big to be street legal. a 205/50/15 on the back would be nice and fat and gives you a huge range of tyres to pick from. for it to be legal it cant have a rolling diameter for more then +/- 15mm that combo would be 50mm so way outside of legal. id look more towards a 205/50/15, nice and fat, easy to get and legal.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUT 205/50 looks to skinny on 15's and leaves a gap between the guards... even tho i have king lows.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 22:02

even if its a/a it id want something better then top mount cooler under a n/a engine lid so its got no ventilation. w/a would be nice but a/a in a better location could probaly do ok.. dont know where you'd hide it though.. perhaps infront of the gearbox with a fin or somethng below to catch air up onto it.

That was exactly what I am going to do mate, angle it down in front of the gearbox, with a scoop underneath, and heat wrap the piping up the top so they don't heat soak, oh and also I am going to setup a water injection system to solve a lot of problems. but yeah I was just gonna use stock ic off the map version engine thats what i'll be getting with the stuff.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 19:26

haha no sideskirts is GHETTO. I must try it.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHHA Laughing Laughing Laughing
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 08 April 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have 205/50/15 on the feral. thought about taller tyres before for the rear, 6o series IMO would look like there is too much rubber (unless it hides up under the guard), and make the rim look smaller in diameter.
taller tyre on the rear would give you more top end speed though... Evil or Very Mad
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 April 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the photo above is 60 series on a 15" rim. I reckon having big daddy years looks tough.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 April 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

the photo above is 60 series on a 15" rim. I reckon having big daddy years looks tough.

yea, i figured that when i had another look.

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 April 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Sun, 10 April 2005 15:11

If you spent as much time on performance as you do with trivial shit like that, your car would go a lot quicker/better than it does now.......

Just a thought Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 April 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fat mr2 i have noticed that you have been very mean towards spankman lately. He misses his girlfriend try to cheer him up a little.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 April 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont worry about fat, he lashes out at people because his lack of self confidence. I spent what, all of 5 seconds thinking about it...
Performance is comming, just taking time. So quiet you! Twisted Evil
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 April 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sun, 10 April 2005 17:25

fat mr2 i have noticed that you have been very mean towards spankman lately.

lately? i never seen fat be nice to spanktown... Laughing

a good bit of verbal bashing keeps up all on our toes. Razz

i'll shut em both up oneday when i build a monster that'll leave em wondering if they ever had real powa... Twisted Evil
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 April 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sun, 10 April 2005 17:25

fat mr2 i have noticed that you have been very mean towards spankman lately.

Nah man, i got nuthin but love for the nerd! Twisted Evil

feral4mr2 wrote on Sun, 10 April 2005 20:05

lately? i never seen fat be nice to spanktown... Laughing

a good bit of verbal bashing keeps up all on our toes. Razz

i'll shut em both up oneday when i build a monster that'll leave em wondering if they ever had real powa... Twisted Evil

So true Very Happy

Is that a challenge John? cause if it is, im up for it Cool
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 April 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Sun, 10 April 2005 22:17

Is that a challenge John? cause if it is, im up for it Cool

when the time comes, yes. Razz
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sun, 10 April 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Needing to make up for something fellas? Razz

Anyways, May the 22nd is looking like the go for the Newcastle run, and if skid pan day doesn't go ahead, there'll be a couple of more people. I reckon give it one more day for the non voters to pull their finger out and then we pen it in the diaries, yes?!?!

May 1st [ 2 vote(s) ]
May 8th [ 3 vote(s) ]
May 15th[ 3 vote(s) ]
May 22nd[ 6 vote(s) ]
May 29th[ 4 vote(s) ]
June 5th[ 3 vote(s) ]

[Updated on: Sun, 10 April 2005 22:48]

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 April 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just spoke to Grant from the MR-2 Club.

They have a meeting Tuesday night to discuss the skid pan but it looks like more organisation is required and it will be postponed until some insurance stuff etc is finalised.

So unless i hear otherwise no Skidpan for the 22nd !!!!

Also just to report that those that went on the MR-2 club run on Sunday had a good time, heaps of AW11s !!

