Toymods » General Car Talk » Group A list

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Group A list Tue, 08 March 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The auction finishes soon on Ebay doesn't it? Will you definately sell to the highest bidder or only on the condition that you think the price is reasonable?

I'd love a Grp A but I cant afford to...

-run
-insure
-maintain

...one
  Send a private message to this user    
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Group A list Tue, 08 March 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 16:34

Excellent! Another one to add, I will update #5 (which is red and on Ebay at the moment Shocked ) and yours #147 tonight!

Again the details on each number is on my scope as well but I'm also not sure as it could be a problem disclosing certain information about the cars and owners. I don't want to upset anyone.

Hi mate,
actually #5 is white.
B
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Group A list Tue, 08 March 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 17:01

The auction finishes soon on Ebay doesn't it? Will you definately sell to the highest bidder or only on the condition that you think the price is reasonable?

I'd love a Grp A but I cant afford to...

-run
-insure
-maintain

...one

The reserve is very reasonable for the quality of the car. I've had a lot of interest outside of ebay as well. It is a very reluctant sale as I've spent shed-loads on it and had not intended to sell it so soon.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Tue, 08 March 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bajabus wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 16:59

Actually #5 is white.

And not written off I assume?
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Group A list Tue, 08 March 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 17:26

Actually #5 is white.

why would it be written off??
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Group A list Tue, 08 March 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 17:26

Actually #5 is white.

why would it be written off??
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Tue, 08 March 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
74gt wrote on Mon, 21 February 2005 18:09

There was Group A #5 I think it was on ebay last week. Slightly used in condition....actually a write off. It was red I think and it looked like it had rolled or spun and was going to take like $6000 to repair according to the auction.

Read above Re: #5 GT4 GrpA being a write off.
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Group A list Tue, 08 March 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 18:07

There was Group A #5 I think it was on ebay last week. Slightly used in condition....actually a write off. It was red I think and it looked like it had rolled or spun and was going to take like $6000 to repair according to the auction.

Yep I saw that red one - it was trashed. But its not #5. Last time I checked #5 was still in my garage watching over my home brew!
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Group A list Tue, 08 March 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This #5 saga has me confused as well, on my website I have changed it from the red one (written off on Ebay) to Bajabus's white one because he produced a photo of the plate so for now, in my eyes #5 is white...? Can anyone confirm what number the red one on ebay that was written off is?
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Group A list Tue, 08 March 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bajabus wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 19:50

Toobs wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 18:07

Yep I saw that red one - it was trashed. But its not #5. Last time I checked #5 was still in my garage watching over my home brew!

Sorry my bad... Embarassed...I remember seeing the wrecked red one on ebay but could't remember the number exactly...but I knew it was an early one.

Sorry my bad bajabus...good luck with the sale of your car though Smile
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group A list Tue, 08 March 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres a 1991 Celica GT4 Group A selling for $12990 on autotrader, and a carloz sainz for $15,000 is that a good price?.
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Group A list Wed, 09 March 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 23:19

Theres a 1991 Celica GT4 Group A selling for $12990 on autotrader, and a carloz sainz for $15,000 is that a good price?.

For that kind of money I'd say they may have done a few K's and be in need of some work (clutch, intercooler perhaps?). But I havent inspected them myself so I not going to sledge someone else's drive.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Wed, 09 March 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bajabus wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 14:15

smt_007 wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 23:19

For that kind of money I'd say they may have done a few K's and be in need of some work (clutch, intercooler perhaps?). But I havent inspected them myself so I not going to sledge someone else's drive.

There are a lot of fakes out there too.
They would both be worth checking out though as you never know... they could be legit and might not be in too bad a condition.

Just make sure you know what you're looking for when you go.
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: Group A list Thu, 10 March 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
number 48 for sale at geelong rd car sales for $13000. i am going to take a look at it next week, to see if it original. I think it has about 230000 kms on it.
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Group A list Thu, 10 March 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey bajabus, i wasnt sledging your car or anything dude, i was told that out of the 150 group A that were imported through toyota were all pre-ordered and had that gold plate in the engine bay with the vin, number, and first owners name. It looks very clean and nice, but just no plate, im confused about that.

There were 5,000 group A's that were built, and there are a few gray imports going around, just not sure whats going on with all these number.

cheers
shane
Cool
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Group A list Thu, 10 March 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Esk, what colour is number 48? Do you know anything else about it? Definately a Grp A?

