Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
73ke25
Regular

October 2003
1ggte service and 89gz20 pads Wed, 17 November 2004 08:29 Go to next message
Hey guys just wondering what oil filter , oil and spark plugs are the ideal ones to use for an 89 model 1ggte. Also is the filter hard to access ? Im in need of pads all round for it too , does anyone know any part numbers of any good brands for the pads on these aswell ?

Thanks anyone !

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2004 10:21]

Send a private message to this user    
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1ggte (89 gz20) service Wed, 17 November 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oil Filter - Z418
Plugs - BCPR6EP-11 but I am using BCPR6ES-11 cos I don't want to fork out for Platnum
Oil - Take your pick. Ask 10 people and you will get 10 different oils. just make sure it stays clean ie change it every 5-10 thousand K's
Pads - Whatever fits your car. I am using Ferodo metals and am happy with them. The stop fine for everyday use and lasted longer than the engine did on a racetrack.

Oil filter is on the side of the block and on my car directly above the crossmember. Not especially hard to change but you will get oil everywhere, so keep a rag handy.

Have Fun

Anthony
73ke25
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte (89 gz20) service Wed, 17 November 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks alot gold !

Does anyone know the pads for the 89 gz20 soarer ?

Cheers.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1ggte service and 89gz20 pads Wed, 17 November 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any auto place will
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggte service and 89gz20 pads Wed, 17 November 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no pads are a fucking pita to find for the soarer i just did my whole brakes setup reconditioned calipers, new pads / machining and all cost me like farking 700 dollars

ma70 supra brakes pads are the ones they used on my car cause nothing else matched

we checkedthrough for a soarer and found nothing , then i told them to match the supra pads with the ones they removed of mine and they were a perfect fit , both front and back

i did it in brakes plus they used some kinda brake pads i never heard ogf but they cost like 130 or so , so medium range ones they work alright though

oil filter is z418 or smething likewise

use some good oil im using 20w oil penrite and the cars runing well on it

spark plugs ive used the platinum onesi think they wrere like 22 dollars each

also make sure u service the transmssion as well change the oil and filter maybe

and make sure u have red toyota coolant in it otherwise u water pump will be going soon (toyota people told me that)

cheers

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2004 22:22]

73ke25
Regular

October 2003
Re: 1ggte service and 89gz20 pads Thu, 18 November 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah im puting the toyota coolant in this weekend with the service. Yeah im getting all 4 rotors machined tomorrow ($65 Very Happy ) and im gonna try and match up the pads. Ill put a post in here with the part numbers for the pads incase anyone is interested.

Thanks alot for the info guys.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggte service and 89gz20 pads Tue, 15 February 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DO NOT get platinum plugs..

I found they fouled quite easily.

put in coppers.. 22$ for the set instead of $20 each.
and they have been fine for 15,000km

it's not like they are hard to change anyway
snail
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1ggte service and 89gz20 pads Tue, 15 February 2005 11:18 Go to previous message
DB431 and DB413 for pads
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:help, car is being silly
Next Topic:4 AGE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 20:14:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061659812927246 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.