Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Freezer
Newcomer

August 2004
South Australia's new penalties Wed, 03 November 2004 02:36 Go to next message
Geez....what a bunch of Pr*#ks this government have turned out to be.....45+k's over the limit and they will take away your licence! And fine you $500. And 6 demerits. But they won't do anything to provide a place to do a decent skid......Faark em all! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 03 November 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcome to NSW Laughing We've had that for a while...
Freezer
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 03 November 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But at least you got a new drag strip....we haven't even got an old one Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 03 November 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah and we also lose our licence for three months when caught doing over 130kmph even in 110 zone which is only 20 over
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 03 November 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AIR has a drag strip...

But yeh, the new laws are stupid, but then, you shouldn't be speeding (etc etc).

I think they need to re-work the speeding laws. Speeding in urban area's like around town should be punished more than on the open road. 15km over should be where the fines start too.

Ah well, can't do much, we're just slaves to the system.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 03 November 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like the laws just keep getting harsher and harsher

till what?

that's what I want to know...
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 03 November 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm Freezer?

did u even bother to do the maths on that?

45km+ ==

85km+ in a school zone - do u want some fuck driving 85km/h or more past a school your kid goes to?

105km+ in a resedential area - do u want someone driving past your house at 105km/h or more everyday?

i do agree tho, the government DOES need to provide a place for us to do skids, and i feel the perfect location for that would be your head.

hands up who wants free skidz on freezers head at 45+km/h?
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 03 November 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*raises hand*

gota be in a 40 school zone though, need lots of spectators Twisted Evil
Freezer
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 03 November 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well excuse me, but I can not see in my original post anything about me condoning speeding or breaking the law in any way!

Flame me if you wish, but I was having a gripe about the government doing absolutely nothing to give the idiots here in South Australia somewhere to have a skid without endangering other members of the public.

Apologies will be gratefully accepted either here on the forum or by personal mail

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 03 November 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.njoyschool.net/data-new/club/bbs033/sorry.gif
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 03 November 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

85km+ in a school zone - do u want some f*ck driving 85km/h or more past a school your kid goes to?

Quote:

hands up who wants free skidz on freezers head at 45+km/h?

wait... something doen't quite add up here Wink

don't hurt the kiddies vs hurt freezer... hmm

comon dudes lay off him
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 03 November 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair enough in school zones...

But these laws also apply to higher speed areas like freeways and highways... Now how many of you stick to the speed limit on those!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 03 November 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freezer wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 15:47

Flame me if you wish, but I was having a gripe about the government doing absolutely nothing to give the idiots here in South Australia somewhere to have a skid without endangering other members of the public.

its all semantics then.

your original post reads that your views on the speeding fines and your views about the lack of facilities are interrelated.

if u want to gripe about lack of facilities then do so, keeping in mind how someone else will read and interpret your post.

frankly i agree with you, we DO need more places to do skids!

and on a now established unrelated note, those fines seem adequate for people who want to do those speeds, especially if its in a school zone. Cool
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 03 November 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freezer wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 15:47

You want the government and the public (including you, to pay for somewhere to be setup so that IDIOTS can drive like dicks ? And you think it is OK to have them on teh raod speeding without appropriate penalties ?

Get real and grow a brain. If you can't control your driving habits you don't deserve a licence. Rolling Eyes
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 03 November 2004 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 23:15

You want the government and the public (including you, to pay for somewhere to be setup so that IDIOTS can drive like dicks ? And you think it is OK to have them on teh raod speeding without appropriate penalties ?

Get real and grow a brain. If you can't control your driving habits you don't deserve a licence. Rolling Eyes

I agree if you can't control your driving habits you don't deserve a license. What he is saying is that somewhere should be set up so that people can thrash their cars legally. Look at graffitti. It's detrimental to society but the government acknowledges it is an interest that a lot of people like so they set up walls and stuff where people can go and spray so that they can still continue in their hobby without f*cking up anyone else.
Isn't it fair that somewhere be set up so people can do this with their cars? Obviously you'd need safety precautions etc. and limit the amount of cars etc.
Maybe you get a limit of 30 minutes?
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: South Australia's new penalties Thu, 04 November 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is it is called AIR its shit yes but its there.

i personally think that the police should block off some of the streets in the industrial areas around here and have supervised drifting, street races and drags in the wee hours of the weekends when no 1 but the ppl involved are there.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2004 05:22]

Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: South Australia's new penalties Thu, 04 November 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 15:52

i personally think that the police should block off some of the streets in the industrial areas around here and have supervised drifting, street races and drags in the wee hours of the weekends when no 1 but the ppl involved are there.

I sure hope your being sarcastic. Rolling Eyes
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: South Australia's new penalties Fri, 05 November 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no actually i'm not, the back streets at Regency have no one working in a 4-5 block radius after 9pm friday till bout 5am saturday and the back streets near Japanese motor sport don't either.

if it was completly supervised and looked after it work really well.
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: South Australia's new penalties Mon, 08 November 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it just me or do these auto-license-loss-at-some-pathetically-low-speed laws just remove inhibitions about top-end speed? I mean, if there were graduated fine+points penalties for 20km, 30km, 40km, etc. then I'd be more likely to get to 130-140 (on a 100km/h highway, at night, no traffic, I don't speed around people/suburbs/schools) and then back off thinking 'I don't wanna lose too much if I'm caught'.

