Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » South Australia » ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise **

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
genkin
Regular

January 2004
** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Tue, 02 November 2004 04:02 Go to next message
okay all you misserable sooks.

im organising a little cruise on friday night (5th NOV).
driving will be through hills area.
followed by an ice cream stop where we can catch up.

so if your keen on touge, ice-cream and soda pop, then meet me at Unley Shopping Centre carpark at 8:30pm on friday night.

(next cruise will be a pancakes run Wink stay tuned Wink )

vote genkin for president
  Send a private message to this user    
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Tue, 02 November 2004 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmmm ice cream, It can get a bit messy though! Maybe we can use soda pop to cover things up!

I might tag along as "support"
ShAkEn
Regular

April 2003
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Tue, 02 November 2004 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im at work till nine. but ill give one of 'the 8 6 dudes' a call and find out where you's all are
jono
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Tue, 02 November 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to re-confirm. when i say 'ice-cream' i actually mean ICE CREAM as in that sweet creamy stuff.

(most of u who have been on my cruises will know im serious)
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Tue, 02 November 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Err - what time?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Tue, 02 November 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

then meet me at Unley Shopping Centre carpark at 8:30pm on friday night.

Maybe i should get my eyes checked before the cruise....
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Tue, 02 November 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i have my car back you can bet your sweet ass ill be out driving...otherwise, its kinda hard Crying or Very Sad

Jon
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Tue, 02 November 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
genkin wrote on Tue, 02 November 2004 14:32

vote genkin for president

Laughing

we should have TWO ice cream stops to make up for the lack of icecream stop on the last!

I might be drunk on friday nite, so i'll have to see whether i'll be able to come. Smile
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Tue, 02 November 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds fun Evil or Very Mad
Cya there.
Ms_SILYCAR
Regular

I supported Toymods

January 2004

Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Tue, 02 November 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys,

i would love to come but unfortunately my shocks are not good and i am not going to survive any hills runs... Sounds like fun, and if my shocks weren't so screwed i would join... but hopefully you'll all have fun anywayz!!!

Ciao.
Stef
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Tue, 02 November 2004 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My shocks are crapola too, but I can drive around it....just not as quick under braking Sad (my favourite part!)
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Tue, 02 November 2004 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, yes... well im lonely driver.

( and that wont change... unless its worth my while Laughing )

[Updated on: Tue, 02 November 2004 23:01]

7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Tue, 02 November 2004 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So which hils region are you planning to cruise? I might tag along but it's not worth my while to meet at Unley if you're heading right back towards the north to north eastern area. Could there be another meet up this way? How many heads are interested ATM?
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Tue, 02 November 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are hills up north?
actually i don't know too many road out there...
but maybe we make our way up from southern to eastern hills.
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mexicans!
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i suppose i just assumed the eastern hills area when hill climbs were mentioned, (i'm still exploring the southern area myself, my mistake Razz ).

Maybe we could organise a cruise up this way to show you the difference with the tight hill roads up here to the faster runs down your way.
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mm yes. there are nice road out east.
i just forget how to get to them.
but i reckon we could heard out that way on friday night.

are there any ice cream places up that way that r open late friday night?
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What time are we meeting and time do we propose to indulge into our creamy desires? I can ring around and see what's open up this way. There's this nice place with this old Italian man who makes his own ice cream out the back and it's devinne, but not sure on closing times.

Marcellina's on Lower Northeast Rd should be open though???
Chuppa-AE86
Occasional Poster

April 2004

Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marcellina's is open til they kick everyone out.....i know this coz me and my best friend go at like 3 am or whatever when we're on our way home....should be a goer Laughing Cool Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
w00tah!!!

Im there with bells on, bells that start playing after 105 kph Razz

Very Happy
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like I will have to grab some ice cream another time, GT4 won't be fixed until at least mid next-week (and knowing toyota, probably even longer).
86LIFE
Regular

September 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmm ice cream run! Very Happy

thats a sweet idea...

