Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » ACT » Summernats!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Summernats!!! Wed, 17 November 2004 02:07 Go to next message
As usual Summernats is fast approaching 7,8,9 January.

Anyone going to have a look or enter their car??

I will be entered again in the KE25 Corolla.

Until the end of November entry is $150 then it will rise to $200 until about the 13th December, then entries close. You can pick up an entry form from the Rare Spares shops (there is one in Phillip)

I can highly recommend entering and doing the driving events, it's pretty good fun.

No doubt I will see a few people out there.

Shane.
  Send a private message to this user    
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Sat, 20 November 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be there specaltating for a few days just wandering around and catching up with the TOYMODS and CCG guys. Of course Tweety is not worthy of the Nats but Ill be there when you have a crack at the driving events! If I can pit or help out at all just ask. Cheers. Mitch
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Sun, 21 November 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tweety is well and truly good enough to enter!! DO IT!!

If you are going to get a 3 day pass you may as well spend the extra couple of $$$ and enter, you car is definitely worthy. Then you don't have to line up to get in, no looking for car parks, just drive in and park. Cruise around in your car, do the odd driving event etc.

Enter and do the driving events with Garreth and myself (possibly a 4AGTE sprinter a friend of ours own will enter as well). We can all sit in the lines for each event in a Toyota group (saftey in numbers Laughing )

I am looking forward to it Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 22 November 2004 00:27]

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Mon, 22 November 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with Shane, Tweety is a really nice 22. Damn if Yogi's car can win trophies at the nats then Tweety is well and truly worthy of being shown there at least.
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Mon, 22 November 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geeeeezzzzz there are others out there that agree with me that Tweety is Summernats entry material. But then again, what would I know about cars.

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Mon, 22 November 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's unanimous!!! Mitch will enter Tweety! Surprised

I don't put my car in any of the "Show" components of Summernats, I just drive it around and have fun.

Tweety is definitely neat enough to put on the oval for the street awards on Saturday though if you chose to do so Smile

Having the car entered won't mean that you have to be there any longer than you planned on being there, it just means it's more convenient for coming and going from the event and you can have a run on the grass events Evil or Very Mad .

The driving events will be good practice for Toyota Nationals too!!
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Summernats!!! Mon, 22 November 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm thinking of entering the XD. Don't know if it up to summernats quality yet, but i'll definately be going Smile
Cheers
Steve
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Tue, 23 November 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neat clean and all panels the same colour (some mods too) and you will get in. They only get real picky on what cars look like if you are entering them in show and shine etc.

A lot of cars that enter get driven around a fair bit on the street so a few imperfections are to be expected. The top show cars are an exception though.

Toycam, what colour is the XD so we know what to keep an eye out for?

Anyone growing a mullet for the nats?? Laughing I might just buy a mullet wig at the nats as my hair struggles to grow these days Laughing
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Summernats!!! Tue, 23 November 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is the "for sale" ad i put up ages ago.
Few mods since then.
Likle clear indicators, 1"drop at the back, and dyno tuned to 133 RwkW. Not bad for a 20 year old clevo

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=37386&rid=2426&S=079c87473a30c2b63491ea3 0b706bec1&pl_view=&start=0#msg_334626
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Wed, 24 November 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shano, I dont think Tweety will be up to the workout you guys give your rides! After the EXCELLENT work by Phil Lawrence to move the engine mount on the xmember for the 3TGT mount to clear the oil return I am back on track to have it at least running by then! THANKS HEAPS PHIL L!!!!!!!!!!!!

At my VERY slow rate I will be lucky to have it running by then. Will still make it out for the annual pilgrimage as I love the old school muscle and the new high tech performance machines. Apart from the Booner element its still a great few days.
Cheers. Mitch
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Summernats!!! Wed, 24 November 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awwww, sounds like you guys are gonna have heaps of fun Smile
If only the panelvan had a new coat of jam Confused I'd be keen for some driving events. Oh well, will just have to concentrate on the Jamboree at WSID early next year.

MITCH: We can have tweety rolling by the nats! There's still a month to go! Razz

Cheers
Phil L
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Fri, 26 November 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I nominate all the CCG guys to put one day of work on one weekend each so Mitch can have Tweety finished for the Summernats.

So tell me, can you do the driving events and the street parades and shows and not have to enter the show and shine and the serious judging stuff at Summernats ?

Cheers,
Mitch.
(No, not him, another one !)
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Summernats!!! Sat, 27 November 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My entry is in. Fingers crossed that it passes scrutineering Smile

Steve
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Sun, 28 November 2004 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

So tell me, can you do the driving events and the street parades and shows and not have to enter the show and shine and the serious judging stuff at Summernats ?

Yep, you can enter which ever events you like. I only enter the grass driving events, go to whoa, and sometimes throw it on the dyno for interest.

Some people onyl enter show and shine, some don't enter anyhting in particular and just cruise around.

ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate, this is good to know, I have been threatening to get over there one of these days, as I'm an old CCC Australia Dubbo national meeting veteran, and a certain CCG guy by the name of Phil has been hassling me about getting there !
Cheers,
Mitch.
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guilty as charged, but you still can't swindle a weekend pass. What have you got to do to get a weekend pass these days.

ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Tue, 30 November 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Easy - clone myself - leave the clone at home while the real one comes over for some fun.....
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Wed, 01 December 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why go to all that trouble. The clone would probably show you up.

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Tue, 14 December 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
People should keep an eye on this post:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=51627&start=0&rid=204&S=6eed557263d7 33860f3d9536da900571

if they are interested in meeting up with some other interstate Toyota people or are interested in coming for a cruise outside of the Summernats event (probably Friday and Saturday night) keep an eye on the thread that I have linked above.

