Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Thu, 27 January 2005 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone taking a video camera??? I am sure someone would organize a pit crew pass for a camera monkey.
  Send a private message to this user    
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Thu, 27 January 2005 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I can get the night off work (and that's a BIG if at this stage) I'll be there with camera and big-arse flash in tow.. Don't really plan on doing any of that video stuff, however I might bring it along to use when it gets too dark for still shots.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Thu, 27 January 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We could meet at Macca's at Blacktown or maybe even the Shell on the hwy at Eastern Creek.

I won't be runnig the wagon, don't want to be running 23 all night. Atleast when I was running 21's with the other car it had some cred, lowered big wheels, tint. The shitter on the other hand. Well.....

So i want to ome is a pit bitch and the wagon has got plenty of storage space.

I will be taking the digi camerato so heaps of shots will be happening
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Thu, 27 January 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheStitt wrote on Fri, 28 January 2005 09:39

We could meet at Macca's at Blacktown or maybe even the Shell on the hwy at Eastern Creek.

I won't be runnig the wagon, don't want to be running 23 all night. Atleast when I was running 21's with the other car it had some cred, lowered big wheels, tint. The shitter on the other hand. Well.....

So i want to ome is a pit bitch and the wagon has got plenty of storage space.

I will be taking the digi camerato so heaps of shots will be happening

yea we could meet at that garage. That sounds like a plan
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Thu, 27 January 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like i said - myself or Joel will announce where we are meeting SOON. just wait up dude!!

Hopefully toobs will be there with the video camera.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Thu, 27 January 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be coming!! Car seems to have stop leaking oil, but still gotta fix that dodgey plug, hopefully its all good.

If you guys see me, just come up and say hi!
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Fri, 28 January 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Same, come say hi if you see me (I will do the same if I see you or any others).

A photo is attached below so you know what I look like. I will be sitting in a green corolla Very Happy

http://img191.exs.cx/img191/7447/guns9bm.jpg

".........he's almost too good looking..." Laughing

I will be sitting in this.....

http://img191.exs.cx/img191/2110/corollacorneringweb8dh.jpg
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Fri, 28 January 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you can't find me... then you are obviously blind.

PMP-80Y plates. Black. Shit-tin.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Fri, 28 January 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn u crack me up shane, well hopfully we can have a nice group of tuff toyota's there, and better still a heap of tuff rolla's Very Happy
AHR01Z
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Fri, 28 January 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will be there

N i will c if i can bring along a camera!!
not sure if i wil run the 4ag-e although she iz due outa tha shop wit a new box, heavy duty clutchn flywheel!
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon6.gif  Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Fri, 28 January 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stitt,

If you change your mind about running the wagon, and I can get the afternoon off, and all goes to plan, and the new toy checks out ok...... I'll run ya lol Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 28 January 2005 11:12]

AHR01Z
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Fri, 28 January 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Fri, 28 January 2005 11:30

Quote:

Same, come say hi if you see me (I will do the same if I see you or any others).

A photo is attached below so you know what I look like. I will be sitting in a green corolla Very Happy

http://img191.exs.cx/img191/7447/guns9bm.jpg

".........he's almost too good looking..." Laughing

I will be sitting in this.....

http://img191.exs.cx/img191/2110/corollacorneringweb8dh.jpg

he he he he ur good quality bro! I will c u guyz out their hopefully! C How i go running tha Rolla down tha qtr though!

[Updated on: Fri, 28 January 2005 14:07]

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Sat, 29 January 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice one shano (warren?) Razz lucky for those big guns, you'll need them to steer the green 'rolla sideways down the first 100' Smile

I know its already been said, but

Don't forget your rego papers

and make sure you have the appropriate overflow bottle setup for your cooling system, or no run Sad

can't wait!

De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Sat, 29 January 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 28 January 2005 10:32

like i said - myself or Joel will announce where we are meeting SOON. just wait up dude!!

Hopefully toobs will be there with the video camera.

yep ok then cool. I will also bring a camera fr some happy snaps Very Happy
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Sat, 29 January 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just got a helmet lined up so I'll be there.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Sun, 30 January 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isn't there a Krispy Kreme in Huntingwood?
That would be a better place to meet than the Shell servo. The serov is on the wrong side of the road & you have to do an illegal u turn at traffic lights to get back to the creek.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Mon, 31 January 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll have a few mates coming along who are all keen to go out for a bit of fun. although i'll just be spectating/pit if i can be bothered Razz
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Mon, 31 January 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 09:26

Isn't there a Krispy Kreme in Huntingwood?
That would be a better place to meet than the Shell servo. The serov is on the wrong side of the road & you have to do an illegal u turn at traffic lights to get back to the creek.

i agree about the servo

also that krispey kreme at huntingwood has a VERY small carpark that'll only fit about 15 cars

not to mention they close the gates of the complex after hours.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Mon, 31 January 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might not be able to attend now Sad just after getting the LSD fitted to the Celica and having some fun along the old pacific hwy... the crown wheel has shagged itself. Diff dude seems to think around one of the long corners its run dry for a second and messed up the gear.

