Toymods » Track Talk » Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 05:39 Go to next message
Hi guys, just wondering how the ST162 perform like when going against a:

Mitsubishi Lancer MR and GLi (2000 year)
Honda Civic (1996+)
Nissan Pulsar SSS (1994+)
Nissan Silva S13Q (Non turbo 1989)
Nissan EXA (89)

Very Happy

what are some cars do you think the Celica ST162 can prolly walk away with a victory with?

I was thinking the VL commos.... anyone bested one of these?
  Send a private message to this user    
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from my experience of being in my mates one heaps of times and driving a couple of them the out come would be

Mitsubishi Lancer MR and GLi (2000 year) = arse r*pe with no lube
Honda Civic (1996+) would lose to a vtir but would thrash non vtir
Nissan Pulsar SSS (1994+) very close depends on driver
Nissan Silva S13Q (Non turbo 1989) win by a bit
Nissan EXA (89) if its with the ca81de it would be close but u would still win

this is only with my experience
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dood with my experience in my st162 3sge 89sx racing my mates 2001 honda civic vtec , they are 1.7s we were dead even the whole race nothin between us, so yeh both goin flat out so yeh though hes was a sedan civic but i dont no bout a hatch but yeh ok cya lads
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked
omg is it that strong is it? sounds like a pretty quick little beast to me... Very Happy

*MUST GET ONE*

olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im talking about the v-tir civic that come in 2door hatch or 2 door coupe only
they have a twin cam B16A DOHC v-tec motor with 118kws (about 160hp) and they do a low 7 second 0 to 100km
ur mates sedan would have been the 103kw 1.6 SOHC cos the vtir didnt come in a 4 door sedan

i could be wrong so somebody correct me if i am

but yeah man the st162 are not a slow beast beast at all they aint super flash fast but they are very enjoyable
in second my mates one kept up with another mates 200sx
but after second it was all over Laughing
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have PM'ed you again...

I talked with an ex GT Production class racer and says the 162's handling shits on an EVO6 GSR... I cannot prove this or back it up but he seemed pretty convinced...
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so im taking that the ST162 can do a 0-100 in 8 secs.... am i right?
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive heard mid to low 8 seconds, but ive never driven one.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fook me.... thats faster than the R31 turbos (RB20DET)... I'm starting to really like the car

so given that fact, the ST162 should have no problems going against VL commodors right Rolling Eyes
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it would having no trouble beating a stock rb30e powered vl
a vl with a rb30et (turbo) might be a different kettle of fish
but i used to own a silhouette skyline with a rb30e under the hood it had pod and exhaust and my mates st162 with same mods was faster
and yeah low 8second 0-100 sounds about right
and u can swap heaps of latter model 3sge motors out of japanease half cuts for them with ease
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dood yeh my mates civic had bout 89 kw i think they were, its all bout the power to weight st162s carry 103kws and 11 to 1 power to weight while the civic had 12 or 13 to 1 i think, yeh they are a really good lilttle car my mates selling his at the moment if u are interetsed its done up mags and the lot where are u located ?? second gear in them i think are real good i pull 90kms in mine in second and bout 55 in 1st thats redline but still pretty quick and they actually are a better engine then the 5th gen engines as they are only 99kw stock while st162s or 4th gen are 103kw.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are very nice cars, go quite well, but if I were you id go out and try one, thats the only way to know for sure if its what you want.

When I tryied mine I was VERY impressed, thats why I now own it Razz
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy Will do, i'll have to see who'd be ok to let me test a ST162, cause there aint much at the dealers around sydney. Cant wait to get one, will be my very first car... so i dont think i'd be just happy.... i'll be over the moon YEA..... but you're right, i need to try one first.

So what do u think a ST162 as my first car sounds? too powerful? well i do drive my father's R31 4 door... but its still not MY car... and i cant do much to it... matez... just excited here Shocked Laughing Cool

~Alliance
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey,

I wouldent go as far as saying its too powerful Razz they are the perfect balance for a new driver. It is also my first car, I think its a great first car, they go very well, are fun to drive, nice to look at, very reliable, and cheap on insurance.

I'm most likly moving on to faster things early next year (SW20 MR2 or GT4) but as a first car you cant go wrong with an st162.

alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile Good to hear, what are somethings that i should look for in a second hand celica? ie Rust? Any thing that is common problem?

BTW olihaub when you said

Quote:

U mean the lancer gets raped/? Or the ST162? Lancers as i know are pretty darn quick too

[Updated on: Mon, 11 October 2004 23:42]

doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 11 October 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well common rust spots seem to be on the sunroof (Nearly all of them at this age will have some), and on the roof under the hatch.

Mechanical I would just check for odd noises, check to see if it blows smoke, check for oil leaks, just the general things you look for in a second hand car.

One thing to make sure of is that you get an SX not an ST, the ST has the 3sFe engine, the SX has the 3sGe which is the one you want.

Ive had mine for a year now, and I have had very few problems with it. The speedo cable snapped, handbrake cable snapped (100% my fault), and a radiator hose cracked. Thats all ive had happen in the whole year.

