Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Tue, 07 December 2004 10:12 Go to next message
If this is already posted somewhere else, too bad.

More and updated details can be found here:
http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?show topic=47672

DATE:
Sunday December 12th 2004

Broadwater Car Park - BWCP - Gold Coast Highway 500m south of Corner Smith St on the left.

IN AID OF:
Gold Coast Hospital Childrens Ward

DONATION:
$10 (suggested donation including xmas cruise sticker and competition entry, all proceeds giong to charity.)

Meeting points for cruise down to BWCP:

Northside Cruise Leader:
McLEOD & AVALONEA (Josh)
Aspley Hypermarket Corner Albany Creek Rd and Gayford St (leads from Maundrell Tce) - in the corner section of the carpark closest to McDonalds and Coffee Club up next to Gayford St - most easily identified car is Avalonea's white SIL80 with black bonnet http://avalonea.boostcruising.com meeting time will be 9:00am for a 10am departure

Ipswich/Western areas cruise leader:
Mrs_GSR (LJ)
Meeting spot 1 8.30am is the bp/ flames on the warrego highway just past the fernvale turn off this is the servo with flames seperate. please park next to the diner in the car park !! Meeting spot 2 8.45am will be Shell Servo at Redbank/Goodna. If you are meeting here please make sure customers have full access to the bowsers and stores. Meeting time will be from 9:30am for a 9.45am leave at the latest. If you are meeting with the ipswich group please see this thread http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?show topic=51788

Sothside Cruise Leader:
SILVIA EXTREME (Pat)
Map Reference:

http://image-cache.boostcruising.com/database/memb ers/files/trd_rolla20041204025244pslfile1.gif

Southside 9.30am meeting spot will be Sunnybank Rugby Union and Associated Sports fields on the corner of Padstow Rd and Granadilla St. If there is not enough room here there is a netball park next door with more parking. http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?act= ST&f=2&t=52045 for more information.

Gold Coast Cruise Leader:
BOOSTEDS15 (Chris)
Meeting Time: 10AM
Leaving time: 1030am SHARP.
Arrival at BWCP Estimate : 1050am.
Meeting Spot : Coomera Train Station on FOXWELL ROAD. at COOMERA.
If heading NORTHBOUND on the M1, take the BP COOMERA EXIT, then go OVER the highway and take the FOXWELL ROAD exit at the roundabout. The train station is on the left hand side a few hundred meters up the road.
If heading SOUTHBOUND on the M1, take the DREAMWORLD EXIT, then turn LEFT at the roundabout onto FOXWELL ROAD. The train station is on the left hand side, a few hundred meters up the road.
From there, we will exit BACK onto the M1, and head SOUTHBOUND, take the SMITH STREET exit and Follow to the GOLD COAST HWAY and turn RIGHT onto the G/C H/Way and follow till BWCP.

At these meeting points specially made stickers will be give upon the handing of car owners donations, and special tickets to passengers. Car owners will then be required to give their details to the people handing out the stickers. The details will be kept for the day and a number will then be writen on the sticker AND THE STICKER MUST BE DISPLAYED ON THE FRONT WINDSCREEN OF THE CAR

REMEMBER THIS IS A CHARITY CRUISE SO WE ARE RELYING ON YOUR HONESTY TO PAY FOR YOUR TICKETS.

We will then cruise to the BWCP. All cars are then to put their cars on display. A BBQ will be put on so Lunch will be available, and judging of the cars for trophies in various categories will be done by children from the hospital and presented approximately 2PM.

Further information Below:

*****MAJOR SUPPORTER FOR THE BBQ IS BRITT'S MEATS AT TWEED HEADS ***********

At approximately 11:30am we will arrive at the BWCP. An organisation will then put on a BBQ lunch for us, and for a few dollars we will be able to purchase a sausage sandwhich and drink etc etc. Monies raised from the BBQ will also go to the Gold Coast Hospital Childrens ward. During the lunch break there will be children bought from the hospital along with their parents and hospital staff, to look at our cars to hopefully put a smile on their faces.

At 2pm a presentation will be made to certain cars that have been judged during the lunch break by sick children, their parents and staff of the Gold Coast Hospital and are deemed worthy of awards. Those winners will receive trophies

Categories for the trophies are the following:-

Four Cylinder naturally (Sponsored by the Lincom Group, Brisbane)

Four Cylinder Turbo/Super (Sponsored by W.A.S.P. Performance GC)

Six Naturally (Sponsored by W.A.S.P. Performance GC)

six turbo/super (Sponsored by Mrs Beckham)

Peoples Choice (Sponsored by W.A.S.P. Performance GC)
**TROPHIES TO BE PRESENTED BY RON CLARKE GCCC MAYOR**

Club Display (Sponsored by the Lincom Group, Brisbane)

Best Car Forum Display (Sponsored by Balco)

Rotaries (Sponsored by Pat's car care and repairs Redcliffe)

V8's naturally (Sponsored by Cutting Edge Automotive Burleigh)

V8 Turbo / Super (Sponsored by ACE Fastners Currumbin)

Kids choice (Sponsored by Mrs_GSR)

Best Paint job (Sponsored by Dulvari Prestige Detailing, GC)

Most Unreal Graphics (Sponsored by Wild Rose Information Services P/L, Coolingwood Park)

Best Engine Bay (Sponosred by W.A.S.P. Performance GC)

Stereo (Sponsored by W.A.S.P. Performance GC)
Best Setup

Best interior (Sponsored by Extreme Trimming)

Hottest Holden (Sponsored by Mrs Beckham)

Fattest Ford (sponsored by Brennan Business Solutions)

Best Hotrod (Sponsored By Balco)

Best Mini truck (Sponsored by Pat's car care and repairs Redcliffe)

Best 4wd (sponsored by toll qld ) pending

Best Motorbike ( sponsored by Sir Boost)

After the trophy presentation the cruise will conclude, HOWEVER I would hope we could all cruise safely to the Spit or Esplanade or even stay in the BWCP.

