Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Got T-Boned!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Got T-Boned! Tue, 04 January 2005 16:30 Go to next message

I have just put a 6spd box in my '81 SA63 celica (pop up light square shape hatchback, RWD), so we went for a videocamera test drive. We drove around a bit, got some "6 positions of gearstick" footage, and while we were still taping, as we are pulling into my street, we got T-Boned by a mid 90's Series 5 BMW. Drivers (right hand side) door is caved in, and so is the B pillar area right behind the door. Lucky for side intrusion bars.
Other driver starts shouting about indicators, then asks if i have insurance, "No, i don't", so the guys says "neither do I, see ya later". Gets in his car, and drives off doing a runner. Little did he know his front license plate fell off together with a bit of his bumper, so we collected that, and also the video of the crash happening that i had to the police station. Filled out some paperwork, gave description of the other driver, with which 2 police officers left to look for him "We're gonna go find him now, he's wanted for some other things". The cop doing our paperwork at the end says "That guy's fucked". So I guess we'll see what happends.

Video coming soon. Maybe tomorrow. As soon as I capture it and host it.
  Send a private message to this user    
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: Got T-Boned! Tue, 04 January 2005 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like that dude is in for a reaming Wink
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Got T-Boned! Tue, 04 January 2005 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take his car!!!! Evil or Very Mad well the door on the BMW should cover your damage Laughing

but thats spewing, i hate when you have just done something to your car and crap like this happens
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: Got T-Boned! Tue, 04 January 2005 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He was prolly drunk too...

If he leaves the site of the accident its basically impossible to prove that he was over the limit at the time that he hit you tho.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Got T-Boned! Tue, 04 January 2005 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
setsuna wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 03:30

Little did he know his front license plate fell off together with a bit of his bumper,

Silly fucker !!!

Bad luck and I hope it all works out for the best in some way ...
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Got T-Boned! Tue, 04 January 2005 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sucks to hear about the acco
but good to hear that he is going to get a royal ass reaming.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'd be able to tell if you had your indicator on from the video, right?

Sounds like you have a pretty watertight case... just hope you can get the money out of the fucker. That's often the tricky part.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cream that guy really good just like he creamed ur poor sa63
and why would a guy with a bmw have no insurance?
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just make sure you only present the video footage of the crash, not any other "spirited" driving you were involved in Smile
Good luck getting this sorted
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 12:47

cream that guy really good just like he creamed ur poor sa63
and why would a guy with a bmw have no insurance?

Maybe because he is "wanted for some other things" which may include drunk driving or something else that would cause him to not have a license.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mum overheard me telling my bro about this and she suggested that if you have some good footage you should try to sell the tape to a TV show. Worlds Most Arseholest Drivers, or When BMW's Attack! etc... Rolling Eyes
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
setsuna wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 00:30

Little did he know his front license plate fell off together with a bit of his bumper, so we collected that, and also the video of the crash happening that i had to the police station.

ROFLMAO, also the first time I've ever used the term:

OWNED
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahhahaha that is absolutely golden!!

he's gonna be spewin when the cops finally catch up to him. eat shit is what i have to say to that fucktard

mad props to you man Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats awesomely good
rheem him
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any news?
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
excellent work mate Very Happy
i wanna see footage and a followup to this!!! Laughing
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will be dubbing footage in the next few days.
right now, off to do engine conversion on other celica Razz

need car for work on the 10th!
heehee

going to be interesting what happens to this guy, but I doubt the cops will say anything.

time will tell
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 13:19

[color=blue][i][b]Worlds Most Arseholest Drivers

hahahaha
"arseholest"
furnee
left his plate at the scene of the accident? hahahaha, even more furnee... take it as a momento
don't you love the timing. finish putting in a 6spd and have an accident. it's like washing your car just to drive it somewhere in the rain
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strober wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 20:34

SIMDOG wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 13:19

[color=blue][i][b]Worlds Most Arseholest Drivers

hahahaha
"arseholest"
furnee
left his plate at the scene of the accident? hahahaha, even more furnee... take it as a momento
don't you love the timing. finish putting in a 6spd and have an accident. it's like washing your car just to drive it somewhere in the rain

except the whole being harder than dirt to get rid of...
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
upload the whole vid here.

did u keep taping after the acco, did u get footage of him cutting sik
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bring on the video, this will be good Smile

good luck anyway

brett
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He'll probably get fucked for leaving the scene of an accident without leaving any details. It won't matter if he was drunk or not.

P.S. I fucking hate BMW drivers
Especially the assholest Very Happy drivers in the X5's that think they own the road.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Watch out that the cops don't do the switchback on you and fine you for using a camera while driving or something. When I went to the cops to report a hit run on my car I explained the situation in every detail and therefore admitted a slight infringement on my behalf. They suddenly seemed to not care about finding the guy who ran off without giving me his name and instead wrote me up a ticket for my little "crime".

I was thinking that the kind of thing they would get you on is under the using handheld device while driving laws. 3 points and a fine or something isn't it?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think his friend would of been filming.
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lalala
course mate was filming Razz (duh)

here is the video...

http://members.westnet.com.au/madmanmarkau/dave's% 20celica%20smash.avi

enjoy Smiley =
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome Smile

Keep us informed. I'm so keen to hear about what happens to this arsehole Smile
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 05 January 2005 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and just out of curiosity, what do you use for your video editing?

