Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

1jz engine mounts Sun, 13 October 2002 14:02 Go to next message
ok, i know the 1jz engine mounts are usually rubber donuts... the ones I got made up are angled metal.
anyone know waht effect this will have? I dont want to have my lovely new engine installed, only to snap a bolt on the engine mount, or have the engine rattling around

as an aside, anyone know waht the stock 1jz flywheel weighs? (jza70 supra if it matter)
  Send a private message to this user    
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 1jz engine mounts Mon, 14 October 2002 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youll probably snap a bolt or the thing will vibrate like a sex toy .Looking at the factory mounts you will need a fairly substantial rubber mount .

im not sure what the factory flywheel weighs but dont consider lightening it .these things rev to 7000 rpm freely and rely on flywheel inertia to reduce lag
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz engine mounts Mon, 14 October 2002 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're shitting me. what have you done to get the 1jz mounted in your ra23?

maybe I could adapt the rubber lancruiser mounts, like norbie...

I assume if I was going to snap a bolt, it'd be the single large bolt going through the crossmember, not the 4 bolts on each side that go into the 1jz. perhaps I could strngthen the mounting to the crossmember... or is it worth the extra hassle to simply put in the rubber mounts?
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 1jz engine mounts Mon, 14 October 2002 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i simply cut off completley the stock mount braket and had welded a large 3mm flat plate with a support bracket .Drilled the plate and mounted the original 1j Engine mounts .

I'll post a pic in a few days to my website and on here

Dont even consider solid mounting its NEVER going to work and wont be legal anyway
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz engine mounts Mon, 14 October 2002 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i kinda figured that, but it was worth a shot Smile

what's the easiest way to do that? if you could send me an e-mail it would be *much* appreciated (draven@bigpond.net.au)

ideally I'd love to have a lower end to drop down with the mounts attached and mark out where it's goota be.. but I dont have a spare bottom end lying around
Manny
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz engine mounts Mon, 14 October 2002 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
e-mail me if you're serious, I've a spare bottom end I can loan you and I'm in Sydney.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz engine mounts Mon, 14 October 2002 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or speak to Dabbid. He has kits for sale to bolt to the original mounts in an MA61 for sale. It looked pretty neat.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz engine mounts Mon, 14 October 2002 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's who I have the current mounts off GT ... they'll bolt straight up with the engine.
unfortunately, that leaves no room for the rubber mounts, and it also leaves in the weakness of the single bolt each side which hold the 5m in place.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz engine mounts Mon, 14 October 2002 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draven, ask David, but it looked like they bolted to the 5M rubber mounts rather than the huge silicone filled mounts that come with the JZ series engines. Whilst they are nice for NHV reduction, they're not entirely necessary and the 5M ones will be fine.
I used the Corona Mk2 ones for my 2JZ conversion.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz engine mounts Mon, 14 October 2002 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm fairly sure they do GT, but I'm still worried about the 1 bolt holding 1 end in place. I'm positive the 1jz comes with 4 bolts each side for a reason
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz engine mounts Tue, 15 October 2002 00:04 Go to previous message
Where is the one bolt?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1uzfe
Next Topic:Names of import Engine suppliers
Goto Forum: