Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dragunov_RA60
Regular

May 2002

Temp guage not working Thu, 17 October 2002 14:55 Go to next message
The Celica is 20 years old maybe that's why. No matter how hard I drive it'll only ever move ~1mm max - it doesn't even reach COLD! So yes, I think it's instrument failure, but feel free to correct me.

More importantly, what can I do about it? Do you think getting a replacement gauge from a wreckers would help, or may the problem lie somewhere else along the line? BTW, i'll be replacing the thermostat soonish, so maybe that's why although I doubt it as the car runs fine. I'd just like to know how hot it gets.

Also. is it possible to buy an aftermarket readout, i've seen kits at dicksmith that do this supposedly.

long post sorry.

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Temp guage not working Thu, 17 October 2002 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man, mine doesn't work properly, but it does give me a rough idea, just reads a bit high Smile

What I'd be doing is going to a wreckers and just getting a new instrument cluster cos I'm lazy and its REALLY easy to get out Smile
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Temp guage not working Thu, 17 October 2002 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not often gauges die, prolly the sender or maybe the thermostat is jammed open?
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Temp guage not working Fri, 18 October 2002 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello All,

I had the same problem with my SA63. It's been playing up for 10 years where it would be normal then would go to HIGH and to stop it was to slam the blazes out of the cluster. A few months ago it sat on high all the time so my brother installed and aftermarket guage. Now we have 2 readings, on from the inaccurate meter in the cluster and the aftermarket gauge. The Aftermarket gauge now reads around 100 Degrees C, we assume there must be a block in the radiator but can't be stuffed fixing it.

It's Personal choice really. My brother need a Temp gauge because he travels 1000Kms a week and needs to know the temp just incase it may seize up...

Cheers
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Temp guage not working Fri, 18 October 2002 00:10 Go to previous message
Yeah, got my mechanic to run a gauge tester on the thing once the car was hot because I thought there was something wrong with the car, like it was overheating or something.
No matter how much resistance he wound into the sucker it refused to 0 out....ah well, at least I changed the coolant and the thermostat and got he radiator cleaned Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Turbo Pressure Conversion???
Next Topic:3tgte question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 22 12:20:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055501461029053 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.