Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » who did everyone vote for and why?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 12:43 Go to next message

who did you vote for?[ 50 vote(s) ]
1.howard 22 / 44%
2.lathin 19 / 38%
3.greenies 6 / 12%
4.other 3 / 6%

john howard has won the election. Just wondering who the toymodder members vote for and why and why not? Smile

i think i voted for lathin

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 12:45]

Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
before asking for our private votes (which i'm not gong to share) how about checking the spelling of the names?

oh, unless you lived in howards or latham's electorates, you wont have voted at all for them...

how about listing the political parties instead ... only american's are stupid enough to directly elect a president/prime-minister.

updat: you live in perth, latham is in victoria, you voted labor.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 12:47]

Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant belive that bush brownnoser got back in Mad
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted for the party wanting to lower fuel excise and beer costs. Seriously.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm happy to share.
I voted greens for house of reps, because I like some of the mods they will hopefully amke to liberal policy.
I was never particularly in doubt that libs would win the election, so on my white toilet roll I voted libs (dont get me wrong, latham had some good ideas, butwithout going in to an in-depth political debate, I'm reasonably happy with howard's runing of the country, a few key things aside, like HECS, hence the vote for green who want to reduce/abolish it)
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted Greens for pretty much the same reason as Draven, the Liberals had it from day 1 anyway Rolling Eyes

I'll tell you who I put last aswell, Family First. What scares me is that they polled a larger percentage then the Democrats, now is Australia really that conservative?

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i voted Latham...pff private votes Rolling Eyes

i know we cant trust howard anymore, he talks shit and never delivers. His economic management Rolling Eyes yeah sucking dick. They dont spend on public services (hospitals down the shitter and medicare is fuked) which means less spending = lower interest rates. Surpluses are huge coz of the gst and like 48% tax. The only reason labor have had higher interest rates is coz they actually delivered some of the promises that benefited people and not just their surplus.

He's cut funding to my uni which has 6 campuses. Its now getting $2 million over 3 years. Whereas Sydney Uni get $40 million/year Shocked Fukin co*ksucker

Cant believe he won

/end rant Very Happy

Mods - if you want something removed, just PM me

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 14:19]

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant fukkin believe Howard won,lucky for him 98% of the population is fukking stupid!!! no other PM has gone against the views of people more..shame on all u fuckstards that voted for the dickhead...Ill see you in the trenches when we start to fight another war that has nothing to do with Australia..

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 14:36]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 00:35

Ill see you in the trenches when we start to fight another war that has nothing to do with Australia..

that'll be after he gives george a few rounds up the pooper Twisted Evil
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How can you say Iraq had nothing to do with Australia?

Was Johnny meant to say sorry George, but Australia doesnt want to get involved in Iraq, we feel that you Americans can take care of yourselves? COME ON! We need america to protect us from the likes of indonesia, china, japan etc.

John Howard has done a great job as PM and my vote was for him. Hospitals and Schools no matter who is in governemnt always need more funding, its just a shame that this time its a crisis.

Latham in my opinion is too young, too soft, and too easily manipulated by those in his party that he wouldnt have made a good PM. We need some sort of national security in these times of terror and im glad we have John Howard to lead us in the fight against it.

Go George Bush and Go John Howard, you are both doing top jobs in hard times Very Happy
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 22:46

update: you live in perth, latham is in victoria, you voted labor.

Latham is in Werriwa, NSW Wink Go ahead and congratulate him M.Latham.MP@aph.gov.au

http://www.aph.gov.au/house/members/member.asp?id= K26

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 15:28]

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=thug_immortal wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 01:17]How can you say Iraq had nothing to do with Australia?

Was Johnny meant to say sorry George, but Australia doesnt want to get involved in Iraq, we feel that you Americans can take care of yourselves? COME ON! We need america to protect us from the likes of indonesia, china, japan etc.

John Howard has done a great job as PM and my vote was for him. Hospitals and Schools no matter who is in governemnt always need more funding, its just a shame that this time its a crisis.

Latham in my opinion is too young, too soft, and too easily manipulated by those in his party that he wouldnt have made a good PM. We need some sort of national security in these times of terror and im glad we have John Howard to lead us in the fight against it.

Go George Bush and Go John Howard, you are both doing top jobs in hard times Very Happy [/quot
hahaha yeh backing the US has made us real safe Rolling Eyes
as for them backing us,the only reason the US has ever backed a country is for financial or stratagic location benefit..2nd world war is a good example Rolling Eyes
What has happened to the US in regards to terrorism is well deserved,tell me you wouldnt want to fukk up the country the has caused the death and financial instability of your people because of their own needs and financial gain..If the US are so determined to tackle the threats to the western world then why the fukk is Nth Korea still kikn?? they signed a treaty and accepted a fukk off payment to stop their nuclear program but still kept it going for 10 YEARS. And when they got found out they stuck a big middle finger up at the US and said GO ON TRY IT!!!why hasnt the US gone after them? cause Nth Korea cant even feed themselves with their natural resources let alone have anything financially viable to mine or develop to fund the aftermath of an invasion.When you do some research other than what you are fed from our bias media and general propeganda ill respect ur judgement,otherwise keep chilln with the rest of the plebs that have no idea...

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 16:24]

lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 00:05

I cant fukkin believe Howard won,lucky for him 98% of the population is fukking stupid!!! no other PM has gone against the views of people more..shame on all u fuckstards that voted for the dickhead...Ill see you in the trenches when we start to fight another war that has nothing to do with Australia..

You dont seriously think that you can call everyone who didnt vote the way you wanted stupid?

Labour has lacked direction and solid leadership over the last 2 years, so its not suprising that they didnt get that much confidence from the public this election. I dont know if you have actually watched many parliament sessions but latham character now is completley different to how he was before he got into the head position.

