Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 03 January 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 15:04

Spanktown wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 13:10

standard. Just waiting for its upgrades.

At least yours is going......
My car died last week ay Sad Looks like the bearings are gone?

Shocked shes dead already?? DAMN you must be angry
  Send a private message to this user    
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 03 January 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I waited about 1 and a half years, spent thousands, put about 1000k's on it, babied it all the way and bang!

You could say im pissed Rolling Eyes

Im not really that shitty to be honest. i guess i havent had it for so long im used to it.

I'l be making some calls tomorrow as to who is responsible for this........Lets hope i get a few good answers!

Im hoping its just the bearings. If so, a new set of race ones from rocket ind will cost about $65 or so and a bit of labour.

My fingers are crossed.........

It will rise from the ashes faster and stronger Very Happy
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 03 January 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck! when and where did it happen? haha and your car blew before mine did buahaha Smile
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 03 January 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 16:40

fuck! when and where did it happen? haha and your car blew before mine did buahaha Smile

Twisted Evil

Typical, i should have just slapped it together and it probably would have worked!

Nah, i was driving to my cousins house and i noticed a ticking noise very similar to the previous engine. By the time i got home it had gottn louder. At that stage i left it at home and it hasnt been driven since. I found with the last motor that the longer you drive it the worse it gets Laughing

Tomorrow i'll call the guys that built it and try to sort something out.

Fuck you and your budget 4agte Mad

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 03 January 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hah, cant wait to see what i get on the dyno when its all finished.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 03 January 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey spankman, it should look something like this......

http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/spanktown dyno.jpg

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 03 January 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woh, the power curve looks better than your dyno sheet Twisted Evil
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 03 January 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wait a second, that was me running, not my car.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 03 January 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn spankman....You have SOOOO much POWAH!!!!

I think i need to do my car up a bit more so i can keep up!

Do you ever get problems with traction? Laughing Laughing Laughing
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 03 January 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehehe, funny stuff
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 03 January 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 16:15

Typical, i should have just slapped it together and it probably would have worked!

worked for me................ Razz
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 January 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 23:36

fatmr2 wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 16:15

worked for me................ Razz

I HATE YOU ALL!!!! Twisted Evil
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 January 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha bumma dude.
17's + hard suspension = annoying as hell on bumpy roads.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 January 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha Ha!

Called the guys who built my engine today with great results!

The guy said they would have a tilt tray here early in the morning to pick up my car so they can get started on it straight away.

Now thats service for ya Very Happy

Watch out spankman, im making a comeback Laughing

I can only hope it comes back with a dyno sheet just like yours.........Loads of POWAH!!!!!

Twisted Evil
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 04 January 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My MR2 passed the notorious "Regency" inspection and is now registered!
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 January 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My gearbox is rather clunky - The synchros are on their way out. Anyone know what an AW11 SC gearbox is worth (it doesnt have to be any better than mine as I would get it rebuilt and swapped over).

Thanks Smile
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 January 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 20:46

My MR2 passed the notorious "Regency" inspection and is now registered!

good to hear man,

about the gearbox, when i first got my car i thought the same thing with my box aswell, it crunches, its notchy between gears and grinds etc... but its been like that eversince and even with hard driving it doesnt fail. recently i just changed oil to syntrax. its still notchy and grindy normal shifting but when driven hard like shifting at high rev realy fast and brutally, its so smooth. i find thats at wsid its smoothest coz it gets driven hard all the time

i say dont worry about it unless u get alot of gear crunches, i say even then try changing oil, bleed clutch line, and adjust pedal freeplay rod first before rebuilding the box
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 January 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
REDLINE SUPER LIGHTWIEGHT GEAROIL + 2 BOTTLES OF REDLINE FRICTION MIDFIER, will get rid of all your crunches!!!!!!!!!!! did for me. and i had BAD ones.
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 January 2005 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill give the redline a try.

Anyone got a spare boot lid (pref white) I think ill get rid of the spoiler Smile
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 January 2005 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the spoiler is good Razz

reduces CD from 0.35 to 0.34 and equalizes front/rear lift.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 January 2005 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got pentrite limslip 90 in my e51 at the moment and it's doing great for my notchy grinds, sometimes i still get the occasional notchy 2nd gear (mainly when cold) and 3rd gear crunch (when i try a real quick up/down shift), but not like before. i dont think i will be ever rid of them no matter what oil i use.

even replaceing the shifter linkage bushes are spose to help a little with notchyness etc, i am still to try this.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 05 January 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had big sagas with notchy and grinding into 3rd and down from 4th to 3rd, slow fast, didnt matter. With the redline, even if i do a superman shift, it wont grind. I couldnt believe it.. but it worked.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 January 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really need to buy some of that stuff. I got this mad crunching noise going into 3rd. Not good.