So unless someone happens to know of a F series 3.9 diff (or just ring & pinion) that I can get in the next day or 2??

Cheers
Joel
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Mon, 31 January 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or diff dude didn't set it up with the right clearance.

Sorry to hear about that mate, you haven't been having too much luck with that car lately Sad
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Mon, 31 January 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I might not be able to attend now just after getting the LSD fitted to the Celica and having some fun along the old pacific hwy... the crown wheel has shagged itself. Diff dude seems to think around one of the long corners its run dry for a second and messed up the gear.

So unless someone happens to know of a F series 3.9 diff (or just ring & pinion) that I can get in the next day or 2??

Thats bad luck mate, be good if you could get it sorted asap!

Quote:

or diff dude didn't set it up with the right clearance.

my thoughts too

Quote:

Diff dude seems to think around one of the long corners its run dry for a second and messed up the gear.

sounds like porky pies to me to cover his arse Rolling Eyes
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Mon, 31 January 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm interesting those comments.. Yeah not much luck at all.. Was having so much fun with the LSD also the car felt unreal and traction was amazing.

He said he can get the gears lapped but didn't recommend it as never sure of the outcome and not quite as strong. So be better to find another centre to move my LSD carrier into.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

icon8.gif  Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Mon, 31 January 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 09:52

Diff dude seems to think around one of the long corners its run dry for a second and messed up the gear.

Mate go back to your diff guy & tell him this is bullshit, no diff will run dry on a corner.His tring to cover his own ass.
how many race cars blow diffs from this sort of thing?
hope you get it sorted out.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Mon, 31 January 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel, your welcome to use the centre I loaned you. Unless that was to one that you did use, in which case I have plenty of T series gear sets you can have Very Happy

Oh and if you think that this little set back is enough to prevent our grudge match, then I might just have to call ya chicken..... Razz
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Tue, 01 February 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Anthony.. mate it was your centre Sad I have been running that for sometime loving the 3.9 ratio.

I gave him the 4.1 I had but he said the gears on that are really bad (which I already knew as it was noisy as anything when I had it running).

Haha so now I need to find a 3.9 centre, and I also need to find another to replace your centre.

Chicken?!? Mate thats it, if the RA28 cant make it the AE86 will! I bet ya shaking in ya boots now??

gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Tue, 01 February 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the hatchi roku lives up to it's reputation, then I am quivering in my boots Laughing

I think the two of us should make a trip out to "Pick and pay more" and extract a couple of diff centres. I put my other E series centre in the car last weekend, only to discover that it is in worse condition than the one I took out.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Tue, 01 February 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I was out there saturday morning trying to find some F series centres.. But only came across IRS 4.1 F centres from some later model crowns. There was some 3.9 E centres though for you Smile

YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Tue, 01 February 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STITT & ROD,
Jamie (1UZFTE) and I are here having a chat and we think we could push Rods TA22 shell down the quarter then both the crowns put together......whos up for a steer? Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2005 10:44]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Tue, 01 February 2005 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok - meeting location set:

Meeting: Blacktown Maccas, cnr third ave & sunnyholt rd.
Time: 3.30pm

This gives us a little time to piss-fart around, wipe off the oil, move bits and pieces around, talk shit, set out some challenges etc etc and get to the creek before 5pm when the gates open. We will endeavour to leave Maccas at 4:00pm, 4:15pm at the LATEST!

[Updated on: Wed, 02 February 2005 00:14] by Moderator

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Tue, 01 February 2005 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like i wont be able to make it, ive been waiting 3 weeks for my intercooler and it looks like it will be another 2 weeks till i get another one sent out, but ill try and make i even if i dont run the car
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Tue, 01 February 2005 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn shit f*ck piss and crap!! That sucks Josh Sad I was really keen to see the mighty machine.

Maybe i'll go again a bit further down the track once i have another car to run (wont be as fast though)
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Wed, 02 February 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if its going ill bring it, but i doubt it will be tuned and running well that soon after getting it running
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Wed, 02 February 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NB: "Toymods Racing Team" Long Sleeve shirts will be available to buy for all financial members at the event and at maccas beforehand.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Wed, 02 February 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool t-shirts! Smile

The RA28 will make it with a 4.1:1 diff .. Thanks Luke's dad!
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Wed, 02 February 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tip top Joel! Good if you can get the rolla there Josh but understandable if you don't, it's a hefty project you are completing there Very Happy and delays are to be expected unfortunately.

I think us Canberra boys are looking at having 3 4AGTE powah'd cars in attendance (maybe 4 if we can convince another mate to have a run) and maybe a mate with a rotor will have a run too.

