Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Group A list Sun, 31 October 2004 07:06 Go to next message
Hi all,

I'm starting a list/registry to keep track of all the Group A GT4's in Australia. Once complete (if possible) I will have information on every one brought into the country and where it is now. At the moment I'm only looking at original Aus spec ones.

Current things I'm looking at recording are:
Number eg. 069 - mine Cool
Original Color
Current Color
Date Manufactured
Original owner (off plate)
Current owner
Owner history (maybe ie. how many)
Forums frequented (maybe)
Approx k's done
Current condition (showroom down to wrecked Crying or Very Sad )
Mods (there's a big one)
Stereo
Rego no.
For sale?
Value

Anything I've missed? Of course when I put the info up on the net some of these fields won't be included unless specified by the owner. Not sure what someone could do with a plate number...? Can they find out your address through dept trans?

I'll be looking at posting to other forums to try and spread the word. This isn't something I can really do without help from others so everybody's help is appreciated in gathering information. To start with I'll post the numbers that I've got here (numbers only no details) until I get the whole web site thing happening.

I'm hoping to be able to have pics as well of each and ultimately (now where did I put that damn genie lamp) I'd love to have a reunion of as many as possible at some well planned date in the future.

So what does everyone think? Should I have people email me their details or should I have them post on a forum page for everyone to see? Any other fields I should include not include? website name ideas? something easy to find and remember eg. www.grpalist.com.au Don't know whether it would count as a .com.au domain.

At this stage I just want ideas.

Gary.

For an explanation on the differences between models go here http://gtfour.supras.org.nz/ST185RC%20description. htm Australian Grp A will have Grp A Rallye decals (my avatar) on both sides and rear plus the grey plate in front of the gear stick with the build number and Sainz's signature. The bonnet and front bumper are not a sure fire way to tell anymore. They come standard with ABS and leather steering wheel/gear stick knob.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 November 2004 22:32]

Send a private message to this user    
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wondered who bought that Red Grp A from Tasmania (#69).
I was considering flying down to get it when it was for sale december before last but then I found my black one (#135).

Edit: Wrote my own build number wrong too... /me smacks self around

[Updated on: Fri, 05 November 2004 01:26]

bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Want 205's too?
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually I bought the car from Sydney 13 months ago, flew down from Brisbane and drove it back the same day. To the best of my knowledge it's never been to Tasmania, of course any info you have to the contrary I'm very interested in.

I think 033 was a targa tasmania competitor. I've lost the bookmark for it so I think it was 033, I have the pics of it but they don't show the number.

Yes I want both ST185 Grp A's and ST205 Grp A's.

Looking on Carsales.com.au there is a ST185 no number listed - wants $22,000 ; and a ST205 white #069 : ) wants $45,000.

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I test drove #69. Was going to buy it too.
Gorgeous car. It was for sale for ages.
Low kays, nice mags. A sweet GT4.
Get some pics up of it mate Smile
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hawk wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 16:40

Actually I bought the car from Sydney 13 months ago, flew down from Brisbane and drove it back the same day. To the best of my knowledge it's never been to Tasmania, of course any info you have to the contrary I'm very interested in.

I'm sure it was #69 that was in tasmania.
I'll check my email at home as the guy sent me a bunch of pics along with the VIN number and some other details.
From memory it had about 125,000kms on it.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My bad... I just found some info in my email archives.
It was number 39 and was an immaculate red group A with about 125,000kms on it.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excuse my ignorance but is a group A the same as a GT4 ?
cuz i think i've seen 2 red ones down here.
I could find out about them maybe
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 17:09

The Group A is slightly different.
The most visible difference is the bonnet (has a big vent instead of a scoop).
They were also limited in number and given build numbers (only 150 in Australia).
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 17:18

Mookie wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 17:09

The Group A is slightly different.
The most visible difference is the bonnet (has a big vent instead of a scoop).
They were also limited in number and given build numbers (only 150 in Australia).

is the GT4 the car with the wrx style vent/scoop ( i don't know the difference between the 2)?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can only provide the number from one of the Group A's that made up my " replica " ( there were 9 parts donors in total )

the rest were JDM models/halfcuts

Its justens red one ( now uz185 )
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what number was that classique71? Is it dead or still running around.

