Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
andyroo
Regular

December 2004
deleted threads? Thu, 20 January 2005 08:18 Go to next message
Whats up with that mods?

My story was no where near as crazy as some peoples... Im wondering why mine was deleted?
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: deleted threads? Thu, 20 January 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they actively promoted street racing in a positive light.

There are some new rules in place for this section, please read over them, and understand that it takes time to clean up the whole lot. So please be patient, as all threads will be reviewed eventually and canned if necessary.

We just cant have such a reflection upon the Toymods name... street racing is illegal. This section is now for motorsport talk ONLY.
andyroo
Regular

December 2004
Re: deleted threads? Thu, 20 January 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair Nuff'
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: deleted threads? Thu, 20 January 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so what bout things like 0-60km/hr (Within the speed limit) from a set of lights? These things is still illegal?
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: deleted threads? Thu, 20 January 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Such activities are still against the law... the police can still charge you even if you "only race to the speed limit".
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: deleted threads? Thu, 20 January 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 09:24

ok so what bout things like 0-60km/hr (Within the speed limit) from a set of lights? These things is still illegal?

Irrelevant - This section is for TRACK TALK. Motorsport events and results.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: deleted threads? Fri, 21 January 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so quick Q - if we have a story to relate about 'tarded drivers, near misses etc... here, outhouse, or general?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: deleted threads? Fri, 21 January 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Outhouse or general.

We'll be cleaning this section out so it only has the actual track talk threads in it.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: deleted threads? Fri, 21 January 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asked for mine to be deleted
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: deleted threads? Fri, 21 January 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As to why was the thread deleted. I posted the following announcement on 23rd of December.

Joshstix wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 19:55

Given the current situation in terms of the persecution of drivers of modified cars there is no good reason for why the Toymods car club would want to have people making posts about illegal activities done on the street.

This section is for legal motorsport reults such as "I just ran 12.15 at WSID" not I just got arrested or I just beat an excel in a drag in my Deawoo, we only went 140.

If make posts about illegal activity expect it to be deleted.

Remember the police know how to use the internet as well.

Then on 20th of January you posted a thread that included:

andyroo wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 17:56

Hi yall

Just today I was comming back out of town in rather wet conditions... getting a bit sideways here and there, anyway, Saw this 2001? Mirage infont of me, REAL big echaust and even bigger wheels.

I couldnt help it, so I started tailgating him (in my town this is the accepted method of starting a race...) We took it easy out of town, then he tryed to pull away, we were doing bout80, I slammed it to 3rd, drafted up behind him, overtaking in 4th, got to bout 120-30 and just kept my foot down. Needless to say, he couldnt keep up.

That is the kind of crap we do not want to have associated with the club.
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: deleted threads? Fri, 21 January 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is no doubt that police proberly reguraly scour the forums and many other car modifying forums. and all it does is gives toymods a bad reputation, we are car enthusiast, not hooligans who like to race every set of lights.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: deleted threads? Fri, 21 January 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Understood Very Happy

ASk for mine to be deleted too

"Lancer vs ST162... defeat OMFG!"

Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: deleted threads? Fri, 21 January 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shhhh the police are watching Confused
andyroo
Regular

December 2004
Re: deleted threads? Fri, 21 January 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Its fair enough that you dont want us to post drag stories on the forums, but please stop using the police as an excuse...there is no way they could use the forums as a basis for fining someone, thats just silly.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: deleted threads? Fri, 21 January 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andyroo wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 15:38

Its fair enough that you dont want us to post drag stories on the forums, but please stop using the police as an excuse...there is no way they could use the forums as a basis for fining someone, thats just silly.

its not a matter of protecting people from being fined

its all about police perception of the club.

djcougar explained it pretty well 3 posts up from yours

Quote:

there is no doubt that police proberly reguraly scour the forums and many other car modifying forums. and all it does is gives toymods a bad reputation, we are car enthusiast, not hooligans who like to race every set of lights.
andyroo
Regular

December 2004
Re: deleted threads? Fri, 21 January 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohhhhh

Well that does make more sense!

Sorry!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: deleted threads? Fri, 21 January 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nahh its cool d00d, welcome to the forums Cool
andyroo
Regular

December 2004
Re: deleted threads? Fri, 21 January 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks, its great to be here Very Happy
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: deleted threads? Tue, 25 January 2005 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andyroo wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 15:38

some dude got fined for car modifications i believe from the nissansilvia.com forums. point is the police do use websites as leads..
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: deleted threads? Tue, 25 January 2005 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem is not so much that they directly use the website based on war stories (although I have heard of illegally modified cars being found this way)

The main problem is the more illegal stories police see on here, the more likely we are to have most of the local constabulary turn up to our next cruise with defect stickers in hand.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: deleted threads? Mon, 31 January 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funny cause in another thread that had two cars involved going up kariong hill that thread is not deleted.... who wants to read shit like that.....
if you want to know who is faster don't be a loser ....
go to the track...

djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: deleted threads? Mon, 31 January 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the mods are going though all they can, but people seem to forget they are not getting paid to do anything at all related to toymods, so give them some time as they also have there own life.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: deleted threads? Thu, 03 February 2005 02:15 Go to previous message
djcougar wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 15:47

the mods are going though all they can, but people seem to forget they are not getting paid to do anything at all related to toymods, so give them some time as they also have there own life.

Totally 100% Agreed... Good job on all the mods!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Off to Oran park.
Next Topic:autocross outing
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:00:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008040189743042 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.