Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » pre Drift-Day cruise AFTERMATH!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
robbo31
Newcomer

October 2004
icon8.gif  pre Drift-Day cruise AFTERMATH! Fri, 08 October 2004 16:48 Go to next message
Gday Folks, I attended the cruise and i can only say one thing, what an utter waste of police resources.... sending 5 cars and 6 officers out to Newton to try and defect as many cars as possible (yes they did say that Sad ), for over 2 hours. I for one am shocked and amazed at the actions of these officers, and would encourage anyone who came on the cruise to complain in all appropriate channels:

The Police cars in attendance were:
XQD 555
XQD 093
XQD 363
XQE 377
WQX 371

The Officers at the scene were: (only managed to get 1 name, but all numbers)

1964 (did not reveal name when asked politely .... i thought this was legal requirement if asked??)

And the channels for complaint:

SA Police:

SAPOL.Enquiries@police.sa.gov.au
Ph: 08 8207 5000

The Australian:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/secti...55ETE XT,00.html

The Advertiser:

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/secti...s^^TE XT,00.html

The ABC:

http://www.abc.net.au/contact/

A Current Affair:

P.O. Box 9
North Adelaide SA 5006

Ph: (08) 8267 0298

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/storyidea/story_ideas.as p

Today Tonight:

http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/contact_suggest

Again, Feel free to bombard the appropriate channels with complaints/suggestions.... practice your right to free speech!

This is also going up on Ausrotary, Toymods, and Nissansilvia.com, so feel free to put it up on any other forum you think of

Cheers
Robbo
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: pre Drift-Day cruise AFTERMATH! Fri, 08 October 2004 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so from my understanding:

you want to loge a complaint against officers because they caught you and others for illegal modifications to your cars?

I AM ALSO SHOCKED AND AMAZED, BUT RATHER, AT YOUR RETARDEDNESS

CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: pre Drift-Day cruise AFTERMATH! Sat, 09 October 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bahahahah, if this thread dont keep you entertained here is a pic of nark

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7084&rid=35&S=0a5be2549fd862d7ffe13ed5d2b343bd
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: pre Drift-Day cruise AFTERMATH! Sat, 09 October 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what you guys went on a cruise and got targetted by 5 cars setting up a defecting station?.

Firstly if your car is defectable its against the law. My reply to you is, you cant argue that you got defected. But unlike other peoples replys. I agree with you in that IT IS a total waste of police resources.

IT IS a farkn joke. If anything the government should setup a whole new group of regulators. Perhaps a squad of people that drive around from the RTA/EPA who setup such stations.

However using police is really fuckn stupid if you think about it.

It's like using Firemen to go to peoples houses and defecting peoples fireplaces for dodge structural integrity. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: I guess its not stupid to use police from the governments perspective in that.. they dont have to spend money to setup a new group of regulators.... and they reap a huge profit from an existing group of workers. I guess the real crime can wait.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 01:06]

robbo31
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: pre Drift-Day cruise AFTERMATH! Sat, 09 October 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quoting rob_RA40

"so from my understanding:

you want to loge a complaint against officers because they caught you and others for illegal modifications to your cars?

I AM ALSO SHOCKED AND AMAZED, BUT RATHER, AT YOUR RETARDEDNESS"

- Interesting response, and thanks for the abuse... i was directing my post more towards the misuse of police forces. I wasn't actually driving, and have a stock standard r31 skyline anyways, so i'm not complaining about them nabbing people for 'illegal modifications', rather that they felt it necessary to send out 5 cars, and 6 officers to blockade about 150 cars in a carpark, when they could have been doing something that would give greater meaning to their "service of the community"...

I would also advise you to think before you assume i am mentally deficient...
DelusionL
Occasional Poster

September 2002

Re: pre Drift-Day cruise AFTERMATH! Sat, 09 October 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the bullshit last night was power tripping arsholes on heat.

refusing to suply perosnal ID or names etc when requested adn being rude adn arrogant in their responces shows their disrespect towards the car community.
Why are we all now criminals for driving a nice car?
i own both a celica and an Rx7 and think this is a total waste of their resources when there is high speed car chases and ram rades and burglaries happeing in adelaide of high frequency.

last night once again showed that they do not realy care about the general automotive groups out there and are realy only out to be cunts.

