Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Wollongong Cruise...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Wollongong Cruise... Wed, 23 October 2002 11:09 Go to next message
I've been considering a cruise down to the 'Gong for quite some time now... I've just been too lazy and busy with the HSC to post it up...

I've been thinking about a cruise going from Homebush down to the gong either on a Sat or Sun... It would be early and someone would need a tow bar to tow a trailer with a BBQ in it... (Maybe this could be a push along for the "toymods trailer"???)

Someone from the Gong could mabe park their car blocking off one of the carparks near the lighthouse so we could have the whole lot to ourselves??? ***Looking at Simon...***

We could park all the cars there and get out the BBQ and cook up a feast... Maybe even take the Toymods flags to show off the club...

So yeah, a cruise down there, BBQ, look at the scenery Razz Razz Razz , promote the club and cruise home...

It would be a full day event for those who want to stay and would probably be closer to Christmas...

Hands up who would be interested as to make me organise it faster...
  Send a private message to this user    
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Wed, 23 October 2002 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not alot of parking around on the weekend in the gong, but stuart park would be a good place for a BBQ there are some there already

but as for parking i dont like your chances

actual there is abit of room on the grass but you have to drive up the gutter
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Wed, 23 October 2002 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good. Actually going to have ur car ready by then?? Razz
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Wed, 23 October 2002 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Craig, I know that there isn't a good chance of that that's why I said "Early" which could mean a 9:00am start... Get down there by about 10:30 at the latest and hope for the best...

Where is Stuart Park located??? Near the actual site of the lighthouse area or more so your way away from the 'Gong???

The grass was always an idea but it is illegal to park on the grass there... I was on the grass at the Super7Cruise and got told to get off when the cops made their apperance...

Kerr,
I hope so... Hence the fact that it will be near or at Christmas time...
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Wed, 23 October 2002 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nar parking on the grass shouldnt be a problem if it is busy. stuart park- from the light house follow the road basically along north wollongong beach and ya there, 2 min drive
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Thu, 24 October 2002 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure about the grass??? I was certain it was illegal to park up there...

Stuart Park sounds good if there are too many cars there...
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Wed, 30 October 2002 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been at the lighthouse when the cops have handed out MASS parking tickets to people who were double parked and
parked on the grass

but thas only happened once
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Wed, 30 October 2002 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was only told to get off, not given a fine either... Hmmm...

Are there any signs around that say No Parking on the grass or similar???

Or maybe, we could ring the council that looks after the grass and ask them if we could do it as a club event...
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Thu, 31 October 2002 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah if ya park on the grass at the light house they will tell ya to get off!

i was talking about stuart park
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Fri, 01 November 2002 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
either way.
is it cool for some of us canberra people to join yas up there on the day?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Sat, 02 November 2002 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For sure... You Canberra guys can join no worries... It'd be good to meet interstate members of the forums...
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Sun, 03 November 2002 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah well i put in a thread and no one answered.

but i might have to talk to some people in person
but yeah id love to
`Cuda
Regular

June 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Sun, 03 November 2002 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have U a rough date on when this may happen?
actualy blocking of a deck aint a good idea cause big hassle's
another idea may be shellharbour or kiama for lunch we alway's seem to get enough parking at kiama. then cruise to south beach most car ppl start arriving from around 3pm from then on parking is hard although could do a couple of lap's then park down in the actual harbour area but depend's on the day

anyway just an idea keep me informed

steve

[Updated on: Sun, 03 November 2002 09:05]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Sun, 03 November 2002 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like the kiama idea!
go for a drive down there, nice windy roads... pity i wont have a decent car!! (damn KE50!)

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Mon, 04 November 2002 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so yeah.. any idea on a date??
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 05 November 2002 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I've been meaning to organise it but I've just been busy with my HSC... Now that that's finished, I can organise this...

There is a rough date and it is somewhere in December... It will be on either a Saturday or Sunday but not inside the dates of the 1st to the 8th...

Stuff it, the cruise will be on Sunday the 15th December...

