Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Thu, 23 December 2004 06:29 Go to next message
January is going to be a busy month.

Calder park, you know where that is.
Wed Jan 19th, track is open 6-10pm, get there beforehand for scrotumeering
$80 to drive, $10 to spectate

The next practice night is going to be great. They are running a beginners special on part of the Calder long track. So you can give it a go without worrying about anyone hitting you or slowing people up. I think you can even drive your car with one of the Full lock guys passengering so they can give you advice.

No concrete details yet, but have a read through this on fulllock.com

However the beginners session will only be running until it gets dark as there are no lights down on that section. So get there early, around 5 is good, so you can hit the track as soon as it opens.

So come on, save the bullshit excuses for something else and come out drifting, I want to see more Sprinters, Soarers, Supras, Corollas and of course the macho machines, T18s, out on track.

Hen

[Updated on: Thu, 23 December 2004 06:31]

Send a private message to this user    
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Thu, 23 December 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i have the diff welded in the ke25, i may come along i think

[Updated on: Thu, 23 December 2004 06:50]

toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Thu, 23 December 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god damn i wish i had a fuckin job atm so i could afford the 80 and i would of jumped into the beginer section
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Thu, 23 December 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, I can't afford it. But you know I'll be there dishing it up to the poor old Corolla anyway Very Happy
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Fri, 24 December 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've often wondered if it would be possible to drift a stock, auto, non LSD Cressida. What do you reckon? Its got slightly stiffer than usual springs and the standard 140kW.

I'd give it a shot if I thought I had half a chance of sliding. But I certainly wouldn't want to waste $80 to find out that I can't. Confused
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Fri, 24 December 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crap. No job = no money = no rolla = no drift Sad
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Sat, 25 December 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked

You forgot the celicas!!!

I should be out there welded diff and all Very Happy
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Sat, 25 December 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Il be out there tearing my chassis again! Shocked

Jezza
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Sat, 25 December 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when where and how do we pay it?
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Sat, 25 December 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its at Calder Park on the Calder Freeway.

You turn up around 5pm, pay at the gate when ya get there.

You go in and get settled.

Fill in the forms that are handed to you at the gate when ya pay.

Go to srotum-earing then wait till 6pm when you go out there and bust it out.

Simple enough i hope.

Jezza Very Happy

Need any help just look out for my rally car you cant miss it. Evil or Very Mad
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Sun, 26 December 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i know where it is, sorry , i meant where how and when do we pay, but you cleared that up, thanks.

Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Sun, 26 December 2004 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rally stanza, could you explain teh tire situation to me. Do you just bring some bare rims and they supply and swap over the tire on it for you? or is it byo tires and they just fit them to the rim?
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Mon, 27 December 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil, they way tyres work is this.

Like me and most of the other guys, we have a collection of wheels that we own and we have tyres fitted to them ouselves prior to the event.

I have a tyre place that helps me out with the scrap pile and then i fit them myself in their workshop.

On the rallycar i use about 3-4 sets on the rear per night.

I always try to allow for 4 sets (8 wheels+ tyres).

You can however if you like bring just wheels and the bogans at calder will supply and fit a tyre of to your wheel for $15 per shot.

So the moral of the story is, get friendly with your local tyre dealer, if this involves sexual relations tell them to fuck off, they will then let you look through their throw away pile and hopefully fit them to all your wheels for free if not for a small sum.

I hoipe this helps. If not feel free to nail anymore q's my
way Smile

Cheers guys get out there,

Jezza Very Happy
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Tue, 28 December 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It works like this: you pay me $200, and I'll sort out your entry Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Nah, just pay when you get there, it's pretty easy. As for tyres, I really suggest you bring as many as you can yourself - it saves a lot of hassle/waiting/$/etc!

I might take the trailer along this time too, if anyone wants a hand fetching tyres/jacks/etc?
2000CorollaGT
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Tue, 28 December 2004 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello guys, I drive a 2000 JDM Corolla GT(Black Top 20 valve 6spd manual Evil or Very Mad ). I want to go forced induction but im not sure if i have all the parts and info for a successful/reliable setup. I have a few questions i'd like to ask: What turbo is best for doing this (I want 350 - 400 hp). Is the 20v head strong enough to take boost or will i have to modify it? Which ECU/EMS to use?

Here are my plans:
4AGZE bottom with 20 valve head
LSD GearBox
Front mount intercooler
Supra TT Fuel pump
Supra Injectors

Whatever else u recomend

Thanks a Million In Advance
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Wed, 29 December 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2000CorollaGT wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 08:27

Hello guys, I drive a 2000 JDM Corolla GT(Black Top 20 valve 6spd manual Evil or Very Mad ). I want to go forced induction but im not sure if i have all the parts and info for a successful/reliable setup. I have a few questions i'd like to ask: What turbo is best for doing this (I want 350 - 400 hp). Is the 20v head strong enough to take boost or will i have to modify it? Which ECU/EMS to use?

