Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Fri, 19 November 2004 02:37 Go to next message
Guys

Just getting some expression of interest, and a hands up of who has Mk2 Supra/Celica XX's here.

I'm thinking a nice quick run through some of the funner roads in the hills, followed by a nice quiet showpony cruise down the coast.

Imagine 10 of these cars in a row cruising past scabs, then cott, leftbank, and ending up in freo.

Won't be till probably late jan/early feb to let some of you guys get yours cars on the road.

Give us a show of hands who is interested, and if/when your car will be on the road.

I know there are a few off the road at the moment, and a few to come off the road in the future, so I think late jan is a good time.
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Fri, 19 November 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hoooolllllllleeeerrr! I be in.
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Fri, 19 November 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Count me in.
Brendan
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Fri, 19 November 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 10:37

......and a few to come off the road in the future, so I think late jan is a good time.

Unfortunately by that time I'll be one of these... Crying or Very Sad
82MKII
Regular

July 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Sun, 21 November 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep - count me in for that one.
Maybe I'll bring the 1JZ along in a trailer!

Regards

Peter
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Sun, 21 November 2004 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or maybe you'll finish that carport and drive the 1JZ powered MA61 Very Happy
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Mon, 22 November 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter,
Are you still building that car port ???!!!
I owe you a day's labour (at least!) for wiring up my car, so you had better get me over there to cart bricks or swap engines in and out mate !
Cheers,
Mitch.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Mon, 22 November 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can come and move my orange tree too!
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Mon, 22 November 2004 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

So, we have a Toymods Busy-Bee to get Peter's carport up and in the interests of seeing that damn engine inside his car Smile
I'm in.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Mon, 22 November 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can move it with those famous Australians....Los triosringbarkus.......or a flamethrower, and maybe its time for a CLG barbie and a few blokes around beforehand....
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Mon, 22 November 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celia-Sue wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 11:03

So, we have a Toymods Busy-Bee to get Peter's carport up and in the interests of seeing that damn engine inside his car Smile
I'm in.

I've offered him my garage to put it in
So if you want it in ASAP, bug him to use my garage.

If not, a busybee it is, providing a bbq is provided Cool
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Mon, 22 November 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Busy bee, bbq, beers, bloody engine swap, we can do it all as long as it starts with a 'B'.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Mon, 22 November 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 11:09

Busy bee, bbq, beers, bloody engine swap, we can do it all as long as it starts with a 'B'.

Broads?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Mon, 22 November 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyway, WTF has this got to do with my thread.

Fuck off the lot of ya!!!
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Mon, 22 November 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vote 1 CrUZsida for WA Net Nazi moderator !

Seriously, back on topic, I like the idea of a Mk2 Cruise, would it be a problem if a good clean RA23 tagged along - a long way behind if you like ?
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Mon, 22 November 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peewee.. hopefully my Mk2 will then be 7MGTE powaah Wink

So yeah - i'll definately be in for that. mmmm a group of clean mk2 Supra's showing off down the coast - could there be a better cruise??! Very Happy

Damo
TRD 83
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Mon, 22 November 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 13:30

So yeah - i'll definately be in for that. mmmm a group of clean mk2 Supra's showing off down the coast - could there be a better cruise??! Very Happy

Hell yeah, the blat through the hills beforehand. Very Happy
SleekHer
Regular

March 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Tue, 23 November 2004 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If my 1J half cut and the Mk 2 wanna become close friends before then.... add Matty and I to tha list.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 November 2004 00:22]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Tue, 23 November 2004 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SleekHer wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 08:17

If my 1J half cut and the Mk 2 wanna become close friends before then.... i'm in.

It can be arranged (the marriage that is)
SleekHer
Regular

March 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Tue, 23 November 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha the wedding is already organised Very Happy , but unfortunatly all spare time is being devoted to tha Celica for Motorvation preparation.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Tue, 23 November 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At this time hopefully most peoples cars will be done by a Feb deadline.. think you can aim for that?? Smile
that should also give peewee plenty of time to organise said cruise.

BTW - peewee.. does that mean you'll have the new power plant in your XX body by then?? Thats a pretty good effort!! Smile

Damo
TRD 83
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Tue, 23 November 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 12:57

BTW - peewee.. does that mean you'll have the new power plant in your XX body by then?? Thats a pretty good effort!! Smile

Thats the plan, pending costs. (That other money from you will come in REAL handy, haha)

If not, I'll tow it with the Cressida
Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Tue, 23 November 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If my 1J half cut and the Mk 2 wanna become close friends before then.... add Matty and I to tha list.

yeah peewee can u make the cruize mid to late feb? pwease pwetty pwease. Me and loz needa get those 2 used to each other and it may take time.