I'm not entirely sure that they brought into australia #001-150 in one big block. Anyone? Has anyone seen or heard of #001? I know I saw one that was in the 3000's back in '98 in a car yard in brisbane. Of course back then I didn't have a clue what I was looking at, I knew what a GT4 was but Grp A not a clue.

I'll edit my first post with a description of what a grp A is so those that don't know can tell.

I've set up a quick 2 old pics on my optus space for those interested in my car. I need to down size some of my 1mb pics so they are web friendly. Check the site in a week or so. For some reason I can't make my frontpage site work with optus.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~elyxar/

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck its a nice car.
Have been looking for one that is similar for
ages, but very hard to find.
Marc205
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The GT4 is the basic 4WD, 2L turbocharged vehicle. The Group A is a homologation special which is closer to the actual rally vehicle. Dependant on the model it included turbo antilag (disabled) and water jets for intercooler wetting (disassembled and in the boot for Australian delivery).

To the best of my knowledge, all of the ST205s sold in Australia were Group A's. The ST185s were a mixture. In other markets, the ST185 Group A's were dubbed the 'Carlos Sainz' (or CS).

I'm not able to find any decent links to back this up (on the basis of some quick Googling), so if anyone wants to correct me, feel free. Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup its still running - its justen simpsons red group a - now RWD and twin turbo US converted ..

i have the number somewhere for it - or he could just post!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hawk wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 18:30

So what number was that classique71? Is it dead or still running around.

I'm not entirely sure that they brought into australia #001-150 in one big block. Anyone? Has anyone seen or heard of #001? I know I saw one that was in the 3000's back in '98 in a car yard in brisbane. Of course back then I didn't have a clue what I was looking at, I knew what a GT4 was but Grp A not a clue.

I'll edit my first post with a description of what a grp A is so those that don't know can tell.

I've set up a quick 2 old pics on my optus space for those interested in my car. I need to down size some of my 1mb pics so they are web friendly. Check the site in a week or so. For some reason I can't make my frontpage site work with optus.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~elyxar/

In Australia they gave them a build number from 1-150... they were not all manufactured or exported in one hit (e.g. VIN isn't ST185-0000001 for build 1, ST185-0000002 for build 2 etc) but they are sequential according to Toyota. (i.e. 001's VIN will be less than 002's VIN)

Overseas the build number is the written as 123 (build number) of 3500 (total number built) so the one spotted in brisbane car yard would have been a personal import from overseas.

Re: Aus build number 1
MOS thinks he "may" own that one... Toyota have a record of the first 80 odd group A's and "should" be able to tell MOS what his build number is.
Like many of the ST185 Group A's MOS's was converted for full rally use and no longer bears the build number badge.
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just been checking out http://www.evilweapon.com/pictures/evlwpn-14.jpg
He's got VIC plates and says it is 331 of 5000. Anybody know this guy? It's just that a couple of things don't add up with the pics I've looked at. My steering wheel has TURBO 4WD in the center, the signature plate with the number is different to mine, he has "celica" in the black plastic strip at the nose of the bonnet (implying pre sept 91). Did they change things in 92 or has he just personalised with older celica parts?

bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A good place to look for group A's would the the gt4 and gt4 v2 mailing lists on yahoo groups, there was quite a few aussies on there last time I was on there.