abuse me all u like insult my inteligence, wont bother me it will only lower any form of respect u may ever have had. and i hope they rot in hell.
DelusionL
Occasional Poster

September 2002

Re: pre Drift-Day cruise AFTERMATH! Sat, 09 October 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

refusing to suply perosnal ID or names etc when requested adn being rude adn arrogant in their responces shows their disrespect towards the car community.
i own both a celica and an Rx7 and think this is a total waste of their resources when there is high speed car chases and ram rades and burglaries happeing in adelaide of high frequency.

last night once again showed that they do not realy care about the general automotive groups out there and are realy only out to be cunts.

abuse me all u like insult my inteligence, wont bother me it will only lower any form of respect u may ever have had. and i hope they rot in hell.
DelusionL
Occasional Poster

September 2002

Re: pre Drift-Day cruise AFTERMATH! Sat, 09 October 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: pre Drift-Day cruise AFTERMATH! Sat, 09 October 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 08:21

so from my understanding:

I AM ALSO SHOCKED AND AMAZED, BUT RATHER, AT YOUR RETARDEDNESS

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=47670&start=0&rid=5429&S=3a2a5de22bc b86a5b982451f8a416b11

rob_RA40, shut up and read this article.... I think this is the point that Robbo is trying to put across. Of course, anyone with illegle mods should expect to be defected, but when it gets to the point of 6 officers being sent to slap defects for anything and everything instead of protecting the community, it starts to get ridiculous.

Cheers,

Jeremy.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 12:18]

pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: pre Drift-Day cruise AFTERMATH! Sat, 09 October 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get your car off defect and move on

its been going on for years (anyone in sa remember the famous freedom carpark lock in?) and no amount of whinging will change it

the solution is to find something else to do on friday and saturday nights and take your cars out during daylight hours only on the weekend.
DelusionL
Occasional Poster

September 2002

Re: pre Drift-Day cruise AFTERMATH! Sat, 09 October 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lets hope this posts once...

Pro_Ke fill us in on the freedom carpark story.. it was before my time of being a criminal for driving a two door sports coupe...
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: pre Drift-Day cruise AFTERMATH! Sat, 09 October 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
many years ago in the mid 90s they blocked off shell/freedom carpark one sat night and went through every car with sniffer dogs etc, i think there were about 100 defects that night... made page 3 of the paper and the article said something about turbocharged rotaries using racing fuel were having illegal runs etc (in the freedom carpark? lol)

anyway it was huge at the time... i was there and remember it quite vividly, didnt even have a car there but i was still scared shitless by their intimidation... that was back in the good old days when you would see 20-30 old skool mazdas driving around every weekend Wink

there was another night a few years back, maybe 99 or 2000 when they actually blocked anzac highway off totally and directed EVERY SINGLE CAR through lecornu carpark for sniffer dog and RTA harassment... also made the papers but as usual nothing happened (lucky they didnt find the 20 kilos of heroin i had stashed in the ke10!)

moral of the story is : go out at night on a weekend and expect to be hassled
DelusionL
Occasional Poster

September 2002

Re: pre Drift-Day cruise AFTERMATH! Sat, 09 October 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh thanks pro_ke, i have haerd of these sorts of events. but only realy experienced last night and 3-4 other times of similer style occurnaces.. usualy scramble before hand.

been blocked in by patrol cars in my celica down lonsdale area.. parked nicely doing nothing except wtaching others have fun. ended up getting doen and defected for that night . the RX7 is safe so far...
Browny
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: pre Drift-Day cruise AFTERMATH! Sat, 09 October 2004 16:33 Go to previous message
lol get it off defect.... i wish it was as easy as it sounds. With regency being a fucking gay as they are now its gonna be a costly excercise to get off defect. All up i spent $1800 getting off defect last time and my car was hardly modified. Doesnt help when they defect u for twisted seatbelts and one bushing is worn so i have to replace them all (in the end it was found out that bushing was actually fine but i had to replace them all anyway due to having a blue marker on all of the bushes that the inspector put there).

They think that by pushing people like this making themselves look big n tough that it will make cruises stop when in reality if they push us we are only just gonna push back. Its not helping shit except getting the daily qouta off ass rapings.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sydney Rolla Club Offical Cruise To Blue Mountains Sunday 17TH
Next Topic: Cruiseto newport beach hosted by NSWcruises
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:37:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006598949432373 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.