I know spank has said it works but i just dont see how oil can stop grinding? Rolling Eyes

Either way, i have to go buy some......
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 January 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
niether did i, i thought it was bullshit, like an infomercial thingo. but it fucking worked a treat... best 170 i have ever spent.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 January 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i just stop by lambros hitech to get advice on exhaust. wanted replace after manifold all the way back and they quoted me $1800 Shocked stainless steel.

told them i wanted only mild steel as its only a runabout/thrashabout/delivery car, said they needed make custom muffler which they cant with mild, plus i dont think they do mandrel bending with mild steel aswell.

told them other mr2 owners getting same stuff for $6-800, he told me good cat alone was 400 and flexipipe section was $200. he said other exhaust places probably used truck muffler or poor quality one which will be loud.

end of the day i aint gonna pay that much on exhaust, cost almost half the price of my car already. i know they probably do very good job and quality parts but my car doesnt deserve something like that

anyone want to direct me to somewhere i can get for about $600
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 January 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 17:33

man i just stop by lambros hitech to get advice on exhaust. wanted replace after manifold all the way back and they quoted me $1800 Shocked stainless steel.

Yikes. i rang them today for some prices on pipe and they were cheaper than some of the places i have been dealing with.

Quote:

told them i wanted only mild steel as its only a runabout/thrashabout/delivery car, said they needed make custom muffler which they cant with mild, plus i dont think they do mandrel bending with mild steel aswell.

Do you mean 'they' as in hi tech or just in general? cause i got a mild steel mandrel bent 3 inch zorst.

Quote:

told them other mr2 owners getting same stuff for $6-800, he told me good cat alone was 400 and flexipipe section was $200. he said other exhaust places probably used truck muffler or poor quality one which will be loud.

$400 for a cat Shocked is that motherfucker gold plated or something!!!! and $200 for a flex joint???? maybe stainless ones are more expensive....im not sure?

either way, $1800..... I made my whole exhaust for about a grand or so, and thats inc dump pipe and manifold.
i should start making shit like that and selling it on the side Laughing

Quote:

anyone want to direct me to somewhere i can get for about $600

What area are you from?
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 January 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2,
im from innerwest,
u make your own exhaust?

also anyone here still has the standard air filter box lid in the boot. im thinking goin back to standard coz i got defected few days ago for the pod, and i cant find my old lid. can clear the defect easy but cant afford to pay 78 bucks for the fine everytime
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 January 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaa.. my exhaust only cost me no more than $250 (if that). Smile
http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/feralzorst1.JPG

make their own custom muffler to suit? yeah right.. Rolling Eyes
like most places that make things for poeople, they rip ya off. Mad

a deffect for a pod? shit, i am starting to get scared to even drive the feral down there..
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 January 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah man, i made the whole lot myself Very Happy

i'm thinking about remaking the whole lot again though Rolling Eyes

Holy shit feral........They must have no laws up there in bundy or something Laughing

I think there will be like 5 highway patrol cops waiting at the boarder for ya Laughing Laughing Laughing
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 January 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so who here can knock me up a cheap exhaust for my car, or even an old one someones upgraded from? i've only got the standard factory stuff atm and after 15yrs i think its little tired and worned. my top end especially 3rd gear onwards is very slow, could be restrictive exhaust?

yeah feral, not sure how you gonna survive the drive through sydney with your car. i get cops flying down at high speed from 500m away catches up to me and telling me its random breathe test, and my car is bloody stock.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 January 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i get cops flying down at high speed from 500m away catches up to me and telling me its random breathe test, and my car is bloody stock.

eeeeeeeeeeeepppp!!!! Shocked

there are laws up here for sure, but i dont let the law see me doing anything naughty and they dont bother me.

mk1sc, even just a replacement muffler for the existing system would help. there are plenty of options, Walker(Lukey) make nice mufflers, the one i posted above is a Lukey 3" stainless Ultra flow.
surely it would not be too hard for an exhaust shop to cut off and reweld a new muffler on after the cat..

p.s. my friend and i whacked that ^^ system up.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 January 2005 10:35]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 January 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been recommended to St George exhaust at peakhurst, I'll hopefully be getting up there next week (if all things fall in to place and I make it to dyno day). If you give them a call, I'd be keen to hear the results.