To me it sounds like you are basing your views on the journalistic crap that we see. The liberal government has turned australia around from running massive budget defecits slowly so that we are now in surplus. Im not sure if you remember but the australian economy performed very well over the last few years economic instablilty due to various things.

Another thing if labour had been in power they WOULD have supported bush in the iraq campaign, so much of our defence budget spending and also weapons sales is tied with the US, as well as the upcoming free trade agreement with the US (at the time) there is no way Australia would have refused the US support at the time.

typically its the more educated people who vote liberal (even university students, all of the ones i know anyway voted liberal, despite the less favourible policys liberal has in comparison to labour)

ps your a moron have fun voting labour the rest of your life

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First of all
Surplus = BAD

I don't know how much you guys know about economics but good economic management means running counter-cyclical.

When the economy isn't going so well a government should run a defecit budget or at least decrease it's surplus to inject funds into the economy.
When you inject funds and create jobs, these people with money will spend thereby creating more money for other people and it's a long chain that keeps on going. This is known as the multiplier effect.
When the economy is in prosperity the government should save money so that it can be used when the economy isn't going so well. HOWARD WANTS TO SPEND $6,000,000,000!!!

You talk about interest rates. From 1996 the interest rates have been controlled by the RBA (Reserve Bank of Australia) NOT the government.
Secondly, Labor was in power when we had our worst ever interest rates in the 80's of 17%. However what most people don't know is that the changes you make don't often show their rewards for the next two decades (that's now).
Labor introduced FREE uni and as a result we now have HECS.
You guys know we're not getting a pension right?
The baby boomers (the largest demographic of Australians) are getting older. The majority of the population are baby boomers and in 15 years time we will be working our asses off to provide for them. Kiss our pension goodbye.
Do you know out of all the developed economies Australia has the second worst saving rate after New Zealand? Add to this the baby boomers problem and housing prices are out of control (we bought our house 2 years ago for $200,000 and it's now worth over $500,000)and it's going to be impossible for young people to afford their own home and live comfortably - and you think.. why the hell is John Howard spending OUR money?!
Luckily we have compulsory superannuation (a Labor initiative)!! If we didn't.. I don't even want to think about it.
Sure Latham wanted to spend money. He wanted to make childcare free. So much money would be spent on that .. right? Well his plan was to make childcare free for working parents. Now if this happened, a working mother could get herself a job and the money she pays on tax and her consumption (because now she has an income, and this leads on to the multiplier effect) would outweight the cost of providing the free service.
As for the Iraq conflict. Do you REALLY think America would spend millions of dollars to help these people out of the goodness of their hearts?
Funny how, for milk I think it was, Iraq has to import this from America instead of getting it CHEAPER from Australia. Hmmmmm...
People talk about terrorism. How many Iraqi's do you think had even heard of Australia before Johnny started touching Georgie boy? Not many, if any. (lol)

I wish the Australian public were more knowledgeable about the economy and didn't fall for the liberal scare tactic. Unfortunately, it's the only thing that pulled the liberals through.

Howard has claimed 12 times over public incidents that he wasn't informed or that he didn't know.
If our Prime Minister doesn't know what the f*ck is going on, he shouldn't be there. If our Prime Minister was LYING to us.. he can go and suck 10 d*cks.

Latham was completely honest. He even admitted to crash tackling a taxi driver and smoking weed. Yeah it's funny but he's at true blue Aussie and isn't afraid to be truthful. He also wanted to stop the Free Trade Agreement with the US (AUSTA).
Do you know that they basically get access to all our markets and we're left with virtually nothing. Literally.

I could argue more but it's 4am and I should be studying for my HSC Razz

Hope everyone votes Labor next time round.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 02:40

riceburna73 wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 00:05

You dont seriously think that you can call everyone who didnt vote the way you wanted stupid?

Labour has lacked direction and solid leadership over the last 2 years, so its not suprising that they didnt get that much confidence from the public this election. I dont know if you have actually watched many parliament sessions but latham character now is completley different to how he was before he got into the head position.

To me it sounds like you are basing your views on the journalistic crap that we see. The liberal government has turned australia around from running massive budget defecits slowly so that we are now in surplus. Im not sure if you remember but the australian economy performed very well over the last few years economic instablilty due to various things.

Another thing if labour had been in power they WOULD have supported bush in the iraq campaign, so much of our defence budget spending and also weapons sales is tied with the US, as well as the upcoming free trade agreement with the US (at the time) there is no way Australia would have refused the US support at the time.

typically its the more educated people who vote liberal (even university students, all of the ones i know anyway voted liberal, despite the less favourible policys liberal has in comparison to labour)

ps your a moron have fun voting labour the rest of your life

Mate I woted for Howard the first time.As for the defecit.. not hard when you halve funding to our health system,and start taxing East Timor of 2 billion dollars to say the least..If so called educated people like uni students are voting to keep a gov in power that has nearly doubled HEX fees then I am deeply disturbed!
As for backing the US,as usual ppl seem to think bowing down unconditionally to the US will help us in all areas,good luck!
There isnt a black and white line when backing the US, like All or nothing..it could have been handled alot better,we could have still kept our relationship without being seen as one of the three that have led the way in invading a country that really was no threat...as for me voting Labour all my life.

I will always maintain a broad and open view to all parties to ensure my vote is educated and just. On top of this I have studued politics, sociology and psychology if you want me to break out of lamens terms and show YOU how uneducated YOUR opinion is, PM me for an essay...

Everybody is intitled to their opinion, that is what we have,my first post was a reaction to hearing that Howard won and It,and it shocked me..but dont get me wrong, I deeply believe our country has made a very bad mistake not only internally but in the view of the rest of the world. We havent been able to stop some seriously bad policies HEAD ON! and show the rest of the world that we arnt just a mini-me version of the US..As I said,I cant wait to see you all in the trenches,but to be honest I hope i am wrong.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 18:21]

jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All people running for prime minister should have to sign a contract that says they have to do excatly as they say and not bullshit to the people.

