Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » South Australia » Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED**

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
icon4.gif  Track Days At Mallala **CANCELED** Sun, 17 October 2004 07:23 Go to next message
**CANCELED**
Unfortunately it looks like it will be thunderstorms and rain on Friday, like much of the week. The track may still be open but I may not be attending.

I'll be organising another one though. Most likely on a Saturday so more people can go.

Mallala Practice Day: Friday 12th of November

Everyone is invited. Please read the following posts for more information.

Cost: $70 cash
Time: 10am and 15 min sessions start from 10:30am to 5pm.
Bring: Normal license, cash, helmet (motobike helmet is ok), full tank of petrol, food/drink, maybe extra tyres. Video and Still cameras, perhaps a stopwatch.
Wear: Long sleeves, pants. Cotton, no 100% synthetics.
Maintenance: Newish brake pads, serviced and roadworthy car. Mallala is hard on brakes.

This is not a CAMS sanctioned event, be warned motorsport is dangerous. Pace yourself do not go beyond your envelope.

You do not need, but I recomend:

Fire Extinguisher
Bonnet strap
Blue Triangle Battery Marking

Currently attending:

Danish -Driving
Arch?
big JON -Maybe Driving
genkin
ShAkEn
bbaacchhyy?
Patr1c?
FWDboy?
[CatchMe] -Maybe Spectating

[/size]

[Updated on: Tue, 09 November 2004 14:07]

Send a private message to this user    
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Track Days At Mallala Sun, 17 October 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think most people here aren't all that keen on motorsport and the like. Except for the sprintah dudes and their dorifto obsession Very Happy
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Sun, 17 October 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well what's the point in having a powerful car. Crying or Very Sad
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Track Days At Mallala Sun, 17 October 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you can go to the dragstrip and then brag about quarter mile times Smile

I'm more of a rally-dude myself but if I had a better set-up car and some more money for tyres etc I'd love to go up to mallala and do some lapping.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Track Days At Mallala Sun, 17 October 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not that no ones interested in track days, its just finding the time and money to do it

im keen for a track day once the drift car is finished, i wanna see what sort of time the car can clock on lala
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Track Days At Mallala Sun, 17 October 2004 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id be keen for a grip run too
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Sun, 17 October 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
better turn this to planning or the thread'll get locked/moved, cos we know that the NSW boys are gonna be keen to go to mallala........
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Sun, 17 October 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok well I'll look into it and give a selection of days etc and requirements.

Some time after the 23rd.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Track Days At Mallala Sun, 17 October 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see theres a date now its a planned event

suck on that mods
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Sun, 17 October 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the same note, who has been on a sprint/track/clubday (not a drift day, as it's different) and can fill in what is needed.

I had a few links to the Porsche and Soarer club that had details on what you needed to do to your car and type of helmets needed. I'll see if I can dig them up, scrutineering details etc.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Track Days At Mallala Sun, 17 October 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drift day and prac day at mallala is the same scruiteneering

since prac trac time is not a speed event under cams rules.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Track Days At Mallala Sun, 17 October 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The mods aren't totally evil btw Razz

Simon - yeah time and money is the main factor.

But it does seem like there is a bit of scarcity of motorsport nuts around here... Confused
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Track Days At Mallala Sun, 17 October 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get into drift mate Wink
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Sun, 17 October 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IM IN IM IN IM IN IM IN!!!! Laughing

Been itching to get the soarer out on the track and come on people its $50 for 4 runs on a saturday afternoon, you dont need a fire extinguisher, you dont need teh blue stickers, all you need is a road worthy car and an ability to rock up at lala Very Happy

Danish is the 23rd of Nov when its happening?

That will give me time to source some supra brakes, cos autos and tracks arent very nice with pissy brakes Sad
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Auto's and lala arent easy on brakes...actually lala alone isnt easy on brakes.

Im hell keen for a track day, its just a matter of when it is and whether i can afford it...but if its only $50 for an arvo then its probly worth $100 with petty and tyres, but thats still pretty cheap fun.

Youd hafta wear a helmet, long sleeves and long pants. Also, we dont need a battery sticker, or a fire extinguisher...is that right??

Jon
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in for a track day!
don't mean to ruin your plans Danish, but I reckon it would be cool if lots of the 86 guys had a track time showdown Wink
Ms_SILYCAR
Regular

I supported Toymods

January 2004

Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if we gte enough people interested in this sort of thing then when the club is up and rolling, graham and i will organise track days for u....

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no offence stef but we want to go to the track this year.