I think we'll meet at Homebush Bay (The big carpark near the train station)... Head off from there to the next meet at Merrylands Maccas... Leave there to the next meet at the Caltex servo on the Princess Highway just past Heathcote Road when heading south... Continue on down the Princess Highway and then down Mt. Ousley (correct spelling???) Road the whole way and take the Wollongong exit to head towards the roundabout and meet all the Woolongong people at the Maccas there...

Head towards the lighthouse to check the parking status and for a few happy laps...

Time wise I think we will meet at around 8:30am at Homebush Bay and I'll work out the meeting times for the other stops asap...

DOES ANYONE WANT TO GO FOR THE BBQ IDEA??? I'M KEEN BUT I WANT SOME OTHER OPINIONS...

[Updated on: Tue, 05 November 2002 01:39]

St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 05 November 2002 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Tue, 05 November 2002 11:50

Stuff it, the cruise will be on Sunday the 15th September...

September?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 05 November 2002 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ignore that...
I meant December... Sorry for that mixup...
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 05 November 2002 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh, yes ben, i knew you meant december, only joking! Razz

so whats the plan if the parking situation is no good?? kiama or shellharbour like cuda said, or??
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 05 November 2002 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be in it.

Wouldnt mind having a bbq either
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 05 November 2002 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve,
What about Stuart Park??? Craig mentioned that and it seems all good to me...
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 05 November 2002 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in.

Will have a trailer, but it'll be a bloody big thing, don't want to hamper my cornering ability.

I've got a couple of small electric bbqs, just add power.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 05 November 2002 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pete, that's awesome mate...
Bring the lecky BBQ's for sure... What power source do they need to run???
Insane Sx
Regular

August 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 05 November 2002 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be attending of course Smiley =
Laughing

as long as the 2 red rolla's lead the pack, everything should go smoothly

Though my mechanic informed me that my engine will probably blow sooner or later...due to the fact i run my car with NO OIL sometimes... (not my fault, server leaks occur sometimes)

So yeah.. if the rolla's rocking then, than i will come a nocking down tha gong!
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 05 November 2002 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will hopefully be there. At least u've given me a little over a month to get the Celica on the road..
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 05 November 2002 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i still have my licence ill be there from canberra... Crying or Very Sad

ill have to convince some others to come as well ehhh lol

wat time will do u reckon u will be at maccas there?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 05 November 2002 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AlwaysRA23,
I'm not too sure about that... I will have a talk to Joel soon to see if he knows the estimate times as to when we would get to the meeting places...
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 05 November 2002 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aint got nothing but time man...

cheers, chris
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 05 November 2002 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im up for it ....i aint taking my car though so it depends on whether my mates up for it or not

CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Wed, 06 November 2002 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manipulate wrote on Wed, 06 November 2002 08:34

Im up for it ....i aint taking my car though

why not?
if i have a set o wheels or a ride i might be in
also depends on work
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Wed, 06 November 2002 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cause my cars a 3 speed and the last time i went it was revving at 4K constantly and ever since then the problem of it stuttering at the low end has gotten worse (stalls in neutral ffs).....(mind u i was a little low on oil too)......so yeah i dont wanna do that to this engine again cause it has to last me untill the engine conversion and id prefer not to spend any money on maintenance on the 2T and leave the money for the conversion...

Have a nice day

Mani

Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Thu, 07 November 2002 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keep more cars coming... The more the better...
MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Thu, 07 November 2002 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah yeah benny boy i may appear as its my mates 18th that day may have to see what happens.
going on schoolies are we where abouts you staying, im up at gold coast pennisula resort.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Thu, 07 November 2002 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No see you don't get it... You'd better be there or lookout!!! Hehehe... Nah, try to come aye... I weant it to be a big Corolla cruise... So if you know other people with Corolla's, tell 'em to come along...

Nah mate, I'm not going to schoolies... Have to start work straight away... Well, actually starting on Monday the 18th...

I'm going on holidays in January though... Heading to Coffs Harbour to one of 3 of my family's timeshare resorts Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
djb23_20v
Occasional Poster

June 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Fri, 08 November 2002 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll get along in my GZE Corolla guys - sounds like good fun.