I can offer my services to build a mySQL/php database if that would make things easier, would just need somewhere to host it. Smile

EDIT: The other thing i forgot to add was that someone tried to do this a few years ago but it never realy got off the ground, I dont know if the site is still up but that might have a few grpA's on it to start you off.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 November 2004 08:11]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hawk wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 18:52

Just been checking out http://www.evilweapon.com/pictures/evlwpn-14.jpg
He's got VIC plates and says it is 331 of 5000. Anybody know this guy? It's just that a couple of things don't add up with the pics I've looked at. My steering wheel has TURBO 4WD in the center, the signature plate with the number is different to mine, he has "celica" in the black plastic strip at the nose of the bonnet (implying pre sept 91). Did they change things in 92 or has he just personalised with older celica parts?

As I said this one (331 of 5000) would be a personal import from overseas.
ALL australian delivered ones had the "Group A Rallye" badging and the build number like all the others you've seen in Australia.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I now have a set of those plates Smile

but might keep em for sentimental value.

i think justens red one was in the 200's i think ..

Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just found #104 http://www.allwheelmotion.com/nathan.htm

Thanks for the offer Bergerac. I've never set up more than a personal web page so any help is appreciated. I'm willing to pay for the site as long as it doesn't get ridiculously popular Shocked and end up costing a fortune. I've never set up a domain or bought webspace so anyone that can steer me in the right direction would be helpful too.

Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
number 93 here.......theres a bloke on celica.net in WA, i think his is 64? not sure......and we just had another one pop up on ozcelica.com

Number eg. - 93
Original Color - white
Current Color - white
Date Manufactured 1991
Original owner (off plate) - Shane J & Antionetta A Smith
Current owner - BJ van de Weyer
Owner history (maybe ie. how many) im number 3
Location - Adelaide
Email Address/web site - aeternusmalus@hotmail.com
Forums frequented (maybe) - alltrac.net, celica.net, ozcelica.com, toymods.org

Approx k's done - 196,000
Current condition (showroom down to wrecked Crying or Very Sad) - almost showroom, few screw holes in dash and minor paint chips
Mods (there's a big one) - stuff all
Stereo - 3 way rear speakers 6.5inch pioneer, 4 inch 2 way front, old pioneer deck
Rego no. - spose its already pictured VFM 987 - BEEJ
For sale? - HELL no
Value - i think its priceless and i'll never sell it.....but lets say about 20k. Wink
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohh and if anyone ever comes across someone with the plates for ST205 #22 please kindly kill that person for me and send them my way ...someone stole mine No No No

EDIT:typo

[Updated on: Mon, 01 November 2004 15:33]

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Group A list Mon, 01 November 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude... someone stole your plates or your car? Shocked

Ok, I do know a couple of people (as mentioned in another thread) who own ST205's and one person who DID own one.

ST205 #36 (white) belongs to Gary Georgiou, and it's basically a bog-stock machine except for a boost controller, external BOV and a custom CAI. There might be more done to it, but I do know that this thing goes like a rocket. Even better with a Jap-spec Blitz-chipped ECU that we tested (shameless plug)... Razz

ST205 #53 belonged to Joe Kingston (aka Boost here on Toymods) whom I spoke with yesterday and he told me about his car that he sold a while back, and that is now apparently just a shell. He thinks it was last spotted in WA, and is interested in buying it back to rebuild. If anyone sees it, please report it here.

Dave McNeill, of Toyota Nationals renown, also owns an ST205 but I don't know much about this one. Never seen it before, except on a video clip I saw of the last Toyota Nationals in Dubbo, on the 1/8th mile strip.

If I hear anything more about ST205's I know where to find this thread. Also FYI, I bought an ST205 Jap import (VIN #8485) as a half cut and turned my RAV4 into a hybrid with it. Very Happy
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Group A list Tue, 02 November 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daves st205 is #46
very neat & quick car
as for mods I'm sure he'll tell you Very Happy

cheers
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Group A list Tue, 02 November 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet, thanks for the info dude. Wink
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: Group A list Tue, 02 November 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just the plates. Got stolen when the last owner was selling the car by some scum pretending to come for a test drive... or so the story goes..
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Group A list Tue, 02 November 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a group A being parted out in the for sale sections but i dare say it's a jap import
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Group A list Tue, 02 November 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doh

[Updated on: Tue, 02 November 2004 07:45]

Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Group A list Tue, 02 November 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hawk wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 18:30

I'm not entirely sure that they brought into australia #001-150 in one big block. Anyone? Has anyone seen or heard of #001?

