Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Good engine builder needed (Newcastle)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Good engine builder needed (Newcastle) Mon, 14 October 2002 10:15 Go to next message
Well my 3TGTE engine is running very roughly atm. The warning signs have been there for a few weeks now. It started out with the dipstick popping out and spraying oil in the engine bay and over the hot turbo manifold. Ther car has had a very oily smell to it and began to blow smoke and run roughly. The timing light revealed that no.4 was firing irregularly. The plugs for no.4 cyl are covered in oil. Further investigation has shown up oil in my intercooler piping and throttle body. The rocker cover breather is hooked up to the turbo inlet pipe. I believe that the no.4 cylinder piston or rings are damaged causing pressurization of the sump.

Anyway I am after a good Toyota twin cam engine builder in the Newcastle area. Who cam install my new Ross pistons and rebuild/balance the rest of the bottom end.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 October 2002 10:27]

Send a private message to this user    
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Good engine builder needed (Newcastle) Mon, 14 October 2002 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goto G force engine see if Glen will do it .maily builds V8s but he is an awesome engine builder
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: Good engine builder needed (Newcastle) Mon, 14 October 2002 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was really happry with Robertson Brothers in mayfield.

Have recommended a few guys there and they were happy too.
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Good engine builder needed (Newcastle) Mon, 14 October 2002 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think G force only really do V8 engines.

jase: What type of engine did you have rebuilt, are they able to carry out machine work and balancing?
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Good engine builder needed (Newcastle) Tue, 15 October 2002 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with the forgies, make sure the builder machines the block for the correct clearance.

For that size piston, I 'think'(no responsibility taken! Smile) its 26-28 thou at the ringland, and 3.5 thou at the skirt. Call Australian Precision Engine Parts to check.

Will you be changing the rings?

Cheers
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: Good engine builder needed (Newcastle) Tue, 15 October 2002 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a rebuild on a 3sgte.

Had flow work done on the head, manifold matched, bore, lighten, full balance, and assembly.

They were REALLY good. Never a leak anywhere!
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: Good engine builder needed (Newcastle) Wed, 16 October 2002 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Engine Action in Mayfield, i think they also call it HP Sales...
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Good engine builder needed (Newcastle) Thu, 17 October 2002 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the input guys, I will have to make some calls

Phil: no sure whether to reuse the rings or not, whats a new set worth?
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Good engine builder needed (Newcastle) Thu, 17 October 2002 11:38 Go to previous message
dunno what they're worth, they came as a set with the pistons.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Garret T05 ON 3T-GTE
Next Topic:looking for quadcam V6 for SV21 model Camry
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Oct 23 03:33:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054731369018555 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.