Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Western Australia » PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
icon3.gif  PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 05 October 2004 03:23 Go to next message
Howdy all!!
yep - I'm gonna have a go at organising another one.
People seemed pleased with the last run and they are eager for another, so I thought I'd do my best at organising another cruise.
Just for something different, I thought I'd organise a night cruise, also gives those with neons a chance to light up the street! Cool hehe

So anyway - down to business...
Date: Friday 29 October 2004.
Time: Approx 7.30pm meet and 8pm cruise start
Cruise Map: yet to be confirmed between now and then. However i can tell you it will be metro area, most likely starting South and ending North of the river... but yet to be decided. EDIT: I've decided to start our cruise at the end of the last one.. Garden City car park, Booragoon (just off Almondbury Rd)

Thats it for now... just thought I would start the ball rolling and gather some interest. It gives people a chance to mark the calenders and have their cars on the road by then! Razz
Keep an eye on this post for future developments and ideas...

Cheers
DAMO - OST event organiser
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/oldskooltoyota/

[Updated on: Sun, 24 October 2004 08:49]

Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 05 October 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
W00t! Night cruise! So there!
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 05 October 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nathan - you'll be there.. will your car?? Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 05 October 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, *a* car will be there. Whether or not it's *that* car will be down to uni.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 05 October 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, maybe I should get my fan belt fixed.
She squeals like a pig when ever the battery draws a large load from the alternator.
ie, headlights + thermo's = 2+ mins of squealing.

But that gives me a month.
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 05 October 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hopefully i should have my stereo fixed and cranking for this Cool

iam in..............just gotta see if iam working that night or not??

ohhhh yeah........gots its off......no worries Very Happy
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 05 October 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmmmm, maybe I should unveil a new lime green beasty I have recently aquired?!!!?
8t6panda
Regular

May 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 05 October 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be there for shaw ill have my exhaust in by then as well.
go the neons Laughing
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 05 October 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm Clint.. you should see a doctor about that! and I'm sure its something we all don't wanna see!! Laughing hehehe
It would be nice to see you there as a driver and not a passenger tho.

Rob - if you need a hand at all with your stereo, let me know, i have several install experience under my belt.

Damo
TRD 83
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 05 October 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If people pay me the money they owe, then I will be there in the GT4. Here's hoping
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 05 October 2004 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should be there hopefully without the yellow sticker i got last week Razz
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 05 October 2004 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aww i gotta work at that time, maybe i can call in a *cough cough* sicky Very Happy

havn't gone on a night cruise before, any good?
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 05 October 2004 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will DEFINITIELY be there in my green machine Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 03:14]

Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 06 October 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmmmmm, seems like a plan ^_^

I'll be there in one way, shape and form. I'll either be there in my car or I'll grab a lift in a friend's car, who knows yet.

But I'll make my way down for a night cruise ^_^
Toy_Machine
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 06 October 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beserker99 wrote on Wed, 06 October 2004 17:56

Hmmmmmmm, seems like a plan ^_^

I'll be there in one way, shape and form. I'll either be there in my car or I'll grab a lift in a friend's car, who knows yet.

But I'll make my way down for a night cruise ^_^

hope you dont think ur grabbin a lift in my car dude! i wanna finally settle the score between our rides, im sure the 4AC will give me a good run for my money! Laughing Laughing Grin Grin
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 06 October 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

hope you dont think ur grabbin a lift in my car dude! i wanna finally settle the score between our rides, im sure the 4AC will give me a good run for my money!

I accept your challenge f00l, but don't cry if my 4AC wins over your 3TGTE Razz
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 06 October 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the mentality behind the last few posts? Take a group of enthusiasts cars in one area at the same time and you're asking for attention - be it good or bad. Add, being a dickhead into the equation, and it quickly becomes something to be avoided. If you really want to talk big and show off, spend the money on a Club membership, CAMS licence and entry fee to a motorkhana, and fuck off and drive like a dickhead there.

I'm all for standing around with a bunch of like minded friends and dribbling shit, most of you know I do it all too well, but the instant this cruise becomes a sprint session - I'm out. Yes it's a miser's veiwpoint, but having had modified cars for over 15 years, I realise everyone else's actions affect my perceived percention too, and I over being tarred and feathered with the same brush.
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 06 October 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude chillout, it's nothing to get worked up about Razz

Toy_Machine and I know each other, so this is our usual random banter between our cars.

It's not like we're just out for drags and challenge random cars and crap like that and draw attention to ourselves. We're just keeping the forums friendly. Rolling Eyes

So chill, we're not gonna be dicks about the cruise or nothing of the sort.
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 06 October 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be there, have my license now so no L's Razz hopefully i would have sprayed my sprinter since then.
Justice
Occasional Poster

May 2004

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 06 October 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys i wont b there but u guys gotta take serious pics this time... hey clint memba the law bout losing ur car... lol i neva been on a nite cruze driving at nite is so cool ill try get some mates of mine to go they got some alrite cars..... hopefully the car will b ready by janurary hey that will b sweet.... its lookin sweet now ill take some pics and post em somewhere 4 u guys who wana c
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 07 October 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks CLG,

I'm of a similar mind As my car hasn't been engineered for conversion and is not driven on public roads, I'm wary of turning up to anything which might attract the wroing sort of attentoin.