Regarding the bigger bags on the back i am all for it but 60 series is too extreeme and handling will SUCK, trust me i have tried it. For me the 205 45 16 F and 225 45 16 R is the best compromise. Have a look at the pics that were posted previously if you want to copare the look of 205 50 15 front and rear on my NA or my Avatar it was with the 16s and about 15mm lower in the rear but bigger rear tyres.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 April 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*sigh* well any day is good for me then Smile but im definantly keen for the skidpan day.

would have loved to go on sundays cruise but couldnt really justify the time required. to get to southern syd for 9am statr wel would have to leave here at 7 which means id need to get up a 6 ARGH!!
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 April 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah getting to Loftus oval for anyone north of the hawkesbury is a mission for a Sunday morning... Nat park is a great run tho'
hope there wasn't too many bikes to slow you down.. ha ha.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 April 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 15:44

Yeah getting to Loftus oval for anyone north of the hawkesbury is a mission for a Sunday morning... Nat park is a great run tho'
hope there wasn't too many bikes to slow you down.. ha ha.

there were some crazy bikers on the nat run overtaking like 2 or 3 of us at one time at times on blind corners.

Was all good nice to see some other peoples mr2's including a 1986 n/a import.
Pleb comment of the day while watching us drive past "omg look that car has no roof"
mighty_boy
Regular

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 April 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 12:59

would have loved to go on sundays cruise but couldnt really justify the time required. to get to southern syd for 9am statr wel would have to leave here at 7 which means id need to get up a 6 ARGH!!

well i had to get up at 5am to get there!! fantastic day and lots of good roads to explore.....
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 11 April 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, the 22nd and 29th now both have 6 votes.
Maybe we should make it the 29th in case the skid pan day goes ahead?
Anyone else want to make the call on this, or anyone who hasn't voted on one of these days want to have the deciding vote Smiley =

May 1st [ 2 vote(s) ]
May 8th [ 3 vote(s) ]
ay 15th [ 3 vote(s) ]
May 22nd[ 6 vote(s) ]
May 29th[ 6 vote(s) ]
June 5th[ 3 vote(s) ]
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 April 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha ha dudes.. went to the Kotara Toyota parts today to get a dizzy o-ring... Left with dizzy O-ring and awesome "Make My Dinner" T-shirt... Very Happy Toyota merchandising kicks a.
How much was your car part honey...? 4 Bucks now MAKE MY DINNER!
Laughing
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 April 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, someone i know went to get coolant from brad street parts and came back with one of them Shocked
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 12 April 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do any of you doods have a spare AW11 boot lid lying around that you want some cash for ??

Does not have to have wing, (no comments from you thanks old)

Or if you know where i can score one from send me a PM

Thanks,
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 April 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm I may know where you can get one, pm'd ya

[Updated on: Wed, 13 April 2005 04:42]

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 April 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wiso,

Thanks for the info, will give them a try Smile

Are you going to be in goulburn either Sat or Sun ??
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 April 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 08:24

Do any of you doods have a spare AW11 boot lid lying around that you want some cash for ??

Does not have to have wing, (no comments from you thanks old)

Or if you know where i can score one from send me a PM

Thanks,

i have a spare one at home and could allways use some cash the wing is a bit second hand on it tho.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 April 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a spare s/c eng lid, already given my boot lid to a mate to use.
was going to make a fibreglass one ages ago, geez i need to get motivated. Sad
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 April 2005 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK I Am the deciding vote and as the host i shall assume my rank of GOD, which suits me fine Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Sun, 17 April 2005 19:57]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 April 2005 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds perfect old, well done for taking the initiative!

I'm taking today off to make some more forward progress on the little beastie, I want to have it on the road and all engineered etc by the 29th. Todays task is stainless firewall heatshield, fuel lines, the rest of the wiring and if I'm lucky starting the battery relocation. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 13 April 2005 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
damn. dont think i will be able to make it in a w/end dude.. Sad
errm i mean God. Twisted Evil
Pages (84): [ «  <  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:59:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.019207000732422 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.