23rd it is?

what you people think?
ShAkEn
Regular

April 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in for a track day!!!!
im more of a rally man but, hachi fun is hachi fun.
will it be a private thing?
even for a cams 'come and try' day u need lots of stuff.
stuff= bonnet catch, batt sticker, 2l oil catch can, fire ext...blah blah
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no you dont need shit at these ones because you arent being timed, all you need is the helmet Very Happy
Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone tell me what racing techniques in drifting you dont use in Rally?

Will be up for a track day as soon as the cars running. If not will come out in the ke70 for a hoot.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes It will be some time after the 23rd within the following month.

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sun, 17 October 2004 20:11

see theres a date now its a planned event

suck on that mods

peewee wrote on Sun, 17 October 2004 19:35

better turn this to planning or the thread'll get locked/moved, cos we know that the NSW boys are gonna be keen to go to mallala........

Please show some maturity people. It's getting rather petty, much like a kid who isn't allowed to play with a toy. A toy he wasn't allowed to play with to begin with.

To Danish however, good luck with getting some guys out to the track. It sure is a hell of a good way to get to know the handling of your car in a nice safe environment.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 October 2004 06:28]

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers Joshstix!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
genkin wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 10:34

don't mean to ruin your plans Danish, but I reckon it would be cool if lots of the 86 guys had a track time showdown Wink

AE86 BATTLE!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

how good would it be.. oh man we gotta do that

Edit: what do u mean not being timed? if we arent being timed whats the point of a grip run?

[Updated on: Mon, 18 October 2004 08:56]

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's the point... it's fun.
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 18:25

genkin wrote on Mon, 18 October 2004 10:34

AE86 BATTLE!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

how good would it be.. oh man we gotta do that

Edit: what do u mean not being timed? if we arent being timed whats the point of a grip run?

Yeah i was thinking that, while i want to get out on the lala i want a time so i know how i go....

Jon
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gimmy my toy!
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everyone is welcome, all types of cars. I don't care. Just thought it would be good to have some familiar people along.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok this is what I have found out so far.

Mallala practice days are run a few times a month. You need a normal car license, and $70 for the entrance fee. This is just a basic drive on the track without timing. Mallala opens at 10am and 15 min sessions start from 10:30am to 5pm.

The only requirements for practice days are that you have a helmate and common sense would tell you to install new brake pads and that your car is generally road worthy. It is also advised that you pump up your tyres to their maximum limit to stop the sidewalls from collapsing. I also have a fire extinguisher within reach in my car as they are cheap.

The next available track days after the 23rd are:

NOVEMBER 2004
Saturday 6 Practice
Friday 12 Practice (Cars Only)

DECEMBER 2004
Saturday 4 Practice (General)

For timed events you must have a CAMS license and be apart of a car club like the Porche Club SA. They have their joining fees or once off fees for timed practice days.

A CAMS licence is $83 per year and associate Porche Club SA membership is $30 per year. Your car will be scrutineered on the day. http://www.pcsa.asn.au/

For a CAMS event (ie. timed club practice day) this is what is required:
http://www.pcsa.asn.au/SprintPrep.pdf

This is the expensive route. I suggest that whoever isn't driving to time laps with a stopwatch if that's what you want and take the first option.

For either option you should have full length cotton clothing, like jeans and a long sleeve tshirt and fill up on Ultimate before you leave home.

Thanks to Gary Morriss from the ALSC forums for the information.

So far I would like to go on Friday the 12th of November as I work Saturday nights. Please express your interested for those days mentioned above.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 October 2004 12:21]

big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put me down, ill be there with bells on...on the 12th that is...and my bells will be the stupid chime i havent disabled yet that comes on when im doing more then 105 kays!

Jon
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well that's two for the 12th, and I still have my speed chime on so I'll be driving angry.
Vanquish
Regular

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fitting your car with some semi metalic pads is a very good idea if you are going to do a few laps, most road cars will run out of brakes after a lap or even before as mallas is extremely hard on brakes. Id recommend fresh break fluid also. I did a 1:34.8 in my roady ra28 which is ok for a reasonably standard car but tyre grip is a big factor. I took my dads ta22 rally car for a quick few laps and did a 1:28.7 which is a little slow for the car but a few more laps should see a 26 or so. Its alot more fun with big brakes, semi slicks and grunt tho Smiley =
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's right Vanquish, whoever I talk to that has been to Mallala always recomends new track pads. Your pads will wear out after a few laps, even new ones if you are pushing hard each corner.

Don't bother with semi slicks, you can pay more than $500 a tyre. Just get out there and have some fun!
Vanquish
Regular

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Na pad wear isnt really an issue, after 80 laps i wore a new set of pads to the backing plate so a sprint or two wont hurt em. The brakes just get so faaaarken hot and dont pull up, brake fluid can boil also.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a CAMS L2S license, does that help Smile
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy, yes sure, means you can go along with the Porche club and get timed laps. But it also means you have to pay a bit more.

