Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » South Australia » Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED**

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 21 October 2004 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
personally there is no way i am going as hard as i can, for three reasons, one being the melbourne road trip, two being the AIR drift day, three being the melbourne road trip!

If my car is not functional for three events i am gonna be massively pissed off Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Fri, 22 October 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so who is definately in?

I'll start a list so we all know who is going to be there.
turbo-a
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Fri, 22 October 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be there but :
1. It's a friday - most people will be working.
2. ClubPSi have a drift practice on the 14th.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Fri, 22 October 2004 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I work Saturday nights 8:30pm to 8am, so Friday is great for me Smile

I'll make the next one on a Saturday (Day).

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2004 13:51]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Fri, 22 October 2004 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put me down for some track action champ Very Happy
[CatchMe]
Regular

June 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Sat, 23 October 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's no denying its the cheapest way to learn the track, but Im out for this one for the reasons I said before Smile

I may come out for a laugh though Smile
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 25 October 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the moment im a maybe. I had some troubles on the weekend with fuel leaking out the back of my car, not too sure yet what the problem is as i havent had a full on look yet, but it will definitely be going in within the next few weeks to get fixed, depending on price im gonna upgrade all the lines and maybe the pump, but ill have to wait on price.

At this stage, i cant see why i wont be there. So put me down.

Jon

PS: Sanj you can come laugh at me buddy, s'all good Laughing
turbo-a
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 26 October 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres my Mallala experience;
http://www.turbo-a.net/modules.php?name=News&f ile=article&sid=45&mode=&order=0&t hold=0

That was with the porsche club, not that bad considering im now a member for a year and I have a CAMs 2S lisense.
turbo-a
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
wtf Tue, 26 October 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Full run down :
http://www.turbo-a.net/modules.php?name=News&f ile=article&sid=44&mode=&order=0&t hold=0

Porsche Club of SA:
http://www.pcsa.asn.au/

CAMs:
http://www.cams.com.au/

[Updated on: Tue, 26 October 2004 14:18]

big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Wed, 27 October 2004 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I now hope i can still make this...My car is at Fours N More as it decided to leak fuel on the Celica Cruise...so im getting every fuel line replaced and a bigger fuel pump.

The next available bookin date was the 10th of next month but the guys are just gonna do a little bit of work on it every now and then, meaning it could be 2, 3 weeks before i get it back Confused But im in no hurry yet...

Jon
turbo-a
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Wed, 27 October 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuel leak out the back? *thinks of Die Hard movie... yippy ky'ya!*
So your fuel lines were leaking? or the pump?

Everyone reminder - Extreme horsepower this w/e
Browny
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 28 October 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are no major HQ holden or Ea falcon meets in november so i doubt there will be a huge amount fo them testing out on this day. I know from the HQ guys ive been talking to that they arnt testing much latly due to a fuel issue thats been going around in the HQ league about which fuel is legal and thuis which fuel they need to be tuned to. Seems like this is a good date for it then. I might go out and have a laugh at big jon and prolly end up trying to fix something as things often seem to break when its the first time out on the track for the driver.
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 28 October 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Browny wtf? It has nothing to do with the HQ's or EA's...Its a practice day for the public...You Stooge.

Anyways, i wont be breaking anything on my car cos icant afford to fix anything more after either this week or next week Confused

Jon
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 28 October 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So why was your car at FNM Jon? I saw it there today.
Browny
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 28 October 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah jon its a public practise day true. But when are these days the most crowded????? when there is a major race meet coming up. The HQ and EAs dont many set practice days so they use the public ones to test with. When this happens the track is packed and its really not fun for the others.
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 28 October 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danish wrote on Thu, 28 October 2004 19:12

So why was your car at FNM Jon? I saw it there today.

Theyre dropping the fuel tank, having a look to see what may have caused the leak, then replacing every fuel line from the tank to the engine (except the steel lines along the body) and ive gotta talk to them about getting a bigger fuel pump Very Happy

I miss my baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 02 November 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I just picked up my car from FNM, the brake pedal has never felt better! Master cylinder was swapped for a reconditioned one.

Reminding everyone who is going to check their brakes. Smile
Chaos
Occasional Poster

November 2003

Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 02 November 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would REALLY love to go but its a friday which means im at work Mad, and the next one isnt until December Crying or Very Sad
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 02 November 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, how did my car look? Fark i miss it, coming up on a week without it, over a week not driving it Confused

LOL

Jon
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 02 November 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, it was safe and sound!
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 02 November 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent. Thats kinda what I like to hear...in these situations anyways!

Jon
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Wed, 03 November 2004 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm...ok, so yeah, i cant afford to go, after the car has broke, and some other fines etc......sooooooooooooooooooo farken farked off...stupid bills and shit...ive still got the day off work so ill see if i can still come out and watch and video, but unfortunately i wont be running this time round *balling eyes out* Confused

Jon
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Wed, 03 November 2004 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh well there's always a next time Sad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Wed, 03 November 2004 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Too pissed off to talk about it Sad
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 04 November 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats with that, dude? Annoyed cos i cant go or something else or like what???

Jon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 04 November 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
big JON wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 17:25

Whats with that, dude? Annoyed cos i cant go or something else or like what???

Jon

nah man i have to FUCKING WORK!! Mad

WHICH IS FUCKING GHEY WIF TEH FUCKING GAY ASS MODO POOFTER STYLE AIDS!! Mad Mad Sad
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 04 November 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
youd be fuckin spewin dude!!! Like Danish said...theres always next time Sad
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 04 November 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess it will probably be just me out there this time!