I'm sure the other blokes can give you more advice have a look in here, its a thread with over 1000 posts about the st162, http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=30575&start=0&rid=3541&S=4f67fbabd3c ee94389dd8761b9b55163
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Tue, 12 October 2004 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kewl!!! Thanks mate!!

So i'm guessing that the SX's comes with a factory sunroof as standard equipment?
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Tue, 12 October 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah it was an optional extra
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Tue, 12 October 2004 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm,... i wonder how good it goes on Fuel?

Can it do 400Km full tank

thats avg driving with city and highway roads..?

my Skyline can do about 380km thats stretching it though... its a 65l tahnk too....

how bigs the tank on the 162?
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Tue, 12 October 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 09:39

Smile Good to hear, what are somethings that i should look for in a second hand celica? ie Rust? Any thing that is common problem?

BTW olihaub when you said

Quote:

U mean the lancer gets raped/? Or the ST162? Lancers as i know are pretty darn quick too

imean that if u have the same mods as the lancer it will be all over red rover u will win

i mean a 1.8 lancer only has like 90kws from its SOHC motor and the 1.5 SOHC has even less

and of course u will be driving a 2.0 DOHC making 103kws in stock trim

also i have noticed that second and 3rd are really good on the celica

but yeah when i said the above im talking about near perfect shifts in all gears cos its not just the power of the car its the driver that wins the race
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Tue, 12 October 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy

Me = noobie @ manual

but one day i wish to be able to beat those Evo look alikes.

Evil or Very Mad
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Tue, 12 October 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh u will dont worry
and dont forget that half the lancers out there are loaded down by rice anyways Smile
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Tue, 12 October 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg i so cannot wait to test one out... Shocked

Oh cruize control is standard on the sx right ?
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Tue, 12 October 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think so
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Tue, 12 October 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 13:46

omg i so cannot wait to test one out... Shocked

Oh cruize control is standard on the sx right ?

No its another optional extra, that i unfortunetly dont have
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Tue, 12 October 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dood, u seem just like me a year ago my st162 was my 1st car as well i got the sunroof and all power options car runs really well, check 4 engine mounts and things like that also the rust in the sunroof if it has one, my mates came with cruise control, ive had mine resprayed and everythin new suspension and springs so yeh its running good, they are excellent car paint it all up and people will think u have a st165 or gt4 celica Razz, my mates currently selling his, its nice has mags and stuff how much were u lookin at spendin mine was 5 grand its an 89 sx and white ,ive found that white ones seem to be more expensive then other colours(cos they look better white) yeh his selling his he lives across the road from me, we basically have identical cars , i live in coffs harbour where are u located ??
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Wed, 13 October 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lancer = geh wit teh aids 1.8=86kw, 1.5l=69kw.
Lancer are for ppl interested in rice and nothing else.

I beleive the St162 would beat the lancer and civic if not Vtec but would be line ball with both the SSS and Silvia they both run the same motor, but the silvia should be heavier so I may be wrong, if the exa is aCa18det i cant see you keeping up with it.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Wed, 13 October 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess i just want one to be better than my current Skyline R31 GXE... it has RB30E and the whole car is a stockie.

If performance wise is better, i guess its more than i could ask for... i hear handling is really good, the acceleration seems very good for an N/A.. its lighter than my 31.... less fuel hungry.... electrical windows (W000t i'd crave for these) so basically, i THINK and hope that 162 will be better than the 31 stock

still want to try out one though.

BTW i've pmed you Jorrs Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2004 05:12]

Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Wed, 13 October 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok when my st162 sx was stock, except for muffler and knN filter. i would win against:lancers,exa"s,non vti civics and prolly the silvia.
i would either just beat a vl auto or be head to head with it.
vl manual = ass handed to me.
a pulsar SSS will definately beat a st162!there quick.
also a VN auto would just beat me,depends on the take off i get.
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Wed, 13 October 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have beat a cordia turbo, come level with a 7mge supra, flogged a few lancers, beat a vn auto.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Wed, 13 October 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suppose if a cold air induction.... Heat shield , a POD, Extractors and a good exhaust system will def have no troubles with the lot mentioned? i'm hopeing for at least.
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Thu, 14 October 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 13 October 2004 14:02

Lancer = geh wit teh aids 1.8=86kw, 1.5l=69kw.
Lancer are for ppl interested in rice and nothing else.

I beleive the St162 would beat the lancer and civic if not Vtec but would be line ball with both the SSS and Silvia they both run the same motor, but the silvia should be heavier so I may be wrong, if the exa is aCa18det i cant see you keeping up with it.

as i said it would be close between the sss and the celica but it would depend on the driver

also the silvia non turbo that i went in is slower than a stock sss like u notice it cos its heavier

also exa's do not have ca18det turbo 130kws motors they have 94kws ca18de no turbos standard
but a few people do engine swaps just like people with twinkies ( twin cam carollas ae82) swap there motors for 20v, 100kw 4age or gze motors
and u would get arse raped by a turbo one
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Thu, 14 October 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuckin awesome cars....
This was my first car, and i'll buy another after this without any issues as a project car.... They are insane fun...