As it is, I get up to 145 and at that point I'm gonna lose my license and get a $500 or whatever fine anyway, so my general feeling is 'fuckit, may as well be doing 180+ since it's more fun'.

You easterners have all the luck, you've got Oran Park, Eastern Creek... Adeliade city centre... Evil or Very Mad Over here we just have Wanneroo raceway, which you might be able to drive on once a month if you pay $100ish. Oh, and apparently there's something out at Collie but from what I've seen it's hell dodge.

edit: I for one fully agree with Goose. The government spends $$$++ on building a gazillion skate parks for 13-year-old streetkids so they will sit around sniffing glue instead of vandalizing peoples' property, why can't they simply give permission for people who actually have jobs and contribute to society to use pre-existing resources (roads in industrial complexes with no buildings around them) to practice driving techniques in a safe, controlled environment? Obviously the solution is for us to set fire to government buildings and scrawl obscene messages on trains. Works for the skater punks anyway. :/

[Updated on: Mon, 08 November 2004 11:05]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: South Australia's new penalties Tue, 09 November 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 15:57

Fair enough in school zones...

But these laws also apply to higher speed areas like freeways and highways... Now how many of you stick to the speed limit on those!

I think the real problem is that with the cars being as advanced as they are today that 110km/h on a 3 lane straight as a die freeway is too slow and causes people to fall asleep. I know this very well as use to travel alot between sydney and melbourne and its hard to stay alert and drive at 110km/h. 130km/h is more realistic and on a sydney to melbourne trip that makes it 7 hrs not 8 1/2hrs.

Food for thought

[Updated on: Tue, 09 November 2004 08:41]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: South Australia's new penalties Tue, 09 November 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fractoid wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 21:58

Is it just me or do these auto-license-loss-at-some-pathetically-low-speed laws just remove inhibitions about top-end speed? I mean, if there were graduated fine+points penalties for 20km, 30km, 40km, etc. then I'd be more likely to get to 130-140 (on a 100km/h highway, at night, no traffic, I don't speed around people/suburbs/schools) and then back off thinking 'I don't wanna lose too much if I'm caught'.

As it is, I get up to 145 and at that point I'm gonna lose my license and get a $500 or whatever fine anyway, so my general feeling is 'fuckit, may as well be doing 180+ since it's more fun'.

You easterners have all the luck, you've got Oran Park, Eastern Creek... Adeliade city centre... Evil or Very Mad Over here we just have Wanneroo raceway, which you might be able to drive on once a month if you pay $100ish. Oh, and apparently there's something out at Collie but from what I've seen it's hell dodge.

edit: I for one fully agree with Goose. The government spends $$$++ on building a gazillion skate parks for 13-year-old streetkids so they will sit around sniffing glue instead of vandalizing peoples' property, why can't they simply give permission for people who actually have jobs and contribute to society to use pre-existing resources (roads in industrial complexes with no buildings around them) to practice driving techniques in a safe, controlled environment? Obviously the solution is for us to set fire to government buildings and scrawl obscene messages on trains. Works for the skater punks anyway. :/

I must admit 180 plus is fun
Gr33nM0nk3y
Regular

September 2004
Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 10 November 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fractoid wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 21:58

Oh, and apparently there's something out at Collie but from what I've seen it's hell dodge.

collie motorplex, it isnt that bad, only changes gradients 3 times Razz buts its being/has been resurfaced, its a bit of a trip but worth it for cheap track time.

lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 10 November 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just out of curiosity

how many point should i lose for going 115 in a 80 zone
( i didnt see the sign)(i recon they changed it wen they popped my bonnet)

but still neone got any ideas
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 10 November 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more than a few
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: South Australia's new penalties Wed, 10 November 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would 6 be a good guess??
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: South Australia's new penalties Thu, 11 November 2004 14:39 Go to previous message
lilcrash wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 18:21

just out of curiosity

how many point should i lose for going 115 in a 80 zone
( i didnt see the sign)(i recon they changed it wen they popped my bonnet)

but still neone got any ideas
You're in Queensland, so your mileage will vary, but in WA that's 35km/h over the limit, which is in the 30-40km/h bracket - $250 and 4 points.

[edit: as for Collie - I would go down there this weekend for the drift day, but I've got new tyres on the Supra, which I don't really want to rip up, I can't chase down a set of bodgy rims in time anyway, and the MR2 doesn't have a limited slip diff. Any clue how easy it is to upgrade an aw11 sc to a LSD?]

[Updated on: Thu, 11 November 2004 14:41]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:F*cking retarded stupid fu*ked up who9e
Next Topic:Lane merging goodness
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:02:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070621967315674 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.