I'll organise another anyway... hopefully on a Saturday.
Chaos
Occasional Poster

November 2003

Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 04 November 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4th of december sounds good! Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 04 November 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man 4th of december i am all for as well Very Happy

my car isnt getting hot anymore woohoo! Very Happy
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Fri, 05 November 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4th of December is good as well. I think on the 5th of December the Porsche club is having a Super Sprint day I was going to try out if I could arrange to get work off early. Otherwise the 4th will be good.

I'm still going on the 12th by the way if anyone else is interested.
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Sat, 06 November 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got a cruise on the 4th so im out for that date too...grrrr Sad time after that maybe?? lol,

Jon
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Sat, 06 November 2004 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is no luck with you is there!

No track day for you! Come back 1 year.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Track Days At Mallala Sun, 07 November 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can make the december one not the november one, hopefully a decent set of pads + DBA rotors might help too - phear teh brakes.

Quote:

This is not a CAMS sanctioned event, be warned motorsport is dangerous. Pace yourself do not go beyond your envelope.
Hmmm - methinks I will have to go back from 9/10ths to 8/10ths just to be safe.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 09 November 2004 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It looks like there is going to be a bit of bad weather on Friday.

So I'm cancelling this one just in case.

I think most people would rather go to a weekend event anyway, or most people arn't ready yet.

Look out for the next one, i'll post details.
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Tue, 09 November 2004 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think this is probly a good idea Danish...Seen as i think you were the only one in the end that could go!

I'll see what time my cruise finishes, or even starts, on the 4th as to whether or not i go out for a bit and watch, but no, wont have time to run my car.

Jon
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Tue, 09 November 2004 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still crossing my fingers that my GT4 comes good before then!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Wed, 10 November 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
opic but FWDBOY your new avatar is full sick uleah Very Happy

nah it actually is hella decent Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Wed, 10 November 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I could only ditch the ABS i'd be able to get better action on dirt happening Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Wed, 10 November 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what its not as simple as removing the fuse for ABS?
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Fri, 19 November 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, so whose going out on the 4th? Is it gonna be another one of those events where commitment reigns supreme???

On that note tho, i wont be putting my car on the track unfortunately

Jon
Chaos
Occasional Poster

November 2003

Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Sun, 21 November 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will definately be going out on the 4th!
Few of my mates might be comming along too
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Sun, 21 November 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be going out, but i wont be putting my car on the track. a dont have any money, b wouldnt really be safe at the moment...

Jon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Sun, 21 November 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danish count me out dude, ive got a head gasket to replace that weekend, if only it were later Sad
blue72ta22
Regular

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Mon, 21 March 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didnt have time to read all posts .but.

Mallala track days give us all a chance to get in our street registered or not cars, pay some cash and hoon around all day on a track againgst race Hq's and rotaries. cant beat the feeling.

They haven't even looked at my car yet, but the other drivers will be searching closely if you're drivn crazy or their fearing your gonna take em out when somethn falls off.... Rolling Eyes

I dont understand that more dont go out. Especially with a group where the fun only gets better. Good place to practice your drifting..........i hear.......will learn one day.

Did any of ya's have times from laps? In my TA22 3tg Turbs I managed a 1:29:00. Just would like to hear how many seconds I have to catch up to ya's thats all. Embarassed

I Wanna go out with others.....keep me posted.......Adrian

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Tue, 22 March 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The slowest qualifying time for an IPRA U1600 at the Feb meet was 1:27.14. I hope to be in the low 1:20s at the most.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 March 2005 11:22]

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Wed, 23 March 2005 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With my new job I don't have time to do anything these days. Sad
Aussie
Regular

June 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Thu, 24 March 2005 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blue72ta22 wrote on Mon, 21 March 2005 20:22

I dont understand that more dont go out. Especially with a group where the fun only gets better. Good place to practice your drifting..........i hear.......will learn one day.

HEY ADRIAN!! long time no see Very Happy bring the 22... or as ive heard from benen... the 28?? out to a driftday and have some fun !! Surprised

i could be up for a track day, I've been on mallala a few times now and know the track fairly well, but havent exactly been there to take the racing line Laughing hrmmm Adrian, planning on getting a celica club track day going??
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Sat, 09 April 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey i like the look of the S4 in your sig [CatchMe]... it looks like the S4 my mate bought from you a while back!! that is one nice car, best looking series 4 ive seen...
Did u take it out on the track ever?

The 7 went to a good home, blokes that are very enthuiastic about rotor TLC.
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Sat, 09 July 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate to bring up old posts, but seeing as there is a topic here already, could we organise another one?
Smile i would be keen!
-Talasas-
Regular

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Fri, 15 July 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I ight be in too. I tired of waiting to get a "Good enough" car. And since I've stiffed up the suspension now and the eninge is in a pretty reliable state I wanna give it a run. Seems to be a good price.
[CatchMe]
Regular

June 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Thu, 11 August 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On Sept 4, there's a Modern Regularity.

Full CAMS sanctioned event, official timing etc.

You will need CAMS L2S license, fire extinguisher, blue triangle and to get the car scrutineered.

The idea of Modern Reg is to nominate a time and be as consistent as possible. You acrue penalty points for every .1 of a second you are away from you nominated time. The person with the least points wins. Ie. you can win the day even if you are in the slowest car. This doesnt mean you can't go flat out or anything - you most definitely can!

If you're interested email me at skumar@internode.on.net

I hope to be out for it, and a few of the SARotors guys definitely will be.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Thu, 11 August 2005 01:04 Go to previous message
sanjay how much does modern regularity cost?
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Drift Nats! Was it any good?
Next Topic:Visit to SA
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:05:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084340572357178 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.