Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 10 November 2004 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 12:48

By 3weeks I ofcourse meant 4weeks

TYPO Laughing

ROFLMFAO!! Love the fact that none of us picked up on it!

Quote:

Anything I can do, you just let me know.

Quote:

well if you need a hand on the previous weekend we are all here

Thanks heaps guys, trust me there will be a post up with a very angry me if everything turns to shit. LOL
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 10 November 2004 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UUP-46X wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 12:28

Cheers man!

They charge per room per nite, at the airport F1 it's $69 a nite so for 3 nights it costs $207,

so if 3 people shared the room for 3 nights, that would bring it back to $69 each for all 3 nights...what a deal!

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2004 02:15]

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 10 November 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Damn strait, Lock stock quote,

"It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the sale of the f*(king century" Laughing
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 10 November 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how funny is this AE86 meet, 4 threads!! LOL

So hands up who has officially booked their room? I'm just about to call...

*update*
my friend AE86Boy will be definately coming
and also J-AE86 semi-definate at this point (as long as car doesn't break down till then Laughing )

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 10 November 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

*Puts hand up* I've booked & got 2 spare beds in my room,
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 10 November 2004 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UUP-46X id go in your room but your name scares me.

heh. Nah I figuire I should take it upon myself to also book a room so theres more room available (aswell as I might bring a mate) Ill have that sorted by the weekend.

LOL Des, I was thinking the same thing.. The rest of the toymods peeps must be pretty shitty Laughing

Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 10 November 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it definitely looks like im not driving down now, im losing my license on the 2nd of December, and cbf trying to extend it with the court shit, so im just gonna cop it. it just shits me that the RTA are such pricks about shit like this, the Infringement Processing Bureau were pretty understanding, and agreed that i should have only got a warning for the no p plates, but that they couldnt change it now because of the RTA. so yeh i was pissed off hence i slackened off with trying to get my car ready, otherwise i would get a mate to drive it down with me riding shotgun lol. Laughing

so yeh i might fly down, unless some of the guys driving down by themselves want some co-pilot company, and i'd chip in for petrol etc., plus its always good to have some company on such a damn long drive, without my mate with me i would have fallen asleep driving to Brisbane last year for the Jamboree.

but yeh ill wait and see whats happens with work and then make my mind up for sure. even tho ill be Sprinter-less, it'd still be awesome to see all these Hachi's together at once. Cool Very Happy
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 10 November 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol bathurst-91, I didnt get UPP-46X's nick until just then.

Its all so clear now...

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2004 07:02]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 10 November 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im driving aaallll the way down from adelaide, do i get free beer? Razz
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 10 November 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch, you SA boys are bringing ALL the beer so I can use it to shout the QLDers, wasnt that the arragement?

Razz Razz
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 10 November 2004 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 16:47

UUP-46X id go in your room but your name scares me.

lol trust me man no matter how drunk i get, i'll never swing that way!!!!!

Quote:

lol bathurst-91, I didnt get UPP-46X's nick until just then.

Its all so clear now...

heh, yea i know it sucks!

Quote:

well it definitely looks like im not driving down now, im losing my license on the 2nd of December, and cbf trying to extend it with the court shit, so im just gonna cop it. it just shits me that the RTA are such pricks about shit like this, the Infringement Processing Bureau were pretty understanding, and agreed that i should have only got a warning for the no p plates, but that they couldnt change it now because of the RTA. so yeh i was pissed off hence i slackened off with trying to get my car ready, otherwise i would get a mate to drive it down with me riding shotgun lol.

so yeh i might fly down, unless some of the guys driving down by themselves want some co-pilot company, and i'd chip in for petrol etc., plus its always good to have some company on such a damn long drive, without my mate with me i would have fallen asleep driving to Brisbane last year for the Jamboree.

but yeh ill wait and see whats happens with work and then make my mind up for sure. even tho ill be Sprinter-less, it'd still be awesome to see all these Hachi's together at once.

Dude your more then welcome to ride shot gun in my car if you want, i'm going to be all on my lonesome, & contrary(spelling) to Bathurst-91's insinuation regarding my sexual preference, I'm definately a goer for girls only! Laughing
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 11 November 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yo, I be bringing the missus, so Im gonna need a separate room, but my mate will need to share a room with one of you guys if someone wants to take him in?
How many nights do I need to book for?
10th, 11th, 12th?

Cheers.
-Whitchy-
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 11 November 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

yea book for the 10th, 11th & 12th, total cost will be $207.00, as for your mate there are 2 spare beds in my room if he is interested,

Cheers, Michael
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 11 November 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Whitchy - is that Cam that is coming?

i wanna see both ur cars! Very Happy
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 11 November 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Des, Yeah it is Cam thats coming,

and I'm killin to see yours! Pics just aint enough!