Honestly if u want something thats gonna smoke everything out there, there are cheaper options if u want a 1/4 car, but for something that is VERY stylish, handles BEAUTIFULLY after a few small things....

Did beat a VTI-R Prelude which had exhaust etc... i knew it was Vti-r coz i spoke to the owner and he was going all out... Got 1/2 a car length in front of him at just the takeoff, and kept ahead, but yeah it came down to driver ability, not saying i'm the best but i was "better" hehe...

Few other races were:
I was up next to a VT commodore at a rolling start, when he booted it so did i... Kept up with him the whole way and backed off due to road rules....

Rolling start with a VL manual was neck to neck till Road rules kick in (maybe slightly more Smile)

Got 2 Automatic VL commodores at rolling start

As u can see there were quite a few rolling starts but this is because i didn't know they were 100% racing so we started about 2 seconds after taking off...

Personally though i'm not too keen on draggin, after doin a few runs with a Gtech I really didn't like how the car was acting, she was getting a bit snippy with me, hence why i prefer hill runs and having a bit of a cruise with the sunroof open, windows down and stereo going, which is what makes these cars SOO damn good

And they pull from soo far down
don't u reckon "other st162 owners?"
Like u'd be in 5th gear sittin at 70kms an hour and say u need to overtake u can leave it in 5th and happily pickup

Gotta love these

alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Fri, 15 October 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mate tmr is sat... i will be looking at 2 ST162... i'm already keen on one of them, but would like to check out the other one. But def, i can feel it, will get one by the end of next week Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Maybe we can organize a ST162 cruize together?!

~Alliance
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Mon, 15 November 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-ST162 wrote on Fri, 15 October 2004 00:26

And they pull from soo far down
don't u reckon "other st162 owners?"
Like u'd be in 5th gear sittin at 70kms an hour and say u need to overtake u can leave it in 5th and happily pickup

Yeah but i'd rather rev it up a bit and drop it into third and just fly past...
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Tue, 16 November 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

im talking about the v-tir civic that come in 2door hatch or 2 door coupe only
they have a twin cam B16A DOHC v-tec motor with 118kws (about 160hp) and they do a low 7 second 0 to 100km
ur mates sedan would have been the 103kw 1.6 SOHC cos the vtir didnt come in a 4 door sedan

If i have a 2nd gen 3SGE... should i have no problem against a VTI-R? Cool
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Wed, 17 November 2004 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys... I got a question.. You reakon a st162 3sge sx celica will beat a ae82 4age 86kw in a race... I want to know becuase my bro has a ae82 and thinks he can beat me but i think he wont i dont know what you reakon Razz we might be racing tomrrow night ill tell yous what happend.. But what u guys think
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Wed, 17 November 2004 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A celica would have no prob in beating a ae82 corolla.
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Wed, 17 November 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well actually i think i will have no problem as well man... I just drove my brothers ae82 and at 1st gear it dosent pull as hard as a celica... Well tonights the big race lol we will have to wait and see Razz

Ps pic of the 2 cars Razz Celica is mine ae82 brothers

http://img67.exs.cx/img67/7088/tWINCAM2.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2004 22:06]

alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Wed, 17 November 2004 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
100 bucks on da ST162!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Hell, 1,000 on da ST162, the AE82 will get murdered in 2nd gear.. lol how i know?

i went against my friend's AE82 last night for fun, showing him my new car, so he wants ta have a go, normal start, didnt even drop clutch!

first gear we were abouts even till i hit 6Krpm, then had a bit of lead, then 2nd gear, some Wheel spin and off i go Evil or Very Mad

Then again, mines a 2nd gen 3SGE, but i dont think power is too much diff from gen 1, i could be wrong though

But even still, a stockie ST162 should have no probs murdering a AE82 stock Twisted Evil
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Wed, 17 November 2004 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kool... Hope i do.. alliance_22 You got msn
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Thu, 18 November 2004 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah bro, but i dont often go on it, addme though: alliance_22@hotmail.com

Very Happy
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Thu, 18 November 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on guyS.. Lets setup a criuse... Maybe to the beach or something what u guys think Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 18 November 2004 02:05]

alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Thu, 18 November 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has already begun bro!

look at the cruize section under ST162 cruise
F.C.U.K
Regular

December 2004
Re: Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform Fri, 17 December 2004 12:53 Go to previous message
i got a SX ST182 5S-FE. so far from all the runs i had.......
WON
exa, civic, excel, silvia n/a, corolla, lancers, mirages, R33 only on 1st gear, pulsar, magna V6, gemini, torona

DRAW
nx, ST162, ST202

LOST
swift GTI, VL worked, civic VTI-r, corolla GTI, corolla 4agze, seca SX (100kw), skyline R32/33, wrx, civic with T28bb turbo
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:impound woes
Next Topic:7MGTE MA61 vs Evo 8
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:03:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071070194244385 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.