Feral: got my stuff in the mail today, who said shipping from the US over christmas was slow Rolling Eyes
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~wtf/other/IMGP1235.JP G
I'll be posting you the eye with the conjunctivitis (grease) on it on the way home tonight. It's actually in really good nick. Andrew (RAV-GT4) and I are having a late one working on our cars tonight. I'm yet to take the drivers side window mechanism out and see the condition (it's a pr!ck of a job), it was the stuffed one. Well, I needed new tints anyways hehehe
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 06 January 2005 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I'll be posting you the eye with the conjunctivitis (grease) on it on the way home tonight.

thankyou, much appreciated. Smile

indeed it is a bastard of a job, i went through the net thouroughly before the 1st time i pulled the drivers side set-up out. and looked at the pics of the window breakdown.
http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/online_parts_catalog/ Body/window%20regulator-hinge.GIF
even though a manual pic, the carriers where the same. i pulled the whole lot (bar the window glass Razz ) out the sevice hole where the power window regulator thingy was.

i need new tint too, but that'll have to wait another year. Confused
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 January 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont have any trouble with the local cops/melbs cops. They see the car and keep driving. Got pulled up once, cops had a quick look over car and said "Its not wise to drive that car to often" Laughing I told them it was just a weekend toy and they let me go.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 January 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF!!!! if a copper told me it wasnt wise to drive my car much i would be in the biggest bitch fight with the c#nt!!!

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 January 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well they found a few things which a few people dont like. Exhaust being to loud etc. etc. Shocked
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Mon, 10 January 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont care, no c#nt tells me that i cant drive my car whenever i like... Twisted Evil
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 January 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Mon, 10 January 2005 20:07

i dont care, no c#nt tells me that i cant drive my car whenever i like... Twisted Evil

They wouldnt have to if it was legal Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 January 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah aw11s dont attract too much cop attn got pulled into a rbt/defect station on the gore hill express way had 2 cops give the car a good once (or two) over on the outside and they just waved me on. Was packing it as i havent got my blue slip yet for my gze and the exhaust isnt exactly under 100db let alone 94 or whateva it is. Cant say the same for the poor silvia driver infront of me that had a 3 inch cannon muffler and rims.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2005 09:25]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 January 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
legal? whats that? Twisted Evil

hey spanktown, you get then bits?

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2005 10:17]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 January 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 20:24

bah aw11s dont attract too much cop attn got pulled into a rbt/defect station on the gore hill express way had 2 cops give the car a good once (or two) over on the outside and they just waved me on. Was packing it as i havent got my blue slip yet for my gze and the exhaust isnt exactly under 100db let alone 94 or whateva it is. Cant say the same for the poor silvia driver infront of me that had a 3 inch cannon muffler and rims.

Ha Ha! Lucky.

I got my car back on Christmas eve, got pulled over two days later by highway patrol. I had no blue slip, no engineers papers for the gte, no number plate on the front, loud exhaust.

He let me go Shocked

How lucky is that!

i was packing it big time.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 January 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah feral i got them bits, i told you before Razz Did you want some monies or what? i have sent a few pms with no reply.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 January 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 21:35

Ha Ha! Lucky.

I got my car back on Christmas eve, got pulled over two days later by highway patrol. I had no blue slip, no engineers papers for the gte, no number plate on the front, loud exhaust.

He let me go Shocked

How lucky is that!

Lucky lucky did he have a look under the hood?

I am thinking about keeping mine looking standard for a while as it seems keep away the prying eyes.

Just on that with 4agze conversion cause its under 15% power increase do u just have to get a blue slip?

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2005 13:34]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 January 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes officer the 2 hamsters in cages under the bonet are legal mods.
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 11 January 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey have any of you guys got pics of how you routed IC's and such for ur 4agte conversions?

Im thinken about a turbo conversion now looken for about 300hp but i need to do a bit of body work first Sad

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 January 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arrrrrgh nooooooooooo, you'll beat me now Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 January 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 00:31

fatmr2 wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 21:35

Ha Ha! Lucky.

He let me go Shocked

How lucky is that!

Lucky lucky did he have a look under the hood?

I am thinking about keeping mine looking standard for a while as it seems keep away the prying eyes.

Just on that with 4agze conversion cause its under 15% power increase do u just have to get a blue slip?

Yeah, he checked out under the hood. Just before i opened the lid he's like "have you done anything to the car besides the intercooler at the front?"

I told him it wasnt a cooler but a radiator. He thought i was being a smart ass. Then i said, ive only done a little bit to it Laughing
When he saw under the lid he said that it looked like just a bit more that a little bit. I laughed. I was honest with the bloke and he just let me go cause i wasnt being a dick or speeding. He even asked if it was engineered! i said NO.

At the end he was like " have a nice weekend. Just get it all done soon"

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 January 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gearb0x wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 10:42

hey have any of you guys got pics of how you routed IC's and such for ur 4agte conversions?

Im thinken about a turbo conversion now looken for about 300hp but i need to do a bit of body work first Sad

300hp you say Rolling Eyes Thats 220.59kw. Would that be 300hp atw? cause if it is, good luck.

What turbo you going to use?

As for the intercooler question........

