Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Tue, 07 December 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now i have more thinking! Laughing

Guess maybe i'll have to wait & see how well it drives, once i pick it up i'll be going home to put the sterio & fan on then i'll try to drive it all nite, see how things go ay,
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 08 December 2004 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha yes yes, drive around see how it goes and how you feel about it. I think if all seems fine, give it a shot down to Melbourne - that'd be the ultimate test, and if anything goes wrong we'll be there to help you out Smile

If it makes ya feel better, here is the state of which my car is in - POS!! hahaha *gets back to it*

http://img78.exs.cx/img78/5713/shit7hw.jpg
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 08 December 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Atleast you got it back! heh. talk about at the last minute. This is assuming youve picked it up. lol. I also reken the only thing to worry about is how it runs. Drive it nonestop (swing by mine if you want) and see how she goes...

Des I picked up those Animal deterant whistles. It was hell funny, I was trying to explain it to the guy at the counter

"Do you have those whistles.. that like.. you attatch to your car and.... its got to do with animals"

Guys face; 'What the hell is this guy on about'.. "no sorry we dont have those" Then I took the time to explain it and it turns out they did have them and I got a pair. Laughing

But I thought theyd be high pitched whistles (like dog whistles.. that we cant hear) but after blowing into them, theyre just ur regular whistle Confused This might get hell anoying with the windows down.

Anyway. 2days to go..

[Updated on: Wed, 08 December 2004 04:38]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 08 December 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ur not gonna drive ur car? ur taking a 4ac?!?! jesus man... u crazy

I agree completely with des, drive the car for a couple hundred kays to iron out any issues and ur set. as for alarm, well i had to tear my alarm out coz it wouldnt disable the immobiliser (car wouldnt run) and i wont have it hooked back up till after melb. im still taking my car because i know that myself and every other 86er is looking out for it, just as i will be doing for them.

our un matchable comraderey (sp?) should be enough to scare off any would be theives Wink
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 08 December 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Wed, 08 December 2004 15:06

but after blowing into them, theyre just ur regular whistle Confused This might get hell anoying with the windows down.

Not as annoying as a roo jumping through ur windscreen and booting u in the face, making u lose control of the car and crash into an oncoming truck, so hard that ur car completely disintegrates and there is nothing left of you, so u cant even have an open casket funeral...

.. ill stop now lol

cyas in 3 days
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 08 December 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did a similar thing, got the 1g going 2 days before driving it all the way upto Byron from Sydney. Its a good test for it Smile
just make sure you do a few k's on it before to make sure its all working
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 08 December 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
point taken arch.

guys, seriously. Could you imagine someone crazy enough to try and steal a hachi over this weekend. They'll have 50 hachis roaming the streets after ready to rip them a new one.

It'd be like that scene in die hard 3 where mcclain stands on the streets of harlem with a sign that says.. i hate ****** .. you get the picture, violence would ensue.

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 08 December 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just had a thought. Where does everyone consider P6 to be at homebush? It would be funny if everyones P6 Ideas where in different areas.

Des, youve been on a meet there before. Where abouts on the homebush map on first page is it, Ill mark it to help out of towners.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 08 December 2004 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK!

well im ready, rego is done (i told you id find the money Wink ) and today is detailing day for me. who else has today off?

chad: i am going to fax the form thru now. looks like its gunna be AE86 only hahaha nice.

uup46x: i figured we will all just park each other in. so even if you do get a break in, in the unlikely case, they cant flog the car. so in the carpark we can just fill it up from 1 corner. the ppl with alarms will be the 'exposed' cars. sound good guys?

i have word ben from bel will be coming down friday night with old man sam and his wife in TAKUMI. so thats another car. also brians panda levin also may be coming depending on a driver.

as for P6 parking, here is the FINAL MEETING POINT.

http://www.sydneyolympicpark.com.au/DynamicImages/ Files/Visitor-Map-August-2003.pdf

its RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE on the second map!!!!

if anyone needs a hand this arvo to get their car running, i can come over if your desperate. 0410 562 457.

everyone have your CB's on CHANNEL 12. incase someone is lost. Smile
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 08 December 2004 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well Andrew, on the map on the first page - usually P6-B and P6C are the meeting spots because as you are going along Australia Ave, you can visually see those carparks, so it'd be hard to miss at 6am with cars and ppl around.

man, had some issues with the car last few days, lets just hope all goes well with everyone's cars.

and i'm hoping everyone remembers it's tomorrow.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 08 December 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im also home today Wink

finalising some things.

the weather forecast doesnt look good for all of friday (both sydney and melbourne) but then forecastors are incompatent.

Ok, I have to go sort out some things.

Remember, 6am everyone. Smile
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Wed, 08 December 2004 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i'm stuck here at work Mad

I got a hangover and i'm still f00lly sick Embarassed the whole world is spinning ! plus my car is covered in bat shit!

*dreading 6am Confused
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 09 December 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
des come to mine after work, ill clean your car good.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 09 December 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
too far Crying or Very Sad your on the other side of the equator Surprised

prolly just throw a few buckets of water and call it a night Confused
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 09 December 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hey guys!

havn't been able to get on here as i havn't been at work & the internet at home which i'm using now is ghey!

