Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » cusco camber tops 'low castor' ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

cusco camber tops 'low castor' ? Thu, 04 November 2004 19:44 Go to next message
Obviously positive castor is a good thing. But im looking at ordering a set of camber tops and there are two sets that are the same except two points which arent elaborated;

1 has normal castor, the other has 'low' castor.

I've only ever heard positive/negative phrases in regards to castor. What is this 'low' they are reffering to? Just another term for positive?
  Send a private message to this user    
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: cusco camber tops 'low castor' ? Thu, 04 November 2004 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure low refers to negative castor.

i think theyre the same as the aus spec tops which have less castor than the jap spec tops.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: cusco camber tops 'low castor' ? Thu, 04 November 2004 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well low/negative would make sense. But negative = bad. So thats why I figuired it couldnt be that. =/

The ozpec's have less than the jap specs? So your saying the cusco low's would be the same as ozspec and normal would infact be postivive?.

Heh. Why cant they just say +1 or -1 ... =/
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: cusco camber tops 'low castor' ? Thu, 04 November 2004 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where you getting these from Andrew? I'm interested as well!
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: cusco camber tops 'low castor' ? Fri, 05 November 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like he is looking here:

http://www.greenline.jp/
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: cusco camber tops 'low castor' ? Fri, 05 November 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, was just bout to reply

greenline Wink
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: cusco camber tops 'low castor' ? Fri, 05 November 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm..about 260 for a pair...
i wonder whether its better to get this or T3 ones..
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: cusco camber tops 'low castor' ? Fri, 05 November 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satoshi, I belive the cuscos are better. But then again I havnt seen the T3 ones in person so I shouldnt comment. heh.
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: cusco camber tops 'low castor' ? Fri, 12 November 2004 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone found out about the low castor etc stuff yet??

please explain..
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: cusco camber tops 'low castor' ? Fri, 12 November 2004 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive compared the Cusco and T3 side by side. And all in all its much of a muchness. The cuscos can hit on the upper hats in a coilover setup, a la this:
http://www.dysfunction.ws/galleryapp/Sprinter/DSCF 0015_002

To overcome this Cusco made a "height adjustable" version of the camber tops which had a little spacer underneath so it didnt hit. However, that can easily be reproduced with a custom spacer like this:
http://www.dysfunction.ws/galleryapp/Sprinter/DSCF 0006_012

Im thinking about getting more of those made up too btw.

The T3s dont have this problem, as they were explicitly designed for the height adjustable setup, like this:
http://www.technotoytuning.com/media/t3/products/u pper_hat2.jpg
But i would be worried about the upper hat rubbing on the base at higher neg camber values, as there doesnt seem to be much clearance there at all.

The T3 plates are made out of a thicker alloy as well which may be good for those planning to hammer it out along bumpy roads with heavy suspension... i have seen some Cusco plates bend or deform, but that was on a rally car.

Anyway im adding this to the suspension FAQ, so be nice.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: cusco camber tops 'low castor' ? Sat, 13 November 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greenline replied to an email and low castor does actually mean negative castor.

This is very interesting. The only reasoning I can see behind this is quicker steering... (but ofcourse you sacrifice the car darting all over the place amongst other more serious things)

Takai!!, you couldnt have replied with the 'cusco warping' info 2days earlier? I already ordered my Cusco's =/ heh.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: cusco camber tops 'low castor' ? Sat, 13 November 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The cusco plate deformed when it hit a rock which was jutting about 15cm out of the ground. Not exactly common.
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: cusco camber tops 'low castor' ? Sat, 13 November 2004 04:27 Go to previous message
so both got their own cons?

did u say T3 ones might have problem with the upperhat if we dial too much negative camber?

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Celica Suspension
Next Topic:Do all engine conversions need to be engineered?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:23:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043771266937256 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.