The prime minister is spose to represent the australia people and whats in there best interest.

What is the thing Australian people want most?
Good health care system?

p.s. did anyone get mobbed by people handing out panflets and telling you who to vote for? cause i got mobbed when trying to walk into the school Confused

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 19:05]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and this is why political discussion is discouraged on the forums Razz

Things like "98% of the population is stupid because they edidn't vote like me"

This besides the fact that over 80% of the population just vote on gut feeling rather than an informed decision Smile

I'm gonna hop out of this debate now
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sat, 09 October 2004 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
extra note: me being a proper liberal (in the sense of having liberal views, not like our conservative liberal party) I put Fred Nile Party last.... I firmly believe religion has it's place in all societies, but that place does not involve direct involvement with politics. The curch has always had, and probably always will have, a moral influence on govt decisions, but from a 3rd party position.

Plus fred nile, being the ultra-conservative homophobic blah typical over 60 religious type is not the sort of person who I could match personalities with Smile

edit: although I'm *very* happy that one nation will most likely have no seats at all, polling around 1%. they sit below even Fred nile and the family first party for me.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2004 23:36]

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 03:56

First of all
Surplus = BAD

I don't know how much you guys know about economics but good economic management means running counter-cyclical.

When the economy isn't going so well a government should run a defecit budget or at least decrease it's surplus to inject funds into the economy.
When you inject funds and create jobs, these people with money will spend thereby creating more money for other people and it's a long chain that keeps on going. This is known as the multiplier effect.
When the economy is in prosperity the government should save money so that it can be used when the economy isn't going so well. HOWARD WANTS TO SPEND $6,000,000,000!!!

You talk about interest rates. From 1996 the interest rates have been controlled by the RBA (Reserve Bank of Australia) NOT the government.
Secondly, Labor was in power when we had our worst ever interest rates in the 80's of 17%. However what most people don't know is that the changes you make don't often show their rewards for the next two decades (that's now).
Labor introduced FREE uni and as a result we now have HECS.
You guys know we're not getting a pension right?
The baby boomers (the largest demographic of Australians) are getting older. The majority of the population are baby boomers and in 15 years time we will be working our asses off to provide for them. Kiss our pension goodbye.
Do you know out of all the developed economies Australia has the second worst saving rate after New Zealand? Add to this the baby boomers problem and housing prices are out of control (we bought our house 2 years ago for $200,000 and it's now worth over $500,000)and it's going to be impossible for young people to afford their own home and live comfortably - and you think.. why the hell is John Howard spending OUR money?!
Luckily we have compulsory superannuation (a Labor initiative)!! If we didn't.. I don't even want to think about it.
Sure Latham wanted to spend money. He wanted to make childcare free. So much money would be spent on that .. right? Well his plan was to make childcare free for working parents. Now if this happened, a working mother could get herself a job and the money she pays on tax and her consumption (because now she has an income, and this leads on to the multiplier effect) would outweight the cost of providing the free service.
As for the Iraq conflict. Do you REALLY think America would spend millions of dollars to help these people out of the goodness of their hearts?
Funny how, for milk I think it was, Iraq has to import this from America instead of getting it CHEAPER from Australia. Hmmmmm...
People talk about terrorism. How many Iraqi's do you think had even heard of Australia before Johnny started touching Georgie boy? Not many, if any. (lol)

I wish the Australian public were more knowledgeable about the economy and didn't fall for the liberal scare tactic. Unfortunately, it's the only thing that pulled the liberals through.

Howard has claimed 12 times over public incidents that he wasn't informed or that he didn't know.
If our Prime Minister doesn't know what the f*ck is going on, he shouldn't be there. If our Prime Minister was LYING to us.. he can go and suck 10 d*cks.

Latham was completely honest. He even admitted to crash tackling a taxi driver and smoking weed. Yeah it's funny but he's at true blue Aussie and isn't afraid to be truthful. He also wanted to stop the Free Trade Agreement with the US (AUSTA).
Do you know that they basically get access to all our markets and we're left with virtually nothing. Literally.

I could argue more but it's 4am and I should be studying for my HSC Razz

Hope everyone votes Labor next time round.

here here!!!, you were able to word things alot better than me at 4 am Cool
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I never vote for whoever is in power. I think that one term is enough, and when they get in for a stack of terms then the hubris sets in and they get worse. One good thing about the USA is they limit the terms to 2 - Not the actual party, but the person.

I vote on what they've done - not what they promising and bullshitting to the people. So, the Libs gave us GST (and bugger all tax releif, which was supposed to be coming due to the GST), they stuffed up education, they brought us into a war and have made us a terrorist target (there are other ways to support our US allies rather than sending in troops), they lied about babies overboard, they like chopping down trees and they had a huge surplus to spend on the shallow-voter for this election promises - instead of using these funds to actually do things. And, they've got Costello - I think he's the biggest dick around. Howard, IMO, is a bare-faced lier and I don't trust anything he says or does.

But, in the end, they're all asswipes and I think you've got to be somewhat demented to go into politics.

seeyuzz
river
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 and riceburna seem like the smartest ones in here (and me) Razz

Budget surpluses ($7billion or so last time). Guess where it came from? Less funding to hospitals, fucking up medicare and the GST. Now they want me to pay $80000 for a uni education? get fuked, they all got it for free so why the fuck do i have to pay nearly $100000, and also have a chance to buy a house in this lifetime ?

If they didnt implement the GST and actually funded hospitals and public services, what would their budget be like? Iraq is gonna be another Vietnam, we had no business there and are now paying for it with petrol prices and deaths and all the shit.