But here's a quick up date, I left work at 12pm yesterday to go pick up my car as he said it would be finished mid morning, got there & it wasn't running, he said he had some wiring to finish off, so i left & told him to call me asap! 10:30pm he call & says it'll be running in about 15mins come on down, so dad & i drive down to the work shop & when we get there he is still under the bonnet with one of his mates & the car isn't running!

11:45 comes around car still not running he looks at me & my dad & says "It doesn't look like you'll be driving this home tonite, i'll call an auto electrition 1st thing in the morning & call you when it's finished"

I have not yet heard from him but am going to call him now, There is no way i am going to trust this car to make it all the way to melb & i'll be lucky if i even get to drive it home today,

i prob wont get a chance to get back on here before the morning so i'll see you all at 6am! i'll be in the white 4a-c. Crying or Very Sad
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 09 December 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also i've got the BBQ in the boot, did you guys still want me to bring it??????
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 09 December 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMFG that is just wrong!!!!! Confused

gimme the car and gze and i'll have it started for you in 2 days Twisted Evil

is he even a qualified mechanic? sounds like he is badly organised and has little to no professionalism on time management Rolling Eyes

farken hell!!!!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad

well i guess 4AC it is! bring on the BBQ it'll be a 'just in case we get abandoned in the middle of nowhere' kind of thing Surprised
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 09 December 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok boys, im off work.

see you all in the morning.

don't forget CB radios!!!!

IT'S TIME!!!!!!!!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2004 06:04]

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 09 December 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

cb?? lol it's in the glove box already!

Man i'm guna struggle to sleep tonite! Laughing

no worries i'll bring the BBQ,

I'm off now to pack, then goin to crash at my bro's see ya's at 6am! Shocked Laughing
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 09 December 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James has bailed out Mad Rolling Eyes
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 09 December 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Australia's second bigest AE86 meet!

Dun worry, we'll still have a good time.
I'll see u all in a day. Smile

Drive safe everyone.

Garth and Des: Can you bring some krispy kreme? Embarassed

-Jay
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 09 December 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm dead serious.. can someone bring me down two boxes [of krispy kreme]? one of assorted and one of originals? i'll gladly pay for them when u get here
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 09 December 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LiL_MiC wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 23:08

i'm dead serious.. can someone bring me down two boxes [of krispy kreme]? one of assorted and one of originals? i'll gladly pay for them when u get here

You guys got a death/fat wish or something????

KK's are the DEVIL!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 09 December 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KK are wicked! jeremy when we came there we bought over 100 donuts, it was so good lol
Red Bitch
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 09 December 2004 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For those of You that Would Like to Know Ae86 Sydney > Melbourne Convoy is on it way
Looks GREAT all the AE86 on Behind the Other Just Rolling Down the Highway CB's on and not to forget the AE86 On the Trailer From QLD
I Hope They Have a Good Time In Melbourne
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Thu, 09 December 2004 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doh i want kk! if only i saw jay's post or thought of it earlier
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Fri, 10 December 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant wait for pics
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Fri, 10 December 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wish all the boys a safe trip
can't wait for pics!
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sat, 11 December 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah... but what about the doughnuts?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 12 December 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all

time for a bit of a report from the SA side of things.

The trip was pretty fucked, well for me at least. About 40 kays out of bendigo, my front right wheel bearing seized, and i limped another 200 kays to melb.

Once there things got better, we met the Sydney boys at the f1 motel, chatted and reminised lol.

Its a shame i couldnt come to the bbq, i think some other sa guys went there tho.

Today the drift comp was pretty kool. Our show and shine was awesome, to see all the hachi rokus together was a sight to behold. Some funny sprinter antics on the parade lap too, some will know what i mean hahahaha

James Vahoumis from D1 garage placed first, with Christian from japanese motorsport placed 2nd. not sure on who placed 3rd, but apparently the subaru wagon placed 4th, and simon placed 5th. Thats means out of the top 5 guys, 4 were from SA. Nuff said.

will get some pics up shortly

edit: fujiwara tofu where were u at the show n shine?

[Updated on: Sun, 12 December 2004 09:40]

Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 12 December 2004 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I parked in the normal carpark, i'm a tightarse.

Nah i just had issues whether i was driving, and/or whether i wanted to compromise the security of my car given the recent events as you would know.

And speaking of 'antics' Arch, i heard all the stories about you from Jeremy and Garth getting ur pic taken at the most ... shall we say 'interesting' moments?

Anyone have the photos? Joel i'm looking at you?

Awesome car Arch i must say. Good thing Adam was around hey?

-Jay
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne convoy official info/thread Sun, 12 December 2004 23:43 Go to previous message
hi guys.
well, what can i say...
us SA boys all had a great time im sure (even arch).
well, lets not talk about the drive over. we will just say it was quite 'interesting'.
anyhow, i've hardly had any sleep till friday morning, and i had to fly back to work early this morning (thank god for energy drinks)
mm, well, seeing all those ae86 was great. makes me feel sad that i couldnt bring mine Sad i needed to represent the 2dr gang.

i feel ill... Confused
Pages (8): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Puzzleman's Cruise This Saturday (11/12/04)
Next Topic:ADELAIDE: Toyota Cruise # 7 *Sunday 5th December*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:22:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069260597229004 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.