- Justin
Who'll probably come to the cruise (with car on a trailor, of course).
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 07 October 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look............it's simple.............if u do stupid shit then it's your own fault and you should get your car taken away from you!!

stop worring bout the cops and go for a cruise Cool
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 07 October 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guilty_19 wrote on Thu, 07 October 2004 11:48

look............it's simple.............if u do stupid shit then it's your own fault and you should get your car taken away from you!!

stop worring bout the cops and go for a cruise Cool

But if lots of ppl on the cruise are doing stupid shit, the cops will be likely to pull EVERYONE over, and sticker those who they choose too.
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 07 October 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a cruise u say, at night u say Very Happy sounds damn fine to me even that i dont know u lot ill bring me sprinkler for a squirt Razz
where were u thinking of starting from? There is a nice big car park in shelley hidden away in suberbia...just as a suggestion

Adam
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 08 October 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Adam - I'll keep that one in mind! could come in handy.

Looks like the response is both positive and negative. Confused
so here's my 2 cents...
OldSkool Toys car club in no way approves of driving like an idiot and risking your life and more importantly someone elses life on any of our cruises!
That said, there is no way we can control the way everyone drives. If you are unhappy with the way someone is driving or worried about a group of cars cruising together attracting attention - then by all means, you are welcome to leave at any stage.

Those who do act up are ruining it for the rest of us who want to get together hassle free from the boys in blue. Its bad enuff having a modified car to attract the attention of the fuzz, but have someone ripping it up and that will just attract more unwanted attention.

The best cruises I've been on is the ones where there is a large group of modified cars and they all move together as a group from one point to another - This is usually achieved my travelling the speed limit. Remember people - its a cruise not a race!

I know all of the above is common sense and I don't want to deter anyone from coming along, but just thought I would have my say.

I still encourage everyone to come along! So far we haven't had any problems with the law *touches wood* Razz So i don't see any reason for it to start now.

I'm looking forward to catching up with people, new and old, and discussing all things car related.

Keep the interest coming people!!
Thanks!
DAMO
TRD 83

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 08 October 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some of the best cruises I've been on have been night. So no one spoil it! OK!? Very Happy
DuMp
Regular

June 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 08 October 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

well this is like my second post on this place, but im in. cos i dont recon any of u guys have got my car. the closest thing to my toyota is a T18 ... though the TE71 GT Apex looks so much better isnt as bad as that. and maybe ill laugh it up at all you sissys in AE86s with "power Steering" Shocked whos car is just like that other guys over there Rolling Eyes . AND EVEN IF MY CAR WAS THE FORERUNNER FOR THE AE86 BUT NEVER GOT ANY CREDIT. im not mad
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 08 October 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DuMp wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 20:56

well this is like my second post on this place, but im in. cos i dont recon any of u guys have got my car. the closest thing to my toyota is a T18 ... though the TE71 GT Apex looks so much better isnt as bad as that. and maybe ill laugh it up at all you sissys in AE86s with "power Steering" Shocked whos car is just like that other guys over there Rolling Eyes . AND EVEN IF MY CAR WAS THE FORERUNNER FOR THE AE86 BUT NEVER GOT ANY CREDIT. im not mad

so what is your car?
what are you talking about with that "power steering" remark?

i dont get it Confused
DuMp
Regular

June 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 08 October 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

so what is your car?
what are you talking about with that "power steering" remark?

AS i said Its and oldschool TE71 Levin GT Apex

didnt the AE86 come with power steering? The TE71 didnt, requires a lil heev ho for those quick wips.

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 08 October 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hardly any AE86's came with power steering.
TitMeat
Regular

August 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Fri, 08 October 2004 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i take it when you say oldskool cruise a 1990 celica cant come ??? Neutral my car is old
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sat, 09 October 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DuMp wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 20:56

the closest thing to my toyota is a T18 ... though the TE71 GT Apex looks so much better isnt as bad as that.

DuMp wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 22:48

AS i said Its and oldschool TE71 Levin GT Apex

no you didnt. you said your car looks like a T18 then you said how good looking you think the TE71 is.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sat, 09 October 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DuMp wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 18:56

i dont recon any of u guys have got my car... the TE71

You thought wrong dude!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sat, 09 October 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 13:55

DuMp wrote on Fri, 08 October 2004 18:56

i dont recon any of u guys have got my car... the TE71

You thought wrong dude!