Cams is lookin nice, he got the paint and sideys all sweet but he is too much of a pussy to put the front lip on cause he is afraid of gutters!

and mine is just a red black and white heap, hopefully I will be able to borrow some money to get the 1/4 panel and new bonnet painted in time for Melb. Anyone wanna lend me a few bucks for a small spray job? Very Happy

cya.
-Whitchy-
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 11 November 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHITCHY wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 17:22

Anyone wanna lend me a few bucks for a small spray job? Very Happy

cya.
-Whitchy-

I'll be included in that offer.

Whitchy, please don't paint it. I don't want to have the only multi-coloured 'boro-mobile' there!
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 11 November 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I don't think the paint is going to happen, I need new tyres so I don't get defected if we get pulled over, and I REALLY need new suspension before I get paint!

so you wont be alone!

-Whitchy-
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 11 November 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UUP-46X wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 08:53

Dude your more then welcome to ride shot gun in my car if you want, i'm going to be all on my lonesome, & contrary(spelling) to Bathurst-91's insinuation regarding my sexual preference, I'm definately a goer for girls only! Laughing

thanks for the offer dude, you're a champ, that would be sweet if i could ride down in you're Sprinter. ive got a schmick Uniden hand-held CB aswell. and you've got 2 spare spots in you're room yeh? id be more than happy to take one of the spots, i cant believe how cheap the accommodation is lol. Surprised

so yeh, im definitely in now, just gotta let the boss know next week that i wont be there. thanks again for the offer UPP-46X!! :)Smile cheers, Daniel.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 11 November 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHITCHY wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 20:51

I need new tyres so I don't get defected if we get pulled over

-Whitchy-

Youve got bald tyres and ur worried about being pulled over? Id be more worried about the kangaroo that u may possibly have to dodge. hahaha Laughing

BTW, i know this event hasnt even happened yet.... but im thinking we should make this an ANNUAL thing. Once a year get all the hachi rokus together!!!
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 11 November 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im gonna come down.... anyone got a room?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 11 November 2004 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribbo wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 22:29

Shouldn't be a problem Ribbo.

And yeah, an annual event would be cool. Might have to make it Melbourne every year though to make it central to everyone.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 11 November 2004 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter-Saurus wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 22:14

UUP-46X wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 08:53

thanks for the offer dude, you're a champ, that would be sweet if i could ride down in you're Sprinter. ive got a schmick Uniden hand-held CB aswell. and you've got 2 spare spots in you're room yeh? id be more than happy to take one of the spots, i cant believe how cheap the accommodation is lol. Surprised

so yeh, im definitely in now, just gotta let the boss know next week that i wont be there. thanks again for the offer UPP-46X!! :)Smile cheers, Daniel.

No worries man, & yea ofcourse ya can have one of the beds, Bathurst-91 wana update the first post Smile

So ya have a uniden CB excellent saves me buying one LOL!!

Quote:

BTW, i know this event hasnt even happened yet.... but im thinking we should make this an ANNUAL thing. Once a year get all the hachi rokus together!!!

This is definately a great idea!!!!!!!!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 11 November 2004 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribbo wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 22:29

PLEeenty of spaces Ribbo! i think UUP-46X has one spot in his room (don't be deturned from his nick Laughing ) and I have a spot pending on my mates decision to come down, i will know soon.

but there will be heaps of rooms, did u guys book online?

bathurst-91 - update room situations please!
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 11 November 2004 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=ae86slaver wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 09:31(don't be deturned from his nick Laughing )
bathurst-91 - update room situations please![/quote]

Finally some one on my side LOL!!!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Fri, 12 November 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im bringin the missus too jezza so shez will have company Very Happy

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

where can i book at the airport F1?
online? phone?

this is the one on hume hwy right?
ps. theres fuck all parking there so when are we arriving?

des gimme details stat! ive got the 10th 11th 12th and 13th off

meaning i have tuesday 7th till thursday 16th off
hahaha 4 day weeks rock Wink
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Fri, 12 November 2004 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hume Hwy? i'm assuming in Melbourne? well i have no idea, but all i know is that i'm booking at 'Formule 1 Melbourne Airport'. So just book a room for you and Val either by phone or net.

yeah mate, leave Friday 10th 6am, return 13th Monday night in the evening sometime.

*Bathurst-91, add AE86Boy to the list as DEFINATE.

also i think we should list everyone by rooms so it is easier to sort that situation out.

