Toymods » General Car Talk » Licence appeal for good behaviour holder

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ke20
Regular

September 2002
icon9.gif  Licence appeal for good behaviour holder Thu, 23 December 2004 23:35 Go to next message
Guess what has happened..
I elected to go on good behaviour for 12 months... on my last month i copped a fine.. and how i am facing a 9 months suspension...
6 months for breaking suspension and 3 months for speeding..

mind u this was 6 am in the morning going 80 in a 50 zone.. and i aint no hoon...

Ive called up RTA they have told me that u cannot appeal to the 6 months suspesnions but i could for the 3...

Is this true and is it worth is? and if i do should i be asking for drivers ed?

thanks in advance.
Daniel Crying or Very Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Licence appeal for good behaviour holder Thu, 23 December 2004 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd talk to a lawyer. But I'd say your probably not going to get very far
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Licence appeal for good behaviour holder Fri, 24 December 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you spoken to the RTA then why dont you ask them how you would go about appealing the 3 months susspension. Even if you do appeal it, it will go through the legal system and you will prob end up not getting any lesser penelty for it. I feel sorry for you but at the end of the day yourself being on 12 month probaion you should have known better, and you were doing 30km over the limit that just shows you have had blatent disregard for the law. Im not sayin im an angel hell i would have been doing the same thing in your situation, but shit happens and you will more than most likely have to wear the punishement, just as if it does go through the legal system they would also look at what you were doing.

Cheers Adam
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Licence appeal for good behaviour holder Fri, 24 December 2004 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

What shits me is the Singo does 160kph in his Jag and gets off scot free, while the rest of us plebs get shafted.

seeyuzz
river
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Licence appeal for good behaviour holder Fri, 24 December 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samething happened to me, elected 12 month probation, 2 weeks to go, I get done for 86 in a 60, I had cruise control set on 80 so i guess speedo is slightly out, the road i was on also used ot be an 80 zone :/. Its amazing how much my driving has improved, having to drive to work and back, 5 times a week with no licence.

Had mine back for 10 months now, such a relief lol.

Perhaps they will allow you to go on another 12 month probation, failing that, go to court plead hardship (loss of job, house, have to feed kids etc), sux that if u get done dui u can get a day licence just to travel to work and back, but u cant if u get done speeding, heh.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Licence appeal for good behaviour holder Fri, 24 December 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
30k's over is an instant month for anyone let alone on proby. But who am I to talk, I run down people or do I see dead prople, just before i hit them?
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Licence appeal for good behaviour holder Sat, 25 December 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw this advert in the paper this morn:

Basically a criminal lawyer who deals in traffic enfingments ect. www.pljcrimlaw.com.au

Cheers Adam
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Licence appeal for good behaviour holder Sun, 26 December 2004 12:05 Go to previous message
u could at least apply 4 a work license allowing u to drive to work and home.

also have refferences from other people (ie. boss and friend's mother that has known u ure whole life) that state how he has been always good and never broken the law and that this speeding is just an accident or 'freak occurence' Laughing .

hope it helps

brett
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:PASEO convertible
Next Topic:88 corolla II with '3ete engine'
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Oct 2 12:25:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007213830947876 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.