Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » '02 Corolla Vs....'02 Corolla :)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
'02 Corolla Vs....'02 Corolla :) Thu, 28 October 2004 07:02 Go to next message
Yep lined up against another young guy in a totally stock Corolla, and it was auto, he whacks it in neutral gives it a rev and puts it in Drive again (by this point i am just laughing at him) My Corolla has no mods except wider tyres and stiffer/lower suspension. I got him off the line and hammered him thru the corners, we raced for a good kilometre and i whooped him.

Nothing special but it just goes to show with better handling and a manual box you can change the driveability of any car.

Andrew
  Send a private message to this user    
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: '02 Corolla Vs....'02 Corolla :) Thu, 28 October 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats cos autos suck dick Razz
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: '02 Corolla Vs....'02 Corolla :) Thu, 28 October 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true, my mum has a new rolla as her work car, and i took it for spin, the auto is so shit, its really boring to drive, my manual 4afc feels faster, even thought i probably isnt. Confused
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: '02 Corolla Vs....'02 Corolla :) Thu, 28 October 2004 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh my family is anti auto we never had one or ever will
we have a 1999 toyota camry. 1997 toyota landcruiser, 1996 toyota rolla sedan, and my pride and joy 1989 toyota celica st162 with 3sge Very Happy all of them manual and all fun
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: '02 Corolla Vs....'02 Corolla :) Thu, 28 October 2004 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorrs wrote on Thu, 28 October 2004 18:20

thats cos autos suck dick Razz

I think you mean auto 4 cylinders suck dick.

most of the really quick cars run autos.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: '02 Corolla Vs....'02 Corolla :) Thu, 28 October 2004 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i wont own an auto, in my opinion driving an auto is not really driving at all its just steering and acceleration and deceleration, bit like a go kart ?? anyway that just my opinion and even when im 95 and if i still got a license im gonna "drive" my hover car around with a manual gearbox Razz
glytch
Occasional Poster

September 2004

Re: '02 Corolla Vs....'02 Corolla :) Fri, 29 October 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Auto's aint that bad, handy for stop-go traffic in the city.
As for launching one off the line, dropping it into drive from neutral is not the wisest thing to do. You'd be better off stomping on the "stop pedal" as hard as you can and mashing the "go pedal" before releasing the "stop pedal" ;P

In a straight line, you'd have to be a pretty good driver to beat one. Corners however, are another story.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: '02 Corolla Vs....'02 Corolla :) Mon, 01 November 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Every auto i have driven is a dissapointment.
My mates auto barina is soooooo gutless 1.4 litres of motor goin thru the worst gearbox in the history of the world ever !!!
It feels like the handbrake is on.
I hate he way auto's don't shift down when u want them to but will shift down 1/2 way thru a corner when u least want/expect it
glytch
Occasional Poster

September 2004

Re: '02 Corolla Vs....'02 Corolla :) Mon, 01 November 2004 07:51 Go to previous message
I think the biggest problem there is that its a 1.4L barina Wink

Having driven numerous autos, including an auto WRX, a 2004 auto GT Liberty, as well as several S/SS commodores and an XR6, I would be fairly confident in saying that auto's are not necessarily the slow POS's people make them out to be.

The best example of this is whilst driving the auto WRX, I dragged off an identical manual WRX. The manual got the jump on me, mainly cause I was timid on the launch revs, but the manual gained no ground at all.

If an auto changes down on you halfway through the corner, you were in the wrong gear to begin with Wink Most auto's will allow you to use the manual selection to change down before you enter the corner.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:witness to "incident"
Next Topic:interesting trip to uni
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jul 4 20:49:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13050293922424 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.