20 cars!!!!!!!! Shocked
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sat, 13 November 2004 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UUP-46X>

Can I take the 3rd spot in your room?

I was going to book a room, so it would save others booking but I think I'll leave that up to everyone individually.

Remember, you CAN book online at the following link:

http://www.formule1.com.au/detail.asp?hotdeal_id=3 24

[Updated on: Sat, 13 November 2004 01:28]

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 14 November 2004 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Sat, 13 November 2004 12:20

UUP-46X>

Can I take the 3rd spot in your room?

I was going to book a room, so it would save others booking but I think I'll leave that up to everyone individually.

Remember, you CAN book online at the following link:

http://www.formule1.com.au/detail.asp?hotdeal_id=3 24

Dude ofcourse you can have the bed no dramas can you update the first post so you, Sprinter-Saurus & myself are list as one group of 3, What name you got for us? LOL!!!
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 15 November 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You + Sprinter-Saurus?, Oops I read some previous posts wrong and thought Ribbo was gonna be in your room, so I updated the list. Ok I'll change it to sprinter-saurus, Ribbo mate your gonna have to group with some other peeps.

Theres plenty of people who still havnt booked yet.

Room/Team name... hmmmm

How about... Super Ninja Kangaroo D.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 November 2004 03:11]

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 15 November 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I've promiced one bed to Sprinter-Saurus as he will be riding down with me, As for Ribbo i saw that slaver mentioned to him that i had a spare bed but i hadn't heard anything else on the matter so i thought he had organised something else, hence i have offered it to you as i thoght it was still free? I'm confused!
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 15 November 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep yep cool, you are correct.

Smile

What do you think of the name? Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 15 November 2004 04:29]

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 15 November 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 15:29

What do you think of the name? Laughing

Made me chuckle when i read it! Laughing
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 16 November 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm excited Surprised
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 16 November 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
des> I have a 'countdown' timer on my desktop Smile
nice avatar pic btw..
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 16 November 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 16 November 2004 12:18

des> I have a 'countdown' timer on my desktop Smile
nice avatar pic btw..

LOL, go easy man!

yeah it's weird, my old avatar pic is still showing on this comp, but on other comps it's changed, any ideas? i can't seem to access my temp internet files and i've refreshed 100 times Confused
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 16 November 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Mine didn't change till i cleared my temp files,
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 16 November 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fixed.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 November 2004 03:58]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Fri, 19 November 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive just booked and paid

3 nights $207.00

done and done

Very Happy

i dont knwo about this 6am bizzo tho

ahaha god damn

oh and lets stop at wakefield for a few laps on the way
hehehe

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Fri, 19 November 2004 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 6am is gonna be a killer, thats why ive been training for the last year.. haha nah I start work 6:30am everyday =p

If we leave any later than 6:30 we WILL get some serious traffic until were out Inner Sydney region. If we left 7am, It will take over 1hour to reach like.. cronulla.

I was going to post this anyway, everyone PLEASE BE ON TIME! 6am!!! arrival and hopefully we'll get our sleepy asses out of homebush before 6:30am

Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Fri, 19 November 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh anything after 6:30/7:00 and you're gonna hit traffic, and thats anywhere in Sydney.

i hit the road every morning at 6am from our factory at Ingleburn, and i jump on the M5 at Moorebank, and its fucked, traffic everywhere, and King Georges isnt much better either, you dont want to be fighting through there at 7am lol.

maybe someone should do a bulk buy on V or Red Bull so everyone will be wired and awake haha. Laughing
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Fri, 19 November 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well ive got the time off work now.... so any spare beds? I can direct deposit money into someones account
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 21 November 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys, update on my side

AE86Boy will be bringing his partner - so they will be in a room of their own

J-AE86 needs to get back to me on how many ppl/cars he is bringing and whether or not he will be stayin in the same shack as me, so i gotta find out.

But i still will be driving solo Confused haha

Ribbo wrote on Sat, 20 November 2004 00:07

ok well ive got the time off work now.... so any spare beds? I can direct deposit money into someones account

Ribbo, you can jump in my room then Smile PM me for bank details.
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 21 November 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My missus is out now, So I will be alone, but Iam in the process of trying to find a mate to come and share the driving!
So for the rooms I will proably be with the mate coming with me and cam(my mate driving his sprinter up)

-Whitchy-
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 21 November 2004 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
update Bathurst_91!
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 22 November 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol des, call me Andrew, or preferably V2 (what my mates call me) So Ribbo is in your room now?... ok updated.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 22 November 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V2? haha explain?

well depending on Ribbo/J-AE86's replies, one or the other, or both will be in my room.

but currently just put it as me & Ribbo.

