Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon3.gif  Battery changing problem Sat, 25 May 2002 14:23 Go to next message
Just a note to the ppl who are not into their hands dirty, but are still a car lovers or think they are Rolling Eyes hehe me....

most of you prolly already know this, or have not experienced this before... this is for the ignorant ones... once again... 4 ppl like me Surprised

my lancer had a flat batt today and when I put a new one in and had a quick test drive... was all good till i came to a stop.. then the bastard stalled on me... and stalling and stalling ...

so i went home... had a sook.. called a good buddy of mine.. (NRMA roadside assistance) Nod

got to my house, told me to turn on the a/c, demister, foggies, indicators, pump the boom boxes and flick the high beams...

apparently, the computer loses its memory when the batt goes flat the way mine did, so to restore its memory, i had to do the abovementioned things and let it run 5-10 minutes...

Seems to be all good now!

Just thought I'd share that with the other ignorant ones out there ! Grin

[Updated on: Sat, 25 May 2002 14:25]

Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Battery changing problem Sat, 25 May 2002 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your battery would have to be really flat for the car to loose its memory! Less than 8 volts! It would of lost its memory when you disconnected the battery. You can buy cheap things from most auto shops that you plug into your cig lighter that "powers" the memory when the main battery is disconnected. Very useful if you need your car right after you change the battery.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Battery changing problem Sun, 26 May 2002 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2's must be real good then, the battery's been outa mine plenty times, i've never had a prob with computer memory at all.
Rolling
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Battery changing problem Sun, 26 May 2002 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know with alot of Holden and Ford computers are self learing and can be reset if you disconnect the battery for ten minutes (eg. Camira).
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Battery changing problem Sun, 26 May 2002 13:37 Go to previous message

Hmmm... funny thing is i have disconnected the battery before and no probs .... i.e. to playwith stereo...

however this was the first time the batt went FLAT... for a couple of days i guess... and yeh the memory problem..

oh well... seems ok now so no worriz... Yawn
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Whats in your front yard??
Next Topic:motor sport
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 07:57:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071859359741211 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.