Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Shiftlock
Regular

Banned User

October 2004
3TC upgrades Thu, 11 November 2004 19:42 Go to next message
hey everyone
the t18 i bought a couple weeks ago is running a 3TC motor and i was wondering if anyone new of anything relatively cheap i could do to get abit more power from the motor...
or whether you guys think it is even worth spending dollars on...
it only makes 56kw at the fly stock so you can see why i want to upgrade it....
any help would be very much appreciated
cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: 3TC upgrades Tue, 21 December 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look up www.toyota3tc.com The Americans love these motors and get lots of horsepowerhttp://www.toyota3tc.com. The turbo and manifold from the 3TGTEU bolts on to it. Like anything that requires modding, it's worth while spending on pistons, con rods and rod bolts. You can get away with using stock internals but you will need ARP rod bolts if you want to boost it! The rod bolts will stretch but these motors are bloody tough and can handle 10 psi in stock form with just the rod bolts replaced. You can run them 'all motor' setup too and get big power, check the site above for info. I'm fucken sick of all the twinkie hype ( I know, they are great little motors, don't get me wrong) so I'm doing a turbo conversion on my 3TEU (EFI version of the 3TC).

You could just replace the carbie with twin Webers put a mild cam in it, run extractors and bore it out to just under 2 litres (quite safe to do with a 3TC). You will surprise plenty of punters with this. Cool
ozboy
Regular

February 2004
Re: 3TC upgrades Tue, 21 December 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 3tgte exaust manifold and turbo will fit but the intake wont fit!!! i recently asked this question about a 2t youre best bet is to turbo as you wont get much from it N/A but doing this you will have to strengthen your internals have fun and shop around to get the best price...
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: 3TC upgrades Tue, 21 December 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you got to look for EFI setup from a 3TEU (or 2TGEU perhaps?)or fabricate one. If the 3TEU intake is so hard to get hold of it might be easier to just get a whole 3TEU from importers.
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 3TC upgrades Wed, 22 December 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u could put a 2tg head on it and make a hybrid
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 3TC upgrades Wed, 22 December 2004 02:23 Go to previous message
the hole hybrid thing in my opinion is over rated!
its a good engine, but for all the effort envolved in making one, you could do better!
be unique, strap a snail to the side of that 3t-c, i don't think any toymodders have done it yet?
with 10psi pumping into one i reken ude be smoking all the hybrids out there too! just got to sort out a intake...

or you could always drop in the 3tgte striaght away...
(wish i did that instead of the hybrid)

or else if your happy with a little n/a youll find the 2tg to be a nicer engine to drive, drop some bigger cams in there and youll be having a blast, straight forward swop to do and they usually sell pretty cheap, around $800 should get you a good one
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:turbo manifold designs
Next Topic:1G-G with 3 sidedrafts?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 21:20:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011681079864502 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.