As for howard spending $6billion? we wouldnt see him spend $3billion, coz he's full of shit Evil or Very Mad
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love how under 25's didnt get a mention in anything of any party this election. poor form.

oh except for being shafted over HECS...

baby boomers have full sway of everything this country. and are going to bleed us dry for their pension when they get old. Sad
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wish i could remember the title of a short sci fi story that was about a planet that was populated by humans and lizards and the lixards were the more consumate politicians...(wanders off topic there, sorry) ... the point of the story being that the humans never really cared for who they voted for as a lizard always got in.

... is so frustrating to see the things that i voted for and supported when i first was able to vote (>15years ago) being torn apart (like pre-hecs tertiary education, universal medical coverage, green economics and development, multiculturalism, gender equality, social justice, better workplaces, etc).

i'm not really sure whether this country's the right place to live in anymore... it's become something that cares for none of us, regardless of our seat on the political circle Sad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are plenty of worse places to live in the world :\

I always used to say germany would be great, free uni and all. but there's currently a strong "we're almost but not quite nazi" political movement there, so it's dropped down my list of cool places to live.

Any govt (america being a shining example) that gives people with more money places in uni over smarter people is just demented. I have no objections to a "small" hecs fee - a bit lower than what it is now. That way you limit the number of people who would just go as a free cool place to be. All these paid positions and talk about increases just shits me tho - even as it is now, students who are smart but not rich (like me) walk out of their 3 years undergrad and 3 years postgrad with a tenbs of thousands in debt hanging over their head

edit: my spelling sucks

[Updated on: Sun, 10 October 2004 08:44]

mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i voted for the greens on the sheet with not many boxes and the help end marijuana prohibition party on the sheet with heaps. the greens coz of all those mad forests in tas which are gonna get dozed and the other guys for quite obvious reasons. and the only thing i hate more than politicians is random idiots who know no more than me about politics trying to tell me how to vote.

chris
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not vote greens?
they're looking at decrim/legalisation of pot, and they actually have a political agenda Razz
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
greens are the only party with any focus on my demographic
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ditto
the reason we get screwed is we're a small demographic, the baby boomers are now old farts.... and the 2 major parties wonder why the greens poll so maazing well between 18-25 year olds
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draven
Alot of european countries have totally free education, but they also have a nasty tax rate too :0
Denmark is a good example, penpal i've had since primary school(i forget how i was roped into it Razz) has a cousin living in Melbourne going to uni there...being paid for by her Government! She also gets an allowance(like ausstudy).

I voted Greens, Liberals then Labor...and the other 5 votes were random with the one nation member at number 8
I put the Liberal party as my second preference because they have a few points on improving the situation for apprentices which directly affects me.
Greens were first because..well its already been discussed before in this thread(not by me..but others)
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since I live in Werriwa mark Lathams seat I would be one of the few who voted against him ,I hate him he is the biggest tool, hyprocrit that ever existed, whining about the media bringing his family into the election yet poses with them in adds and uses his wife to introduce him for conferences. I so wanted him to lose werriwa it would have been classic but with the demographics of the area the liberals were never going to get up.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The invasion of iraq was for purely political gain with a free trade agreement with the US.

Not a big fan of the allied forces, but i understand the reasoning behind it. Sure the farmers got shafted in the FTA, but some exporters are alot better off.

As was mentioned above, neither party had policies that affected me directly.

As such i voted for little johnny......oh and i guess he is also my local member.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and the only thing i hate more than politicians is random idiots who know no more than me about politics trying to tell me how to vote.

chris[/quote]

Ur right man, I do apologise for sounding like a fucktard Razz I was a bit pissed at the time and had only just found out the results..everybody is entitled to their opinion and vote and dont need shit rammed down their throats..well unless ur German and into that type of stuff Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Sat, 09 October 2004 22:46

before asking for our private votes (which i'm not gong to share) how about checking the spelling of the names?

oh, unless you lived in howards or latham's electorates, you wont have voted at all for them...

how about listing the political parties instead ... only american's are stupid enough to directly elect a president/prime-minister.

updat: you live in perth, latham is in victoria, you voted labor.

Wow. You're so cool.

I voted Democrats (Don't forget them!), Greens, Labour, other stuff.

I don't understand how Howard got back in. I really don't. Can we get back to the important things? Like free Hospitals! Easier less complex tax systems. Less tax breaks for people who need it least (very rich people). Ahh whatever. In many ways Australia is heading for the toilet.

Backing the US into Afghanistan was fine. I don't think we should throw in our lot with America so easily, but whatever.

Attacking Iraq was blatant money grabbing bullshit. They went against the U.N. and got angry when people decided not to join them. WTF? Wasn't it actually an illegal invasion if it's not sanctioned by the U.N.? Not that the UN can do anything about it as they have no real power.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 19:27

Draven
Alot of european countries have totally free education, but they also have a nasty tax rate too :0
Denmark is a good example, penpal i've had since primary school(i forget how i was roped into it Razz) has a cousin living in Melbourne going to uni there...being paid for by her Government! She also gets an allowance(like ausstudy).

I voted Greens, Liberals then Labor...and the other 5 votes were random with the one nation member at number 8
I put the Liberal party as my second preference because they have a few points on improving the situation for apprentices which directly affects me.
Greens were first because..well its already been discussed before in this thread(not by me..but others)

Who cares if you get taxed higher if the important things are taken care of? I wouldn't mind paying more tax if I wasn't terrified that I need to save up just in case I get sick when I'm older, or need to send my kids to school later in life. If those things where free like they should be, I wouldn't be so worried, and I wouldn't care that I got less in my pocket personaly.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 19:44

Since I live in Werriwa mark Lathams seat I would be one of the few who voted against him ,I hate him he is the biggest tool, hyprocrit that ever existed, whining about the media bringing his family into the election yet poses with them in adds and uses his wife to introduce him for conferences. I so wanted him to lose werriwa it would have been classic but with the demographics of the area the liberals were never going to get up.