Cheers.
Bluewire
Regular

May 2002

Re: Summernats!!! Wed, 22 December 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey looking forward to meeting up with you guys...
If you see me cruiseing around ..stop me and say hi Very Happy
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Wed, 22 December 2004 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If either of those chicks in your Avatar are in the car cruising with you I am sure the CCG members will stop you pretty damn quick for a chat Laughing

Looking forawrd to seeing your car in the flesh, I missed out on seeing it last year.

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Fri, 24 December 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like I may well be coming to town with a few of the Sydney guys. Hope to catch up with some familiar faces (Mitch & Phil) and meet the rest of you all there! Smile
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Sat, 25 December 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hell we will sure look forward to catching up with all the TOYMODS guys who can make the trek to the Nats. We can at least meet up a few times and have a laugh or two. My Mobile is 0408994410, so we can work out things a bit closer to the Nats.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Mitch

[Updated on: Sat, 25 December 2004 10:54]

74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Summernats!!! Sun, 26 December 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've never been to the nats but what are the chances of picking up any TA22 parts?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Mon, 27 December 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chances of picking up genuine toyota parts for a TA22 at the Nats are slim to none. Most of the traders at the event either sell new stuff eg. turbo's, tools, clothes, videos, anodised crap, seats, stereos, intercoolers, radiators, wheels, shocks and springs etc etc...............

or they sell old parts for 308's and 186's and badges for old Torana's etc etc.

Most of the stuff is retail price too, I don't think I have ever bought any product from there.

TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Thu, 30 December 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what shall we plan for the Toymods and other Yota faithful when they get to Canberra? How about we see if we can get as many as possible to go for a cruise. What day or night would work? Friday night maybe?

Shane....what do you suggest?
Happy New Year!
Mitch
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Sun, 02 January 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MEETING!
OK. We have been chatting to a lot of the TOYMODS guys and have come up with a meeting on Friday night (7th). Basically all Yota fans are invited to meet up at the road/area between the new Parliament House and the old Parliament House(called Federation Mall). So if driving from Summernats, come straight down Northbourne Ave, round City Hill, over Commonwealth Ave Bridge and up the ramp to PHouse. Turn left at the top of the ramp and then left again.....easy!

Friday 7 January 2004
7.30 pm
Any probs ring me on 0408994410 (work mobile - so skeep tryin as im not ringin everyone back!)
Cheers
Mitch
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Summernats!!! Sun, 02 January 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet that sounds like a good plan, I'd be keen to join up for the cruise but I have no plans to goto summernats.

with that location we better be careful and hope we don't get picked on for being "suspected terrorists" Rolling Eyes ULLA ULLA Laughing
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Sun, 02 January 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just by the look of you mate they will definately think we are!
C U Fridy!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Summernats!!! Sun, 02 January 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes I just hope they don't search the car and find all the Rolling Eyes *stuff* Rolling Eyes in the boot that makes the big Rolling Eyes *somethings* Rolling Eyes

I might bring the white work van along just to make sure Rolling Eyes

Laughing
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Sun, 02 January 2005 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even if I can't scam two days camping, I should still be coming down for the Friday. Hope to catch up with you guys then.. Very Happy
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Thu, 06 January 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See everyone at 7:30pm Friday night!!

Be sensible, there are a lot of police and vehicle inspectors around.

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Fri, 07 January 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, it was great to meet/catch up with everyone last night. Thank you all HEAPS for taking us out to see a bit of the town. Cruising through Braddon (I think?) was great and it was unreal to see so many people come out for it at short notice.

I'm definitely looking forward to another meetup with you all some time.

Special thanks to Shane (ke382TG) for going out of his way to help myself and Steve (wagonist) out with getting to the show on Thursday. It really was very much appreciated. Hope you're kicking some arse in the rest of the driving events down there. Very Happy
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Tue, 11 January 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Paul

Great to catch up with the TOYMODS guys on Friday night. Pity the cold weather didn't do us justice. (good for the turbo eh Yogi)

Shane is a top guy and really shows how cool Canberra lads are. Thought you may be interested to know that Shane's brother Garreth won the Summernats driving events comp in his Corolla van, with the help of Shane. Now that is a real feat!!!! So if anyone needs some automotive assistance then they should contact Shane and Garreth Paton of 'Paton Performance'...they sure have got the runs on the board eh!

Catch you guys at the next hit-out.
Cheers
Mitch

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Summernats!!! Wed, 12 January 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with Lucid, it was awemsome to turn up for the cruise to see all the Toyotas there.
Some of you are pretty serious about driving, watching the driving antics onto the main ave was interesting from the back. I'm lucky I don't live there, I would've lost my licence numerous times with the roundabouts, wide roads, & nice sweeping bends (that 270 degree on ramp from State circle onto Commonwealth Ave(?) is wicked, bit bumpy though Evil or Very Mad ).

Trip through Braddon was cool. Pity we all got broken up, but I've got to give a thumbs up to the local police though. They could've quite easily just blocked off the exits completely & started defecting people. But to their credit, they just saw people behaving sensibly & simply cruising. Just simply too many cars.

Anyway, I'm definitely going to be back next year.
Now I just need to figure out a car to enter, how much to spend it,...

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 22:19]

ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Summernats!!! Thu, 13 January 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shame about the coppers closing braddon off completely though Confused
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Summernats!!! Thu, 20 January 2005 07:03 Go to previous message
A bit of a late post, but the cruise was fun (while it lasted). I still can't believe Yogi drove his car in that condition... Very Happy

Pity I wasn't in a Toyota! And I arrived really late and didn't get to talk to too many people before we started moving off. Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CCG Golf Day
Next Topic:CCG Trip to TOYMODS Dynoday (Sydney) - 16 January 2005
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:52:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011579990386963 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.