Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 23 November 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 16:33

"Engineer's Report"????

"Partial Engineer's Report"????

WTF are these?

Mate, if you are gonna be defected, we're ALL gonna be defected.

Don't succumb to 'The Man' dude..... rules were meant to be broken!

Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 23 November 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at least ur car is registerd and insured.... shuttup and drive Razz
white86
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 23 November 2004 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
God damn.... just noticed this thread.

I am so jealous of you boys! My car won't be ready until jan/feb/march next year so i really REALLY hope this thing will turn annual.

Hopefully i'll be the one drinking all the driving-from-brisbane beer next year!
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 23 November 2004 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

All rite, all rite! I'll drive it! Peer pressure anyone?! Shocked Laughing Laughing
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 23 November 2004 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im up for it becoming annual on one condition.

Canberra gets a drift track event and we all head there.
Its unfair for us NSW(and qld) peeps to drive 15hrs and 25hrs while SA boys drive 7hrs and Melbourne do nothing!

Canberra would be Ideal, everyone drives a few hours. But who knows if that can be setup. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 23 November 2004 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok boys,

I have my last tafe exam tomorrow and after that I'm free as a bird!!! Cool

So this weekend i'm going major shopping, in particular looking for some animal repellers.

Also, it might be an idea to bring a spare set of keys/alarm pad just in case anything happens (you all know those situations where the worst happens at the worst time!)

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 23 November 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got my CB awhile back, but only got batteries yesterday. Man there are some weirdo's out there Shocked

Still have to look into these animal repellers.

Another reminder to people on the list who havent booked. Book a room or bunk up with someone and tell me so I can update.
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 24 November 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dial the list back to 18 me and Cam are out, he has work and lack of funds, and my holiday pay from work was not as much as I was planning for, so I will be lucky if I make it back from schoolies with any money at all, let alone enugh to make it to Melbourne and back, and before I go to Melbourne I would need new rear tyres, and a full mechanical check as the Sprinter isnt running really well at the moment, so that alone would chew up any money I will have left after schoolies!

I am putting my word down now that I will be there next year, hell I will even organise the trip down next year!

I shall see you all at the P6 Carpark at 6am on the 10th, I just won't be making the trek! Crying or Very Sad

-Whitchy-
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 24 November 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whitchy how much $$$ do u's need? Very Happy

I'm sure we could work something out as a group to include you guys, so yeah, if it is funds, then maybe you could budget a rough sum and see if we could help both you out?

Rear tyres? bah, i'll lend you some nice dish rims Cool

mechanical check? my mate can do it for beer Razz
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 24 November 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did I mention that once your on the list and you backout, you forefit your car to us? Shocked

Cmon whitchy Just cut back on the beer while up at schoolies. All you really need is petrol money and entry fee. If its really that bad, im sure we can all shout you maccas for 3days down in melb!. Thats not a problem. Cmon!!!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 24 November 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AGREE

Whitchy and Cam - we can shout you food, and besides there is a huge BBQ on Sat so our stomachs will be full until at Sunday night Smile

So realistically if we pack in some good food on Friday morning, we wouldn't need a meal till the BBQ on Sat noon, then we can last till Sunday night at Macca's or somthing and then before you know it, we will be driving back Monday morning on light breaky!!!

peddy money and accomodation is easily workable.

Have a think Whitchy!!! Tell Cam to give the broom to his boss! Razz
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 24 November 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And as for your mate whitchy, tell him to snap the hell out of it. Work is no excuse. How many times will you get the chance to drive down to melbourne, see all the sites, interact with the most hachi's in one place ever, see what melbourne is like.

Work is a non-point, People need to stop acting grown up and just let it fly for a bit. And in the words of Ae86slut... stick it to the man, or something
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 24 November 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 14:46

And in the words of Ae86slut... stick it to the man, or something

LOL to quote is one thing, to mis-quote is another Laughing

"Don't succumb to 'The Man' dude..... rules were meant to be broken!"

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 24 November 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 14:59

bathurst-91 wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 14:46

And in the words of Ae86slut... stick it to the man, or something

LOL to quote is one thing, to mis-quote is another Laughing

"Don't succumb to 'The Man' dude..... rules were meant to be broken!"

Laughing
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 24 November 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You boys have gotta stop cowering everytime somebody tells you you must do something..... Hell, I tell my boss what the fuck to do and when.....

Grow some balls!!! Razz Razz Razz
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 24 November 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And Whitchy, I told you the other day that financial assistance is available!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 24 November 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whitchy u slack cunt. fuck schoolies man, we are actually organising something GOOD here. now the guys have said they will assist u in whatever u need, rubber isnt a prob, fixing the cars also not a prob.

ffs man i will drive to sydney and slap u myself! Twisted Evil
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 24 November 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 08:36

Canberra gets a drift track event and we all head there.
Its unfair for us NSW(and qld) peeps to drive 15hrs and 25hrs while SA boys drive 7hrs and Melbourne do nothing!

Umm since when does it take 15hrs to get to melbs from syd? and 7 hours to get from adelaide to melb? yeh if we dont stop at all and sit on 130+ lol

does canberra even have a drift scene?

oh on another note, any 86ers from canberra coming to melb?
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 24 November 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A mate and I will be towing my hachi down for the comp in melbourne. Entry forms are in and room is booked I cant wait!!

Could someone give us a detailed map of how to get to the meeting point. I dont know my way around Sydney.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 24 November 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mumblezzz wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 21:33

A mate and I will be towing my hachi down for the comp in melbourne. Entry forms are in and room is booked I cant wait!!

Could someone give us a detailed map of how to get to the meeting point. I dont know my way around Sydney.

We're actually not taking the direct route! Ok check the first post for a map.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 25 November 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you saying we will be handicapped with a tow car on the scenic route Andrew ?! Laughing Twisted Evil

i think we should take turns having a tow ...haha Evil or Very Mad

nah, mumblezzz and other Brisbanites:

Just come off the F3 onto Pennant Hills Road, head toward Parramatta direction > Marsden Rd > Kissing Pt Rd > Silverwater Rd and then you will see signs for 'Homebush Olympic Park' Just follow signs for P6 (near train station)

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 25 November 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh, I meant that we're taking the scenic route for a reason, to.. see the sights in the presense of a hachi convoy (aswell as not getting bored as hell on the hwy) Taking it in a truck might not be as fun... However theyre sure ashell welcome!
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sat, 27 November 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UUP, your ok with me giving you cash on the weekend right? Or do you need it wired to your account?
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 28 November 2004 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 10:29

UUP, your ok with me giving you cash on the weekend right? Or do you need it wired to your account?

No worries man you can just give me the cash on the week end, else i'll spend it before i get down there!

& you can just call me Michael or Rabbit(the nick my mates have given me, Pull your minds out of the gutter! Shocked Laughing )
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 28 November 2004 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SHIT!! fu*&^en just notcied we are going down next week! holy moly, so is everyone prepared?

I went out to a Silvia cruise on Saturday, 80+ cars, the organisation was pretty good but still the niggling problem of late comers (left about 1/1/2 hours off schedule) ...so don't be late everyone!!!!
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 28 November 2004 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I wouldn't say i'm prepared, Car isn't running, no sterio, no alarm, God i hope everything comes together real soon!!!

& if your running late on the day, be sure to have a map just incase you get left behind! Smile
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 28 November 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car not running? Shocked

engine in there? lol
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 28 November 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yea it's in Laughing

i was down there on saturday helping out on it to try hurry things up a bit, trying to sort out the coolant hoses & some wiring, while he was making the piping for the I/C,

The fingers are crossed i can tell you!

If i cant get it on the road i'll be stealing my brothers car for the weekend, sssh don't tell him! Laughing
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 28 November 2004 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ur bro have an ae86?

oh how did u go with the wiring diagram?
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 28 November 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea he's got a white one with black bumpers & simmons B46's only down side is it has a POS 4a-c monster under the bonnet Laughing

Oh yea I e-mailed those guys & they send me the diagram, I don't know if i'm going to have time to get it hooked up though, I'm hoping this weekend i'll get the radio & that all hooked up & working,

Do any of you guys have Air Conditioning in ya cars?

[Updated on: Sun, 28 November 2004 23:21]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 28 November 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what's air conditioning ?! Twisted Evil
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 28 November 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

LOL it's going to be a long day in the cars if it's hot! Can you imaging 40 degrees cabin temp for 14 hours! I can see heat stroke coming! Shocked
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 28 November 2004 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i reckon

the weekend was bad enough and i was only in my car for an hour!!

fark, i might just get an air feed happening, into the cabin Evil or Very Mad
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 28 November 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Week end was crazy! I went on a bogandore cruise(Bordom does strange things to people) with my mate on sunday to wollongong, my left arm & left side of my face are hell burnt! Laughing
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 29 November 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same, i got a singlet imprint from standing in the sun, i really do hope the weather is nice and chill going down, afterall, we ARE going to Melbourne aren't we Laughing Laughing Laughing
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 29 November 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It's the arse hole of aust isn't it? Razz Laughing
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 29 November 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha old joke:

'whats the difference between a Melbournian and a bag of shit?'
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 29 November 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

LOL What? tell me! Laughing
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 29 November 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the bag Twisted Evil
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 29 November 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UUP-46X wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 10:19