From what the Soarer boys tell me brake pad wear is an issue for our heavier and more powerful cars.

They also say, once you have finished your session, do not stop drive out of Mallala and cruise down the road for a few minutes, then back again to cool down the brakes. This will also be good for your engine and turbos.
Vanquish
Regular

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea spot on. those turbos must get daim hot!
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Danish,

Got your PM, and when the car is going, the answer is a definite yes. Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod

It will still be a little while though.

I echo the sentiments re the brakes, and advise people to make sure their DISCS as well as their pads (invest in a decent set) is a must for Mallala

Cheers

Michael B

PS If I can, I'll try and come out and watch at least.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Mon, 18 October 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
12th sounds good danish Nod

I think we should set thursday aside for removing of the speed bell as that could get rather annoying Mad
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 19 October 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I probably won't make it as currently my brakes are crap and I don't have the money to fork out for some new discs and pads Sad Discs are currently too warped and the pads are too 'street' (ie the suck after braking hard just a few times in succession from high speed) had to fork out $210 for rebuilding the front calipers just recently anyway!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 19 October 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont be gay, you hafta come!

big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 19 October 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 08:52

I think we should set thursday aside for removing of the speed bell as that could get rather annoying Mad

I so agree with this!!!!

I didnt realise it was a friday, and if we do this on the thursday ill hafta organise two days off!!!

Jon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 19 October 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
big JON wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 14:26

I so agree with this!!!!

I didnt realise it was a friday, and if we do this on the thursday ill hafta organise two days off!!!

Jon

its dash removal stuff you do realise this dont you big jon?
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 19 October 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm.. I'll come along if I have my suspension, brakes, intercooler and BOV done in time! Embarassed
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 19 October 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe yeah maybe, but you know how lazy I am about little things like that.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 19 October 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

dont be gay, you hafta come!
I'm not gay, just metro Razz

Nah I would really like to come, but I think my braking style is like Henri Toivonen's (RIP) and I'd be stuffed after a lap or two Sad I'll try to get the money together for some front discs and pads (screw the rears) and get out there but I don't think I'll be able to get the cash in time!
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 19 October 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 14:35

I so agree with this!!!!

Jon

yes, i do. and believe you me, i really need that little chime to mcfuck off...its sooooooo annoying. But also, im not gonna like pulling my dash apart...it looks too much like hard work!!!

big JON
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 19 October 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
big JON wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 19:20

I so agree with this!!!!

Jon

yes, i do. and believe you me, i really need that little chime to mcfuck off...its sooooooo annoying. But also, im not gonna like pulling my dash apart...it looks too much like hard work!!!

big JON

Then again I just installed a killa stereo, thats right i said it, its killa!

So i cant really hear teh chime anymore Very Happy
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 19 October 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 20:00

big JON wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 19:20

I so agree with this!!!!

Jon

big JON

Then again I just installed a killa stereo, thats right i said it, its killa!

So i cant really hear teh chime anymore Very Happy

Haha, yeah im trying to figure out still how im gonna do my stereo...its not happening too fast at the moment tho...grrrrr.

Jon
turbo-a
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 19 October 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Track day @ Mallala requires:
1. Bonnet Strap to hold bonnet down
2. Fire Extinguisher
3. Battery Marking (triangle above battery for safety crew)
4. Tape over glass (eg. headlights)
5. Helmet
6. Long sleeve clothing, non flamable.
7. Road worthy car (brakes good, no leaks etc)

Be with a club - eg. Porsche club
Have 2S CAMs license, provided through porsche club.

Stef, you wont get enough to pay for the event. Your better of to tag along with Porsche club, as the WRX club does. Check www.wrxsa.com for details on the next events, or my site www.turbo-a.net

Jon : make a door bell from ur dash.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 19 October 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turbo-a, but that's only for timed events isnt it?

Other days are cheaper and require less prep. They charge $83 for a Cams license and up to $100 to the club itself for the day. I think for most people that is exorbitant.

But on the other hand, that is the whole point of the Mallala practise day, if you like it take it up with a club.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 October 2004 03:56]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Tue, 19 October 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turbo-a wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 22:14

Track day @ Mallala requires:
1. Bonnet Strap to hold bonnet down
2. Fire Extinguisher
3. Battery Marking (triangle above battery for safety crew)
4. Tape over glass (eg. headlights)
5. Helmet
6. Long sleeve clothing, non flamable.
7. Road worthy car (brakes good, no leaks etc)

Be with a club - eg. Porsche club
Have 2S CAMs license, provided through porsche club.