87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Sat, 09 November 2002 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it all depends on work... Sad
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Sat, 09 November 2002 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
providing i have a ride count me in!!
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Sun, 10 November 2002 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
87seca wrote on Sat, 09 November 2002 11:33

it all depends on work... Sad

Yep, same here....i'll ask the boss for that date off sometime this week. see what he says...if its cool for me to get that off, count me in! and craig, you got a ride here if ya want it....if work isnt cool with it, well, we could have a problem.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Sun, 10 November 2002 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve if ya cant get work off not to worry!! ill just take ya car for the day lol Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Sun, 10 November 2002 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and pigs might fly
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Sun, 10 November 2002 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like a good idea.
I have a wagon with roofracks & a towbar which never comes off (stops me ripping off the bumper on my driveway), how much stuff do you really need?
All aboard!
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Mon, 11 November 2002 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK i think my cars all fine and dandy.....just gotta take it for a test drive

So yeah looks like im going..wheter my mate is or not

See yas there
`Cuda
Regular

June 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Mon, 11 November 2002 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry guy's i've been busy i see we have a date set .One thing is that it would be a good idea for you guy's from out off the area to plan 2 get here earlier then what we have B4 as the last couple of time's we have had a cruise down here we have run out of day light.around 1:30pm is when a lot off ppl start arriving at south beach real busy from 3:00 till around 6:00 well just a idea to help U organise time's .

Cant wait C U all soon
steve
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Mon, 11 November 2002 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just wondering if the BBq is still on?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Mon, 11 November 2002 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wagonist, I take it that you are talking about the BBQ... Well, I spose all we need is a portable BBQ to take down there...

Mani, see you there mate...

Cuda, We can't meet too early man... Otherwise people won't come...

Craig, shit yeah man... It's all happening on Sunday the 15th December... Be there or be square...
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Mon, 11 November 2002 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ben i will be there hopefully ill have a new set of wheels!!

if ya need anything organised give us a buzz!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Mon, 11 November 2002 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
say hello to a square
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 12 November 2002 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 12 November 2002 09:47

say hello to a square

plz explain!
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 12 November 2002 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its from the term....."be there or be square"

hence say hello to a sqaure cause hes not going

....have a cookie

CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 19 November 2002 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump! common people who else is coming!

troy i dont see your hand up yet!
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Tue, 19 November 2002 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there Smile
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Thu, 21 November 2002 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be joining you all

(providing boss doesnt change his mind at last moment and roster me on, but he's pretty cool, so shouldnt have a prob)

i'll be there Very Happy
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Thu, 21 November 2002 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wasn't invited ...

+ I start at 5pm ... so i guess i could go ...
but i still wasnt invited ...

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Thu, 21 November 2002 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh good one ben, don't tell me you forgot to send troy his very own personal invitation. Laughing

How rude can you get. Razz
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Thu, 21 November 2002 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is my point exactly!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Thu, 21 November 2002 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Troy

You are welcome to enjoys at the next wollongong toymods cruises

RSVP yesterday

BYO car
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Sat, 23 November 2002 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are welcome to join Troyboy...

BUT, HOW RUDE ARE YOU?!?!?! I was driving past you today at around 5:00pm down Help Street in Chatswood, flashing my high beams and shouting "Troy" out even when you were entering the parking lot under your work building... So I say it again, HOW RUDE ARE YOU?!?!?!
`Cuda
Regular

June 2002

icon9.gif  Re: Wollongong Cruise... Sun, 24 November 2002 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bummer looks like I will not be goin lost my damn licence.
See what happen's if i can get a driver i'll be there

steve
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: Wollongong Cruise... Sun, 24 November 2002 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahahaha ...

Sorry doode... I didnt even realise that u were calling out ...
Man ... at the end of the day do u really think I can hear you over my stereo and my bloddy exhaust ...

and about the flashing lights ... dood i was late .. i am only looking straight ahead when im trying to get in the car park when im late ... btw if ur on Help street ... u cant see my car park entrance as it is on Macintosh St ..

hahaha Ben .. u lying guy !

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Wollongong Cruise... Sun, 24 November 2002 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I was yelling when you had your head out the window putting your key in the carpark door opener thingy...

I was flashing my lights at you down Help St, across Railway St and then up McIntosh St... So there!!! I was not lying...
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Xmas Dinner the NEW plans !
Next Topic:Real late notice for Victorians
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:17:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081009864807129 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.