Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 260 In-Process photos) 4AGE 80% done!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 214 In-Process photos) Mon, 29 August 2005 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think u can do a ae71 4ac to 4age with little problems eh?

and y r u awake this early
Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 214 In-Process photos) Mon, 29 August 2005 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol goin to Melbourne in 20 mins to go shopping, as much as I fear to say it, a city boy will always be a city boy (And I miss K-Mart and Target) ahahah.

Kev.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 214 In-Process photos) Mon, 29 August 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol melbourne for u is like ringwood Confused
btw dem jdm ecus use 98RON!!!! fuel = $1.30pl ARGH

run ur 4kc on gas
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 214 In-Process photos) Sat, 03 September 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why a T40 not a 50? im guessing $$$
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 214 In-Process photos) Tue, 06 September 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep got the T40 for free, and who needs overdrive anyway! Smile

Answer to you Leo, I'm using an ADM 88kW ecu, hence no 98RON for this thing Evil or Very Mad

Edit: Another thing, the 4k thrashing never happened. I did take it for a few little mountain cruises around my area over-revving it in every gear, but I just couldn't bring myself to kill it, it's just served me so well Sad

And yeah Leo, I rang vicroads, an engine conversion needs to be engineered if:

The engine capacity is different (ie. 1.3L to 1.6L)

The maximum power output is in excess of 10% more (55kW to 88kW)

Kev.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 14:05]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 214 In-Process photos) Wed, 07 September 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice lil car man.
Good build up pics too mate
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 214 In-Process photos) Wed, 07 September 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4kc has 55kw? Laughing
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 214 In-Process photos) Wed, 07 September 2005 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol 4ac has 55kW at the flywheel
4kc has 47kW at the flywheel
And sell me your fkn loom Mad

Thanks Evan Wink

Kev
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 174 In-Process photos) (Video is uploaded) Sun, 11 September 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Updated, Section 13 added.

Kev.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 174 In-Process photos) (Video is uploaded) Mon, 26 September 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Updated, Section 14 added. Almost done!!

Once the 4AGE is done I'm getting a friend to come down with a video camera. There are alot of fun empty roads in this area Rolling Eyes

Kev.
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 260 In-Process photos) 4AGE 80% done! Mon, 26 September 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking fanbloodytastic mate!

Jolly good work i say

Cheers
Shtock
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 260 In-Process photos) 4AGE 80% done! Tue, 27 September 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahah thanks Paul Wink
MaCCa
Regular

October 2003
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 260 In-Process photos) 4AGE 80% done! Wed, 28 September 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want to see ur video !!!!
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 260 In-Process photos) 4AGE 80% done! Thu, 29 September 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm'd Very Happy
agp2002
Regular

May 2005
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 260 In-Process photos) 4AGE 80% done! Thu, 29 September 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah where is this video hosted??
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 260 In-Process photos) 4AGE 80% done! Thu, 29 September 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm'd Very Happy

Lol sorry I'd just put a link up and make it available to all, but I have bandwidth concerns, so just PM me if you want to see it.

Cheers,
Kev.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 260 In-Process photos) 4AGE 80% done! Fri, 30 September 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love watching this buildup. Your cars sweet as and it looks like you've put a crapload of effort in
/end buttkissing

gime the vid Evil or Very Mad
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 260 In-Process photos) 4AGE 80% done! Wed, 19 October 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good luck with the buildup Kev, your doing good. I just want to see this car up and running again so we can terrorise the neighbourhood together once again!

Hmm maybe a video with both of you in your ke70 and me in my 86 together......
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 260 In-Process photos) 4AGE 80% done! Wed, 19 October 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heheh sam, what say we have a pre-meet before the big night cruise, just to get a bit of just us drifting on camera Wink

Anyway, status, the 4AGE is currently running but has a bunch of problems... The timing is out even though it's not (funking confusing shit), idle is erratic and high, and the thermostat isnt opening, so the water in the engine is just heating up really fast and not being able to run through the radiator...

I'll have all these problems fixed very soon.. Need to find myself a day off, which is getting harder and harder these days (I'm co-manager of a caravan park...). Will most definately have the car running by November 17th, my 18th birthday and also the day I'm taking my P's driving test Smile.

Kev.
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 260 In-Process photos) 4AGE 80% done! Wed, 19 October 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I sure hope I dont have too many complications before then so I can be there. Theres no way I am going to take my ae-82 with a stuffed clutch. If it all works out I will take my diff out to brace it, modify one of the lower brackets and install my TRD 2 way, then I will be all set. My revs will temporarily limited to 6500 though and with a lack of power but hey if I can do stuff in my single cam then anythings possible.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 260 In-Process photos) 4AGE 80% done! Wed, 19 October 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey frosty, hows the build coming?

just wanted to mention that you might want to knock something up to ge the air from your blower to the heater box, so you can defrost your windscreen and stuff like that. (and have a legal car)

the ECU can sit in the glovebox, or in the passenger footwell, so people can kick it and say "whats that thing" should be able to fit it between the blower and the panel if that doesn't appeal.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 260 In-Process photos) 4AGE 80% done! Wed, 19 October 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sam: true that Wink

sbs: Hmmm yeah probably a good idea... so just throw the aircon condenser back in and chop the pipes coming out of it? (that go through the firewall)

Kev.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 13:17]

Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 260 In-Process photos) 4AGE 80% done! Wed, 19 October 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could do what i did Kev, I just took the air con core out of the plastic box and then put a small metal plate where the lines came in/out. Then after that I just put it back in. Also theres just enough room in the kick pannel for an ECU
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Phrostbyte's KE70 (Last count, 260 In-Process photos) 4AGE 80% done! Thu, 20 October 2005 00:40 Go to previous message
I just wish I thought of doing that before I put my dash back together... I'd have to pull my entire dash apart again to put all the upward vents in...

I'll see what happens I guess..

Kev.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CLG's 1994 ST205 Celica GT4 Group A Rallye (56K - it's worth it!)
Next Topic:AERO97'S JZA80 Supra
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 07:20:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063028335571289 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.