I think Garth is bringing his missus too.
tofu garage
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 22 November 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dudes.. i have updated the AE86 WEEKEND THREAD ..can you guys post what you think about the changes thanks..chad
see pages 1 and 2

[Updated on: Mon, 22 November 2004 02:11]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 22 November 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mass reminder PM sent Cool
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 22 November 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 12:28

V2? haha explain?

well depending on Ribbo/J-AE86's replies, one or the other, or both will be in my room.

but currently just put it as me & Ribbo.

I think Garth is bringing his missus too.

sure am, valy girl is coming down with me.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 22 November 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 14:18

mass reminder PM sent Cool

Good stuff des Wink

Maybe another big one 2days before..

updated..

[Updated on: Mon, 22 November 2004 05:36]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 22 November 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
realisticly, there are 10 DEFINATE cars which will be heading down. I think it is now time to get those other 10 convinced and definate + room booked. I sent out those PM's with links to the F1 motel, so hopefully everyone is organised

86sp
Regular

November 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 22 November 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am still a definite, just scraping together enough coins for fuel Shocked I out ran my mates GTI-R on the weekend, very happy Very Happy
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 22 November 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86sp wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 20:50

I am still a definite, just scraping together enough coins for fuel Shocked I out ran my mates GTI-R on the weekend, very happy Very Happy

Got accomodation sorted? if not shout out to someout to grab a spot in their room. Check first post for room info
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 23 November 2004 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hey guys!

Just an up date on me if your interested, I am having a very stressfull 2 weeks atm,
Firstly i have broken up wid the missus, but forget about that my biggest problem in regards to this trip is the fact that my car will not be on the road, I got a phone call yesterday from the guy doing my conversion telling me that to get my car engineered it will have to have an EPA test done on it, So i say ok lets book it in & get it sorted like you said it would be, to which he replied the earliest time i can book it in is the 15th of december! My reply needless to say wasn't a happy one,
So now i'm up shit creek big time,
If i drive it down unengineered & get pulled over can they take my car off me or tow it or fine me? I want to know if i can get fucked up if i get pulled over down there or on the way down there?

oh & if anyone knows anyone who is an engineer or some one who works for the EPA 7 can help me out it would be much appreciated!

Sorry for the long post,

Michael
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 23 November 2004 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha 'engineered' ?? whats 'engineered'?? Surprised

dude, i've driven around 3 years with a partial engineer's report, only my engine/brakes is covered, but the rest isn't. I have never been given shit about it, just so long as you stay out of trouble/attention from cops. Kind of a big risk, but unless they have full defect stations and anal cops then they would ask for an engineer's report.

Just drive it down dude - is it registered? insured? If yes, then i see no problem as long as you stay responsible and be nice to them if they pull u over Razz

EDIT: but YES, definately get an engineers report ASAP, as long as you trust the car will get down there etc. with no troubles you'll be fine

[Updated on: Tue, 23 November 2004 00:28]

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 23 November 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just drive it

Or if you want to be safe.. Find an EPA place and walk in and offer the bloke $50 just to do a reading on the spot (on his lunch break or something)

Theres always a way.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 23 November 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Do you guys know whats the worst thing that could happen if they do ask for a report?

& yes it is registered & Insured(Spelling Rolling Eyes )
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 23 November 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
worst thing is i'll get fucked over as well Laughing

nah, generally i think they will put the yellow sticker on and report it to the RTA, defect, fines blah blah but im unsure of their rights to have ur car towed.

generally, i think getting bitten by a shark would likely happen more than a cop asking for an engineering report, unless your car has like a blower sitting out of the bonnet that sits over the roofline or there is something fishy about the car that'll cause them to pull you over.

would u say ur car attracts attention in any of those ways?
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 23 November 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it's got a hektic fake bonnet scoop, some sick 19" chrome spinners & a big fuck off don't mess wid me yo wing, but i don't think the coppas would notice that stuff! Razz

But seriously i want to keep my car looking reasonably stock for a lil bit so it shouldn't get to much attention, Hopefully!

I'd say there will be many others getting much more attention ie yours & 86drifts,

[Updated on: Tue, 23 November 2004 02:05]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 23 November 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
"Engineer's Report"????

"Partial Engineer's Report"????

WTF are these?

Mate, if you are gonna be defected, we're ALL gonna be defected.

Don't succumb to 'The Man' dude..... rules were meant to be broken!
Pages (8): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Puzzleman's Cruise This Saturday (11/12/04)
Next Topic:ADELAIDE: Toyota Cruise # 7 *Sunday 5th December*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:09:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010150909423828 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.