[EDIT] I have a digicam that can finally take videos, so I'm looking to do a bit of it myself.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 January 2005 16:17]

koen
Regular

March 2004
Re: Got T-Boned! Thu, 06 January 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure i'd be showing the cops that footage, it makes it dead obvious that you didn't use your indicator, which you could easily have denied otherwise. It's still the other guy's fault, but if they decide that you contributed to the accident, you're gonna have a hard time getting any cash out of the BMW driver (though i'd say that would be unlikely anyway).
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Got T-Boned! Thu, 06 January 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koen wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 10:56

I'm not sure i'd be showing the cops that footage, it makes it dead obvious that you didn't use your indicator, which you could easily have denied otherwise. It's still the other guy's fault, but if they decide that you contributed to the accident, you're gonna have a hard time getting any cash out of the BMW driver (though i'd say that would be unlikely anyway).

Yeah no indicator for sure, but still, the bmw rammed em lol.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Got T-Boned! Thu, 06 January 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I couldn't really tell, but y the fuck would a person start leaving an intersection when there was a car driving past. Regardless of u indicating or not y would they still proceed. its a far old whack tho... I hated watching that cause it reminded me of my car accident
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Got T-Boned! Thu, 06 January 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW, who ever that girl in the back ground is... wat is she asking for it sounded like "DID u get the ... for me" and yer reponse was "NO, we got an accident" i am just interested thats all
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Got T-Boned! Thu, 06 January 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha.. what the hell was the BMW driver thinking!?! doesnt he have eyes... he was stopped and as you went past he accelerated into your side, turning into it. buahahha what a knob
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Got T-Boned! Thu, 06 January 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"oi sarah"
"what"
"come out here"
"why?"
"I got.."
"did you get me a kitten?"
"no.. we got an accident, and a bumper"
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Got T-Boned! Thu, 06 January 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also for video editing, use adobe premier 7
FlaskMPEG, Virtualdub, and what else do you need? Smile

though that footage is basically a straight dub from the camera, encode, upload.

used a old high 8 camera in the car, then a new sony DV camera to record through firewire and to premier.

engine conversion is 50% complete... got both engines from both celicas out.
just need to put good engine into good body Smiley =
then wiring... eek!
gtvolv
Regular

November 2002
Re: Got T-Boned! Thu, 06 January 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry if this is a stupid Q, but what 6-speed gearbox?
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Got T-Boned! Thu, 06 January 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
setsuna wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 15:20

"oi sarah"
"what"
"come out here"
"why?"
"I got.."
"did you get me a kitten?"
"no.. we got an accident, and a bumper"

Not poking fun at u, but that is fucking funny as.. How random is that "U GOT ME A KITTEN" NA! just stacked the car!! and a bumper. classic. BTW wat has happened. with it all
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Got T-Boned! Thu, 06 January 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it just me or was the dubbing really fucked up for everyone else.

btw, doesnt matter if he wasnt indicating, obviously the guy didnt look at him what so ever, if he said u didnt have an indicator surely he saw your 4m long white car that was attached to the indicator Rolling Eyes
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Got T-Boned! Thu, 06 January 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6speed is from the lexus IS200 altezza thingo
no word/progress etc.

went to doc for checkup etc etc
was crap.. the guy was more interested in taking details of the crash than checking me up. 20mins vs 10mins.

ahh well.

not that he did anything about the glass in my feet.

think I got the last peice out earlier tonight. Smile

zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Got T-Boned! Thu, 06 January 2005 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice video!

Who drives a beamer with no insurance???
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Got T-Boned! Fri, 07 January 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone who stole said beemer.

ps, this is a fucking crackup.
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: Got T-Boned! Fri, 07 January 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Video was black for me... but I got sound!
What codec did you use?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Got T-Boned! Fri, 07 January 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 12:28

Video was black for me... but I got sound!
What codec did you use?

It's DivX.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 19 January 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update please?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 19 January 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dun know i use the indicator after i start turning the wheel which im sure could have happened in this case but however u see it the gy driving the beemer is an absolute tool how could you not see a car driving infront of you bet you he was drunk thats why he did a runner eith way he is fucked for not stopping at an accident its now a hit and run.
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 19 January 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, no updates on the situation as of yet.
should I goto the cop station and ask about progress?
what would this acheive anyway? though finding out HOW reamed this guy got by the cops would be great.

as for indicating, I DID indicate.
on the higher quality version, you can hear it go 'clunk' on in time with slight hand movement to actuate the switch.

Yumbo
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Got T-Boned! Wed, 19 January 2005 14:41 Go to previous message
mate if i were u id keep hasseling the officer in charge of the case, if you know who they are, try to annoy them enough that they will actually do something to stop u hasseling them.

my brothers car got hit while him and 3 mates were standing next to it and they got the guys plate and its been 10 months and the cops have finally got off their arse and are taking the bloke to court sometime next week
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:supra handling...
Next Topic:selling s2000 parts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:02:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0093028545379639 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.