Cheers.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Thu, 10 March 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sikx5 wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 12:18

Hey bajabus, i wasnt sledging your car or anything dude, i was told that out of the 150 group A that were imported through toyota were all pre-ordered and had that gold plate in the engine bay with the vin, number, and first owners name. It looks very clean and nice, but just no plate, im confused about that.

There were 5,000 group A's that were built, and there are a few gray imports going around, just not sure whats going on with all these number.

cheers
shane
Cool

My car doesn't have the gold plate nor does it appear to have ever had one... the plastic shroud doesn't even have the required cut-out.

Looking at other peoples Group A's and considering that it was only Australia who did the gold plate thing I suspect Toyota just cut the shroud when they wanted to put the plate in.

I wouldn't use the gold plate as a major Group A identifier when purchasing as there are quite a few which didn't get them and probably many many more where they were removed.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Thu, 10 March 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 12:40

Hey Esk, what colour is number 48? Do you know anything else about it? Definately a Grp A?

Cheers.

RA23celica had a copy of the original list of 150... he mentioned it earlier in this thread.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=49964&prevloaded=1&rid=1748&S=6770de 8987d127156b7798c3fced930e&rev=&reveal=&am p;start=40&count=40

This would be the best way to tell if its a legit Group A.
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Group A list Thu, 10 March 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah good point toobs.

Hawk currently has all that data, all the info got mailed to him. Rainey did you just copy the table from Hawks website? Razz
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: Group A list Thu, 10 March 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am going to take a look at it next week, I have contacted the dealer and he gave me the number. I think the car is white, not sure though.
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: Group A list Fri, 11 March 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all! I've been busy doing other stuff lately but i'm glad you guys are carrying on the cause.

Anyone know if this is for real? $15000 seems too good to be true http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2166286&current_r ec=1&total_rec=2&sort_type=&make_id=8& amp;model_id=31&badge_id=11456&badge_id=13 23&state_id=-1&search_distance=25

I've currently got frontpage open and I'm updating the status page of grparallye.com Thanks for the guys that have told me about the photo shoot in canberra next month. I would really like to be there and would except money is way too tight. I'm really looking forward to seeing the photos and I wouldn't mind getting a Brisbane version happening in the near future.

Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: Group A list Fri, 11 March 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One of the Targa Tassie raced Group A's is for sale on Shannons...
http://www.shannons.com.au/shannons/shannons.nsf/p ages/3E09589F3D1D2E04CA256FB1004E99FE

Yeah, that $15,000 ST205 in QLD apparently has limited rego for racing use only. Obviously an uncomplianced import.
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: Group A list Mon, 14 March 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got pulled over on Saturday morning by a guy in a white GT-four. He didn't know what a Grp A was so I enlightened him with pride. Cool He deals in radiators in Cooparoo and said if I ever needed one to go to him. Nice to know.

I've been wondering... is the Grp A Rallye decal on the black Grp A's different than on the other colours due to the lettering being black? I've never seen a closeup pic of a black Grp A so how did they do it?
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Group A list Mon, 14 March 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man,
long time no see.

Glad to see you are still well, The group A decals came in black or grey/silver ive seen, not sure what they look like on a complete black group A, Toobs will be able to tell us for sure. Cool.

And here is a update about my car dude, just incase you havent seen it: http://www.ozcelica.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=543

Hope to have a meet soon, a white and red Group A photoshoot. (i got a D70 a few months ago Very Happy ...so can take some decent quality pics)

cya around
Shane
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Mon, 14 March 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The black GrpA's have the silver stickers... looks awesome when the cars clean.
Unfortunately 24hrs after the car has been completely cleaned (as in show 'n' shine style of detailing) the car looks dirty again Sad even if it hasn't left the garage!
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Group A list Mon, 14 March 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Poor bloke in melbourne bought a red one thinking it was an original. Had to break the bad news to him. He wouldnt belive me at first but after showing him mine I think he accepted the fact that he got done Sad

Here is a pic of my owner plate of what it looks like. This does not confirm if its a Grp A or not. Just one of the thinks to look for.

http://i160.exs.cx/img160/38/plate8no.jpg

I think we should start a check list of what makes up a Group A.

Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: Group A list Tue, 15 March 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A very good question. What difference is there between a Grp A Rallye (Aus delivered) and the 4850 other cars produced? Obviously the Grp A Rallye decals, numbered plaque in front of the gear stick and the gold plate under the bonnet. The only other difference I know of is it has a part made out of ceramic(?) instead of cast iron, read that somewhere but can't remember specifics.