LOL we seem to disagree alot corona
Wouldn't you whine if people started personally attacking your family?
It's not hypocritical for him to pose with his family or for his wife to introduce him, he is showing everyone his open nature and that he is a family man. He was complaining people were insulting his family, and fair enough.
Can I ask how old you are corona and your reasons for voting for Howard apart from Latham being a "tool"?
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 02:26

Wow. You're so cool.

I voted Democrats (Don't forget them!), Greens, Labour, other stuff.

I don't understand how Howard got back in. I really don't. Can we get back to the important things? Like free Hospitals! Easier less complex tax systems. Less tax breaks for people who need it least (very rich people). Ahh whatever. In many ways Australia is heading for the toilet.

Backing the US into Afghanistan was fine. I don't think we should throw in our lot with America so easily, but whatever.

Attacking Iraq was blatant money grabbing bullshit. They went against the U.N. and got angry when people decided not to join them. WTF? Wasn't it actually an illegal invasion if it's not sanctioned by the U.N.? Not that the UN can do anything about it as they have no real power.

The UN can't stop America. It was illegal. Funny how America's excuse was the weapons of mass destruction and then they didn't turn up and now it's back to we have to save the world from the evil dictator.
In the WTO talks every country agrees to lower protection, the only country that hasn't been up to par is America and they are a huge power. America keep appealing against decisions and whilst appealing, the situation stays the same. So effectively, they can continue to appeal forever and we don't gain anything from them whilst they reap the benefits of other countries.
Johnny let them enter our markets as I said before and we don't have access to theirs.
Someone PLEASE tell me how that is 'good economic management'. I'll sell you all my posessions and be your slave for life if you can.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 19:49

The invasion of iraq was for purely political gain with a free trade agreement with the US.

Not a big fan of the allied forces, but i understand the reasoning behind it. Sure the farmers got shafted in the FTA, but some exporters are alot better off.

As was mentioned above, neither party had policies that affected me directly.

As such i voted for little johnny......oh and i guess he is also my local member.

Farmers got shafted? What about sugar? Our exporters are NOT alot better off. We gain almost nothing.
Why do people assume that we will be better off. Actually, I know the answer. Most governments help their country out rather than suck other leaders' d*cks.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Sun, 10 October 2004 19:27

Draven

What were the liberals' policies in regards to apprenticeships? I know Labor wanted to bump that up and give further incentives for people willing to take on apprentices etc. Part of their push for better education.
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Sun, 10 October 2004 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift-
I agree!!!
What shits me most about the 'baby boomers' is the constant references (mainly from the US) made in the media to the great 'revolution' that they started in the 60s. How self important can you be? What a crock! The world seems just as full of fear, ignorance and hate now as it was in the 50s. What's worse is that we are a country lead by a man with 1950s values! The guy lived with his parents until he was 32 FFS.

Of course I'm being VERY general here...

Oh yeah, - greens and labour

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate how Abbott took care of visiting a private instead of public hospital when he got kidney stones. He said he "didnt want to take up a bed in a public hospital". I was like WTF, there arent any beds in public hospitals, he'd still be waiting for a bed 24hours later Mad

I'd agree Afghanistan was good, they concentrated on it and got results. Then went for Iraq illegally and havent achieved anything except catching saddam, but sustaining 2000deaths. Fukin idiots
moo4AGZETA22
Regular

April 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I voted Labor for my Federal Representative Duncan Kerr. He won his seat.
I voted Green otherwise.
The Labor old growth logging policy in Tasmania POSSIBLY cost Federal labor 2 seats. It also turned another Labor seat into a marginal seat.
I believe in logging, but I believe in plantation logging. I also believe that Tasmania should set-up a worlds best practice pulp mill to refine the wood chip and on-sell the technology. Our policy of logging raw woodchips, exporting them and then buying them back at a much greater price when refined is less than ideal. I.E. downright stupid.
As has been highlighted previously in this thread, mass government spending with an improving world economy will only lead to an increase in inflation, which will lead to an increase in interest rates etc, etc.
The Government should have been spending whilst rates are low, and decrease its spending as rates go up. The reverse of what it has done, and what it is promising in the future. I cannot see the Federal Liberal party spending as much as they claim, as it will lead to excess stimulus in the Australian Economy as world rates increase.
The purchase of the JSF (Joint Strike Fighter) could be looked at unfavourably be our neighbours. What intents do we have when purchasing an aircraft with a high level of stealth capabilities.
Why have we purchased an aircraft with a comparatively short range and only a single engine when Australia requires long range aircraft(due to geogragic size) and a lot of over water flying.
Single engine fighters are not looked at as favourably when over-water flying is involved (lack of redundancy).
Why is the Federal Government evaluating to purchase (most likely) stealth cruise missiles?
Then there's HECS, hospitals, health and the consistent failure of both parties to fix the taxing of superannuation.
End rant.

Cheers,
Justin

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 11:07

I hate how Abbott took care of visiting a private instead of public hospital when he got kidney stones. He said he "didnt want to take up a bed in a public hospital". I was like WTF, there arent any beds in public hospitals, he'd still be waiting for a bed 24hours later Mad

I'd agree Afghanistan was good, they concentrated on it and got results. Then went for Iraq illegally and havent achieved anything except catching saddam, but sustaining 2000deaths. Fukin idiots

Saddam was an arsehole, and he should have been thrown out much earlier. I just don't think America cares about any of that. I don't think Iraq will be better off now, even though Saddam is gone.