#1 ST205 is Coral Taylor's daily driver and is white but have no idea how owns the #1 ST185...... maybe Neil Bates ?????

My Group A

Number - Lucky 13
Original Color - white
Current Color - white
Date Manufactured 1991
Original owner (off plate) - George & Anna Doukas
Current owner - Anhar Khamas
Owner history - 2nd owner for the past 8 years
Location - Sydney
Email Address/web site - khamas@bigpond.net.au
Approx k's done - 172,000
Current condition - Slowly changing from average to show room.
Mods - ST205 motor, GT3037S, Frontmount, EMS, ST205 Brakes, race interior, HKS Cams & Gears, Exedy 3 puck clutch, Bosch fuel pumps.... you get the idea
Stereo - None
For sale? - Never
Value - its weight in gold.... and we all know thats alot Smile
GRPA74
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: Group A list Wed, 03 November 2004 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI,

I own number 074
Original Colour: Turquoise
Current Colour: Same
Date Manufactured : Sept 1991
Original Owner: John Anderson
Email Address: rodstanton@hotmail.com
Approx Kms : 135000
Current condition: Showroom
Mods: Engine rebuild, forged pistons, hi-flow CT26, EMS, ST205 fuel injectors, walbro 500hp fuel pump etc
Volk racing rims and custom leather interior
Stereo: Alpine system with focal speakers
For Sale : Never
Value: No Idea
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Group A list Wed, 03 November 2004 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate those engine mods sound VERY similar to mine. Shocked
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Group A list Wed, 03 November 2004 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine too and more Very Happy
and stu's Cool
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Group A list Thu, 04 November 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RAV-GT4 wrote on Tue, 02 November 2004 07:55

ST205 #53 belonged to Joe Kingston (aka Boost here on Toymods) whom I spoke with yesterday and he told me about his car that he sold a while back, and that is now apparently just a shell. He thinks it was last spotted in WA, and is interested in buying it back to rebuild. If anyone sees it, please report it here

He's on the right track - it's nearly complete again.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group A list Thu, 04 November 2004 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
may i ask what happened with boost's machine - that thing was majorely awesome !

Someone parted it out , or whored it for parts ?

I mean who could do that to a show quailty weapon like his machine ??
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Group A list Thu, 04 November 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG do you know who owns it, or have any pics of it?

Stu, do you have any links to Boost's ride?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Group A list Thu, 04 November 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 09:41

may i ask what happened with boost's machine - that thing was majorely awesome !

Someone parted it out , or whored it for parts ?

I mean who could do that to a show quailty weapon like his machine ??

Well that depends on who you ask - everyone seems to have a different story. Hell, I can't even find a spec sheet on what it used to run without conjecture?!!!

Andrew, yep will forward you a pic.
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Group A list Thu, 04 November 2004 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota Had to make 5000 Group A spec gt4s to compete in the Rally.

A 150 were specially bought out to australia with special carlos sainz badging. The rest of the cars also had special badging but they were in the thousands and had a little black plate in the interior "2254/5000" with carlos sainz signature.

Now the Group A's that were bought to Australia 1-150, I know 001 was written off. I have No.16, as seen in my avatar - show room quality!!. Cool

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 23:14]

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Group A list Fri, 05 November 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm, going a little off-topic here, but does anyone who owns a 205 know what that stuff is between the bonnet bracing and the vent mesh? It's white and it's fibrous and that's all I know about it. Anyone know what it's called and where I can get some? I need it for my ride, only I need about DOUBLE the amount (twice the size of the opening). Shocked
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: Group A list Fri, 05 November 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
White stuff? nothing but metal on mine... but it had the underbonnet insulation removed before I bought it...Do you mean the main vent?