Here are my plans:
4AGZE bottom with 20 valve head
LSD GearBox
Front mount intercooler
Supra TT Fuel pump
Supra Injectors

Whatever else u recomend

Thanks a Million In Advance

Ahh you might have the wrong sections man !! but hey give it a go drifting

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Tue, 11 January 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only a week to go now. Anybody want a hand taking tyres etc.??
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Tue, 11 January 2005 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hear some of the sprinter boys are good with tyres Rolling Eyes
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Wed, 12 January 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone got any spare tyres/rims for me to use?
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Wed, 12 January 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I have a stack of stock Sprinter rims (7 to be exact). And yes you're welcome to use them all just on the condition that I never see them again.

PM me if interested
Hen
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Wed, 12 January 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7 ! a good number for single spinner diff setups Smile

BTW - do they ever see awd guys out there having a slide ? or just your more popular RWD setups ..

StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Wed, 12 January 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I havent seen a 4wd car out there yet, only the legacy and galant but they were both converted to rwd.

Would be good to see one out there havin a go, im sure it could be done with a big enough scandinavian flick entry Very Happy

cheers
Shtock
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Wed, 12 January 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a pile (about a dozen from memory!) of KE30 steelies if anyones keen - and it'd be great if I didn't see them again too Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Wed, 12 January 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guess ill have to practice sometime - though its pretty hard to get it sliding on tarmac without more balls to backup entry speed
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Wed, 12 January 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey classique,
maybe get some 14" camry steelies or something,add some sh*t rubber, put them on the back and give that a try.

Would be interested to see

cheers
Shtock
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Wed, 12 January 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - you see this is where the Gt4 shows it aint a drift car ..

it needs a minimum of 16 inch rims to clear my hoooge brakes upgrade - and there is no 17 inch +38 offset steeiles i know of -otherwise - yeah Wink

Shes built for grip too - though i think with more power and a TRD rear LSD , breaking its foothold on the black stuff should become a little easier.

I might have to just become a bunny and buy a 4ac sprinter to punt about eh ?

StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Wed, 12 January 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, 17" steelies could be hard to find Very Happy
but as you say with enough grunt it can be done.
My opinion is if your GT4 hasnt got to much turbo lag you should be ok, its lag that really kills ya i would think.

cheers
Shtock
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Wed, 12 January 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - true - im yet to see how this frontmount will effect lag - im running only a stock turbo as the fundage has just about dried up from 2004

Traction is hard to break though - if youve ever drivben an AWD youd know - give a little gravel or wet roads and yup - we can spin the wheels a LITTLE! dry tarmac - well - the thing might as well be on rails Smile

I wonder if the drift practicce organisers would object to hot lapping instead Wink
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Wed, 12 January 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
17" steelies - Ford Territory TX. Shame about the stud pattern Very Happy
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Wed, 12 January 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Classique, the way to drift an overgripped (or underpowered) car is to go in crazy fast and upset the balance really brutally with a big scando flick/handbrake/whatever else you feel like. While I've never tried it before I assume it'd be pretty hard, but this is exactly what these drift nights are all about - giving it a try somewhere where you are unlikely to damage your car or yourself.

Just give it a go, it's all just speculation until you've tried it.

Hen

PS, free 16" tyres are remarkable easy to come by at tyre joints too.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Thu, 13 January 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - still trying to source a set that suit the Gt4 - they have a wierd size - only WRX tyres seem similar but throw the speedo out a mile

and nods - as before - going in with a lot of balls , and flicking it will make her step out - or youll keep the grip and take the corner too sharp - Tried a few times to do this - works much much easier on gravel than tarmac Smile

Ill give it a go eventually when i can get a better feel for the car on track - The handbrake is still ordinary ( needs new shoes i think ) so yeah - ill get her up to speed , do a few track days , then see if i can get the bastard to slide.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Tue, 18 January 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, apart from the usual suspects, will I see anyone else out there tomorrow night? Anyone need any 13" toyota steelies???
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Tue, 18 January 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what time do these things normally finish?
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Tue, 18 January 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bout 10 30 things finish up
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Tue, 18 January 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool. thanks.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Next Calder drift night - Wed Jan 19th Tue, 18 January 2005 14:04 Go to previous message
lovely, i relied on my friend to get me a quote for king spring lows for my car 2 weeks ago, he hasnt botherd untill today even though i've been constantly naging him and i dont want to lock up my diff because of drivaablity issues and more importantly cops are 100mtr from my workplace.

so that means im gonna be out there with a bog stock ra65... hope i dont roll it Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Friday 21st Calder Park Drags
Next Topic:Colac Custom Car and Bike Show
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 05:08:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092098712921143 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.