Not far away now!
coronaturbo
Regular

September 2004
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Wed, 02 February 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how many cars are going cause ill probly come down if the corona is reddy
see use there

cheers
JZX90T
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Thu, 03 February 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forget Supra vs Sportivo what about Mark II vs Sportivo that sounds better Laughing
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Thu, 03 February 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Wed, 02 February 2005 15:27

NB: "Toymods Racing Team" Long Sleeve shirts will be available to buy for all financial members at the event and at maccas beforehand.

And are they available in the big size yet. I seem to recall that I had the money to buy one on their debut release meeting, couldn't get one that fitted and being promised by Stitt that I would be decked out in all that livery very soon. It's all crap!
Bring me freaking shirt or be prepared to see my angry face.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Thu, 03 February 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha jase, no one would be able to see your angry face unless we brought along a chair to stand on.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Thu, 03 February 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
comon - he's not *that* much taller than me Razz

Jason, ill find out what's going on with the shirt's and let you know. Stitt has gone on holidays for 2 weeks so someone is going to have to cover his arse for this one Smile
worse coming to worse, ill get them made.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Thu, 03 February 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 22:22

haha jase, no one would be able to see your angry face unless we brought along a chair to stand on.

LOL
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Fri, 04 February 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea cant wait...see you's all there Very Happy
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Fri, 04 February 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm almost ready to go. All i got left is stripping the interior.

I'm going to beat my record. Who else is going to break a record?
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Fri, 04 February 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me, I love the sound of vinyl under tyres Laughing
Its the only way I'm going to break anything.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Fri, 04 February 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After the other night i might not have been coming, but the car is alright. I bent the front drivers side tow point. After spinning the car in the wet and mounting the gutter.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Fri, 04 February 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draza wrote on Fri, 04 February 2005 13:43

i'm almost ready to go. All i got left is stripping the interior.

I'm going to beat my record. Who else is going to break a record?

I like to go to the drags and get away without breaking anything (other than the spirit of some V8 drivers). A PB would be very nice.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Mon, 07 February 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone got any idea what time the night's activities tend to finish up?

I won't be able to make it along due to work *spewing* but I might drop by afterwards if I'm still likely to see some runs..

Hopefully everyone's still running and hasn't broken anything by that stage! lol..
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Mon, 07 February 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10pm is the cutoff due to noise restrictions, if my memory serves me right..
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Mon, 07 February 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i can get the leaks in my i/c fixed i'll run aswell
otherwise i'll still come to watch

i've moved the airfilter back into the boot so hwy patrol dont fine me anymore. i'll be seeing if it affects performance and if my et goes up by 0.5s or more its going straight back to engine bay

is there going to be any good matchup for my car? hoping to see some aw11s or 4agze powered vehicles to compare times

be finished tafe at ultimo about 5ish and hopefully get there 6pm
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Mon, 07 February 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10pm.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Tue, 08 February 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn - I might be able to make it along to see an hour or so worth of racing if I'm lucky.. Someone else who's there the whole time better get lots of video/photo!!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Tue, 08 February 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 00:16

is there going to be any good matchup for my car? hoping to see some aw11s or 4agze powered vehicles to compare times

i know my mate who is rarely on here will be there in his s/c aw11. so thats at least one for you to line up
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Tue, 08 February 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This guy gets shots of everything.

http://www.realper4mance.com/
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Tue, 08 February 2005 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 13:22

mk1sc wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 00:16

i know my mate who is rarely on here will be there in his s/c aw11. so thats at least one for you to line up

cool, always wanted to run a s/c aw11. i've only ever lined up against a white one before but wasnt fair as he was turbo running 12s

anyone see my car there just comeover say hi, my english not that great and i cant really start conversation hehe. my cars easy to recognise, battered up red mr2 with red number plates
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Wed, 09 February 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 19:11

This guy gets shots of everything.

http://www.realper4mance.com/

i know the guy through another club so i may be able to get in contact with him and see if he's heading out for the night

edit: i've heard that he should be out there and if you want send him an e-mail and he'll get photos of your car. He may even be able to do a couple of group shots.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 February 2005 04:13]

De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Wed, 09 February 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TE72_Turbo wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 23:02

10pm is the cutoff due to noise restrictions, if my memory serves me right..

yep u sure would be right. one week now guys cant wait!
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Wed, 09 February 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi All!
Celica is far from ready for a run down the quarter, so i will bring up the ninja....

anyone else think of bringing there bikes??
yogi
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Wed, 09 February 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YOGI8U wrote on Wed, 09 February 2005 19:19

Hi All!
Celica is far from ready for a run down the quarter, so i will bring up the ninja....

anyone else think of bringing there bikes??
yogi

i could run the ttr 250 down there Laughing Laughing
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Wed, 09 February 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno if I want to know what you've done to the Celica...
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb. Wed, 09 February 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I won't be running the wagon but i wll be there

For anyone wishing to join the club on the night i will have all the membership stuff there

Also I will have toymods Drag racing shirts there.

Bigger sizes to for all you long armed freaks out there!!!!
Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Whens the Next Adelaide CCC Cruise??
Next Topic:Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:43:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011443138122559 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.