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Group A list Fri, 05 November 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the chrarcteristic vent in the bonnet itself... I think it might be insulation of some sort, but it keeps the water out and at the same time lets hot air escape. Confused
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: Group A list Fri, 05 November 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some sort of felt I was told once Rolling Eyes
mine doesn't have anything there either
engine gets a good clean when it rains Shocked
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: Group A list Fri, 05 November 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been looking at domain names for the list/registry. A couple of available ones are

www.gt4grpa.com
www.grparallye.com
www.grpa.com
www.gtfourgrpa.com

What do you guys think? Any other ideas? I can also add hyphens. It's got to be something easy to find and remember.

gtfour.com gt-four.com st185.com gt4.com are all taken.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Group A list Fri, 05 November 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a suggestion...... www.1of150.com

I also like www.grpa.com cause its short and easy to remember.I know of 3 aussie delivered Group A's that have been written off. One in Sydney, another in Orange and another based in Melbourne which clapped it it out in Targa Tasmainia about 4 years back now. I have no idea what numbers they were Sad

We are a dying breed people. Please donate any money to the Group A fund and save us from extinction Laughing

sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Group A list Fri, 05 November 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bergerac wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 13:38

White stuff? nothing but metal on mine... but it had the underbonnet insulation removed before I bought it...Do you mean the main vent?

I just ripped mine of my group A, its like aircondition insulation, like those insulation you put in your room, except with a black cover over them to hold it all together.

I will be glad to help desiging a GT4 Site if you need Hawk. I started one when i was in Grade 11, work in progress Very Happy

Oh and about that evilweapon GT4 - im quite positive that is a Jap Import GT4 - weather it be a personal import or a conversion, that is not a originial Australian Delievered Beast.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 November 2004 23:22]

Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: Group A list Sat, 06 November 2004 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sikx5 wrote on Sat, 06 November 2004 09:46

bergerac wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 13:38

I just ripped mine of my group A, its like aircondition insulation, like those insulation you put in your room, except with a black cover over them to hold it all together.

yer mines not there either.....its nice seeing the steam come off ur exhaust manifold wen u brake hard and the water gets on it Laughing

and then wen its a clear day just seeing the heat waves wen ur sitting at the lites.....

oh yer i rekon www.grpa.com is the bomb too
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group A list Sat, 06 November 2004 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puffy wrote on Fri, 05 November 2004 21:05

We are a dying breed people. Please donate any money to the Group A fund and save us from extinction Laughing

Or we can do like some and take the bits of written off/modified/totally widly modified ( that means YOU justen ) and rebuild other GT4's to carry on the group A spirit , without leaving their parts to be whored By SX's , RWD platforms and kit cars

I hereby commission the DIY Group A mongrel/hybrid registry - members 1 - ME!

St185 GT4 group A hybrid #1 - Owner - Stuart stephens
St185 group A engine from justens red carlos sainz
Internal mods :
St205 Group A Cams + Shim under bucket swap ( ala St205 )
Forged pistons on St205 rods
TRD HD bearings + gaskets
ARP bolts holding it all together

St205 Group A Gearbox

St185 group a Ct26 turbo

St185 Group A Front bumper and bonnet ( support from puffy ! )

St185 group A Waterspray kit ( also from puffy )

St185 group A rear diff

*also in possession now - set of original unnumbered St185 Carlos sainz gold badges + inside bubble style Sticker *hehe -

anyway - theres another carlos sainz white one down this way - owned by a farmer + looks ratty - poor thing - I want to buy it but i cant track down the owner.
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Group A list Sat, 06 November 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Far out Stu, You should have bought a group A in the first place Razz

Does anyone know how fast Justins machine in? 0-100k? roughly 1/4 time?

