Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4age conversion for AE86, how much to have it done professionally?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ripatune
Newcomer

December 2004
4age conversion for AE86, how much to have it done professionally? Wed, 22 December 2004 02:36 Go to next message
Hey guys im new here and I have a question. Ive already tried looking in previous topics for how much it would cost to convert a 4AC AE86 engine for the 4AGE. Now it would need to be done professionally so im wondering what an estimate for a start to finish job would be.
Thanks guys
  Send a private message to this user    
hachi-man
Regular

July 2003
Re: 4age conversion for AE86, how much to have it done professionally? Wed, 22 December 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a lil button on the top right corner of your screen that says "Search". give it a whirl
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: 4age conversion for AE86, how much to have it done professionally? Wed, 22 December 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.yellowpages.com.au

Call up workshops and ask them...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 4age conversion for AE86, how much to have it done professionally? Wed, 22 December 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$5k?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: 4age conversion for AE86, how much to have it done professionally? Thu, 23 December 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill see your 5K and raise you 500!

took you long enough to find this thread Karl Razz
Necros
Regular

September 2002
Re: 4age conversion for AE86, how much to have it done professionally? Fri, 24 December 2004 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did mine myself and it cost me about $2,500k for everything. Most parts were bought through Toyospares in Bayswater vic. The rest from repco and autobarn.

Its gota be one of the easier conversions people are doing these days...
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: 4age conversion for AE86, how much to have it done professionally? Fri, 24 December 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you have a garage id seriously think about doing the mechanical side of it yourself. its not hard.

i did my first one when i was 17 or 18? the engine arrived on a pallet, i went out and bought a tool kit from super cheap, and started.

if youre condifent you can do it safely, give it a go. you can hire an engine hoist.

i think youll also find, if you do give it a go and come to a point where you dont understand how to do something ect, people on here will be quite willing to help.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4age conversion for AE86, how much to have it done professionally? Sat, 25 December 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tell us all where you live, and someone might be silly enough to drop by when you're doing it and sit on the bananna lounge sinking cans, ready to yell abuse when you do something unthinkably wrong Very Happy
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 4age conversion for AE86, how much to have it done professionally? Sun, 26 December 2004 04:22 Go to previous message
$3800 all up supplied and fitted with new extractors and mandrel bent 2 and a quarter exhaust Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My Clutch feels weird
Next Topic:18r and w50 into an rn10??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 07:29:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.091327905654907 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.