So in 18 months time when the 15 year rule is up and people can start importing foreign versions how will someone know a genuine group A if the foreign one is given stickers? Plaques and plates don't seem to be a 100% way of telling. Will checking the VIN be the only way?

Toobs can you post a pic to illustrate?

[Updated on: Tue, 15 March 2005 00:29]

sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Group A list Tue, 15 March 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah im assuming the Vin is the best way to check,

But either way, they are all Group A's, they are identical, except for little stickers and stuff. They also have a plaque, but they are marked out of 5,000, not 150, so it will be #4523 of #5000, with the carlos sainz signature.

I think thats the only difference.
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: Group A list Tue, 15 March 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep. The numbered plaque in the car is the best way to check (the overseas ones have a different looking plaque - see below), & if it's missing its plaque & doesn't have a gold name plate either, then you'd have to check the VIN with Toyota.

The 15yr old rule has been recently scrapped (cars are now limited to Jan 1989), so we won't be getting floods of Group A's next year, which I guess from a rarity & retained value point of view is a good thing.

Overseas plaque:
http://www.k1ano.co.uk/images/jpegs/csplaque.jpg
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Tue, 15 March 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hawk wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 11:04

Toobs can you post a pic to illustrate?

A pic of the Group A decals on a black car? or something else?
I will post one up when I get home either way.

How to tell a grey import GrpA from an Aus delivered:
1. Model code will not be ST185R-BLMQZQ
The last Q in the model code denotes Aus delivered.. if there is only 5 digits in the last block then it is JDM otherwise consult the "Model codes explained thread in Tech & Conv.

2. No group A badging.

3. Build number plate is shown as XXXX/5,000 as per the previous post.

4. Compliance plates on the drivers side of the spare wheel well will not say "Toyota Motor Corporation Australia" and or will not exist.

5. No gold first owners plaque.

6. The VIN won't be on Toyota's list and in the partfinder will come up as JDM, Euro or whatever its original delivery location was.

7. Not all Group A / CS / RC's were wide body... All of the Aus delivered models were but some other countries got slim bodied units.

8. Overseas models had options not available to us here such as retractable side mirrors, heated seats, climate control, sunroof.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Tue, 15 March 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Info on another Genuine Group A I know of:
Build Number: 39
Colour: Red
Last known location: Launceston TAS
VIN# JT764STJ500015768

Info on an extremely suspect Group A I know of:
Build Number: 126
Colour: White
Last know location: A dodgy used car dealership on Parramatta Rd Homebush.
VIN: JT764STJ500016774

The following were replaced / missing:
-IC replaced with standard GT4 item
-Front bar replaced with standard GT4 item.
-Only had a fujitsu ten tape/radio (no cd player)
-Had the standard gearstick not the short shift Group A item.
-99% sure that it didn't have ABS.

It had the following group A features though:
-Plaque
-Bonnet
-Little scoop that goes to the timing cover and mates up with the bonnet scoop.
-Model designation: ST185R-BLMQZQ
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Group A list Tue, 15 March 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mitch, could you check mine? I'm 100% sure it is genuine just want to know if it has original engine.

No 116
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Tue, 15 March 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can see what the W/A IC sticker looks like on a black car here:
http://www.toymods.org.au/gallery/displayimage.php ?album=26&pos=267

My engine bay and lack of Gold plaque here:
http://www.toymods.org.au/gallery/displayimage.php ?album=26&pos=385

A picture of Stitt that he probably wishes didn't exist here:
http://www.toymods.org.au/gallery/displayimage.php ?album=26&pos=14
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Tue, 15 March 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is a pic of the "Group A Rallye" sticker when the car is clean.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=10450&rid=1748&S=6770de8987d127156b7798c3fced930e
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Group A list Tue, 15 March 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a question out of interest...How much did Aus delivered Group A's cost in Oz when they were brand new?

[Updated on: Tue, 15 March 2005 10:33]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Tue, 15 March 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$45,460... which is exactly the same price as the standard GT4 was.
Apparently they had to do this as part of the homologation.

Just checked the red book value on the ST185 Group A's
$7,800 - $10,500 for September 91 onwards
$8,400 - $11,200 for October 91 onwards.
$7,300 - $9,900 for the standard GT4
$4,300 - $6,500 for an SX Celica
$23,600 - $28,300 for an ST205

Stupid red book mother f'ckers!

Quote:

The prices on this page are derived from extensive Red Book research.
Click here for details.

My arse!