I don't think there should be any Private healthcare. We have a right to be well. Or if there is private healthcare, politicians shouldn't be able to go on it. They also shouldn't be allowed to send their children to private schools. Of course we wouldn't need these measures if they would just be intelligent and actually give everyone a "fair go".
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some good points moo4AGZETA22. Why are we spending so much on Military? So we can invade Iraq and be targeted by terrorists?

Why hasn't anyone sat down and discussed what the terrorists want? They want something thats for sure. I don't think bombing them is gonna stop them. I think it's gonna whip them into more of a frenzy.

And as far as the new airport security goes, I hopped on a plain from Cairns to Melbourne last year. I walked through the metal detectors with my keys in my pocket and they didn't go off. Thats more than enough metal to be a knife or some other weapon.
So where is our security? A large section of border between America and Canada and a large part of the coast landing area is only patrolled by one man. Someone could easily just walk across the border into America, or sail in. The fact is it's impossible to defend your country against these kinds of attacks.

The only chance you have is to get everyone to the point where they can't be bothered killing you, and bombing them isn't the way to do that. Even if they still hate you, if they are well fed, not in any direct harm, and have somewhere to live, they are less likely to wanna give their lives to kill you. And as demonstrated by the last few thousand years of combat, it is actually possible to defend yourself against someone who doesn't want to die.
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spot the budding pollies..

Due to the complete lack of choices, I voted Greens for Lower house and a vote to the donkey on the toilet roll. Viva the 2 party system, where you can choose to either be f*cked or scr*wed, your preference.

PS i always had a feeling Labour would lose out (despite the Worm), but not in such a crushing defeat. Proves the point we aussies are becoming more selfish and self centred - more American - every year.

tom.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I decided not to vote at all this time.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
University degrees are set to increase by almost 1000% in the next 3 years. Up to 150,000 dollars for a degree, from 15000.. This will be done by the Howard Government. Another step towards the corporatisation of education. Was anyone here planning on going to Uni at any point in the next fifty years? Or perhaps hoping your children might? Guess what, you just added a tenth of a million dollars to their higher education bill. Maybe we should start thinking about how our decisions now affect future generations, hmm?

This man lied to us just before every previous election, causing media furore which shadowed any real critical or insightful debate on almost any other subject. Can you even remember the last six scandals he was involved in, where he was accused of lying by multiple sources? Does the voting public in this country have any memory whatsoever beyond what they saw on television last night?

One of those lies he told was about refugees throwing their children overboard in order to be picked up by the navy. Irrelevant of whether this occurred and for whatever reason it did, the fact that the leader of a democratic country tried to highlight the possible actions of one desperate, homeless REFUGEE, to demonise an entire group of people, namely REFUGEES, is a travesty of the position of Prime Minister. What kind of man takes this shamelessly cheap political move at the expense of thousands of people's lives?? What happened to the idea that refugees were people to be helped? The idea that this is what the point of civilisation is? To help others in need, as a unified race. When did refugees become boat people, and something to be feared? How many people in this call centre are the children of "boat people", or immigrants themselves? How many of you voted to keep John Howard in power? How many voted for fear and intolerance?

Feel like breathing for the next twenty years? Howard still refuses to sign the Kyoto protocol, which reduces greenhouse gas emissions. Australia is one of the largest producers of greenhouse gas. Australia is afflicted with high skin cancer rates due to the whole in the ozone layer, which is caused by, among other things, greenhouse gases. Way to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Interest rates have absolutely nothing to do with who the Prime Minister is or what his party policies are. Either way, statistics for the last fifty years show that no particular party has any propensity for delivering a strong economic system. Do you really understand what this means? Any pathetic squabbling about interest rates, and which party provides best for Australia, is not only irrelevant, it is used as a smokescreen to obscure real, meaningful issues. Well done Australia, you just demonstrated the intelligence of a donkey following a carrot attached to a string.

By the way, do any of you disagree with the fact that if two people fall in love they should be able to marry? I'm sure some of you more sheltered people have a problem with gay marriage, as completely ignorant and prejudiced a position as that is, but I hope most of you would not. Howard is trying to ban gay marriage. Why? What right does anyone have to stop two people declaring their love and joining for life? What kind of educated, intelligent person would fight to put barriers between groups in our society, to increase hatred and homophobia? The man you just voted for PM. Some of you reading this probably agree that gay marriage, and even homosexuality is wrong, or something to be frowned upon, maligned, joked about and derided. You people can now leave the human race and take a trip back to 1950. Get a brain you sub-human neanderthal dolts.

This man joined a costly war on a country we have no interest in, war with no justification, an invasion of a foreign country. The Australian Defense Force attacks. Iraq never fired a shot. We attacked them. Us, The US, Britain and ... Poland. Oh and the mighty Cook Islands, can't forget them. The rest of the world looked on in horror, Australia joined the bloodshed. Australia is now internationally considered to be a bigoted, somewhat insular country with weak leadership due to our immigration laws and our toadying to US diplomats. We have alienated our closest major partner, Indonesia, a country with one of the largest muslim populations in the world.

Do any of you remember, back before this horrible war, the majority of Australians did not believe our country should join the attack? We wanted to wait for the UN. We as a people placed faith in the unifying global entity, as we should. Then the US attacked anyway. Suddenly, a year or so later, you've all forgotten this! How strange! Your principles have changed! Not so strong in purpose as we thought then.

Justifications for war :
WMD? No evidence.
WMD potential? No.
Links to terrorism? Not until the invasion, which turned Iraqi nationalists into soldiers fighting the invading troops. (Nationalists then dubbed terrorists. You know what? If the US invades sydney, I'll be performing guerilla warfare on their troops as well. As much as I now think the citizens of this country are dumber than cheese, I would fight for my homeland. If an oppressive warring nation attacked me, that is.)
Liberation of an oppressed people? So when does the US start on the south American conutries it helped to become fascist states with oppressive murderous regimes? When do they go into Sudan? Those countries don't have oil? Oh.. Well don't bother then. The overriding intention to remove all fascist dictators seems to not apply to any other fascist dictator. The government wouldn't lie to us like that, surely? Hah.

