Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer - Australias first bozuzoku drifter

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 23 June 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmm...i too can now see this, even tho it is very very slight...im gonna check it out when i get home, and measure the gap at the back...what level would you consider as very bad?

Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 23 June 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By rights it should really be dead straight.
Otherwise it can put stress's on the tailshaft and inturn the diff.

Give it a measure, see how far its out.

By the looks from the photo the front would be about 2cm further to the right than the rear (from standing infront).

But that could just be the angle of the camera.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 23 June 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ill measure it when I get home...

this sucks ass becuase making those mounts took a whole farken day, it would blow to have to do it again...
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 23 June 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only 1 would have to be changed.
And it would be a pretty simple mod (depending on what they look like)

How did you even get the gbox crossmember to line up with the motor like that?

The mount would have been over an inch out.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 23 June 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gearbox x member lined up perfectly took a small knock with a rubber mallet to line up but the movement was very minimal like 2mm max...

i cant belive how well it lined up..but then again I havent removed it since I put the engine in and these mounts came after we had got the engine in, so there is probably some fair strain on the gearbox mount atm
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 23 June 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh, k, maybe the whole motor is to the right then.

Measure the halfway point across the firewall.
Measure the halfway point across the radiator support panel.

This should line up with the centre of the motor.

This is what I did with my mounts. Used the gearbox mount as the pivot point and lined the motor up straight. And from what I can tell its perfectly straight.
http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/eng_conv_2/fi nished_bay_1.jpg
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 23 June 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Cruzsida is right, that other plane is on the piss too. If your gearbox was straight with the engine looks the driveshaft would finish at the rear drivers tyre (slight exageration).

You really need to measure the crank front but make sure your radiator support panel is symmetrical if you take of it.

In all seriousness you can real notice it, you have got a bit of a problem there. If you dont fix it you are gonna break more engine or gearbox mounts or UJ's.

Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 23 June 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here you can see the small lean on mine, this is no problem but.

http://img45.echo.cx/img45/7263/enginebay1.jpg
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 23 June 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lean isn't very crucial.

Obviously keeping it in the same plane as Toyota intended is the best way to go, as there are oil drains in the head that require the lean.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 23 June 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer the lean is quite acute, i think ours are about the same

i need to get a better photo of it, personally im not really worried about it tho...

hey skip I think our motors came from the same wrecker in japan Laughing

note the A in the circle on my motor when i recieved it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/1JZ%20Conversion%20Pics/1JZ.jpg

Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Fri, 24 June 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine has (JZ)

They must have thought your engine was a 4(A)GE Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Fri, 24 June 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
name mine says "A" for AWESOME Laughing
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Sun, 26 June 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well this is my setup in my mz21...

Mine looks ok thank god for that...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/soarer2.jpg
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Sun, 26 June 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mz21_shiznac wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 23:42

Well this is my setup in my mz21...

Mine looks ok thank god for that...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/mmm_onejay/soarer2.jpg

Yours is a factory JZA70 crossmember and factory mounts, makes for a factory installation!
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Sun, 26 June 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I kind of remembered that after I posted. It came from a front cut if I remember correctly.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Sun, 26 June 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah...

sadly i couldnt get an X member at the time for less than $500 Sad
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Sun, 26 June 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like it may have been worth it
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Mon, 27 June 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it would seem that way wouldnt it Sad

sadly now to do it will cost me close to $1000 when you factor in brand spankers engine mounts too...
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Mon, 27 June 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looky Here http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=72048&start=0&rid=3851&S=16c5077bc9b 8734f18383f6aa83fad3e
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Mon, 27 June 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks skip
opiate
Regular

June 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Wed, 29 June 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah. it doesnt look perpendicular to the radiator.
as in it points more diagonally.
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Wed, 29 June 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first it was 200kw now its 250? why didn't you just buy a supra? your gonna spend the same amount and they weigh about the same.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Wed, 29 June 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after inspecting it more closely it is straight with the firewall...I will get a proper photo on the weekend during day time Smile

BAD 22 wtf dude?

i was going to be making 250rwkw out of a highgly strung 1G with aftermakret turbos, instead I went with the 1JZ which has a lot less strain on it and making 200rwkw...soon to have a large aftermarket turbo and be pushing the vicinity of 300rwkw

also..care to explain this comment?

BAD_22 wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 00:48

why didn't you just buy a supra? your gonna spend the same amount and they weigh about the same.

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 30 June 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAD_22 wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 01:18

why didn't you just buy a supra? your gonna spend the same amount and they weigh about the same.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 30 June 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAD_22 wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 23:18

first it was 200kw now its 250? why didn't you just buy a supra? your gonna spend the same amount and they weigh about the same.

did you eat paint chips as a baby?

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 30 June 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe we should go tell JZA70 supra owners they should've bought soarers.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 30 June 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 30 June 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your obviously after a straight 6 turbo powered car. you dont think that a current model supra is sexier than your soarer? and capable of pumpin out as much power??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 30 June 2005 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAD_22 wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 00:36

your obviously after a straight 6 turbo powered car. you dont think that a current model supra is sexier than your soarer? and capable of pumpin out as much power??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

each to their own

BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 30 June 2005 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah this is true. sorry to butt into your thread. i was just wondering why.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 30 June 2005 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Becuase I have spent 1/3 the cost on my car which is actually lighter, stealthier (i.e. the police dont know what it is) and IMO more different and still retains pimp factor...thats why
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Fri, 01 July 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAD_22 wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 22:36

strange. i wasnt aware that there was a current model supra..