Do any of you guys have Air Conditioning in ya cars?

i do Wink
but its outta gas....
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 29 November 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ROFLMFAO!!!!! I had never heard that,

86drift you planning on getting it re-gassed?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 29 November 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep
by irish for $60 bucks
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 29 November 2004 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm hoping my car will be on the road tomorrow so i can try get my A/C hooked up, I doubt i'll get it done but shit am i going to try!!!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 29 November 2004 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can use my valuable thread info about portable units if all else fails Laughing

so far its a spray mist bottle and a mini fan, hell it'll get messy, but i need cooling Very Happy
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 29 November 2004 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice sig Des! Laughing
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Mon, 29 November 2004 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 09:40

Nice sig Des! Laughing

likewise Laughing Laughing
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 30 November 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Any of you guy bought those animal deterent whistle things yet, I got some last weekend $6.95 a pair from super crap, wonder if they actually work, Confused
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 30 November 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha i'm buying 4 just in case Evil or Very Mad
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 30 November 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do they get rid of cows?

I dont want to go through that again.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 30 November 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 13:20

Do they get rid of cows?

Laughing
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 30 November 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 12:50

Do they get rid of cows?

Just leave her at home man...

bwahahah Laughing
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 30 November 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch... bring some beans and we can do an exchange.

Ok guys, big news. I've gotten a reply from drift battle magazine. Theyre photographer has decided to cover our meet. I gave him a rundown on the weekend, and he's decided that Saturday is the day he wants to shoot! This is going to mean a 'club feature' in the magazine with possibly some upclose shots aswell as hopefully "the big" group shot of ALL our cars.

My next question is, is this bringabong park place a good place to assemble all our cars with some sort of scenery? Does it have 'higher ground' for better photo opportunities?. If not, maybe we'll need to head somewhere the photographer knows. (some type of dockyards?)

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 30 November 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazy mentalness!

omg its in 10 days, and my hachi broke down yesterday!!!
dont worry tho, itll be there no matter what, even if i have to push it 800 kays Wink
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 30 November 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone else doing the long stretch by themselfs besides me and bathurst..
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 30 November 2004 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrf_ool wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 20:34

anyone else doing the long stretch by themselfs besides me and bathurst..

yep, going solo over here Surprised

although i have a stack of CDs and the CB radio's will help heaps.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 30 November 2004 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 19:48

Arch... bring some beans and we can do an exchange.

Ok guys, big news. I've gotten a reply from drift battle magazine. Theyre photographer has decided to cover our meet. I gave him a rundown on the weekend, and he's decided that Saturday is the day he wants to shoot! This is going to mean a 'club feature' in the magazine with possibly some upclose shots aswell as hopefully "the big" group shot of ALL our cars.

My next question is, is this bringabong park place a good place to assemble all our cars with some sort of scenery? Does it have 'higher ground' for better photo opportunities?. If not, maybe we'll need to head somewhere the photographer knows. (some type of dockyards?)

GOOD STUFF Andrew!

I gather that their photographer resides in Melbourne? or is he flying down etc?

hmmm...wowsers, 9 days to go Smile
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 30 November 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well i was hoping i'd get the A/C going in my car but i remembered last nite i dont have a compressor that will mount up with the GZE that works, D'OH! Guess i'm going to have to use a rip off of Des' water spray! LOL Sorry Sprinter-saurus it could be hot! Crying or Very Sad

But on the good side of things got a Phone call on the way to work from the guy doing my comversion sounds like he's almost done! He was finishing off the I/C this morning so hopefully i'll get it in the next couple days so i can get an alarm put in & i can put in the sterio & other such things, ie: oil change,
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 30 November 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
niiicceee stuff Michael

Just got a breakthrough idea from the other thread. Apparently there are water condensed fans that run off 12V power from AutoPro. Gonna check it out soon Smile

Jezz, which room is James staying in?

[Updated on: Tue, 30 November 2004 22:57]

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 30 November 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Very Happy

Sweet let me know how you go with the cooling thing, I think a spray bottle is going to be the answer,

Hey have you changed the oil in your supercharger? i want to do it but i'm not sure what oil to use or how much oil i need, can ya help!!! Smile
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 30 November 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
amazingly i have never touched the oil in the charger, (it's probably rooted - haha no pun intended!) but it's pretty tricky to get to, located near the rear of the charger - recommended to use Toyota specific oil for it.

I might actually change it this weekend haha
Pages (8): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Puzzleman's Cruise This Saturday (11/12/04)
Next Topic:ADELAIDE: Toyota Cruise # 7 *Sunday 5th December*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:23:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0099859237670898 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.