Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GTII
Regular

May 2002
Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Fri, 08 October 2004 11:01 Go to next message
Hi Guys,

There is an excellent track day coming up this month at Sandown Raceway, hosted by NDSOC (Nissan Datsun Sports Owners Club) on the 17th of October.

The day is VERY cheap for a track/driver training day as the laps are not timed (cost = $85). This is ideal for those of you who have always wanted to see how your Toyota handles in true track conditions and you will be accompanied by a few other experienced Toyota owners who have driven the track many times.

You will need a few things to get your car "track ready", but all can be done quite easily without much envolvement.

1) You need a helmet
2) You need to be a member of a CAMS Affiliated Club, ie. MR2 Club!
3) You need to have a valid CAMS Level 2S (S=Speed) licence.
No test required, just download the form from the CAMS website and pay
the licence fee by credit card.

CAMS Level 2S (Speed) Licence Application Form: http://www.cams.com.au/downloads/competitors/2004/ Level2.pdf

4) You will need to get a 1kg Fire Extinguisher with a metal bracket!
This has to be mounted securely in your car within reach of the driver.

5) You will need a secondary bonnet strap (tie down) to make sure that
your
front bonnet is secure. This can be done on the day with a strap tied
around your bonnet hook and front tow point, very easy.

6) Lastly, once you are confident that you can satisfy all of the above,
download the Supp Regs (Supplementary Regulations) from the Track Day
Host's website (NDSOC), fill out entry form and send it with a cheque
to the postal address supplied in the Supp Regs.

NDSOC Supp Regs: http://www.rwdturbo.com/entry/NDSOC_Sandown-Supp-R egs_OCT2004.doc

I will be attending this track day as well as a few other Toyota/MR2 members. Therefore, if you are interested in attending, let me know so we can gauge numbers for the day! Hope to see some of you there, spectators also welcome!

PS. I have just mailed my entry in today.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 October 2004 11:05]

Send a private message to this user    
GTII
Regular

May 2002
Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Fri, 08 October 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheh..and as someone here on the forum always say .. Wink

SO no bullshit who wants to go and track their TOYOTA ??

[Updated on: Fri, 08 October 2004 11:04]

AE86 Levin Melbourne
Regular

May 2002
Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Fri, 08 October 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
howcome the lap time is not timed? so we have to time it ourself? or there's someone who will timed for us like the usual track day with AROCA/ Masarati club?
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Fri, 08 October 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it was a driver training day only GT , sound like fun GT but very close with the Maserati day coming up and i love giving those stuck up Porsche drivers a hard time to much .
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Fri, 08 October 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
too early for me yet!

But keep us informed of futi=ure events please GT !

im an intercooler and a front brake swap ( and of course paperwork ) away from having the car ready + considered safe to go out for a play - I wont take it out in "anger" as it is till i get those front brakes upgraded ..
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Sat, 09 October 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4.1 In the interest of driver safety in case of fire, all competitors will be required to be dressed in long legged trousers and long sleeved shirts, or other outer clothing made of non-synthetic, non-flammable material. No competitor will be permitted to participate with exposed limbs.

is gloves needed?

No driver will compete in an open car unless wearing goggles or a visor complying with A....

????

Damn no cams license!! Mad
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Sun, 10 October 2004 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm tossing up with this one, not sure if I can afford it at the moment. Need rear sway bar really bad. but would definatly a good day.
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Sun, 10 October 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IF your bonnet is rearward opening (early model celicas) do you need another bonnet latching?
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Sun, 10 October 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no.
al bonnets the open like the ta22's does, do not need aditional bonnet tiedowns. But just so you know, most people using road cars just use an old belt from a pair of pants as thier additional tiedown. me I have bonnet pins, but that was my choice to put to holes in a perfectly good bonnet.
Rinmax
Regular

September 2004
Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Sun, 10 October 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Wombat but I have to correct you there. If the car is Pre-1973 and it has the reverse type bonnet you still have to have a secondary bonnet restraint. This I know as I have just purchased a 72 ta22 and it requires bonnet pins to compete.
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Sun, 10 October 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry.
my bad
Rinmax
Regular

September 2004
Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Sun, 10 October 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I could be wrong but its better to be safe than sorry.
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Sun, 10 October 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good point
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Tue, 12 October 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also there is the last super sprint at the island on the 14 of november it would be good fun to have some fun with you guys there even the sr20 turbo i no the pulsar gtir isnt that fast around there so it would be good to see some fast cars if you guys are up to it PIARC super sprint 14 Nov
GTII
Regular

May 2002
Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Tue, 12 October 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CelicaRA45 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 20:35

also there is the last super sprint at the island on the 14 of november it would be good fun to have some fun with you guys there even the sr20 turbo i no the pulsar gtir isnt that fast around there so it would be good to see some fast cars if you guys are up to it PIARC super sprint 14 Nov

Damn...if someone can fix my diff (oil surge) and my rocker cover breather valve, then i will definitely be there!!! :/

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 11:54]

T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Tue, 19 October 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rinmax wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 18:35

Sorry Wombat but I have to correct you there. If the car is Pre-1973 and it has the reverse type bonnet you still have to have a secondary bonnet restraint. This I know as I have just purchased a 72 ta22 and it requires bonnet pins to compete.

Mine is 1974. Does that exclude me?
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Sandown Track Day 17th Oct by NDSOC Tue, 19 October 2004 09:57 Go to previous message
if it's a '74 then yeah. Ya just have to have a belt or something like that to hold it down.

nothing to major.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Calder this FRIDAY 23rd Oct cruise (date change)
Next Topic:teamBrock Driver Training - Sandown 28th Oct
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:19:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053050518035889 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.