Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Western Australia » Looking To Start a *New Skool* Toy Hatches Club

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
HotAE92
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Looking To Start a *New Skool* Toy Hatches Club Thu, 27 January 2005 05:11 Go to next message
Hi my name is jayden, and from the lack of toyota clubs in perth, me and a friend have decided to pool queries of a mid 80's onwards Toyota Hatch club.

Now were still deciding whether to make it purely hatch orientated, or have open entries, and we need a name.
We hope to have a good mix of cars including AE82-onwards Rollas, AE86's, Startlets, Echos' anything goes, WE STRESS THAT UR CAR DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PERFORMANCE BASED, BUT WHAT WE NEED IS A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND PASSION FOR TOYOTAS. We are aiming to promote the toyota presence in perth by attending cruises and similar events.

so post ur interest, and we'll take it from there.

Cheers Jayden.
  Send a private message to this user    
Skrappy
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: Looking To Start a *New Skool* Toy Hatches Club Thu, 27 January 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be in for sure. A little sick of other clubs view towards cruises and such. Things are getting so serious and boring nowadays.

Count me in for sure Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 27 January 2005 11:03]

Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: Looking To Start a *New Skool* Toy Hatches Club Sun, 30 January 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skrappy-I cant talk for all the members of OST (old skool toys)But clubs these days are not getting serious or boring They are just getting Safe. I dont know about you but I dont enjoy seeing people getting hurt or killed. Confused
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: Looking To Start a *New Skool* Toy Hatches Club Sun, 30 January 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

And please dont call it" new skool toys"
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: Looking To Start a *New Skool* Toy Hatches Club Mon, 31 January 2005 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol Laughing
HotAE92
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Looking To Start a *New Skool* Toy Hatches Club Tue, 01 February 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Purple Monkey wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 22:49

And please dont call it" new skool toys"

i wasnt planning to. newayz, ther seems to be fuckall happening from the W.A division of toymods.
Skrappy
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: Looking To Start a *New Skool* Toy Hatches Club Tue, 01 February 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Purple Monkey wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 22:47

Skrappy-I cant talk for all the members of OST (old skool toys)But clubs these days are not getting serious or boring They are just getting Safe. I dont know about you but I dont enjoy seeing people getting hurt or killed. Confused

I wasn't talking about people being safe or not being killed? Nice of you to jump to that assumption though.

I was more referring to the 'every car needs to be a performance car in our club' or 'unless you have 5 turbochargers you can't associate with us' or the 'If you don't know every possible mechanical thing about cars then your not good enough to talk to me' backchat that occurs in many clubs. The most boring clubs being 'no ricers' or 'no trevs' or 'no imports'. Seriously, why can't a club have a mix of all that don't care less about what other people drive.

I'm no hoon, HotAE92 has seen my car, he knows I can't be a hoon, the thing wont burnout or speed even if I want to.

As for clubs getting safe? Sure... all clubs that I know speed well over the limit, some idiot always does a burnout and cops always try and catch the cruise. Sounds real safe to me.
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: Looking To Start a *New Skool* Toy Hatches Club Tue, 01 February 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Skrappy- I am sorry to assume that u were talking about speeding But your assumption About
"all clubs that I know speed well over the limit, some idiot always does a burnout and cops always try and catch the cruise. Sounds real safe to me." Every car cruise I have gone on I have never exceded the limit by more than 5k's.You are welcome to come on a OST car cruise and see that most of the times Our cars stay in a big group, sure you are going to have the odd tool but you will never stop them. As I have said before Old Skool Toys is anti street racing.

I Belive The best time to join a club is with a standard car It gives your the advatage to see where people have gone wrong with mods and saves you making the same mistakes.Hell, I drive a cressida.

come to the car cruise on fri that I think toycsx is organising
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Looking To Start a *New Skool* Toy Hatches Club Wed, 02 February 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HotAE92 wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 08:46

newayz, ther seems to be fuckall happening from the W.A division of toymods.

That because there is no WA division of Toymods. Rolling Eyes
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Looking To Start a *New Skool* Toy Hatches Club Wed, 02 February 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skrappy wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 10:50

I was more referring to the 'every car needs to be a performance car in our club' or 'unless you have 5 turbochargers you can't associate with us' or the 'If you don't know every possible mechanical thing about cars then your not good enough to talk to me' backchat that occurs in many clubs. The most boring clubs being 'no ricers' or 'no trevs' or 'no imports'. Seriously, why can't a club have a mix of all that don't care less about what other people drive.

There have been many clubs over the years that fit your description of what you want, but unfortunately, most of them close down after a couple of years.

Without a core group of modifiers, the club(s) tend to just fall apart, and less and less people turn up to events.
Or the people halfway between modders and grandma's start cutting sik and doing burnouts and shit, and the clubs reputation goes down hill.

It has all happened in the past, and will continue to happen in the future.
There are at least a dozen clubs in Perth that are open to any cars.
FantomCka
Regular

February 2005
icon14.gif  Re: Looking To Start a *New Skool* Toy Hatches Club Tue, 15 February 2005 07:45 Go to previous message
hell yeah....
i'll be in it....
what could you call it...?
Toy_____ something...?
or something else...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:BBQ CRUSE SUNDAY 27TH FEBRUARY 2005
Next Topic:EOI: Perth Cruse
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:23:05 UTC 2024