Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » painting the celica!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
painting the celica! Mon, 20 December 2004 07:45 Go to next message
hey guys I need some advice, I have just bought a celica as indicated in members rides,I have also bought a new bonet left guard and 2 doors that are mint and painted in 2 pac, what I want to know is how many liters will it take to paint the rest of the car ie roof right guard and back in 2 pac or should i just strip the whole lot and do it in acrilic,what sort of price am i looking at and who knows a cheap place for paint? I apologise for the noob question..thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: painting the celica! Tue, 21 December 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 litres of 2PAK colour, and 1 litre of Catalyst.(Hardener).

Check da Yellow Pages, it really depends on where you are!

regards Chuck.
coronaturbo
Regular

September 2004
Re: painting the celica! Tue, 21 December 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this guy dose cheap resprays in 2pac starting from $1000

pm if intersted
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: painting the celica! Tue, 21 December 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your beter off doing the whole car!!!!! if you only paint part of it then the colour will not come out right make sure you are aware of that...

also to paint the whole car wouldnt be that much more expensive as the colour is there already... all they need to do is rub the current stuff with 1200grit paper to get rid of the clear... give it a coat or 2 of paint and then clear... 2PAC needs clear unless it is a solid colour in which case it doesnt

so basically while painting the other panels they will just go over the current ones by dust coating as they go along...

as for acrylic, WHAT FOR? the paint is cheaper but the work involved is more... you gotta get rid of everything there, then paint, clear and then the next week you gotta cut it back and buff it... its a waste of time and people will charge you more as there is more work to do! with 2PAC providing the prep work is done right then it is a matter of spray and bake, dont touch for a couple days and bobs your uncle

im still stunned to the fact that people here are still doing cars in acrylic! yeah fair enough it is cheaper and if all done right it is just as good as 2PAC, but the amount of time required is just not worth it... there is more prep work required and more finish work required
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: painting the celica! Tue, 21 December 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2PAC has the slight disadvantage of not exactly being good for you if you're just squirting it on in the garage without the full protective gear.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: painting the celica! Tue, 21 December 2004 11:29 Go to previous message
Thanks guys,i was informed today that I would have to take the 2 pac back to bare metal to paint it in acrilic so that wont be happenin,I was also told 2L should be fine and with primer it will only cost $250,i really cant afford to be spending a grand on the spray job as the thing was just meant to be a reliable runaround for the missus,not another finiky one like my ST,the colour was just a factory hommadore colour and was painted in spies hecker brand paint,hopefully it will be quite similar when finished...thanks for the info guys and keep an eye on the riceburna #2 for upadtes..
Nathan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Celica st184 auto to manual conversion?
Next Topic:A340E differences
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 13:18:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084600448608398 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.