Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CryptOrchid
Newcomer

October 2004

Making 3K Go Harder Mon, 13 December 2004 05:13 Go to next message
Due to everyones overwhelming comments, and after consideration, I have decided to keep my KE20 stock and not go for an engine conversion. But that doesn't mean I don't want to chase a few more horses. Without going totally overboard (at least not yet Wink what are some things I can do to make ye olde 3K go a bit harder? Also, is it too much of a hassle and/or cost to swap out the 2-spd auto for a manual of some description? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Making 3K Go Harder Mon, 13 December 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
similar to what i did to my ke10 except i had the 'joy' of a full restoration as my car was not anywhere near as good as yours originally

you can 'sick up' the old k motors, you still get respect from old boys which is fun but you dont have the 'hektic' factor of a turbo/injected car so the younger generation probably wont look twice at it (is that a bad thing though lol)

heres a link to some pics of my car, its a 4k with 3k head for high comp, ports opened right up, different cam, big webers etc... just the usual old style mods

manual conversion is a weekend job (drill hole in firewall for clutch cable and make spacer to suit is the only non bolt in part)

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=48016&start=0&rid=2509&S=aea8b0c0a12 a29fc7dc0fff83d5525db
CryptOrchid
Newcomer

October 2004

Re: Making 3K Go Harder Mon, 13 December 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice, I really love your car, the classics are where it's at. I'm 20 myself, but I have no interest in impressing people my own age. Cost wise how much did you spend warming the old 3k over and inserting the 4spd?
>>>R3G<<<
Regular

January 2004

Re: Making 3K Go Harder Tue, 14 December 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Making 3K Go Harder Tue, 14 December 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
>>>R3G<<< wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 14:02

bump

wtf is that bump for Wink

carbs compression exhaust.. all the normal things will help.
or put a 4K block in Wink.. not a huge difference tho.

you could spend a couple of hundred or a couple of thousand, depending on how cluey you are and what you do yourself.
cost of manual conversion is simply the cost of gearbox, flywheel, clutch, cable and pedal box. takes an afternoon.

Cya, Stewart
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: Making 3K Go Harder Tue, 14 December 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the Toyoglide really that bad? Is it rooted, or do you just not like autoboxes?

If you sell it I wouldn't mind buying it*... Can get probably get a mate in Melbourne to pick it up from your place for me

email john@ke10.org if you're interested in selling Very Happy

* and all of the other bits that go with it (shifter, kickdown cable if it has one, Toyoglide badges, blah blah etc, not really interested in buying an incomplete set)
mightyrollaman
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Making 3K Go Harder Tue, 14 December 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DO NOT CONTEMPLATE MODIFYING THAT CAR. SHE IS TOO GOOD. DON'T WASTE HER. Sell her to someone who will appreciate her and buy something faster with the proceeds.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Making 3K Go Harder Tue, 14 December 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john, you know i have most of this stuff Wink 2 or 3 spare toyoglides, a few shifter things... wiring, not sure on badges, but maybe..

kickdown rod can be modelled off one i have (not sure if i have more than the one on car)

Cya, Stewart
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Making 3K Go Harder Tue, 14 December 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyrollaman wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 23:27

DO NOT CONTEMPLATE MODIFYING THAT CAR. SHE IS TOO GOOD. DON'T WASTE HER. Sell her to someone who will appreciate her and buy something faster with the proceeds.

yar, if you have a perfect example, buy a shitter for $100 (or a case of beer) and muck around with that...
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Making 3K Go Harder Tue, 14 December 2004 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont see the problem with modifying a k motor for that car

it is very good but thats no reason to stop you playing with the motor!
CryptOrchid
Newcomer

October 2004

Re: Making 3K Go Harder Wed, 15 December 2004 00:51 Go to previous message
There's nothing wrong with the Toyoglide, I'd just prefer a manual.
In a perfect world I might buy another crapheap and do it up, but I don't really have much in the way of funds unfortunately. Thats why
I figured I'd just slowly warm over the 3K. As for selling it, I think I'd want too much to part with it, I paid $2500 for it but I don't think I'd take any less than $4000. Even though it isn't worth that much.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:7mgte stock manifold...can it make power?
Next Topic:Blitz MSTT Wiring Diagram
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 22:34:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061988830566406 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.