Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » dizzy on 4AGC???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
whatcrazyguy
Occasional Poster

November 2003
dizzy on 4AGC??? Tue, 23 November 2004 12:07 Go to next message
i'm in the process of doing a rebuild on a 86kw 4AG, and when i install it in my 86, i'm going to drop some sidedraft webers on it (all the hot race engines run carbs!!).
i know people have done carby conversions like this before, so does anyone know of a mechanical distributor that will bolt into the 4AG for use with carbies? or will this definately be a custom job?

[Updated on: Tue, 23 November 2004 12:08]

Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: dizzy on 4AGC??? Tue, 23 November 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whatcrazyguy wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 23:07

i'm in the process of doing a rebuild on a 86kw 4AG, and when i install it in my 86, i'm going to drop some sidedraft webers on it (all the hot race engines run carbs!!).

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
sorry, but thats the funniest thing i've heard all week Very Happy

how many top level race cars use carbs when they are not restricted to them (ie nascar)???
Cya, Stewart
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: dizzy on 4AGC??? Tue, 23 November 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you MUST insist on using carbs (lord knows why!!..), then you're better off using something mappable for the ignition. However, and only if you inisist, you can quite readily get a dizzy custom made to bolt straight in there. Why the hell would you want to though?
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: dizzy on 4AGC??? Tue, 23 November 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coz if racers do it then it must make you a racer
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: dizzy on 4AGC??? Tue, 23 November 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"i am testament to the ability of the 4AC. it can definatly drift, from entry - to exit. and in the dry too"
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: dizzy on 4AGC??? Tue, 23 November 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha i saw that and even clicked reply.. but my conscience got the better of me
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: dizzy on 4AGC??? Wed, 24 November 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are a few ignition modules that are on ebay for sale to suit 4a/3s carby motors

I have NFI if they are mapable, from what i can see they have fixed map and everything, pop up on ebay from time to time

Otherwise you could get a megasquirt and run it soley for spark control, thatway, you can ass the carbies for quads and have it control the fuel as well Laughing
irishtwincam
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: dizzy on 4AGC??? Wed, 24 November 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.vhtracing.com/pasin_stara/DSC01938.jpg

Note the custom TPS mount bracket on the above webers.
Tap the 4 inlet runners and voila, vacuum advance your stock ae86 ecu can understand.

Were gonna be trying this setup very soon, will keep ye posted!

Wink
whatcrazyguy
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: dizzy on 4AGC??? Thu, 25 November 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the help guys.
except those dickheads who posted first Laughing
have you guys ever seen a formula atlantic 4AG before? they don't run quad throttles, they run carbies. if you don't believe me, go look at the "levin and trueno bible" for one. the 20 valve group A race engine has done away with the fuel injection and gone for the carbs.
i'm doing this on a budget, and i think it's an interesting conversion. whether you guys agree is beyond the point, you don't need to bag me for it.

besides, i can and do drift. if you don't believe me, come to oran park tomorrow night where they have the off street drift meets. then you'll think differently.
don't take it out on me if you can't drive for shit.

Very Happy
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: dizzy on 4AGC??? Thu, 25 November 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think youll find that they run quad throttles. Just like the TODA racing engines, oh and the JGTC racing engines, oh wait and most of the other racing engines. Just like mine Very Happy
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: dizzy on 4AGC??? Thu, 25 November 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got nothing against people who use carbs for the challenge, but if you're not either limited to them, or like the challenge, EFI is both simpler and more effective.

Also, the formula atlantic 4AGs use serious head and cams, very expensive innards, intake and exhaust pipes you'd give your own mother for, and EFI Evil or Very Mad Got a pic of one with carbs? I'd be interested to see it...
whatcrazyguy
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: dizzy on 4AGC??? Thu, 25 November 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin, i'll pm you the pics, as i don't know how to post photos... Confused
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: dizzy on 4AGC??? Thu, 25 November 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.mr2supercharger.com/AtlanticEngine1998. html
stark
Regular

August 2004
Re: dizzy on 4AGC??? Thu, 25 November 2004 13:41 Go to previous message
Nope sorry the formula atlantics to my research NEVER came with carbs... as the photos from the previously mentioned link shows

http://www.mr2supercharger.com/AtlanticEngine1998. html

They run off individual throttle bodies with EFI....

A carbed 1.6 litre making 156BHP per litre??? i think not...

On a more helpful note you could run a Ford EDIS ignition system and use a MegaJoltLT to give you fully programmable distributerless ignition in wasted spark mode (Just like the formula atlantic motors)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:[AE86] Fuel Pump mounting
Next Topic:ae86 brake idea's and fuel pump mounting
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:34:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066690444946289 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.