Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 14 October 2004 11:14 Go to next message
It's on again.

This Wednesday night, Calder park. Track opens 6pm, top-4 comp at 9:30ish, finishes at 10. If you're driving, get there early so you can get scrutineered and ready and hit the track as it opens.

$5 to spectate, $100 to drive. Check fulllock.com/forums for full details on entering. And bring lotsa warm clothes if you're going to spectate.

I'll be on track with my car semi-fixed after last time. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Hen
  Send a private message to this user    
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 14 October 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh, I will probably come out for a look again.
Warm clothes definitely a necessity.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 14 October 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i remember i shall be there, i keep damnwell forgetting its on!
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Fri, 15 October 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im gonna be there as usual but this time im bringin out the rally car and driving, oh sorry, drifting and not bloody spectating. See how it drifts on the black stuff! See yas out there

Jezza
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Fri, 15 October 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah might hit it up after work, see how I go and if any mates will be practicing.

Grrrrr I really want a car now to drift in, 1 arriving from Japan on 21st Oct (fingers crossed).
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Tue, 19 October 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i try ne show for the boyz, i be in a red ehco hat and silver/white st162 so look out.

Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Tue, 19 October 2004 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Henn!

Can't make it, no car and no time (exams).

Heh, gunbata ne (do your best, japanese) and do us all proud Very Happy

-Jay
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Tue, 19 October 2004 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be leaving late to get there this time , about 6 from the east . See you there , will try to remmember to bring those wheels for you Henn .
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Wed, 20 October 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my water pump is fucked,so i cant get out their! but if someone
is going past west melbourne and doesnt mind picking me up, i would love to be out their to night, Smile Smile
see what happins. chad
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Wed, 20 October 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like this will be the first one I will miss... Damn uni work is piling up. Have fun guys, I'll be at the next one for sure. Smile
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Wed, 20 October 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh chad ya gotta get out there somehow... i got the rallycar ready!

Jezza
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Wed, 20 October 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm i want to go but i am feeling lazy, i might get al ift cause i am short on cash my my mate in his white st162 ,

come on, its wed night, i been studying all day so treat urself to a drifto break uni poeples
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 21 October 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the warm clothes werent required wich was a good change.

Henn was driftin well as usual but got beaten in the finals by a fooly sic VL Turbo Laughing

RallyStanza was makin good use of the hydro in the rally car and was doin pretty well by the end of the night.

There was some crazy dude in a MX73 Cressida who had no fear and was driftin up a storm, was ausome to watch.

See you guys out there next time,
Shtock
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 21 October 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a great night out,henn did those 205's go alright?jessa went well and adam thanks for the lift.
chad
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 21 October 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah was good to see ya made it out there chad. Thanks for the feedback.

Its a nice car for gravel but drifting it is bloody hard!

Cheers
Jezza
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 21 October 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got on here before and thought.......... what day is it........ SHIT missed it again Laughing
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 21 October 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 16:10

got on here before and thought.......... what day is it........ SHIT missed it again Laughing

You're a shocker Clown. Laughing Missed the BBQ and now the drifts. Rolling Eyes

I can't believe someone had entered an MX73... Does anyone know what modifications it had? I've seen people try to drift stock MX73's and it aint pretty with the amount of body roll they have.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 21 October 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha tell me about it man. I would have rememberd if this was up though Mad
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 21 October 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah great night!
I can't believe how much everyone has improved, it's amazing, some really good drifting going on.
Pat on the back to Henn, as least you made it to "Battle Showdown" again.
StockAE86 wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 10:57

Henn was driftin well as usual but got beaten in the finals
by a fooly sic VL Turbo Laughing

This was not to be mentioned!!!! and we shall never speak of it again. :Henn nods:
By the way I did't see you there, so you saw nothing of the such.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 21 October 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What VL?? I never saw such a thing... cough cough.

That guy sure knew how to drive, didn't even have an LSD.

It was a good night out as usual, I wasn't feeling 100% all night but still had some good runs. Glad to make the finals, but I gotta learn to do better under pressure.