I am going to flame those knobends tomorrow just for personal enjoyment.
Feel free to join me... their contact details are:
Tel: +61 2 9310 7622
Fax: +61 2 9310 7455
Email: info@redbook.com.au

I am going to grab a teletypewriter and phone them via a relay service... repeatedly!
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Group A list Tue, 15 March 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL go for it man! hahahahaha

gotta say, your black group A is making me drool..man that thing is so nice!!

regarding that RC/CS/Group A's came in slim body, that cant be right? can it? as this model had to be used in the rallys, they could not change the shape of the car?

Cool

[Updated on: Tue, 15 March 2005 13:01]

WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Group A list Tue, 15 March 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 22:55

$45,460... which is exactly the same price as the standard GT4 was.
Apparently they had to do this as part of the homologation.

Just checked the red book value on the ST185 Group A's
$7,800 - $10,500 for September 91 onwards
$8,400 - $11,200 for October 91 onwards.
$7,300 - $9,900 for the standard GT4
$4,300 - $6,500 for an SX Celica
$23,600 - $28,300 for an ST205

Stupid red book mother f'ckers!

Quote:

The prices on this page are derived from extensive Red Book research.
Click here for details.

My arse!

I am going to flame those knobends tomorrow just for personal enjoyment.
Feel free to join me... their contact details are:
Tel: +61 2 9310 7622
Fax: +61 2 9310 7455
Email: info@redbook.com.au

I am going to grab a teletypewriter and phone them via a relay service... repeatedly!

Thats the way teach them a lesson for lack of respect and knowledge of the all might gt4 Twisted Evil
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: Group A list Wed, 16 March 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squid, unfortunately Mitch doesn't have the engine numbers (they aren't included in the VIN/build number lists that he sent me). I'd like to have all the original engine numbers for the list so people can tell if the engine has been replaced, maybe I will approach Toyota but I doubt they will be forth coming with such details.

From the media release....(provided by Mitch, thanks again Mitch!)
-------------------------------------------------- --------------
The price of the Toyota Celica GT-Four Group A Rallye, announced today, is: $45,460

The price is exactly the same as the current Celica GT-Four.

It is $2 under the luxury car tax limit.

The launch price includes factory fitted air conditioning - an optional extra on the current GT-Four.

The price of the Celica GT-Four Group A Rallye reflects Toyota's commitment to value for money.

"It is as sensational a price as the current model two wheel drive Celica was at launch 18 months ago," John Conomos, executive vice president of Toyota Australia said.

"The Group A Rallye has the potential to become a collector's special."
-------------------------------------------------- --------------

That's great news on the 15 year rule! I can only say that because I've already got a Grp A, though I wouldn't mind a 2nd or 3rd. Cool

Thanks for the pic Toobs, just what I was after and answered my question. It certainly does look great! Did you paint the center vent grill and the "timing belt cooling opening" silver or were they original? I'd say you painted them but I've never seen a black Grp A so... either way it looks awesome Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 00:26]

Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Group A list Wed, 16 March 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hawk wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 11:13

"The Group A Rallye has the potential to become a collector's special."

Well they got that right!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Wed, 16 March 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hawk wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 11:13

Thanks for the pic Toobs, just what I was after and answered my question. It certainly does look great! Did you paint the center vent grill and the "timing belt cooling opening" silver or were they original? I'd say you painted them but I've never seen a black Grp A so... either way it looks awesome Very Happy

Haha... the timing belt snorkel thingy isn't painted inside... its black... just pretty dirty in that pic. Very Happy

The mesh on the scoop isn't painted.
It doesn't appear to have previously painted and then stripped off either.
It did have insulation under it before though but I cut it out soon after I bought the car... note: that insulation stuff is fiberglass and damn itchy!

On a seperate topic could you tell me if the VIN and build number check out on the white Group A I mentioned earlier?
Build Number: 126
Colour: White
VIN: JT764STJ500016774
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: Group A list Wed, 16 March 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep it checks out. Makes you wonder what happened to it...
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Group A list Wed, 16 March 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well canberra toyota didn't recognise mine as a group A, so someone else probably made same mistake and repaired 126 as if it was a standard gt4.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Wed, 16 March 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The guy probably had a stack and then didn't want to fork out the huge cash for replacement Group A parts so swapped them for standard GT4 parts and sold the car off cheap to a dealer.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Wed, 16 March 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or a numbers job maybe???
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Group A list Wed, 16 March 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
knowing the shady nature of that dealer, i would say rebirth for sure.
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: Group A list Thu, 17 March 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My bonnet vent has gone silver too. It's made from stainless steel, & the matt black paint on them seems to wear off after a while (maybe from being in the sun, or washed too often Confused). It does have a little bit of the black paint left on it in one corner though so I know it used to be black. It was like that when I bought it 2 years ago. It had the bonnet insulation too, but I have since removed part of it from under the vent. I have thought many times about cooking a steak on that grille...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group A list Thu, 17 March 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my RC bonnet is the same - black paints come off the mesh - il going to re etch and spray it - though it will be grey like my car with black inserts like the rest ..