(so very lame)

i'll be out, if i can can find where unley shop centre is

meh can't be too hard, must consult street directory again.

see yas out there whoevers going
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have fun ppl

might be able to make it to the next meet, cars not that far away now.. sorta, maybe Rolling Eyes lol
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might come out. I don't like the new speeding law though. Over 45km loss of license. If it's 80km don't go more than 125km Wink
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isnt it 25km+ over, lose licence for 3 months
and 45km+ over lose it for 6 months?

i got another fine the other day, 84 in 60, so glad it wasnt 86 lol.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This was just on the news tonight, so it must of been rushed through parliament today.
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 20:10

Isnt it 25km+ over, lose licence for 3 months
and 45km+ over lose it for 6 months?

i got another fine the other day, 84 in 60, so glad it wasnt 86 lol.

Hmmmmmm, yeah i know exactly how that feels...like $250 and 3 points later....grrrrrrrr
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it's raining like it is this Thursday morning, i wont be going. Soz guys, but steering a large heavy Supra round those bends in the wet is a recipe for an off roading experience i don't wont to have.
Lets hope the weather clears up!
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it's raining like it is this Thursday morning, i wont be going. Soz guys, but steering a large heavy Supra round those bends in the wet is a recipe for an off roading experience i don't wont to have.
Lets hope the weather clears up!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apparently it is supposed to be ok lets hope so Confused
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Wed, 03 November 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, it seems rain is possible for friday night.
i dont want this run to end in tears.
i will not cancel the cruise, but we may divert our plans on the night.
please still attend.

another note...
there is a nice ice creamery on o'connell st, nth adl.
(also a bakery)
this is open quite late.

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Thu, 04 November 2004 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its actually open 24 hours Very Happy

perfect for those late night drunken or drug related munchies

We could do a stop at cafe de vilis, i hear thier ice cream is pretty spesh Cool
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Thu, 04 November 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah well i diverted all my plans already for the cruise so i'll probably still try to make it if the weather is not too bad.
It'll be good to catch up with other Toyota fernatics who go on cruises to actually cruise. I do like the mingling and so forth, but sometimes i just want to drive.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Thu, 04 November 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

yes, it seems rain is possible for friday night.
i dont want this run to end in tears.
i will not cancel the cruise, but we may divert our plans on the night.
please still attend.
Uhhh - whathe? A bit of rain and suddenly it's all too dangerous? No No No If you are going on a 'hellish' pace cruise then you have to be prepared for the fact that it is high risk driving and that tears are a distinct possibility.

Just my 2c...
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Thu, 04 November 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha lol, rain is all good for some things Razz

My front tyres are extremo bald and understeery, so I wont be keen on any pace through the hills, but i'll come for ice cream and a diversion Razz Smile
big JON
Regular

September 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Thu, 04 November 2004 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, so i still dont have my car back yet...so that kinda means i cant be driving on this cruise...D'OH

Jon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Thu, 04 November 2004 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4ageeza wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 22:00

Hahaha lol, rain is all good for some things Razz

Are you thinking what I am thinking Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 21:35]

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Fri, 05 November 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was fun.

It was a shame it was pouring down half the time. I could hardly see some times! The yacht likes to understeer and lockup, both front and rear most corners.

That white 86 looked pretty tough, and the guy in the Mazda was fully fanging it everywhere.

Hope next time the weather is better.

Nice one.

Very Happy
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Fri, 05 November 2004 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GZ20 + devils elbow = Fun

Very Happy Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Fri, 05 November 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simon dont get used to it Razz

but that was awesome fun, traffic just makes it more "interesting"
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Fri, 05 November 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would make an awesome drift car, you know you have to Wink
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Fri, 05 November 2004 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was good to meet everyone too.

I liked the Tom's kit Supra.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Fri, 05 November 2004 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, was a good quick run through the hills, even with the wet roads.
Did you other guys end up doing the ice-cream stop? Wink

If anyone wants the photos that i took at Stirling, lemme know, otherwise i wont bother uploading them (they aint too exciting).
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Fri, 05 November 2004 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wet roads + GT4 = ass-whuppin'.

wet roads + busted GT4 = stuck at work in Stirling making pizzas.
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Sat, 06 November 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rain is no drama.
you know its there, so there is no reason for making error.
you must adjust your driving pace and especially braking.