After many long and hard choices I decided the Gold Coast Hospital Childrens Ward to be the beneficiary for the following reason:

1.) We all love to cruise the Gold Coast, in particular the BWCP and Esplanade so I thought it was a great oportunity to give something back to the Gold Coast
2.) The Brisbane's Children Hospital gets heaps of fund raising activities, and very little is done for the GCH.
3.) I thought this might have also been a chance to show both the media and businesses on the GC we have hearts and this is the type of things we love to be involved with and give back to the community.

If I could have, I would have loved to help every single charity out there but it was just impossible so I had to make a very hard choice and based on the above I thought this was the right charity for us to dedicate the cruise to.

I would like to say a special thanks to Mrs GSR for her help as it has been tremendiously appreciated and also a very special thanks to Mcleod for allowing this to be an offical BC event. If this event goes well it will become an annual event.

THIS CRUISE IS OPEN TO EVERYONE, NOT JUST BC SO PLEASE THE MORE THE BETTER AS EVERY CENT RAISED IS HELPING THOSE THAT NEED IT THE MOST AND IT WOULD BE GREAT TO OVER FILL THE BWCP.
  Send a private message to this user    
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Wed, 08 December 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone from here going?

esspecially north siders?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Wed, 08 December 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am.
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Wed, 08 December 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm thinking about it... depends on how much a hold the Christmas cheer has Wink
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Wed, 08 December 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will probably make an appearance at the hypermarket then go for a bit of a cruise... i don't know if i'll be able to stay for all that long as i have to work that day.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Wed, 08 December 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd love to go but TCCQ has it's christmas cruise (wivenhoe dam via mt glorious) and lunch that day. enjoy yourselves tho!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Thu, 09 December 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not makin it
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Mon, 13 December 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope youz all had fun?

there was quite a crowd in the aspley hypermarket when we (small bunch of celica/supra/mr2/'rolla drivers) headed off to mt glorious.

cheers,
Charles
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Mon, 13 December 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it was good. There was a big turn out and I don't think one driver acted like a dickhead the whole day. There was some police present at the BWCP and they commended the group on their behavior.
I took some photos which i'll post up when I can be bothered.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Mon, 13 December 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I made a surprise apprearance. wasn't planned at all but it worked Smile Was a very good turnout! Some really nice cars there.

Fav car was "uwuss" jza80. Purple one with big single turbo and a beutiful engine bay.

Also, there was a fella there with a 1g-gte ke70, single turbo without intercooler running methanol injection. I thought it was an interesting setup Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 13 December 2004 02:25]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Mon, 13 December 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 13 December 2004 12:23

I made a surprise apprearance. wasn't planned at all but it worked Smile Was a very good turnout! Some really nice cars there.

Fav car was "uwuss" jza80. Purple one with big single turbo and a beutiful engine bay.

Also, there was a fella there with a 1g-gte ke70, single turbo without intercooler running methanol injection. I thought it was an interesting setup Smile

That JZA80 you speak of was nice but after speaking with the owner I had the impression that there was a lot of money spent no where. He was talking 80k plus on that car! I looked at the car for ages and couldnt see where that kind of money could be spent.

As for the 1G powered corolla, that would be some scary ride. I got some photos of that too.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Mon, 13 December 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$40k parts, $40k labour Razz

Most likely Sad
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Mon, 13 December 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so that was what was goin on in our carpark on the weekend, someone meantioned that there was a car thing goin on in the car park. i was working inside hypermarket so yeah.. sorry for all those ppl that i ID but its the law and had to be done!!!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Tue, 14 December 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the uwuss supra is pretty cool, very purple... Very Happy

the dude that owns it also owns millenuim motorsports, and his brother owns a jza70 with a vvti 1jz sporting twin rollerbearing turbos,

on a sad note, i didnt make it past the first traffic lights with a stuffed trottle cable... Crying or Very Sad

i ended up fixing it up and getting out there just after lunch and after all it was an awesome day...

1G-GTE KE70
Regular

December 2004
Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Sat, 15 January 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i know this threads old but that 1g ke70 you guys saw was mine.

it's currently getting the turbo rebuilt so it's off the road but yeah it's a bit of a beast...

pics of it are here:

http://www.twincam.org/forums/index.php?showtopic= 12281&hl=

near the bottom.

thanks guys!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Sun, 16 January 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice pics there mate.

I still don't quite understand how it all works though Razz

How is lag now that the piping is so short?
Also, is that a 7m inlet manifold?
1G-GTE KE70
Regular

December 2004
Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Mon, 17 January 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not much lag at all. spools up around 3000-3500RPM should spool up a bit quicker when the turbo's rebuilt (get it back soon)

LPG comes in through the pipe (that runs along the bottom of the engine bay from left to right) in through the carby into the turbo into the engine, suck, squeeze, bang, blow, instant drift!
soulfire
Regular

May 2004

Re: Boostcruising Christmas Charity Cruise 2004 Mon, 17 January 2005 10:23 Go to previous message
mate, that is one intense setup Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Auto Salon
Next Topic:Sunny coast ae86 cruise
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:25:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075647830963135 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.