So why did we join the war Johnny?
For a trade agreement with the US which rips us off, then forces us to lower locally-produced content on our television? Excuse me? A Free-Trade agreement which has sections dictating what we watch on television?! Call me paranoid, but this smacks of cultural imperialism to me. Way to go.

Next time you self-interested, money-focused NIMBY liberals vote, try to think about what kind of world this is turning out to be. We have global networks of communication enabling us to create world-wide communities. We have the potential to create an amazing society with the tools we already have now, who knows what will happen in the future. Why waste your vote by using it to create more fear and intolerance. To turn Australia into another bloated, insular western society.

What did you vote for? Think about it.

Sad day for Australia. I just lost respect for my country, my people. I just lost respect for most of you as well. I know it won't be appreciated by most of you. I hope none of you are offended, but I am not apologetic. Take a look at the world outside your picket fences. And fear.

(ps. was written by a friend of mine at work.)

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2004 06:45]

mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy crap
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah and riceburna, sorry if you thought that was directed at you dude i actually was talking about my gf who spent the entire time we were lined up at the polling booths trying to tell me to vote the way she was.

chris
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find it interesting that everyone seems to be voting Greens as an alternative vote. What happened to the Democrates? A major (if not the main) contributing factor was that the Green's leader Bob Brown managed to get his face on the TV. He has media ties so managed to get himself far more attention. This scares the hell outta me, that a party can this easily "buy" votes. It was working on me, I was gonna vote Green untill I spoke to my mother who reminded me that the Democrates exsist. I though "Oh... why didn't I think to vote for them?".

I don't think govornment parties should be allowed to advertise on TV like they do. They shouldn't be able to buy advertising time. Each party should be allotted time so that the Liberals, ALP, Greens, Democrates and the rest all get the same amount of air time. The air time should be payed for by the Fedoral Govornment, and the filming of the comercials should be subsidised by them too so everyone has a fair go. The advertisements should be based on policy rather than slander compagns and should be closely monitored by a board of independent reviewers.

ae86drift, your friend and I think the same.
I'm considering moving to France or something (and I'm not even joking).

Australia: The smallest country in the world.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good point about the advertising. seeing that greens bloke talking on tv so much definately influenced my vote. but just coz our pollies are a bunch of wankers dosnt mean aus is no longer a mad place to live. i love austrlia and wouldnt even dream of moving to another country merely because of polatics

chris
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 17:31

good point about the advertising. seeing that greens bloke talking on tv so much definately influenced my vote. but just coz our pollies are a bunch of wankers dosnt mean aus is no longer a mad place to live. i love austrlia and wouldnt even dream of moving to another country merely because of polatics

chris

Education for the rich, health, once again only for the rich. Faster transport for those who are better off (tollways). I don't wanna support a country that has damned it's future. I don't want to live in that future.

Politicians run the country, and while there are some good nice people here, there are a lot of idiots, as demonstrated by Howard getting back in.

EDIT: Oh and the pullution thing too. Our govornment is acting like spoilt children with the Kioto (sp?) accord. We aren't a freeking poor 3rd world country. Why should we be allowed to dump more pullution? The answer is we shouldn't, and Howard and his govornment (must be carefull to iconise someone too much) is acting like a bunch of greedy babies.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2004 07:38]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift - your mate knows his stuff Very Happy One of the only few people that look beyond what they saw/heard little johnny pull out of his arse the day before

Theres no chance in hell spend on 1/2 the things he said he would, and i would attack any dickheads thinking of invading Oz, although it doesnt seem to be worth it anymore, coz we're going down the shitter just like the US Evil or Very Mad

PS - they're the ones that put Saddam into power in the 80's or whatever

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And the Taliban.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift I agree entirely
I was arguing the same stuff as you at school but you know what I found out? Too many Australians are uninformed so the only way to win is to pick faults seeing as nobody seems to understand the benefits of what each party is proposing. The Australian public obviously got scared by the stupid interest rate thing.
It really annoys me because it's our demographic that are going to suffer because we are a minority Sad
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Australia seems to have forgotten that the liberal government thus far has been kept in check by a moderating Senate.
forgetting that if they control senate, then things will be very very different.. no need to make deals and appease teh greens or democrats.. just "push thru" whatever they want.

if the liberals do get the senate....

1.apprentices and unfair dismissal laws? LOL Laughing don't make me laugh..0
2.sale of Telstra.. say goodbye to regional services (it would put the T3 price down if they held the regs in too tight)
3.cross-media ownership laws.. ahh media diversity Wink
funding cuts, US butt-licking, all their pre-goverment fantasies will come true Very Happy

As little jaohnny was saying today, it will give them the opportunity to push thru all the things they feel strongly about.

Australian politics is fading toward the US style, being dominated by corporations (Mr Packer Jnr's very public endorsement near campaign end) and the christian right movement (Family First is just the tip of the iceberg.. they got over a mil in public donations, which is not bad for a starting party)

/end rant.... glad i'm leaving the country for a while Wink
Cya, Stewart
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Mon, 11 October 2004 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh I forgot about the senate.
A good point indeed.
I have faith that we'll all get f*cked over and everyone can vote Labor next time round.