Cheers
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Tue, 23 November 2004 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wildsupra wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 19:10

yeah peewee can u make the cruize mid to late feb? pwease pwetty pwease. Me and loz needa get those 2 used to each other and it may take time.

We shall see.
I'm just going for number at the moment
If we have to hold out for a week or two to get a few more xA61's, then we will.
82MKII
Regular

July 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Mon, 29 November 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aw geez - will there be anyone on this cruise that *hasn't* had an engine swap?
I've got a serious case of conversion envy.

Peter
(hugs 1J exhaust manifold)
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Mon, 29 November 2004 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
82MKII wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 21:15

Aw geez - will there be anyone on this cruise that *hasn't* had an engine swap?
I've got a serious case of conversion envy.

Peter
(hugs 1J exhaust manifold)

I thought we were having a BBQ to do your car? Smile Something about you supplying food and beer, and we put the engine in and get it started Laughing
Maniac
Regular

September 2004
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Wed, 29 December 2004 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey All, Supra Cruze.........OH YEAH....COUNT ME IN....my crud bucket has juz recievced a cash injection of $1200 for Shox & 2.5" Exhaust....would love 2 bring the ole MA61 out with u boys...wot a photo op!!!

Lemme know where & when........

wyldie
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Thu, 30 December 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there as long as lozz reminds me when to be there Razz
Maniac
Regular

September 2004
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Wed, 02 February 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Newsflash: Some stupid ho in a green excel decided to try and park on my bonnet yesterday so i'll be there with some fresh paint when QBE gets its shit together. Looking forward to seeing a sea of MKII's.

DATE????
TIME????

Don't worry too much pete my engine is factory standard Sad

Regards,
Dean
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Wed, 02 February 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bastard!!

Ummm, probably looking at Mid March now.

We've got 3-4 xA61's that need to be converted/licensed before I am going to allow this run to occur.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Wed, 02 February 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe Smile

Mine would be one of those, as an aside, Maniac, was your car parked in Malaga last week at all? Can't imagine there would be too many of them Smile
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Wed, 02 February 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dean - bad news man.. hope your car is back on the road again soon...

I also agree with Peewee tho.. we really want a mass of Mk2 Supra's on the cruise - so if it means postponing till most are on the road - then so be it.. Smile

Damo
TRD 83
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Wed, 02 February 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, and a certain GA61 must be 7MGTE powered by then Wink
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Wed, 02 February 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, I know we are all waiting for that one! Including me obviously!! Razz
Does someone wanna take over paying my bills while I focus on my engine conversion??! Sad
*sigh*

Damo
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Wed, 02 February 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Priorities Damo!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Thu, 03 February 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Says he with "Project Decade" Laughing Laughing Laughing
SleekHer
Regular

March 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Thu, 03 February 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
based on the last week or so the 61 project has bin put on hold for now.

Posponing sounds good.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Thu, 03 February 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 12:01

Says he with "Project Decade" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Haha, Project Decade drives thank you very much Razz Now it just needs to go back to the spray painters to be finished off then put back together. BTW, hows the unicorn?
Maniac
Regular

September 2004
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Mon, 07 February 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My 61 is still on the road but she's hardly showroom condition....as for waiting for more 61s for the cruise I been waiting for nearly 2yrs for chris (stark) to get his 1jz conversion done Sad But he's juz picked up another 61 (white 5M-GE auto) So he'll probably bring that.

Let's all have a BBQ outside bunnings to raise the $$$ for project decade!!!!

Got a quote for the damage.....$500 for the front quarter panel and indicator!!

I should be a panel beater....thank god the skank was insured!

[Updated on: Tue, 08 February 2005 00:05]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Tue, 08 February 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 02 February 2005 17:21

Mine would be one of those, as an aside, Maniac, was your car parked in Malaga last week at all? Can't imagine there would be too many of them Smile

Was this you Maniac?

As for $ for Project Decade, I'm organising that right now.
Maniac
Regular

September 2004
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Tue, 08 February 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
possibly....was working there a couple weeks ago in an electrical warehouse....but no longer...juz started a traineeship @ west coast suspension....and before anyone asks...we only do truck & 4wd suspension (SPEW!!!!)

Coulda been the mrs...she's been driving the old girl since we sold her st141...looking around for another MA61/RA60 for her to drive...anyone hears of 1 4 sale in Perth...email me @ maniac666666@hotmail.com....cheers boys.

Deano
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Thu, 10 February 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 08:38

As for $ for Project Decade, I'm organising that right now.

Yeah - I'll take some of that $$ as well!! Cheers Nath! Very Happy

Damo
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Thu, 10 February 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, I had to beg for this as it is, get your own Laughing Monday it goes back to the spray painters to be finished. No leaks anymore Very Happy
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Fri, 11 February 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Heya,

Anyone here know a mid-aged guy, receeding hair, SuperRed Oz. delivered MA61 who was driving down William St. yesterday around 4:30pm?

