Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
BEST PlACE FOR CONVERSION Tue, 21 December 2004 05:56 Go to next message
hey all just wondering where everybody thinks the best place ( pricewise and qualitywise ) for a drive in drive out conversion would be?

i dont have the time or means to do a conversion but i want power :P:P Very Happy

btw i live in campbelltown sydney..your help is greatly appreciated... MERRY XMAS ALL
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: BEST PlACE FOR CONVERSION Tue, 21 December 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm assuming you have $10+k lying around?
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: BEST PlACE FOR CONVERSION Tue, 21 December 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
conversions are very expensive. I learnt the hardway..

most mechanics charge an hourly rate.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: BEST PlACE FOR CONVERSION Tue, 21 December 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you don't have the time or skills to do at least the vast majority of the work yourself then sell what you've got and buy a car with the performance you want.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BEST PlACE FOR CONVERSION Tue, 21 December 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what engine into what car?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: BEST PlACE FOR CONVERSION Tue, 21 December 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think im the right person to speak here.
conversions cost you an arm and a leg, getting one done for you will cost about 2k(on avg) over the price of doing it by yourself for labour.. more depending on who does it.

What car are you putting which engine in to?

In my oppinion after mine was done, I wish I had done everything myself.
At least when you do everything yourself you know it is done right, what else needs replacing when money is available etc. if something breaks, its your fault and you dont have to go through the shit.. just fix it.

I did as much for my conversion as possible without doing the actual mechanical stuff..
i sourced EVERY part(mounts, sump, gearbox, engine, yoke, cooler..) etc etc to make it all a bolt in job and wire it up(bar a custom tail shaft)
I get a little satisfaction that I did something, but i really wish i had the time/skill at that point to do it myself.

I'd suggest if your mechanically inclined at all, aswell as some of your friends.. do as much as you can yourself. save your self some money, learn about your car and rest assured everything is done properly

If i ever decide to do another conversion I will be doing it all myself, ill be helping my mate put a 1g gte into a corona soon, helping with rest of conversion. I can tell you, he will find it a lot more rewarding.

Also, if this is your only car, buy a 2nd shitter to run around in when converisons get done... workshops are notorious for taking double(or more, and in many cases... MUCH MORE) time than quoted.

excuse the many punctuation errors Smile
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: BEST PlACE FOR CONVERSION Thu, 23 December 2004 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok im guessing the general consensus is 2 piss off the car i have and just simply buy one with more power?

well in that case il put a hault to all plans for a conversion on my ae92 seca and just save up and buy a old ke70..those things rock...

REAR WHEEL DRIVE POWER Very Happy

now the hard part finding a already hotted up early model rolla Razz
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: BEST PlACE FOR CONVERSION Thu, 23 December 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=53247&start=0&rid=4431&S=08a46c7bb11 c8ae7aa47d490f1c5a8a3
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: BEST PlACE FOR CONVERSION Thu, 23 December 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah not my back yard or my street been there done that (ask Mos about wiring in the rain)

If your gonna do it yourself do it in a good sized garage
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BEST PlACE FOR CONVERSION Thu, 23 December 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u interested in a conversion ?

what u want done ?
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: BEST PlACE FOR CONVERSION Fri, 24 December 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae92 seca with 4afe

i want a 100kw, 20v or 4agze just tossing up all options
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BEST PlACE FOR CONVERSION Fri, 24 December 2004 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
let me get back to u on that
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: BEST PlACE FOR CONVERSION Sun, 26 December 2004 14:46 Go to previous message
thanks champ
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota Camry factory specifications?
Next Topic:PASEO convertible
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Oct 2 16:34:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00673508644104 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.