Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Sale Rating Sat, 30 October 2004 16:18 Go to next message
I was checking out Ozhonda forums, and they have a good idea on for sale things...

its sorta like ebay... where they get a rating or positive approvals from members who have bought something from them

i think this would solve a lot of issues that arrise from trading car parts interstate blah blah

what do u guy s thinK?
  Send a private message to this user    
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Sale Rating Sat, 30 October 2004 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great idea but sounds a little hard to implement does it?

I mean ebay actually records when payments are made and such where as this would just have a record that you made a sale. How would that stop people selling fake items and saying there sold to get ratings?

Kinda like post count and spammers Razz
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Sale Rating Sat, 30 October 2004 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im not quite sure how ozhonda has it... but they just got a thing underneath a users avatar that says 'trade ratings(x)' x = a number

check it out here

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/traderratings.php?u=5 3 <--- heres an example of someones rating profile

[Updated on: Sat, 30 October 2004 16:43]

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Sale Rating Mon, 01 November 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No idea how the automation side of the forums works so I can't really comment on whether it would be easy to implement or a total administrative nightmare..

My personal opinion is that this place is a home for the car club members (and non-members) to talk cars, tech, some bullshit and occasionally source some parts or offload something no longer needed.

To me the idea of having buyer/seller ratings would make it look like the place is set up purely for the purpose of trading and would more than likely encourage more people to join the forums simply to use the For Sale forums, with little benefit for the community as a whole..

Not saying the idea doesn't have any merit, but would it really be the best thing for the club/forums?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sale Rating Tue, 02 November 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i for one am against it.

Toymods fourms are here for the benefit of the financial members of the Toymods Car CLub Inc & for the growth and improvements of the greater toyota community. I dont think this idea would do either.

Good idea, but thats not what we are about.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Sale Rating Wed, 10 November 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anybody is worried about getting ripped off with buying something, get the seller to put the item up on ebay, with a "Buy It Now" price of whatever you agree on.

Then you can buy it off ebay, and if the product doesn't come through, you can get your money back, and ebay will kick the sellers ass.
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Sale Rating Fri, 12 November 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could use COD postage so that you dont pay till you receive the item.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Sale Rating Fri, 12 November 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, but there is an extra charge for that.
Something like $8
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Sale Rating Fri, 12 November 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Either way I suppose but ebay costs money to sell with as well (no idea how much though).
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Sale Rating Fri, 12 November 2004 02:02 Go to previous message
Callifo wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 09:57

Either way I suppose but ebay costs money to sell with as well (no idea how much though).

Its only a few bucks if you go for no pictures and nothing flashy.

But yeah, it does cost.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:attn admin: toymods gallery
Next Topic:add another links location area
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 12:12:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068418979644775 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.