I was driving behind him, trying to take a photo with the camera-phone - think I scared the crap outa him. Razz

Anyway, it gots me a-thinking .... how about we set a date for this Mk2 cruise thing (doesn't matter when), so we can make up some flyers to pass out to Unidentified Flying Supras, eh?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Fri, 11 February 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did it look lowered, fairly clean, but with either reddirt stocko mags, or gold painted mags, and pretty avg tint?

If so, I think it lives in Balcatta way.
I've seen it there twice.

No setting of date yet.
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Fri, 11 February 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Don't think it was lowered. Looked to be in clean, stock condition. Had nice white decals on back hatch.

There's also a colour-coded white 61 I see quite often at BP North Perth. Owner with attitude.

We could always do a 'workshop cruise' like the hotrodders (ie, two or three road-going cars drive around to visit all the non-running projects, and clap themselves out in the process Rolling Eyes ).
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Fri, 11 February 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celia-Sue wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 11:57

We could always do a 'workshop cruise' like the hotrodders (ie, two or three road-going cars drive around to visit all the non-running projects, and clap themselves out in the process Rolling Eyes ).

I think once my Project Decade comes back from the spray painters, I put it together, and then we go on a cruise finishing at Peters house and then we put the 1JZ in his car Laughing
82MKII
Regular

July 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Fri, 11 February 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You might have to be quick!
Thanks to a redundancy at work I might be able to have a few months off (subject to approval from she who must be obeyed).
If I can get it sorted, work on getting it ready for the swap will start really soon.
How's that space in the workshop coming along Very Happy

Regards

Peter
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Fri, 11 February 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha, I love it, you have no job, so fuck it, lets do an engine conversion thats gonna cost thousands.

Hahaha, w00t.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Fri, 11 February 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 19:11

Hahaha, I love it, you have no job, so fuck it, lets do an engine conversion thats gonna cost thousands.

He's already outlayed the uber amounts! You obviously haven't seen the complete bolt-in 1JZ conversion he has at his house Smile

As for your question Peter, the car is going to spray painters, then being put back together. I'm sure we can accomodate something. If I know I have to get out, once the car is back in my hands I can get stuck into putting it back together (not that the movitation of driving it won't be a good enough motivation Smile )
Maniac
Regular

September 2004
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Sat, 12 February 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the immortal words of Martin Luther-King..........I I I HAVE A DREAM!!!!!!!!!

http://maniac666.homeip.net/pics/beautifulsight.jp g

[Updated on: Sat, 12 February 2005 12:12]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Sat, 12 February 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh, the US Vegas meet.
Maniac
Regular

September 2004
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Fri, 25 February 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stark is picking up yet another MK2 on the w/e... so count 1 more mk2! WOO HOO!!!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Fri, 25 February 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, Stark just bought Kevz0r's Supra.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=usrinfo&a mp;id=160&rid=4164&S=0ef1ac68636c376d4230d 123c5d86d80

Meanwhile, mine has about 10 days to live, before its good bye forever.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Wed, 06 April 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This post has sat dormant enough ... time to take some action! Smile
Since me and Peewee will be taking 2 MkII's off the road in the near future, I'm going to propose the cruise sooner rather than later..

The date now being Sunday 17th April 2005
Tell your friends with mk2's wake up people on this forum etc etc.. let them know the cruise is coming!
Time and meeting point soon! (I'll most likely just use one of the old OST maps)

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Wed, 06 April 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Umm, how about no.

I was actually letting this sit dormant till next year.

12 days is no where near long enough to organise a single model dedicated cruise.

Mine will be off the road by then, Nathans won't be ready, Petes will still be packing 5mge power, and yours will still be 1gge, and Matty's wont be ready.
Which negates the whole point of this cruise.

Cancel it Damo.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 April 2005 04:57]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Wed, 06 April 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lets make it a spring event. Peter WILL have a 1JZ, you WILL have a 7M and Project XX shall be on the road, haha, and for once I mean it Smile
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Wed, 06 April 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeh, and I will be wrapped around a lightpole by then. Razz

Oh, OK, I s'pose I should get the TTrack in before the wet weather .... Rolling Eyes
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Wed, 06 April 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, you didn't get a mention because you've already got one, not that I've been for a drive in it yet....WELL?
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Mk2 Supra/Celica XX Cruise Wed, 06 April 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ok - majority rules ..
I'll see who else is interested.

I was thinking more of a Before/After cruise.
ie. have one now - and in 12 months time, have another one.
Who said there only had to be 1 cruise ever. ??

Sure some are still work in progress at the moment, mine included, but we can see how much change can happen in a year. Smile

I'll wait for some responses from others.

Damo
TRD 83
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hatch Pack cruise FRI 15 APR.
Next Topic:motoquipe
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:20:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084700584411621 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.