we ended up in north adelaide eating ice creams and and checking out some hektic rearterior (deriaire)
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Sat, 06 November 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
genkin wrote on Sat, 06 November 2004 13:52

we ended up in north adelaide eating ice creams and and checking out some hektic rearterior (deriaire)

lol

Ive put the few photos up:
http://www.overclockers.com.au/~mwp/gallery/thumbs .php?sub=Events/2004-11-05%20Toyota%20Cruise%20(Genkins)

Looks like youll have copy & paste the link, forums dont like the brackets Sad

[Updated on: Sat, 06 November 2004 03:49]

zecscott
Regular

August 2003
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Sat, 06 November 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
genkin: saw u doin laps rond unley oval by yo self!! bout 7.30pm. i was in the red AE82 with white rims.

FWDboy: u work in Stirling? where at? i live in stirling. have to catch up.

later
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Sat, 06 November 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I work at Pizza Mania, although I admit Gio's is probably better though if you want to grab pizza in that area Smile
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Sat, 06 November 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zecscott wrote on Sat, 06 November 2004 14:22

genkin: saw u doin laps rond unley oval by yo self!! bout 7.30pm. i was in the red AE82 with white rims.

later

hey zescott. yes i remember seeing your car.
i trying to get my handbrake working.
i got zero lock Shocked

why u not come on cruise?
we went through stirling.

maybe next time
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Sat, 06 November 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sat, 06 November 2004 00:56

would make an awesome drift car, you know you have to Wink

0h you know im gonna Wink
Ice cream was fabulous, hektik derierre was better Wink

DANISH NEED LSD FOR TWIN SOARER DORIFTUUUUUUU!

MWP Any chance you could email me the photos of my car, is that asking a lot?

cheers
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Sat, 06 November 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah boi! Monday is the day it all begins Smile
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Sat, 06 November 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.overclockers.com.au/~mwp/gallery/thumbs .php?sub=Events/2004-11-05%20Toyota%20Cruise%20(Ge nkins)

Matt, pics are here
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Sat, 06 November 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers all for the cruise.

Thanks MWP for that dirt road detour, its nice to have some variation Razz

Sorry I couldn't continue on for teh icecream. I hope u all had fun!

Oi Simo, I havent forgotten about that mars bar that you put on my window Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Sat, 06 November 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Sat, 06 November 2004 15:15

I work at Pizza Mania, although I admit Gio's is probably better though if you want to grab pizza in that area Smile

lol. I used to know a dude named Eben that used to work there! And my uncle started up the Gio's stores!
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Sat, 06 November 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL @ marsbar Razz
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Sat, 06 November 2004 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

lol. I used to know a dude named Eben that used to work there! And my uncle started up the Gio's stores!
Haha - yeah Eben was a crazy/top lad, I remember the Supra that he had, I spent all night fixing the head (in retrospect the ol' 5ME was a piece of turd anyway) only for him to blow the oil pump a month later and wreck the whole engine Smile Last I heard he was in WA!

I hear good things about the guy who started Gio's, but I don't hear as good things about the guy who runs the Aldgate Gio's Espresso thing Wink

[Updated on: Sun, 07 November 2004 04:33]

7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Mon, 08 November 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the cruise (sorry to leave early, just was too much carting the supra round those wild roads, i'll have to revisit in the dry one day). Would have been better to bring my celica as more suited to hills work.

It was great to meet you guys and i hope future cruises are not too far in the horizon.

Frank
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Mon, 08 November 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pics looked great on the "MWP's Gallery" just if i could ask for my license plates to be made unreadable?
Thanks heaps guys.
zecscott
Regular

August 2003
Re: ** Genkins Hellish Ice Cream Cruise ** Tue, 09 November 2004 06:31 Go to previous message
genkin wrote on Sat, 06 November 2004 17:12

zecscott wrote on Sat, 06 November 2004 14:22

later

hey zescott. yes i remember seeing your car.
i trying to get my handbrake working.
i got zero lock Shocked

why u not come on cruise?
we went through stirling.

maybe next time

i would have come but had prior plans - drinking plus i had bald as badger front tires. ill try make one soon.

peace
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota Car Club SCS Info
Next Topic:** 2005 Drift at Mallala **
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:45:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080559253692627 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.