How fast is your machine Stu with all those mods?
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Group A list Sat, 06 November 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I noticed mine the other day when I saw heat haze rising from it... I'd like to get some sort of matting under there, but I'm not sure if it's the same type of matting that's commonly used as sound-proofing though. Confused
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group A list Sat, 06 November 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - at the time i couldnt afford a group A - they were 9K more than the one i got Smile

Justens uz185 - no idea - but its got ALOT of power to the rear trwads - even at low boost

As for mine - Its fast enough - i still havent raised the boost any further, but should have it running 17-18PSI by the end of the year with an updated dyno/quarter mile figure
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Group A list Sat, 06 November 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What else would you expect with twin turbo's? Very Happy
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: Group A list Sun, 07 November 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have ST185 No. 53 here.
Black
211,000km
Very good condition (wheels are stuffed but being replaced), has had some minor accident repairs done, interior has a few small blemishes here and there.
I'm the 3rd owner.
Rego GPA-053 (i'm putting my personalised plates on it soon tho)

Will fill in the rest of the details later, cbf now!
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: Group A list Wed, 10 November 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm now the proud owner of the new domain www.grparallye.com

I don't know how long it will take me to learn everything I need to learn to get it up and running but I'm commited now. I'm looking forward to the challenge and getting the list as complete as I can. I've got a gig of space to play with so expect lots of pics of Grp A's!!!

I'll let you know when it is published...
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Group A list Wed, 10 November 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me know if you need a hand dude, i am more than happy to help Smile
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Group A list Tue, 16 November 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to drag up an old thread but I used to work for Toyota WA when the ST185R GT4 Group A was first released in October 1991, and I have managed to find some old paperwork on this model.

I have a list of the 15 first delivered in WA and the other 135 delivered in the rest of Australia.

For the 15 in WA I have this info:

No. Colour Chassis (all JT764STJ5) Engine

85 040 00016142 3S9155914
90 040 00016174 3S9156127
88 202 00016168 3S9155911
87 3E5 00016159 3S9153621
89 3E5 00016170 3S9156128
92 3E5 00016202 3S9155815
50 182 00015841 3S9155235
128 040 00016827 3S9157115
131 040 00016876 3S9157236
129 202 00016852 3S9157484
84 3E5 00016127 3S9155912
134 3E5 00016945 3S9157483
136 3E5 00016998 3S9158244
137 3E5 00017018 3S9158232
138 3E5 00017045 3S9158261

I have the original rego details and selling dealer but I prefer not to publish this info.

As for the other 135 cars I have only the chassis number and the port they were sent too, on thermal fax paper that is badly faded. I might try and post this info at a later date.

Cheers,
Mitch.
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: Group A list Tue, 16 November 2004 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The bloke at my local servo owns the one mentioned above from tassie. I know that it was in Targa so it is most likely the one. I'll let him know about this registry list thing next time i'm there.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Group A list Tue, 16 November 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trolling through the posts above I came up with this:

Hawk No. 69 Chassis No. 00016002 Delivery Port Darwin (I think?)

Toobs No. 135 Chassis 00016983 Adelaide

Beej No. 93 00016210 Adelaide

Puffy No. 13 00015554 Sydney

GRPA74 No. 74 00016041 Sydney

Sikx5 No. 16 00015581 Sydney

Tooch No. 53 00015863 Melbourne

And for the other mentioned numbers:

No. 1 00014860 Sydney

No. 39 00015768 Sydney

No. 104 00016362 Sydney

Can owners please check that I have their car right or wrong so that I can prove it if I have the correct list or not ? Thanks.
If anyone wants to check a specific St185R Grp A chassis number, let me know.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 November 2004 03:03]

74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Group A list Tue, 16 November 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure there is a group A in the street next to mine. Its white...thats about all I can tell you Sad
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Group A list Tue, 16 November 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow thats great man, pretty awesome info!
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Group A list Tue, 16 November 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
So, I have the right chassis number for your car then ?
Pages (4): [1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dirty Sanchez , Check out my Subaru {NWS}
Next Topic:power steering motor noise?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 01:30:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013375997543335 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.