Stef, you wont get enough to pay for the event. Your better of to tag along with Porsche club, as the WRX club does. Check www.wrxsa.com for details on the next events, or my site www.turbo-a.net

Jon : make a door bell from ur dash.

clubmanmc filled you in did he?

anyways as danish said none of that is needed becuase we arent being officially timed, but i intend on having someone in the stands timing me Very Happy
turbo-a
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Wed, 20 October 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've spoken to Clubman, but no the info came from CAMs.
I spoke to them to make sure my car will pass the scruteniering.

I'll post more info once Ive done the event on my site. Including video from outside, and depending how strict they are, inside too. (lots of gaffa tape Smile

The free days are as they sound, free days, they are run once a month from record with a rotation of bikes, gokarts and cars. I'm keen for printouts tho, it's the only way to know ur faster.
[CatchMe]
Regular

June 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 21 October 2004 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres a reason you dont need all the safety gear for a practise day, and its because they're not CAMS sanctioned, hence doesn't have to comply with CAMS rules. This also means no Liability Insurance on your behalf.

Further, no scrutineering means you have no guarantee that the car tailgating you at 180 actually has brakes. Or that the one in front isnt about to drop a shitload of oil at the next apex because his sump plug is really a wine cork.

Mallala's not safe. You do high speeds within metres of solid concrete walls and 2 tonne flying metal boulders (other cars)... http://www.alsc.aus.as/messages/180/34836.jpg
that happened 2 months ago, and no he wasnt being an idiot, it can just happen to anyone Sad

You'd all be much better waiting for a CAMS event. Yes it's more expensive, but its safer, and its timed. The open day when that photo occurred they had the HQ & Falcon Sedans out there doing practise in amongst slow road cars, and with 32 cars on a 1.2? kilometre track all doing high speeds.... well you do the math. Coincidentally though, the next time out was apparently dead, no bikes, no racers practising just a couple of Soarer blokes. So it really is a hit or miss affair. (A CAMS event will list the max number of cars that will be allowed on the track during a session.)

As for car prep, have near new pads (esp if youre going out in a newer Soarer... I cant say i know much about the older ones), and recently changed brake fluid (within 6-12 mths - but make sure its full). Also ensure all fluids are at the full mark (trans, power steering, engine oil, headlight fluid). And if you've got an auto make sure it doesnt get too hot because heat will kill it. If the fluids boiling, don't go back out. Don't inflate tyres to their maximum capacity, because as the heat gets into them the pressures will rise, taking them above what they can safely hold. 40-45psi is about right and about what most people think a street car needs anyway Rolling Eyes Dont bother with nitrogen inflation etc etc. If it was me Id still have a battery triangle and a fire extinguisher on my car going out there but if youre on a budget it's up to you.

Oh yeah, and for those saying Mallala is fairly hard on brakes... it is renowned as the hardest track for brakes in Australia! Look at a map of the circuit and you'll see fast straights with relatively slow corners...

Anyway enough blabbering. For those interested in a CAMS event I know of a Regularity on the 28th of November and I think Sprints are on the 5th of December. There's probably other things on in between as well.

Anyhow if you still decide to go out I'll come out later on and take lots of photos if its a nice day Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2004 01:24]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 21 October 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agree 200% with CatchMe.

I have been there in a cct car in a proper race meeting and that back straight is quick. In my RX2, i got to 190 before hitting the skids for what is a 30 odd km/hr hairpin.

The only thing CatchMe didn't mention was common sense !!!

My fastest lap was a 1:20 and when you get it right, it is BUZZ

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2004 03:21]

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 21 October 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are scaring people now, but thanks for the info. I think I'll give it ago a few times first, then if I like it i'll do it the CAMS way.

I don't think I'd like to be on the track with many cars at once. You're right, no scrutineering means nana's 120Y can race.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 21 October 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the link that I was originally looking for:

http://planetsoarer.com/trackday/trackday.htm

Set up for CAMS events at Mallala. Some tips can also be taken for the non CAMS practice days.
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 21 October 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice essay Sanj.

people should listen to what others say instead of telling them that they're scaring people, most times wha tother people have to say are the facts, and that way people dont get mislead.

Im still gonna be going out, but im gonna be going at my own speed and taking my own time, im there to have fun, not win any medals trying

Jon
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Track Days At Mallala Thu, 21 October 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
big JON wrote on Thu, 21 October 2004 22:42

Nice essay Sanj.

people should listen to what others say instead of telling them that they're scaring people, most times wha tother people have to say are the facts, and that way people dont get mislead.

Im still gonna be going out, but im gonna be going at my own speed and taking my own time, im there to have fun, not win any medals trying

Jon

I think most of us are going to be taking our time and learning, hence why I dont care about being timed.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Drift Nats! Was it any good?
Next Topic:Visit to SA
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:38:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088920593261719 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.