NO PAIN NO GAIN Sad
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Tue, 12 October 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So who sees this "democracy" as just that? Personally, when Honest John sent our troops over to Iraq against the wishes of the majority of Australians, my thread of belief that we do live in a democracy flew out the window.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Tue, 12 October 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 16:11

University degrees are set to increase by almost 1000% in the next 3 years. Up to 150,000 dollars for a degree, from 15000.. This will be done by the Howard Government. Another step towards the corporatisation of education. Was anyone here planning on going to Uni at any point in the next fifty years? Or perhaps hoping your children might? Guess what, you just added a tenth of a million dollars to their higher education bill. Maybe we should start thinking about how our decisions now affect future generations, hmm?

This man lied to us just before every previous election, causing media furore which shadowed any real critical or insightful debate on almost any other subject. Can you even remember the last six scandals he was involved in, where he was accused of lying by multiple sources? Does the voting public in this country have any memory whatsoever beyond what they saw on television last night?

One of those lies he told was about refugees throwing their children overboard in order to be picked up by the navy. Irrelevant of whether this occurred and for whatever reason it did, the fact that the leader of a democratic country tried to highlight the possible actions of one desperate, homeless REFUGEE, to demonise an entire group of people, namely REFUGEES, is a travesty of the position of Prime Minister. What kind of man takes this shamelessly cheap political move at the expense of thousands of people's lives?? What happened to the idea that refugees were people to be helped? The idea that this is what the point of civilisation is? To help others in need, as a unified race. When did refugees become boat people, and something to be feared? How many people in this call centre are the children of "boat people", or immigrants themselves? How many of you voted to keep John Howard in power? How many voted for fear and intolerance?

Feel like breathing for the next twenty years? Howard still refuses to sign the Kyoto protocol, which reduces greenhouse gas emissions. Australia is one of the largest producers of greenhouse gas. Australia is afflicted with high skin cancer rates due to the whole in the ozone layer, which is caused by, among other things, greenhouse gases. Way to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Interest rates have absolutely nothing to do with who the Prime Minister is or what his party policies are. Either way, statistics for the last fifty years show that no particular party has any propensity for delivering a strong economic system. Do you really understand what this means? Any pathetic squabbling about interest rates, and which party provides best for Australia, is not only irrelevant, it is used as a smokescreen to obscure real, meaningful issues. Well done Australia, you just demonstrated the intelligence of a donkey following a carrot attached to a string.

By the way, do any of you disagree with the fact that if two people fall in love they should be able to marry? I'm sure some of you more sheltered people have a problem with gay marriage, as completely ignorant and prejudiced a position as that is, but I hope most of you would not. Howard is trying to ban gay marriage. Why? What right does anyone have to stop two people declaring their love and joining for life? What kind of educated, intelligent person would fight to put barriers between groups in our society, to increase hatred and homophobia? The man you just voted for PM. Some of you reading this probably agree that gay marriage, and even homosexuality is wrong, or something to be frowned upon, maligned, joked about and derided. You people can now leave the human race and take a trip back to 1950. Get a brain you sub-human neanderthal dolts.

This man joined a costly war on a country we have no interest in, war with no justification, an invasion of a foreign country. The Australian Defense Force attacks. Iraq never fired a shot. We attacked them. Us, The US, Britain and ... Poland. Oh and the mighty Cook Islands, can't forget them. The rest of the world looked on in horror, Australia joined the bloodshed. Australia is now internationally considered to be a bigoted, somewhat insular country with weak leadership due to our immigration laws and our toadying to US diplomats. We have alienated our closest major partner, Indonesia, a country with one of the largest muslim populations in the world.

Do any of you remember, back before this horrible war, the majority of Australians did not believe our country should join the attack? We wanted to wait for the UN. We as a people placed faith in the unifying global entity, as we should. Then the US attacked anyway. Suddenly, a year or so later, you've all forgotten this! How strange! Your principles have changed! Not so strong in purpose as we thought then.

Justifications for war :
WMD? No evidence.
WMD potential? No.
Links to terrorism? Not until the invasion, which turned Iraqi nationalists into soldiers fighting the invading troops. (Nationalists then dubbed terrorists. You know what? If the US invades sydney, I'll be performing guerilla warfare on their troops as well. As much as I now think the citizens of this country are dumber than cheese, I would fight for my homeland. If an oppressive warring nation attacked me, that is.)
Liberation of an oppressed people? So when does the US start on the south American conutries it helped to become fascist states with oppressive murderous regimes? When do they go into Sudan? Those countries don't have oil? Oh.. Well don't bother then. The overriding intention to remove all fascist dictators seems to not apply to any other fascist dictator. The government wouldn't lie to us like that, surely? Hah.

So why did we join the war Johnny?
For a trade agreement with the US which rips us off, then forces us to lower locally-produced content on our television? Excuse me? A Free-Trade agreement which has sections dictating what we watch on television?! Call me paranoid, but this smacks of cultural imperialism to me. Way to go.

Next time you self-interested, money-focused NIMBY liberals vote, try to think about what kind of world this is turning out to be. We have global networks of communication enabling us to create world-wide communities. We have the potential to create an amazing society with the tools we already have now, who knows what will happen in the future. Why waste your vote by using it to create more fear and intolerance. To turn Australia into another bloated, insular western society.

What did you vote for? Think about it.

Sad day for Australia. I just lost respect for my country, my people. I just lost respect for most of you as well. I know it won't be appreciated by most of you. I hope none of you are offended, but I am not apologetic. Take a look at the world outside your picket fences. And fear.

(ps. was written by a friend of mine at work.)

yea, but who did u vote for?
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Tue, 12 October 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i voted for latham, but we all knew that howard was gona win it anyway.
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: who did everyone vote for and why? Tue, 12 October 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
To quote a letter in the Melbourne "The Age" paper...

"Prepare to be be Jeffed!"

You guys will find out what it means to have a person like Jeff Kennett in power. Suffer the little children..

tom.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 03:01]

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Interstate Shipping
Next Topic:Bananarama?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:17:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010616064071655 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.