Bahaha, how is the uber-TE71 coming along Clint?
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sat, 09 October 2004 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there with TOYCSX, the engine is going in next week i hope. If not i will come along either way. Cant wait guys!!! Very Happy Very Happy
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sun, 10 October 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just moved to Perth two months ago, and I'd love to come Smiley = My ST162 SX isn't anything special though Smiley =
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sun, 10 October 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buck naked / TitMeat - you're both more than welcome to come!! The more the merrier!! Very Happy

I thought everyone was gonna be scared off because its a night cruise.. but seems to be generating enough interest so far! Smile

Cheers
DAMO
TRD 83
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 11 October 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 16:27

I thought everyone was gonna be scared off because its a night cruise.. but seems to be generating enough interest so far! Smile

They are some of the best ones if you can keep the dickhead mentality out of them.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 11 October 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have to admit - from the people I have met so far it doesn't seem that anyone has any sexual reproductive organs protruding from their foreheads... so we should be all good! Razz

Damo
TRD 83
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 11 October 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might come along... and it should be in the Supra too, got baby back on the road today with new glass. I've got a couple of cool non-performance mods which I'm hoping I'll have installed by then... should be a bit of a show. Smile
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 11 October 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You know I will be there in the cress.If u guys are concerned about a yellow I should bring the RA60 unbolt the exhaust strap about 10 neons under it and run defence Laughing the cops wont look twice at any one else Very Happy

Its good to see people wont to keep the speeds down
suff
Regular

April 2004

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 11 October 2004 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoot Smile count me in for sure, the AE112 is due for a good run Smile, the extractors and new brakes will be on by then too! Ill even bing the missus!

can i ask a HUGE favour though, can some one remind me a few days before hand because i am shocking at remembering these things!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 11 October 2004 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/oldskooltoyota /

And as long as you check your email every few days, you won't miss it.
suff
Regular

April 2004

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 11 October 2004 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well as soon as some one accepts my membership I will do Smile thanks for the heads up... Also does anyone here know where is a good place to get a Cold Air Intake made up, i know all exhaust shops, but i have had some bad experiences with wankers so looking for any suggestions!
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 12 October 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Peewee... i was gonna mention the mailing list too! Razz
Suff - once you are on our mailing list, post that message around and I'm sure you'll get some feedback. Unfortunately i can't help tho. Rolling Eyes

Also fractoid, it would be good to see you down there with your wizz bang flash accessories! Smile Its always good to see some nice looking mk3's!

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83

buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 13 October 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just joined the Yahoo group and have posted pictures/info on the board. Looking forward to the cruise! Smiley =
chaser_89
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 13 October 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey im interested it will be my first time with the club ill be in my white cressida where about do you guys meet and what time or do we find that out later
Cool
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 13 October 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah dood - finer details are on the way.. once I get the map done.
Just stay tuned to this post for more info! Very Happy
Hope to see ya there!

Damo
TRD 83
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 14 October 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there!! The engine is in, and i pick up the car 2moro morning. So it will be all ready for a cruise.

Cant wait!! Very Happy Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 14 October 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damo,
I expect you to tell me on this cruise that you will be at Motorvation.

I don't care what your feeble excuse it Razz
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 14 October 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man - I can tell you now that I'll be a motorvation! ... can't say that my car will be tho! Razz Maybe in the carpark?! hehe
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 14 October 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Enter your damn car dude, you have no reason not to.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 14 October 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh - my car ain't nothin special.. yet! Razz
As i said in the Motorvation thread, 2006 - TRD 83 will be there!! Cool
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 14 October 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is special, its a neat Celica XX! There ain't many of those! Think of the fun, the cruise etc.

Or alternatively you could have a 7MGTE in there by then. Doesn't take long to swap an engine from one car to another identical one Wink
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Thu, 14 October 2004 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your car will be there Damo, complete with a 7MGTE

Infact, it will be 7MGTE by the end of November, coz I dont want that shit hanging around my garage for too long.
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Sat, 16 October 2004 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh hey fellas, RA40 will b joinin the crowd Razz
WH00t yeh finally
cyas there
laters,
Just hope my carbs are all good by then
BTW, anyone got a spar set of 18r-g linkages?
WaynO
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Mon, 18 October 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If my cars back together by then Id love to join in on this one...

see how we go!! Cool
SleekHer
Regular

March 2003
Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Tue, 19 October 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cya there guys!!!!

Oi Wayno bring Janelle too!!!!
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 20 October 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thinking of comming along to my first cruse!!
... anyone else with a 3T-GTEU? :DDDD
glytch
Occasional Poster

September 2004

Re: PERTH: OldSkool night cruise - 29/10/04 Wed, 20 October 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I will most likely come. Pending on permission from the boss
(she always seems to have me booked for a friday night Razz )

Would anyone object to my rocking up in a WRX? Wink
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:State Events Only - Final Warning
Next Topic:Perth: Drag Wars
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:40:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081088542938232 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.