Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wombat
Regular

July 2003
TCCA event Sat, 02 October 2004 10:44 Go to next message
Hey everyone, I'm just putting out some feelers for this.

Would people be interested in a TCCA ran Show 'n' Shine?

Would have prises and things like that?

Suggestions, and opinions are welcome.

I am just seeing if this would be a good idea for the club. Would be open to everyone, not just TCCA members, and not just Toyota's.

Would be looking at an overall best, and some class bests. I am thinking maybe seperating toyota's and non toyota's, so no biase opinion can be used, and also split the again into say pre 1990's and post 1990's classes.

Anyway please give me you feedback, thoughts, and suggestions as to this.

thanks
Cliff
  Send a private message to this user    
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: TCCA event Sat, 02 October 2004 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh by the way was considering making this a annual thing.

So it would happen every year at about the same time each year.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TCCA event Sun, 03 October 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YES!

id be in this for definate Wink
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: TCCA event Fri, 08 October 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in.
I've actually heard people leave the TCCA because of their lack of Show'n'Shine and spearheaded focus on Motorkhanas and sprint days.
So bring it back
Sing it back
Bring it back to Me(us)

ps. I want to join the TCCA. how do I do this Wombat?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TCCA event Fri, 08 October 2004 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i say

YES!Again?
Rinmax
Regular

September 2004
Re: TCCA event Fri, 08 October 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm also a member with Wombat and the club is starting to get more social type events happening. If your after more information you could try the web site www.tccav.org.au. We are also having our general meeting at the bells hotel next tues, your more than welcome to come along and see what the club is planning in the next few months.

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TCCA event Fri, 08 October 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i WANT to goto meetings but being so bloody far away makes getting there on a tuesday difficult ..

nay have to wait to attend one of your Kanacross events or a trackday to chew ears on stuff - as theres no way i can get down + back i time for work
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TCCA event Fri, 08 October 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im a member too but atm i dont have any spare cash to do any sprints in my MR2

I should be whacking a car together outa some spare bits and pieces to compete in club motorkhanas and the VCAS while im building up my T-18 Wink

Rinmax are you the bloke i chased in my aw11 Mr2 on the run to lake mountain?

Phill
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: TCCA event Fri, 08 October 2004 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

So bring it back
Sing it back
Bring it back to Me(us)

Rolling Eyes
Rinmax
Regular

September 2004
Re: TCCA event Sat, 09 October 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep that was me up lake mountain. What a great piece of road that is, I hope you come to the treasure hunt later this year as it's going to be in the same area.

BTW it would be good if you could come to a sprint/hillclimb like the twilight event at Morwell coming at the end of the year. I should have my new ta22 set up by then.

If anyone want more info on the TCCA and its events please feel free to pm either Wombat or myself.
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: TCCA event Sun, 10 October 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
glad to see we have a little bit of interest. might need a bit more to get this off the ground though.

would definatly be great to get this big enough to run it each year. could be like a vic version of Toyota Nationals.

just run by TCCA

Would be great for all us toyota people, and for our clubs.
GTII
Regular

May 2002
Re: TCCA event Sun, 10 October 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would be good!
The last one TCCA organised was about 10 years ago!! lol ..at Albert Park. It was a success! I have lotsa photos from that. Should try and revive it! Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 10 October 2004 12:11]

wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: TCCA event Mon, 11 October 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
definatley would be good to get this off the ground. an event like this run by the club would be awesome. It's sort of a must do for the club as most car enthusiest now are into this sort of thing. So it's really a natural progression that we MUST include this sort of stuff into our calenders.

On a side note we will also have to start thinking of including the drift and drag scenes soon too. Dirft events that are now becoming CAMS affiliated are a must, same as above it would be club suicide to not include these types of events.

GTII it would be good if you could organise to send me some of those pics from the event back then. would love to see them.

drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: TCCA event Mon, 11 October 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id be in
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: TCCA event Mon, 11 October 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it's looking like we got a bit of intrest. so hopefully this will go ahead.
ronin11
Occasional Poster

October 2002

Re: TCCA event Mon, 11 October 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if this happens, im sure people from both celica.net and ozcelica.com would be interested as well.. ill keep my eyes open and if we get some details happening, will post there for added support.
so put me down for a hell yeah. not to show my car (stocker) but im sure i can get a few others worthy of showing interested.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TCCA event Mon, 08 November 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any updates on this ?

NEWS GUYS!

wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: TCCA event Mon, 08 November 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got a meeting tomorrow night, so I may have some news then.

had to put it to the commitee to decide whether it's a go or not.
1ggtze
Regular

September 2002
Re: TCCA event Sat, 13 November 2004 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would come... with my car!
Sam
GTII
Regular

May 2002
Re: TCCA event Sat, 15 January 2005 07:13 Go to previous message
Let me know how it goes Wombat.
We could put it in the MR2 Club & Supra Club Calendar and get some support.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:More Morwell Drift - Sat 15th Jan
Next Topic:january toymods dyno day - whos going ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:39:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058929920196533 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.