I think im the only one who put it in the boot? Feral has a wta off a st205 i think and thats in the engine bay. Spanktown has an ata in the engine bay. I have a pwr cooler and its in the boot. Takes up a lot of it unfortunately.

Who else has a gte?
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 January 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah id be only after 300hp at the engine.. around 150rwkw, aiming for responsiveness Smile Id like that but be able to run it to redline. Basically i want 300hp but to keep the current practicality of the car Wink ie: keep my boot and such Smile im thinken maybe one of those PWR barrels with either a GT28 or TD04

clown... nah i dont think so, i gotta fix the rust in my body first which will take all of my spare funds, i still got a while.. you might beat me yet

I was just watching those vids of brent picasso and it got me thinking on the subjet Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 06:19]

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 January 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 13:29

arrrrrgh nooooooooooo, you'll beat me now Laughing

Hey Clown, are you building something special are ya?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 January 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gearb0x wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 17:16

im thinken maybe one of those PWR barrels with either a GT28 or TD04

Where would you put the barrel?
As for the GT28, I got 177.8rwkw with one so i can tell you it'll make the power you want.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 January 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 14:28

I think im the only one who put it in the boot?

Who else has a gte?

I am planning to run a gtr intercooler in the boot i think it is the best location for it if you are prepared to loose your boot. I dont use my boot as its been stripped out anyways.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 January 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 18:01

As for the GT28, I got 177.8rwkw with one so i can tell you it'll make the power you want.

When do u make boost and is the turbo at its flow limits?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 January 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 18:02

fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 14:28

I think im the only one who put it in the boot?

Who else has a gte?

I am planning to run a gtr intercooler in the boot i think it is the best location for it if you are prepared to loose your boot. I dont use my boot as its been stripped out anyways.

Do you mean GTR as in skyline?
Are you going to cut out the boot lid and floor?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 January 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 18:04

When do u make boost and is the turbo at its flow limits?

I'm not really to sure when boost starts coming on? i only had it for 5 days before it shit itself.

As for its limits......Its pretty much there.

i haven't really got to give it some on high boost yet but to be totally honest im not happy with it. That might change when i get a good chance to test it out but i doubt it. For what has been done to it, it should be faster!!! I think it all comes down to the turbo. I should have put something bigger on it but everyone was like "it'll make 200rwkw"
For all you guys that said that....... Blow me!

I wish i could have got some better info before i started. I would have got the power i wanted!!!! Now i have to spend more money to change it Mad

oh well, it'll do for now.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 January 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 20:04

Do you mean GTR as in skyline?
Are you going to cut out the boot lid and floor?

Yes i mean skyline and i was thinking of cutting a hole in the bootlid and running a scoop then use aluminium to duct the air to the core then again to duct it to the hole where the number plate normally is. I also plan to run davies craig thermo fans to suck some air through it for low speeds. Considering GTR intercoolers are supposed to be good for up to 300rwkw i think it should suffice. I can allways add a water spray if i get bored.

I was thinking a gt series ie a gt28 or a td05 should make 200rwkw with some sort of response. I guess it depends what i can find when i go to japan in a couple of months.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 January 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 20:23]
I think it all comes down to the turbo. I should have put something bigger on it but everyone was like "it'll make 200rwkw"
For all you guys that said that....... Blow me!
quote]

cant you change the compressor housing for something bigger to get you the extra flow?

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 12:16]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 January 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Naa the mr2 will prob stay as is for a while i think. I could do with more power, but i want to build up a rolla that i can throw around on track etc. without the worry of spening $$$ when i bust something, plus it'll teach me more about cars in the process.

Phill: check out the Spearco aw11 cooler setups.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 January 2005 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's a couple of interesting IC ideas from the mk1.5 guys (mk1.5 = mk1 body + mk2 engine).

Brad in NZ runs his intercooler under the boot.
http://www.3sgtemr2.com/BBBrad/Gallery/images/Imag e40.jpg
http://www.3sgtemr2.com/BBBrad/Gallery/images/0529 _0004.jpg

Paul Woods in the UK runs his in the boot.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/turbo_files/turbo138.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/turbo_files/turbo98.jpg

There's a couple more but I can't find images atm.
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 12 January 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

gearb0x wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 17:16

im thinken maybe one of those PWR barrels with either a GT28 or TD04

Where would you put the barrel?

Not sure Smile thats why i was asking for pics Smile havent thought about it too hard, if i could get my goal power with just an uprated a2a in the stock position id be happy

that clown guy wrote on someday

Phill: check out the Spearco aw11 cooler setups.

yeah i seen em before, look pretty horn Smile

All up in the air, nothing set in stone yet, more worried about keeping it on the road these days Smile i just got a quote to fix some rust with some new metal and it was cheaper than I expected so im happy Smile

Pages (84): [ «  <  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:10:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.023795127868652 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.