Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Car/Engine Electronics & Audio » FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) now with pic.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon4.gif  FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) now with pic. Mon, 11 October 2004 22:03 Go to next message
Got it with the front-cut I bought late last year, have been running it in my ride but it's a race-spec ECU, and not meant to be for a daily-driver, although it can be used like that.

SPECS:

• 3S-GTE ECU from ST205 Celica GT-Four

• Blitz Access chipped, meaning altered fuel and timing curves

• JAP-SPEC, which means it can run on Optimax (98 RON) or racing fuel (100+ RON)

• *Best* used in an engine designed for race or track conditions

This unit is in perfect working order. Will put up a pic when I get the chance.

I'll sell for $400 firm.

Any related questions please post them here or email me on the link below (in my signature).

Cheers. Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 02 November 2004 11:48]

Send a private message to this user    
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) Tue, 02 November 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn you got me excited Sad No good for the street at all? I run 98 now but im not willing to play with additives...
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) Tue, 02 November 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It still runs good on 98, but just not on the street. I have no problems with it running normally with this ECU, but I'm saying that it's best used for track conditions because it's chipped and preset. It came out of a race-tuned GT-Four from Japan before it was written-off and half-cutted, shipped out here and I bought it with the car.

All I'm saying is that because it came out of a race-tuned GT-Four it probably should *best* be used in a similar application. If you want proof of how well it runs, I swapped it into Gary Georgiou's ST205 and he noticed the difference immediately. He reckons about 20%increase in responsiveness alone, and will get around 17Psi of boost without incident. I was in the car when he test-run the ECU - DAMN it's got real PEP!

I'm kind of glad the ST205's seats are reclined like that, because I almost went horizontal when he put his foot down. Shocked

It can be run on the street, except I'm looking for something that I can tune, seeing that mine is a bit of a mongrel hybrid job into my RAV4... Rolling Eyes
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) Tue, 02 November 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's a pic of the ECU with original wiring into it...

http://66.206.22.102/~rav4oz/teamrav4oz/andrews_project/3S-GTE engine/Front Cut/chippedECU.jpg
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) Tue, 02 November 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you know what kind of mods the car it came out of was running?
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) now with pic. Tue, 02 November 2004 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have limited knowledge of what went into the car before, because I bought it as a front-cut and I had no access to the car's history in Japan. I know it was built-up as a very quick car (for race) because of the internals we swapped out (and the plugs - about $40-$50 each here in Australia Shocked), plus the cam timing was setup differently.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 November 2004 21:22]

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) now with pic. Tue, 09 November 2004 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
** BUMP! ** Rolling
mcrslyder
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) Sat, 26 February 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI , I am just wondering is this a microtech? would this suit a gen2 3sgte on a st162 models?
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) Sat, 26 February 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, no it's not a Microtech... it's a standard Jap-spec 3S-GTE ECU that has been Blitz chipped in Japan by a company called Access, from what I can gather. Confused

As for suitability for the Gen II 3S-GTE, I'm not 100% sure but you'd best check the pin-out diag's between the Gen II and the Gen III engines. Nod
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) now with pic. Sat, 26 February 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this won't fit on a Gen2. The different designed heads and intake design wouldn't make it feesible. Not to mention you need basicaly the entire loom from a gen3 to make it work properly.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) now with pic. Fri, 22 April 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP...

Still for sale. Cool
ralfross
Regular

On Probation

April 2005
Re: FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) now with pic. Sat, 23 April 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 23 April 2005 14:01]

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) now with pic. Mon, 25 April 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ralfross wrote on Sat, 23 April 2005 22:40

just to let you know. ACCESS is BLITZ.

They work together on tuning ECUS. Cool

Well there ya go.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) now with pic. Fri, 22 July 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump...
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: FS: 3S-GTE ECU (Jap spec) now with pic. Fri, 22 July 2005 04:50 Go to previous message
The Blitz ECU is designed to be run with standard cams and compression, it just has more agressive maps and removes fuel cut, speed limit etc.

It would be suitable for someone just wanting to increase boost on an otherwise stock ST205 engine.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:E.O.I. HKS F Con V Pro
Next Topic:FS: Audio Gear (MELB)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:07:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063190460205078 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.