No insulation here either - previous jap crazy dude must have ripped the lot off
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Group A list Fri, 18 March 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 22:20

maybe from being in the sun, or washed too often Confused)

Probably more from the intercooler than the sun. You have never noticed the streams of heat pour out when you are standing?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Sat, 19 March 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Tue, 16 November 2004 14:01

No. 1 00014860 Sydney

I think the VIN for this one is actually 14868.
The paint code for the VIN I mentioned is 3E5 (Super Red)
It is definately a Group A and was built in 06/1991
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: Group A list Sat, 19 March 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noticed something interesting the other day, I checked the paint code on my build plate, and my car was originally metallic silver! It's now metallic black, and has been painted all over, i.e. engine bay etc. but not under the boot carpet Smile

I'm assuming it was stacked and re-sprayed but the paint has been re-done very well and the body is straight so meh!
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Group A list Sun, 20 March 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah well these are pretty old cars dude, they all have some history, wish we could of bought them new eh. But i never knew group A's came in silver, i havent seen one yet, wonder how it looks.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Sun, 20 March 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just went through the whole list of Group A's and worked out the paint codes.
The quantity of Aus delivered cars vs colour are as follows:
69 X 3E5 Red
47 X 040 White
18 X 202 Black
10 X 749 Teal
6 X 182 Grey

This probably explains why I only know of 1 other Black Group A in existance and that 99% of the Group A's I have seen are either white or red.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Sun, 20 March 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a close look at the mesh on the bonnet scoop yesterday and there does seem to be extremely small bits of black paint around the edges.
So I suppose it was probably painted black originally.
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: Group A list Sun, 20 March 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Sun, 20 March 2005 13:30

Just went through the whole list of Group A's and worked out the paint codes.
The quantity of Aus delivered cars vs colour are as follows:
69 X 3E5 Red
47 X 040 White
18 X 202 Black
10 X 749 Teal
6 X 182 Grey

This probably explains why I only know of 1 other Black Group A in existance and that 99% of the Group A's I have seen are either white or red.

Wow thats alotta red machines, they do look great in Red. I would have thought white was the most popular car around, most of the group A's ive seen are white..hehehe...

P.s...i got to drive my car today..for the first time, cant wait till its registered, felt great! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Sun, 20 March 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tooch wrote on Sun, 20 March 2005 10:01

Noticed something interesting the other day, I checked the paint code on my build plate, and my car was originally metallic silver! It's now metallic black, and has been painted all over, i.e. engine bay etc. but not under the boot carpet Smile

I'm assuming it was stacked and re-sprayed but the paint has been re-done very well and the body is straight so meh!

Yep your original paint code would have been 182 which is the same as Classiques ride.
A little unfortunate though because that was the rarest colour out of the Group A's... I suppose there is only 5 now.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group A list Sun, 20 March 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup - saw tooches today - VERY VERY clean - and nice in the new cololur - as he said - it may have had a bimgle cause whoevers resprayed it - has gone to the extent of taking out the motor + doing the engine bay as well - not just a top coat ..

Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: Group A list Sun, 20 March 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I got mine 18 months ago it had black paint on the center vent but it was thinning and showing metal in areas, as were the wiper arms. Took them all off within a month of getting the car, cleaned them up and resprayed them black. Looks so much better.

Toobs...you better call your insurance company - your car value just went up! I wonder if there is a grey one left...?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A list Sun, 20 March 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hawk wrote on Mon, 21 March 2005 10:02

Toobs...you better call your insurance company - your car value just went up! I wonder if there is a grey one left...?

Yep I'm going to tell them its 1 of only 18 next time I speak to them via relay service!
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Group A list Mon, 21 March 2005 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I see 2 black ones in canberra regulary... not sure which build numbers tho!
Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dirty Sanchez , Check out my Subaru {NWS}
Next Topic:power steering motor noise?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:06:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014333963394165 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.