Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » SWAYBARS....................................

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  SWAYBARS.................................... Sun, 20 October 2002 09:01 Go to next message
I have an AE71 Rolla, Its been lowered 65mm with Kmac springs,and has munro Gas shocks fitted. I will be doing an engine swap to a 4AGZE and was woundering what size swaybars i should fit? I drift the car Very Happy so i was wanting a good setup to suit.
I also use the car as a daily driver

any help is much appreciated Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: SWAYBARS.................................... Sun, 20 October 2002 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First up, do you 'dorift maaaaate' the car or DRIFT the car?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SWAYBARS.................................... Sun, 20 October 2002 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 40 mm rear sway bar should just about do it. Rolling Eyes
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SWAYBARS.................................... Sun, 20 October 2002 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
40mm rear!!??!!

with a stock 22mm front, yeah, that should get the back end happening.... Rolling Eyes

ed
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: SWAYBARS.................................... Sun, 20 October 2002 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What the hell, just ditch the shocks, replace them with steel bars to attach the rear end solid to the car...
Karl_skewes
Regular

May 2002
Re: SWAYBARS.................................... Sun, 20 October 2002 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get one from whiteline, don't forget you'll need all the brackets to mount it as well, and I'm not sure if your diff housing has the mounts for the swaybar.... so these may need to be welded on.

If you do have an existing swaybar, get another off an ae85 or something and hoseclamp it together... add as many as you think is driveable... 2 seems to do the trick.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SWAYBARS.................................... Sun, 20 October 2002 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn karl, thats the most sensible idea ive ever heared wrt swaybars. sure, eventaully, probably more correct to get a single bar made to spec, but addition of bars is a great idea! esp if youre playing with setup etc and arent quite sure what you need, or what will work.

cheers
ed
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: SWAYBARS.................................... Sun, 20 October 2002 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karl_skewes wrote on Sun, 20 October 2002 21:43

just get one from whiteline, don't forget you'll need all the brackets to mount it as well, and I'm not sure if your diff housing has the mounts for the swaybar.... so these may need to be welded on.

If you do have an existing swaybar, get another off an ae85 or something and hoseclamp it together... add as many as you think is driveable... 2 seems to do the trick.

I might just try that :)As i have a spare AE71 which im wreaking at the moment and it does have a rear swaybar standard.
can anyone recomend a size for the front? Or is the standard one good enough?
I also want it to handle alright and not just go sideways Very Happy Very Happy

i will be gettin a pair of swaybars made to spec when i know what setup is best
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SWAYBARS.................................... Sun, 20 October 2002 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FLY PSI wrote on Sun, 20 October 2002 22:44

I also want it to handle alright and not just go sideways

Something about cake and not being able to eat it comes to mind.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 October 2002 12:58]

FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: SWAYBARS.................................... Sun, 20 October 2002 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i ment by that comment was that if i just want to drive it normally, i dont want the car trying to step out on me Shocked as i dont want to cause an accident when im driving in traffic Sad
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: SWAYBARS.................................... Sun, 20 October 2002 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well assuming that theory of taking diameter to the power of 4 works, then my 19mm one is a fair bit healthier than the stocky 12mm one - which looks like some kind of dental floss accessory. I can probably suggest you try the KMAC 19mm one, worked fine for me. Oh, and ditch the monroe shocks too!
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: SWAYBARS.................................... Sun, 20 October 2002 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin: the shocks came with the car :)and at $300 i cant complain Very Happy i was thinking of swaping them down the track. can you recomend some good ones that arent too expensive.
i used peddars in my ET Pulsar and they are great.
Karl_skewes
Regular

May 2002
Re: SWAYBARS.................................... Sun, 20 October 2002 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Run a bigger one on the front, whiteline replacement.
You'll find running 2 on the back you will get no understeer. And it won't be very neutral unless you upgrade the front.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: SWAYBARS.................................... Sun, 20 October 2002 22:34 Go to previous message
Guess if you don't want to spend too much, try the peddars, otherwise go for Koni or similiar
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:This turbo OK for my 4AGTE?? (NOW WITH PICTURES)
Next Topic:Piggyback ECU's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Oct 18 11:24:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071899890899658 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.