Laughing
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Fri, 01 July 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seems a bit rude to be telling someone what car they should and shouldnt modify.

why did you choose a TA22? theres much nicer cars out there Wink
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Sat, 02 July 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm pimp factor - and I did use to have a JZA70...
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Sat, 02 July 2005 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAD_22 wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 00:48

TA22s are GHEY, and SO IS YOUR DADDEEHHHHH

mr1j own u

[Updated on: Sat, 02 July 2005 16:43]

xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Sat, 02 July 2005 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 18:24

seems a bit rude to be telling someone what car they should and shouldnt modify.

why did you choose a TA22? theres much nicer cars out there Wink

word.

nice car mr 1jz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Mon, 04 July 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the support lads...

but BAD22 is entitled to his opinion even if its wrong...Laughing

now onto other news I have pretty much decided on a colour scheme for the car as I had a little incident and the front guard i have attained is black...

im thinking nissan S14 silvia red with a deep gloss black roof, bonnet and bootlid...

opinions?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Tue, 05 July 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my opinion -

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

*hush falls over the crowd*

That will look cool!

So no british racing green or GT-R gunmetal grey?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Tue, 05 July 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah over the green or silver...

too hard to keep a metallic paint looking good especially on a drift car...the red is a flat colour which i can live with Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Tue, 05 July 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i disagree with not being able to keep a green drift car looking, good, there is a really nice R32 thats BRG and it looks hot and is always clean.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Tue, 05 July 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no becuase that means that my car will have to be straight as an arrow...which is isnt...

plus a flat colour is easy to repaint if you do mash it up
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Tue, 05 July 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
point taken and i agree, the r32 is immaculate so yeah i understand what your getting at, red is cool,
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Tue, 05 July 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where is this R32?

the one in SA piloted by hayden?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Tue, 05 July 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no idea http://img265.echo.cx/my.php?image=759600064ka.jpg thats a pick i took of it excuse the grainyness but its a very nice car. Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Tue, 05 July 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 10:31

no idea http://img265.echo.cx/my.php?image=759600064ka.jpg thats a pick i took of it excuse the grainyness but its a very nice car. Very Happy

nah thats not him

and its not british racing green either
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Tue, 05 July 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its darm metallic green mmmkay thats close enough.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Tue, 05 July 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see what you mean. metallic paints can be harder to match too, can't they?

Im thinking before I get mine sprayed properly I might just do a home baked job at a friends place. he sprayed his car himself at his house and it turned out fine -

Click for pic

*shrugs*

I reckon a real real dark midnight blue would make a cool colour to test out with on my own...

'Cause it doesnt matter if you stuff it up... can always do it again, right? Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Tue, 05 July 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, never underestimate the home job, as long as it is prepped well and you have someone there who knows how to use a spray gun they can turn out pretty damn well Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Wed, 06 July 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats it...

thats why before you have the money to afford to get your car sprayed you should just do a cheapo matt black jobbie, have the car all black, with tinted lights.

Matte black with tinted lights and shiny chrome would look sweet.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Wed, 06 July 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a vendetta against matte black...

NEVAR!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Wed, 06 July 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 11:14

That's my boss' car, aka HPI magazine's 'Project R32'. It's actually a Hyundai colour or some shit. Looks hot!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Wed, 06 July 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh thats the ellis drift machine?

youre right it does look hot...needs more dish tho Wink
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Wed, 06 July 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 10:48

Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 11:14

That's my boss' car, aka HPI magazine's 'Project R32'. It's actually a Hyundai colour or some shit. Looks hot!

I thought it looked familiar...
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Wed, 06 July 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 11:29

ahhh thats the ellis drift machine?

youre right it does look hot...needs more dish tho Wink

One of them, yeah!

Mmmm.... Some big-arse WORK rims would do it justice methinks. Nod
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Wed, 06 July 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmm

VS-KF...

me wanty....
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Wed, 06 July 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 12:15

mmmm

VS-KF...

me wanty....

wotdfux? Pics please...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Wed, 06 July 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmm

hotness Very Happy

http://www.uniqueautosports.com/Work/VS-KF.jpg
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Wed, 06 July 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, they're the ones I was thinking of actually. Fully bling bling though... i.e. chrome.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 07 July 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a diatsue colour apparently. i remember reading in an issue of HPI. either way looks hot Razz needs some vynals.

so what colour you decided on matt?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MR 1JZ's JZZ20 Soarer does wicked skids and sounds like a jet, what more could you want? Thu, 07 July 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ive decided on something like an S14 red with a really glossy black, the car will be red but the roof, bonnet and bootlid will be all gloss black

should look well hot with my work centres sprayed black also...

almost luciferesque Wink
Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My Sprinter
Next Topic:My little Escort.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:29:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012630939483643 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.