Nice work from Jezza in the rally car too, only saw a bit of his drift, but it was good. Just imagine him once his sprinter is going.

Thanks again to all the guys who helped me change wheels, I think I ate 12 tyres all up. And to Improved who donated some 205 tyres to the cause. They made a huge difference, I'll have to search out some wider stuff in future.

The MX73 belongs to my cousin, with his brother driving on the night (he's usually in the red FC RX7). It's still a 5MGE but manual with a Tru-trac and firmer springs and shocks, but nothing special. It was getting some insane fishtails happening.

It was good to have so many people come over and say gday too. I hope you all had a good night.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 21 October 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres a few dark pictures from the night

http://www.pbase.com/ae86sprintersr20det/calder_dr ift_

As for the level of Drift that night , well that has to be one the best nights so far . As for that VL that Henn had to battle with it looked more out of control than drift ,very scary stuff.

Jezza you did look stuffed after that , it must have been hard work on dirt suspension .

As for the mx73 that was great watching s13's with drift suspension trying to keep the same mid corner speed Laughing , very well driven whoever that was , and when i was at the last corner into the main straight i have to say a crowd favorite .

Also who's bronze Ae86 in the carpark which I and Chad spoted ?
Are you on here ? Yes you with the ae86 related number plate .
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 21 October 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tofu garage wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 11:05

a great night out,henn did those 205's go alright?jessa went well and adam thanks for the lift.
chad

Haha, your car was awesome! Me and my mates were sitting there having a good laugh! Not in a bad way, just at the fact that it looked so out of place but was holding it's own hehe. Lotta body roll though, from what I recall!

Who had that fluro pink celica? Is it anyone on this forum? Looked like it was coloured in with a texta, I loved it!
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 21 October 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That Celica was another of the cousins (yes, a whole bunch of my family are into drift). It's had a bit of work done to it, but as all can see it has also had a hard life. The paint was a custom spray can job the day before I think.

And some fat swaybars are on the way for the MX73. Should help.

Hen
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 21 October 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice Very Happy
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 21 October 2004 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK I might not deny it as much as some, but the VL was driven quite well (if only he had a decent car), remember that Kat (now blue s13) use to drive a VK and she made it look alright (except a domestic car looks so absolutely gheyyyyy). The guy with the VL is actually a pro BMX guy that a few of us know, after Henn told me about the open diff thats when I just went "OK thats just fucked" especially with no oil.

IMHO I reckon that these nights should be held even more often and the prizes should be better. ie: my friend won a 2fast 2 furious DVD last night for coming 1st. Id rather pay $100 to eat my own shit. Not really because it would be so much fun being out there anyway.

ok enough blabbery
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Thu, 21 October 2004 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was there something wrong with the exhaust on the VL? Sounded really weird, kinda like a sucking noise or something.. I dunno..
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Fri, 22 October 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could you elaborate on teh mods that the a6 had mr hen sir please Very Happy
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Fri, 22 October 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Jezza you did look stuffed after that , it must have been hard work on dirt suspension .

Thanks Adam, yeah it is bloody hard to drift the rallycar on bitumen! Its on a knife edge, i mean to hold a sick drift its on the verge of spinning but once its goimg good its bloody great, but yeah i was stuffed, hard work indeed.

Thanks again to all those that came out and aslo the Pakenham Auto club dudes, it is a mission for them to get there, cheers

Jezza
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Fri, 22 October 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh, there were 8 of us including me of the PAC members that made the trek out from the far regions.
A couple of them are really interested in getting out on the track for some fully sic sideways bitumen action.
So next time there could be a R31 Skyline and a Legacy GT Wagon RWD only out there, could be very interesting.

Cheers, Shtock
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Drift practice, Calder Park, Wed 20/10 Sat, 23 October 2004 01:08 Go to previous message
Phurkin ay man tell the boys to bring it on! should be good.

See ya tonight i think??

Jezza
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RMIT toymods gathering
Next Topic:Pakenham Autox, October 24th
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 14:57:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059850215911865 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.